AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-01-07, 00:26   Link #8181
VTHokiePride

Florida State proved that they could win when they're pushed to the limit. Winston proved to everyone he deserved to win the Heisman. This win was a great 20th birthday present for him. What a win and what a comeback. I'm glad the SEC's reign ended today and the ACC takes home the last BCS series trophy.
Old 2014-01-07, 00:38   Link #8182
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I also agree that he should win the Heisman. Very good game!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 01:10   Link #8183
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Would be nice to see it happen, not that I have anything against the Broncos in particularity. However, their fan base has been very much annoying lately, even more so than the Steelers were before they were eliminated from playoff contention.
It's more so Peyton fans I'm annoyed at than Bronco fans in general. They're some of the most obnoxious and diehard fans that pretty absolve all blame from Peyton's 8 1-and-done playoff appearances. This has all the makings of being the 2007 playoffs all over again, Peyton will just be in different colors.

And great championship game tonight, one of the best in recent memory. Obviously a helluva lot better than last year's. Great way to send out the BCS. Even though I'm an SEC fan, it's still nice to have the final BCS trophy reside here in Florida.

And the SEC's reign is hardly "over". If anything we made a point tonight. People thought FSU would dominate Auburn tonight and for 3 and a half quarters Auburn was clearly the bette team. If the Noles played in the SEC they would have at least one or two losses, tonight just proved they've been playing glorified high school teams all season with the exception of Clemson, who imploded and isn't really SEC caliber. And this is in a "down year" for the SEC. Also, FSU is basically an SEC team in the ACC in the first place. This just proves the only way you can beat the SEC is to build a team just like it, and FSU is in a unique position to do that with being school 1b here in Florida.
Old 2014-01-07, 01:36   Link #8184
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Impossible. No one can be more annoying than Steelers fans.
If you ever see Collingwood fans in Australia - trust me, you wouldn't say that. They are the scum of the earth and love the fact they are. They make old school Oakland and current-day elitist groups look like pansies.

Ric Flair pledges allegiance to the 49ers, Steve Smith is majorly ticked off.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2014-01-07 at 05:05.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 07:08   Link #8185
sky black swordman

Quote:
Would be nice to see it happen, not that I have anything against the Broncos in particularity. However, their fan base has been very much annoying lately, even more so than the Steelers were before they were eliminated from playoff contention.
Actually, their fanbase (not the whole fanbase but an significant amount of it) became annoying ever since the Broncos signed Peyton Manning.

Quote:
I must say, if a team were to lose a BCS game by two or three points, what would the hypothetical result in the college life of a kicker who missed a easy field goal in that game?
Extremely uncomfortable. It wouldn't be too shocking if he received a death threat or two from extreme hardcore fans.

Anyway, congrats to FSU on their BCS national championship win. I personally give most of the credit for this win to the defense and Levonte Whitfield's 100-yard kickoff return for a TD than Winston.
Old 2014-01-07, 11:44   Link #8186
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Philadelphia crash and burn...bueno!

The butthurt over the Packers Niners game was epic

Dalton was just embarrassing o_o I'm waiting on River's to choke.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 12:46   Link #8187
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Its going to be a long wait until next week. Anyone want to discuss the off season of the teams not in the playoffs?

Also, the hype for next season of the Jaguars has already started.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 14:43   Link #8188
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
I'm glad the SEC's reign ended today and the ACC takes home the last BCS series trophy.
I'm not satisfied on having a four team playoff with irrelevant rankings to matter next season. If you are going to make a playoff system, you need more teams in 16/24 teams in the mix. I feel like it's going to be same mess but lot worser unless someone is fed up and finding more flaws to this.

More importantly in regards to last night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaND6WX2DjM

I'm proud to be a Seminole
Old 2014-01-07, 14:49   Link #8189
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
I'm not satisfied on having a four team playoff with irrelevant rankings to matter next season. If you are going to make a playoff system, you need more teams in 16/24 teams in the mix. I feel like it's going to be same mess but lot worser unless someone is fed up and finding more flaws to this.

More importantly in regards to last night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaND6WX2DjM

I'm proud to be a Seminole
I think the people in charge knows it has flaws, but are too lazy to change it especially since there are too many factors to input in. I am pretty sure they are just focus on making money off these kids to care.
Old 2014-01-07, 18:55   Link #8190
Highman

Quote:
I think the people in charge knows it has flaws, but are too lazy to change it especially since there are too many factors to input in. I am pretty sure they are just focus on making money off these kids to care.
More money to their self-entitlement, as the future comes close ahead more issues will be raised upon. College Football needs to have another makeover again to have top 25 AP eliminated and push for a longer season from July till December playoff post-season. Someone or majority has to stick up to these bigwatts and punish the NCAA hard for everything to the players and fans.
Old 2014-01-07, 19:40   Link #8191
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
More money to their self-entitlement, as the future comes close ahead more issues will be raised upon. College Football needs to have another makeover again to have top 25 AP eliminated and push for a longer season from July till December playoff post-season. Someone or majority has to stick up to these bigwatts and punish the NCAA hard for everything to the players and fans.
Yeah, I do not enjoy it either. I don't even watch college ball and I know what they are doing is wrong. However, you will most likely need a boycott than an uprising of fans to force a change. Money is the only thing they will respond to, you take away money, they will listen. However, everyone wants to watch football, comradely of college sport, and such means people cannot help themselves to go and buy tickets to go thus never bringing any worries towards the people upstairs.

