AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-01-11, 23:00   Link #10761
Frozt

I'm astonished how he just made that break up with Yuzuki worth less than a penny and how much his relationship with Yuzuki meant to him by considering to sleep with Adachi and actually cheering up after a little girl told him to do so. I know Seo Kouji is just writing this to keep his readers interested, but it doesn't stop us from being angry on how poor this writing actually is...
256 - Break-up after 255(?) chapters worth of development.
257 - Moves on in less than 48 hours..
Now I gotta wait to see how this predicament gets sorted out and hopefully Seo Kouji will have Yuzuki dating another boy(sleeping & getting impregnated with some random guy would be even better), just so Haruto can go through utter humiliation before crawling back to her and inevitably taking her back while taking care of a kid that is not even his..

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoemiChan View Post
If Seo plans to have Yuzuki cheat again.... F*CK!!!!
I honestly don't want this to happen but at the same time I do.... Just so Haruto goes through hell and lives there for a couple of months before coming out & taking her back.
Frozt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-11, 23:02   Link #10762
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-11, 23:08   Link #10763
lightbringer
M9000

The hesitation about the one night stand at the end was more to lift the mood a bit after the breakup, imho. It was getting a bit somber there.

This outcome was inevitable from the moment they started a long distance relationship - they practically never work out IRL - but I'm confident that the end of the manga will see both of them married to each other. Let's just hope that they are not sixty by then
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-11, 23:13   Link #10764
Pesti13nce

What is with japaneese culture and the lack of communication? He thought she wouldn't want to move for him... Instead of asking our talking about it he goes full retard.... amazing. .... its like a middle school relationship
Pesti13nce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-11, 23:14   Link #10765
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
The hesitation about the one night stand at the end was more to lift the mood a bit after the breakup, imho. It was getting a bit somber there.

This outcome was inevitable from the moment they started a long distance relationship - they practically never work out IRL - but I'm confident that the end of the manga will see both of them married to each other. Let's just hope that they are not sixty by then
That is not the problem. It's the continues rise of potential cheating that might occur again. It's pretty annoying...

But I like you idea of a good ending.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-11, 23:23   Link #10766
Toma.Kamijo

Quote:
I don't think it's going to happen, Seo likes the drama but a lot of people still hate her for go out with Kazama and leave Haruto. It would be too much a new infidelity.
Toma.Kamijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-11, 23:24   Link #10767
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesti13nce View Post
What is with japaneese culture and the lack of communication? He thought she wouldn't want to move for him... Instead of asking our talking about it he goes full retard.... amazing. .... its like a middle school relationship
Its kind of a stereotype, but the Japanese males are usually characterized as introverted and usually the one looked upon to make the final say in the relationships. It is strange that when in relationships most often they play the reserve role and often called spineless in western cultures, however when it comes to critical decision, they usually want to make the best choice for their partner even if it breaks their heart. Its a big difference of cultures.

Still, I must criticized Seo here. It is becoming very ridicules. One would expect this second long distance relationship would last much longer with all they been through. It cannot be that easy.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-11, 23:38   Link #10768
Humble Loser
Spineless Main Character

Oh Man, Oh God!

I joked in an earlier post about Yuzuki possibly being pregnant and aborting the child before Haruto comes back. I also pondered the possibly of Yuzuki getting depressed and maybe sleeping around with another guy. With Haruto's hesitation to where he seemed like he considered the offer for a second to sleep with his coworker, Seo might have Yuzuki acting the same back in Tokyo.

Unbelievable. You have to read this manga to believe it. I read it and I still sometimes don't believe it.
Humble Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 01:40   Link #10769
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
That is not the problem. It's the continues rise of potential cheating that might occur again. It's pretty annoying...
I get what you mean, but strictly speaking it's not cheating at this point since they broke up, with mutual consent no less. Naturally, if they get together with someone else or have a one night stand on the day after the breakup, it would diminish their characters greatly, but it's not in the realm of two-timing/being unfaithful.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 01:50   Link #10770
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Loser View Post
Oh Man, Oh God!

