AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: My-Otome Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 77 37.56%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 65 31.71%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 35 17.07%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 7.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 3.90%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.95%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.49%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-10, 13:48   Link #161
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
Well, apparently the way Otomes operates and are distributed among kingdoms are not known, hence providing a grey area to argue the point out.

Moreover, aren't Meisters suppose to be like WMDs? To allow a kingdom a small army of, say, 5 meisters, would just bring about imbalance, especially when, like you said, not all of the 12 kingdoms have joined Garderobe. Since the Meisters only need to obey their masters, Garderobe would be basically powerless (even with 5 pillars) to stop 5 meisters or so, from invading an Meister-less kingdom.

And of course, theres the example of Windbloom, 15 years ago. Rena was apparently the only mister for Windbloom at that time, and I definately dont think a kingdom as rich as Windbloom would turn down the offer of getting more than 1 Meisters, would it?

In simple terms, Meister distribution in MO doesn't make much sense, by numericals.
Regardless, I doubt that the REM technology Cardair gained from Aswald allowed them to all of a sudden get Otomes when the REM technology doesn't even materialize robes in the first place not to mention it wasn't that long ago either.

The fact that in the Dragon King war we see several Otomes on each side and that Chie is going to be taken under Harkua, I do not think it is too farfetch for several Kingdoms to have more than one Otome. Unless of course when war comes along Kingdoms are allowed to recruit 12 Otomes from Garderobe right from the start which is a little silly.

Add to the fact that with graduates every year, they have to go somewhere.

Though one could say that there are only 1 meister Otome for each kingdom and several sub-ordinate Otomes for them.
Old 2006-03-10, 13:52   Link #162
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
Natsuki and Nao did nothing important again. I think I should just keep that in a file and paste it for every episode, I am tired of writing it again and again.
Well, Sergey has done much for Nina like the Jabaal has done for both Arika and Mashiro.

Plot device character!

He became the plot device for the Nina-Harmonium.

Episode 17:
Got scratched by Erstin’s slave, and the handkerchief, that Arika made for oji-sama, flew out from his jacket giving away his identity. This in turn shocked Nina and to her anger and jealousy bursting out, the Ultimate Black Diamond becomes activated. Meister Nina blames and vents her wrath on Arika, attempting to kill her.
Erstin interferes, and she goes green sparkles which imperially pisses off Meister Arika. Then, both girls go über, and we get collision of near hydrogen fusion blast.

This episode:
Sergey gets impaled by Miyu’s sword in the gut. Meister Nina gets transported by the Harmonium materializing her wish to see Sergey. She finds out a mortally injured Sergey and sees Meister Arika on stage. Meister Nina explodes ballistic activating the Harmonium power on her, ready to kill Arika again.
Miyu interferes, and we get collision of near nuclear scale.
Old 2006-03-10, 13:54   Link #163
ryuuu

Quote:
Why did Fia stopped for a second which allowed Gakutenou to stab her? Typical anime character - stopping in her tracks just because her opponent shouted something. That's not a dialogue, it's a fight, idiot! Not that I would miss her but this fight deserved a bit better ending. It's always nice to see Aswad kicking some Otome asses.
Fia stopped for a second because Midori called for gakutenou. In that scene midori called gakutenou while looking up. Fia probably assumed that gakutenou is going to come from above, not expecting to get stabbed from below. That was areally nice diversion from Midori.
Old 2006-03-10, 14:24   Link #164
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Well, Sergey has done much for Nina like the Jabaal has done for both Arika and Mashiro.

Plot device character!

He became the plot device for the Nina-Harmonium.

Episode 17:
Got scratched by Erstin’s slave, and the handkerchief, that Arika made for oji-sama, flew out from his jacket giving away his identity.
Actually, the plot device here was the handkerchief, rather than Sergei.

In the second case we can also argue that Miyu was the plot device. Sergei had a lot more valid reason to be there at that time - he was leading the Valkyrie squadron while Miyu arrived in the typical "coincidental" fashion of plot devices.

Anyway, if we start counting all the plot devices in Mai Otome, I think we will reach an incredibly high number.

Quote:
Fia stopped for a second because Midori called for gakutenou. In that scene midori called gakutenou while looking up. Fia probably assumed that gakutenou is going to come from above, not expecting to get stabbed from below. That was areally nice diversion from Midori.
I know but it stll seemed stupid to fall for such a trick. I know that I am nitpicking, if every time I watched MO episode I could complain only about minor issues like this one, I would have enjoyed the series a lot more.

Old 2006-03-10, 14:53   Link #165
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
currently watching it and i figured something out!