Reason why I do not go college games unless I get free tickets, I just watch them from home though college mistakes are very sloppy and turned me off.
Old 2014-01-07, 20:24   Link #8192
Highman

Quote:
Reason why I do not go college games unless I get free tickets, I just watch them from home though college mistakes are very sloppy and turned me off.
What about student discounts, discounts sometimes matter. For someone to boycott, we need someone who has the biggest ego than the committee and that's the student players who never satisfied with this whole ordeal by the NCAA. Johnny Manziel is the best representative as long he won't bend down and never compassionate to those who are hurting the game. But is that too much?
Old 2014-01-07, 21:10   Link #8193
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
What about student discounts, discounts sometimes matter. For someone to boycott, we need someone who has the biggest ego than the committee and that's the student players who never satisfied with this whole ordeal by the NCAA. Johnny Manziel is the best representative as long he won't bend down and never compassionate to those who are hurting the game. But is that too much?
Yes, however, such groups take time to organize. College Players usually have scholarships and thus it is leverage against them. If a couple of players show disinterest and tries to spark a change, they will lose their scholarships and the momentum dies easily before anyone else can join in.

Update: Dolphins and GM Jeff Ireland mutually part ways. The Dolphins are really cleaning house.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2014-01-07 at 23:32.
Old 2014-01-08, 14:35   Link #8194
Highman

Quote:
Yes, however, such groups take time to organize. College Players usually have scholarships and thus it is leverage against them. If a couple of players show disinterest and tries to spark a change, they will lose their scholarships and the momentum dies easily before anyone else can join in.

Update: Dolphins and GM Jeff Ireland mutually part ways. The Dolphins are really cleaning house.
That's where WE ARE RIGHT NOW! We are seeing groups form before start of season called "All Players United" who have outlash and put helmet stickers in games.

This one was recently last week:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...kes_to_ro.html
Old 2014-01-08, 15:09   Link #8195
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Manziel has declare

Quote:
Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout 1h
Would love to see Manziel with the #Jaguars. Jedd Fisch could mold him, Joeckel familiar with him, targets in Shorts and Co.
I agree.
Old 2014-01-08, 15:31   Link #8196
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Manziel has declare

I agree.
The only I'll agree is seeing him end his career by Donkey Kong Suh and Demarcus Ware.

Defenses are going to have a ball with him
Old 2014-01-08, 15:56   Link #8197
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

He'll tear up NFL defenses. What people like you don't understand is that he scrambles, he doesn't straight line run into a brick wall like RGIII and Tim Tebow. Manziel will make them look silly just like he's made a bunch of NFL prospects in college look silly. Modern day Fran Tarkenton, Joe Montana, Roger Staubach, Steve Young, Doug Flutie. He's a QB of their ilk, with a Brett Favre mentality.

Can't wait to see him succeed in the NFL so people who think they know what they're talking about can go back and reevaluate themselves and their knowledge of the history of the game.
Old 2014-01-08, 16:45   Link #8198
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
He'll tear up NFL defenses. What people like you don't understand is that he scrambles, he doesn't straight line run into a brick wall like RGIII and Tim Tebow. Manziel will make them look silly just like he's made a bunch of NFL prospects in college look silly. Modern day Fran Tarkenton, Joe Montana, Roger Staubach, Steve Young, Doug Flutie. He's a QB of their ilk, with a Brett Favre mentality.

Can't wait to see him succeed in the NFL so people who think they know what they're talking about can go back and reevaluate themselves and their knowledge of the history of the game.
It depends if Caldwell sees that in him. Whether I am against it or for it is on Caldwell's decision. If Caldwell picks him, then he is a true Franchise Quarterback. If not, then I cannot disagree with Caldwell. You understand right?

Also, do you know the roster of the Senior South Team? The Jaguars are couching the South on the Senior Bowl and I cannot find the roster, only an incomplete roster.
Old 2014-01-08, 17:28   Link #8199
GDB

Quote:

With a statement like that, you better hope he doesn't fail.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 17:36   Link #8200
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
With a statement like that, you better hope he doesn't fail.
Could it end up any worse than Blaine Gabbert?

Tags
american football, sports