I joked in an earlier post about Yuzuki possibly being pregnant and aborting the child before Haruto comes back. I also pondered the possibly of Yuzuki getting depressed and maybe sleeping around with another guy. With Haruto's hesitation to where he seemed like he considered the offer for a second to sleep with his coworker, Seo might have Yuzuki acting the same back in Tokyo.

Unbelievable. You have to read this manga to believe it. I read it and I still sometimes don't believe it.
My bet

Things go well as a result of this project and a few months later Haruto gets transferred back to Tokyo. He sees Yuzuki and it turns out that she is pregnant... and engaged. She claims it is her fiance's which happened shortly after they broke up but it's actually Haruto's and her father forced her into an arranged marriage because of it to save face and is making her not tell Haruto about it.
Old 2014-01-12, 01:51   Link #10771
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

That seems really believable at this point, seems like a Seo thing to do.
Old 2014-01-12, 02:20   Link #10772
Somnus
Eh?

So I liked the slice-of-life segments and adventures of an established couple. It's the thread that kept me attached to KNIM, and kept me reading every week. Now that that's been severed the only thing I feel is complete and utter boredom.

Haruto recovered in like a day, and is apparently performing better than ever. Go on, young grass eater, here's hoping the manga ends on this note and you're left wondering what could have been.

Really though, I feel like Seo just casually erased a save file that has 100+ hours invested in it, thus rendering said time completely pointless. Maybe we get to play New Game+? Except, you know, nothing fun happens and there are no bonuses.
Old 2014-01-12, 03:22   Link #10773
Pesti13nce

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
My bet

Things go well as a result of this project and a few months later Haruto gets transferred back to Tokyo. He sees Yuzuki and it turns out that she is pregnant... and engaged. She claims it is her fiance's which happened shortly after they broke up but it's actually Haruto's and her father forced her into an arranged marriage because of it to save face and is making her not tell Haruto about it.
That seems a bit much ever for seo.... sad part is..... I Could see it happen.. ugh.. this series sucks. .

I can see him about to get his yoohoo wet then breaking out into tears and diddly coming to terms with not being able to live without eba then getting back together.... or trying too

Last edited by Pesti13nce; 2014-01-12 at 03:39.
Pesti13nce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 04:44   Link #10774
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

The worst part of it is that, yes, when they went so far as to point out that this new drink would be a "Kochi exclusive thing", I'm sure it'll do incredibly well and they'll think of expanding it to other areas. Which might just end up with Haruto moving back to Tokyo not so long after breaking up like a retard and then having to face the awkward situation of meeting Yuzuki, yet again.

Also, really, I know this has been mostly following Haruto's point of view ever since the beginning, and once Yuzuki disappeared the first time around she really was nowhere to be seen until her return, but now it's different, y'know? I hope Seo has the decency of showing off what's happening to her, because as someone who really likes her character, it simply blows to have the last we see of her for a GOOD while be that scene of her crying incredibly hard on the station while her would be husband speeds off into the distance after the most awkward break up ever. She doesn't even deserve that!
Old 2014-01-12, 04:52   Link #10775
Sakuratsuki

I'm speechless after reading chapter 257. This is too retarded. Seo what the ... are you doing?

on a side note: who added the tag 'a town where you rage' to this manga? good one guys, ahahah
Sakuratsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 05:21   Link #10776
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Well, there goes all hope this is resolved quickly. It's pretty much Tokyo arc 2.0 now. Here's hoping neither of the two is finding someone else before the inevitable reunion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
My bet

You! Stop it! Back during Tokyo arc I didn't want to believe your prediction about Kazama being Yuzuki's boyfriend and I really don't like what you're predicting here either - so stop it!!
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 06:49   Link #10777
Subarunyon
Yui is mai waifu <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Well, there goes all hope this is resolved quickly. It's pretty much Tokyo arc 2.0 now. Here's hoping neither of the two is finding someone else before the inevitable reunion.

You! Stop it! Back during Tokyo arc I didn't want to believe your prediction about Kazama being Yuzuki's boyfriend and I really don't like what you're predicting here either - so stop it!!
He's actually Seo in disguise, dont you know that?