Spoiler for dark otome from opening 1:

Spoiler for can someone answer this for me?:

Last edited by -KarumA-; 2006-03-10 at 15:51.
Old 2006-03-10, 16:47   Link #166
monster

Ha, ha, ha, finally a Mai Otome episode that's more fun to watch than a Fate/stay night or a Black Cat episode. Both Miyu and Tomoe are awesome in this episode. And I'm really glad Fia lost through trickery rather than lack of power compared to Midori. Oh yeah, and there's Mai and Midori as well.
Old 2006-03-10, 17:12   Link #167
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuuu
Just watched the raw yet again. I noticed that Fia also looked up when Midori called for gakutenou. If I'm remembering right, in almost every scene that he's been summoned he's come from above. It's obvious that Natsuki knows the Aswad are involved, I wonder how this will conflict with Mashiros promise to allow Aswad the Garderobe technology, since Natsuki is technically still in charge.

Quote:
In the second case we can also argue that Miyu was the plot device. Sergei had a lot more valid reason to be there at that time - he was leading the Valkyrie squadron while Miyu arrived in the typical "coincidental" fashion of plot devices.
Actually it seems like the various Mikotos are the real plot devices, since they seem to be leading people to something important. In the beginning of the episode, Miyu encounters one of the cats, and from the actions of the cat she probably got the impression something was wrong with Arika and Mashiro. As to how she found Arika, no clue. Maybe it has something to do with the golden hair she sees on Arika. In any case, it was still one of the best entrances for a character I've seen in anime. She really put out some ownage.

Spoiler for Karuma:
Old 2006-03-10, 17:31   Link #168
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Wow...do NOT mess with Sergay while Nina's a Meister Otome. I actually backed up from my computer when Nina's eyes turned yellow and summoned the cyclone I have a 20-in monitor so yeah... Holy cow, I can't see how Arika's gonna be able to beat her unless Miyu and/or Mikoto and/or Mai put her through some serious training beforehand.

I liked Chie this time around - she's got a good head on her shoulders and she knows how to use it. Let the power-tripping Coral girls get to fight while she takes care of buisness (and Sergay) I'm kinda surprised Nina doesn't gun for Chie with all the time they've been around each other lately. I'm just messing.

So Sergay goes down yet again with wounds (after he just healed up from the Big Bang too). So much for that invincible hide of his - got run clean through. Heh, despite all of the crap they've been through because of each other, Arika still doesn't want Sergay to be hurt. Probably more for Nina's sake now than her own, and I found it a lil odd that Miyu was immediately apologizing for it. I guess it shows her motto - 'Stab first, apologize later'. ^^ I have to give props for Sergay for shooting at her as quickly as he did to stop the sword on Tomoe.

Man, after this fight, I REALLY want to see what the Arika/Tomoe Coral battle looked like!!!
Old 2006-03-10, 17:42   Link #169
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Heh, despite all of the crap they've been through because of each other, Arika still doesn't want Sergay to be hurt. Probably more for Nina's sake now than her own,
I don't see a reason why she would kill him.

I mean, he's the reason why she's come this far. She knows why he's doing this, "Ideals and reality don't go together." And she still has feelings for him. She's basically confused. I mean, how would you feel in her situation and find out the guy your in love with was your benefactor but also part of the "bad guys" brigade?

Ah man, if Sergay=Tate, please let it be so.
Old 2006-03-10, 17:53   Link #170
philip72

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
Isn't that the darndest thing?

We are so far into the series but we still have no clue if he is or not.
Some episodes I'm positive he is Tate, others I'm sure he's not.
Old 2006-03-10, 17:58   Link #171
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
It would fit right in as to why he just doesn't quit working for Nagi and side with Arika. Nagi/Artai = Shiho in my book. That and he knows what Nagi's capable of and he has Nina - someone who can and will try her BEST to kill Arika should hte chance arise. He's tired of it all but he wants to stick it through to the end because of his honor. Although he does have a lot to answer for if Mai comes to call...

I can't wait for a sub of what the Arika/Sergay exchange was all about. Heh, his hand was shaking as he pointed the gun at Arika...probably hasn't had that happen since he was 17.

Let Shizuru spank the hell outta Tomoe at the end, please. Tomoe's gonna die a painful death, unless Chie Oneesama takes the final hit for her...grrr, Chie don't you DARE do that...><
Old 2006-03-10, 17:58   Link #172
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Haha Tempest35, I thought I was the only one seeing a Sergay/Chie pipedream . Nina, beware. I wonder how many injuries the North Hound can sustain before this series is over. He's reminding me of Gundam SEED Athrun in the respect.
Old 2006-03-10, 18:00   Link #173
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

He's the monty python black knight of the series!
Old 2006-03-10, 18:09   Link #174
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma
Haha Tempest35, I thought I was the only one seeing a Sergay/Chie pipedream . Nina, beware. I wonder how many injuries the North Hound can sustain before this series is over. He's reminding me of Gundam SEED Athrun in the respect.
Whoo, Sergay/Chie...that's almost like saying, Sergay/Natsuki...the potential is outstanding but at the same time...unattainable. I'd rather them than Sergay/Arika though...^^; or Sergay/Nina for that matter. Geez so many 'Sergay/____ 's ; I swear, I've never seen any guy in an anime series have so many potentials outside of an official 'harem series'.

As for injuries, he's still got one more Otome to take a whack from. Beware young one, the ladle is faster than the eye...
Old 2006-03-10, 18:24   Link #175
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Isn't that the darndest thing?

We are so far into the series but we still have no clue if he is or not.
Some episodes I'm positive he is Tate, others I'm sure he's not.
It's mainly because I want to see Mai's reaction to Sergay...well you know being attracted to a girl that's like 10 years younger than him, Not to mention she's 15 and he's 25 so yeah, that is inappropiate. Oh and add to the fact that he has a daughter as well whose in love with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35
Let Shizuru spank the hell outta Tomoe at the end, please. Tomoe's gonna die a painful death, unless Chie Oneesama takes the final hit for her...grrr, Chie don't you DARE do that...><
Yeah, when she comes back she'll be saying how she's been such a bad girl and couldn't succeed at her mission. Next thing we know she's begging Shizuru to punish her, which she does....literally Aw man I'm getting images right now, bad bad bad!

*Windbloom soldier*

I can't tell if those screams are screams of joy or screams of pain.
Old 2006-03-10, 21:14   Link #176
ando

Quote:
Why, oh why, Miyu had to save Arika?
Miyu said, "あの方の残された最優先指令です(It is the most priority order which that one left)" at around 18:14 in episode 22. "That one" is Rena Sayers.
Old 2006-03-10, 21:31   Link #177
TheDisruptiveOne

Miyu's performance in this episode is the coolest thing I have seen all series long. She beat down Tomoe, impaled Sergay, and stood her ground vs Nina's ultimate attack. We have seen Miyu prior to this episode, but I don't think enough credit has been given to her wardrobe selection in this series. She easily has the coolest outfit. Nagi is a close second.

I am excited about Miyu being in a hotspring. I have waited like 48 episodes for fanservice of this quality.
Old 2006-03-10, 23:16   Link #178
friendshipz
lilian gakuen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ando
Miyu said, "あの方の残された最優先指令です(It is the most priority order which that one left)" at around 18:14 in episode 22. "That one" is Rena Sayers.
so it came to conclude that rena is connected to miyu? now am so anxious to find out who really is arika grandma ..since at first i guess its mai -_-" but from the preview of esp 23 it proved me all wrong....

if sergei=tate , than he surely is mai lover... ok lets analysis something, mai hime/otome is a series where they develop more on drama plot rather than any fighting scene. so for any dramatical anime, when u fall in love wif someone u will keep thinking of that particular person, but i never heard and seen anywhere in the series where sergei mention anything about "mai", wat he comes wif were all rena flashback.

we had came so far, if sunrise just plant in the plot of sergei is indeed mai lover , i don think their love isnt anywhere strong enough to have them fighting each other for the seek of that man "mai vs nina" , wat i had seen so far , if the battle between this two had occured , i strongly believe that it is for the seek of helping arika-tachi . my intuition just telling me they are NOT~! lover..

karuma, brillant o_0! i went back and rewatch the op1, aoi is very much fit into the role of that dark lady..

Last edited by friendshipz; 2006-03-11 at 09:27.
Old 2006-03-11, 02:29   Link #179
AMon10A

I just have to question Sergay's intelligence after pissing Miyu off like that, I mean it's only Tomoe he was saving by distracting her. Also the Valkyrie robes are just hillarious for turning them into Murasame 's. I was just laughing my head off at that and poor Nina I just hope she dosen't the same fate as Shinn, who's she's starting to share some similarites with. Other then that Miyu just ruled in the episode. Well those are my fragmented thoughts on this episode. Oh and yeah Mai's back. Although I hope she dosen't steal Arika's starring role I hope she at least is as uber-powerful as Kira in combat. She deserves as much.
Old 2006-03-11, 02:31   Link #180
DwArD
mAnIaC

Hmm.....where's the other valkyries when their attack is being deflected by Miyu? Sorry if this has been mentioned before....
Closed Thread