That said I actually dont really mind the new developments...It's a bit nonsensical but life is nonsensical. I wish Haruto the best with his work. I know more shitstorm will be coming though in one form or another.

One thing I actually like is that the title still connects to the main issue of the manga. I guess it's unavoidable that a manga with this title will explore long distance relationships. The first Tokyo arc doesnt really count as long distance.

Also, just because he's not crying like a little girl doesnt mean he's fully recovered from it. He must still be thinking about Yuzuki, just not showing it in his actions.
Subarunyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 07:39   Link #10778
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
The worst part of it is that, yes, when they went so far as to point out that this new drink would be a "Kochi exclusive thing", I'm sure it'll do incredibly well and they'll think of expanding it to other areas. Which might just end up with Haruto moving back to Tokyo not so long after breaking up like a retard and then having to face the awkward situation of meeting Yuzuki, yet again.

Also, really, I know this has been mostly following Haruto's point of view ever since the beginning, and once Yuzuki disappeared the first time around she really was nowhere to be seen until her return, but now it's different, y'know? I hope Seo has the decency of showing off what's happening to her, because as someone who really likes her character, it simply blows to have the last we see of her for a GOOD while be that scene of her crying incredibly hard on the station while her would be husband speeds off into the distance after the most awkward break up ever. She doesn't even deserve that!
Then does Haruto deserve to be dump by her for no logical reason back in Tokyo arc? People should taste their own medicine for mistreating others... It's heavenly justice.
Old 2014-01-12, 08:08   Link #10779
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Man, I always find it funny how much that one event stuck with some people even after all this time. Anyway, I don't think Haruto "deserved" it, so to speak, but he dug his own grave back then when he decided to go along with the Nanami imaginary boyfriend act. Things turned out for the worse, Yuzuki saw him and decided to sacrifice her relationship in order to help Kazama.

I'm not going to defend her for everything, though. It's obvious the letter wasn't the best way to handle it, and it was certainly a "cruel" way to break down things for Haruto, but I imagine she did it quite consciously that it might've been better off that way.

Actually, now that I think about it, the two situations are indeed quite similar. To me, the episode with Yuzuki dumping Haruto was obviously her way of meaning well. She witnessed what she saw, Haruto looked relatively happy with Nanami, and then he kept complaining to her about how "hard" a long-distance relationship was. So, in order to help Kazama AND Haruto, she probably imagined being "cruel" would make Haruto forget about her and see his feelings change, once again. It was selfish of her, in one way, but then at the same time, she was letting go of someone who was, even if not a boyfriend, at least an important friend, because she imagined it'd have been for the best for all parts involved.

Skip to the "present", and now it's Haruto the one who's breaking up with her, assuming he knows what's best for Yuzuki and doing it so in a very awkward way, too. If you ask me, both were in the wrong, be it Yuzuki back then or Haruto now, but the main difference is that, for Yuzuki, this situation happened when she was quite young, their relationship had barely started and, overall, it felt like something that could go through the mind of a young girl.

Haruto's case, however, is far more complicated. They've gone through so many hardships together, they were about to get married, they're both more mature and older, and yet... he doesn't seem like he put much thought into it. Letting go of a long distance relationship after you meet for the first time after you start dating is one thing, letting go of the woman you obviously love, for whom you left your hometown and went to Tokyo to get her back, as well as the one who's been part of your life for almost two years without even consulting with her first and just leaving her there crying, all alone? That's on a whole different level, if you ask me.
Old 2014-01-12, 08:41   Link #10780
Fwarlord

First, I believe Yuzuki must has decided to be with Kazama before seeing Haruto and Nanami being together. That scene just gave her another pretext to justify her decision instead of being a decisive factor.

Second, I can't see they become more mature. They both look like eternal retard kids stubbornly trying to play love game. I wonder if they really love each other or just too stubborn to give up on what they think is "true love". Sacrificing themselves for the sake of their love ones by hurting both and believe that's for the best? Is it true love. No. It's just egoism and delusionism. Unless they can overcome their childish egos, move on and become more mature, I don't think people like that can find happiness...

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life