Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-17, 00:04   Link #1841
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
Kouko's brand of crazy reminds me more and more of Lucy's of "I Love Lucy" fame. That scene where she was trying to slip off the dead bolt was absolute comedy gold, and it was almost sweet that Banri doesn't even bat an eye at it any more....
This. On the other hand, I spent the first half of the episode worrying that the show was going nowhere, and giving me nothing. Kouko just seemed so sunk in her nutso Lucy-ness.

But then we got that long scene between Chinami and Kouko, which I loved: two excellent comic voice actresses, one in her mid-thirties (Horie Yui), after years at the top; the other in her mid-teens (Kido Ibuki), just rising. Glorious to hear them feeling their way through the script together and playing off each other's lines.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 00:12   Link #1842
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I really did like that chat with Kouko and Oka at the end. It was a good chance to get into their heads a bit. Mostly was a chance to hear Kouko's thoughts and see things from her perspective not just Banri's perspective. Both having their own worries though Chinami a bit less open about her shock about Mitsuo and Linda. A good chance for those two to strengthen their friendship.

Really curious how things are going to turn out. On the positive maybe this will make Ghost Banri give Banri a break and harass Mitsuo instead .
Old 2014-01-17, 00:21   Link #1843
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I realized two piece don't go well with Koko.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 01:16   Link #1844
Frontier

You ask me, Kouko looks great in any swimsuit, be it a one-piece, bikini, or school swimsuit .
Old 2014-01-17, 05:06   Link #1845
MasterVampire

Interesting how Koko was looking at Bandi's reaction when he saw Linda with Yana
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 05:33   Link #1846
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

The less Banri (whichever version) narrates and/or thinks loudly, it makes for a much more interesting episode. And leaving aside the shameless Mitsuo/Linda plot device fried chicken date, I still find it astonishing how childish all the cast is presented. I mean if you changed the university setting into middle school, their attitude would be much more natural.
Old 2014-01-17, 10:58   Link #1847
apr
Pedestrian

I'm surprised at how calmly everyone is taking the Mitsuo/Linda thing. When I was reading the book and it was revealed just who he was with, I went into shock, breaking into a cold sweat and shivering. It took me several minutes of blank staring before I could continue reading. It was as if I'd caught my girlfriend cheating.

I may be getting a bit too involved.

Last edited by apr; 2014-01-17 at 11:20.
apr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 11:05   Link #1848
Kakurin
大佐

I guess I wasn't too surprised, at least on Mitsuo's part, considering what happened at the party where they worked part-time.
Old 2014-01-17, 12:52   Link #1849
kaigan
Segmentation fault

i don't get this stalking business. so what if their hunch that mitsuo and chinami were dating was correct? weren't they entitled for some private time? other peoples' quality time? nobody stalked kouko and banri when they began dating. banri did not inform mitsuo that he's going to confess to the latter's childhood friend. banri and kouko's private space respected. banri and kouko voluntarily told everyone when they're found out. wouldn't it be better for them to wait and let mitsuo explain himself? like mature adults? well, they're all wrong. mitsuo was into something bigger mess. indeed, some things are better left unknown. curiosity killed the cat. and now they have bigger problems.

i also noticed the surprising change of attitude of kouko towards chinami. what could have caused this? after the yana and linda date, kouko suddenly acting all chummy to chinami? was she secretly relieved that mitsuo is no longer pursuing chinami, thus tagging chinami as 'safe'? or was kouko sympathetic to her? or looking for allies?
kaigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 13:22   Link #1850
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigan View Post
i don't get this stalking business. so what if their hunch that mitsuo and chinami were dating was correct? weren't they entitled for some private time? other peoples' quality time? nobody stalked kouko and banri when they began dating. banri did not inform mitsuo that he's going to confess to the latter's childhood friend. banri and kouko's private space respected. banri and kouko voluntarily told everyone when they're found out. wouldn't it be better for them to wait and let mitsuo explain himself? like mature adults? well, they're all wrong. mitsuo was into something bigger mess. indeed, some things are better left unknown. curiosity killed the cat. and now they have bigger problems.

i also noticed the surprising change of attitude of kouko towards chinami. what could have caused this? after the yana and linda date, kouko suddenly acting all chummy to chinami? was she secretly relieved that mitsuo is no longer pursuing chinami, thus tagging chinami as 'safe'? or was kouko sympathetic to her? or looking for allies?
She no longer cares about Mitsuno.
tbH when she appeared in her 'totally inconspicuous disguise', I actually thought she would tell Chinami to come along in following Mitsuno and Linda around, rather than being nice to her.

Another thing we get from this episode that Chinami might have memory problems of her own, and thus be in a similar situation as banri, or does at least expect to get into one, as she was adressing the camera as 'my future self', so the reason for her 'Okacam' is preserving memories, rather than putting it on the internet or something else like I previously expected.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 14:57   Link #1851
Preciize
Them Feels~

This is a interesting development, with Linda and Mitsuo going out. Pretty easy to predict some of the things that are going to happen with the first two episodes of the second half of the series. It's going to be a heck of a rollercoaster ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Another thing we get from this episode that Chinami might have memory problems of her own, and thus be in a similar situation as banri, or does at least expect to get into one, as she was adressing the camera as 'my future self', so the reason for her 'Okacam' is preserving memories, rather than putting it on the internet or something else like I previously expected.
Never thought of it like that. Really interesting!
Old 2014-01-17, 16:53   Link #1852
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Heh, Air Yakisoba In all my years of anime, I've seen many a girl bad at cooking, but this series is one of the rare ones of a girl pretending to cook while pretty much tying up the guy so he won't discover it what's a guy like him doing with a mirror like that, though....nvm

Loved the part with Nana-chan, ah so cute, I want her to punch me too

A bit late to the party here, so I'll reserve my full episode discussions for the next ep, which should be in a few hours, right? But, in what I've read here so far, very much interesting posts here by everyone. I especially want to quote musuoka regarding something I've felt since the series started, that "I guess my problem with this is that I don't really get "the love of my LIFE" vibe from Linda and Banri."

I really don't see Linda and Banri together forever. This might come from my years of watching many childhood friends never ending up together because one or the other never spoke their true feelings until another competitor comes along, but I truly do not see these 2 being together. This is mostly because of Linda's back and forth in admitting her feelings before the accident, Banri finally giving her an ultimatum, and then after the accident, with her inability to speak her true heart causing confusion on an already conflicted person, I just really don't see how all of this could end up with them together. Of course the writers can slap me in the face at the end of this series by making them a couple purely on the basis of the entire broadcast run being their trial period of working out differences, but I just can't believe in a Linda X Banri pairing right now.

I don't mean to be a prick, but as someone who also lost their memory, it's too late for Linda. Don't dwell on the past, but make a future out of it instead.
I don't have a problem with Banri calling Linda the love of his life. Maybe they wouldn't have gotten together, maybe they wouldn't have stayed together if they had. But Banri "died". Ghost Banri's life is done, and he only ever had one love in it - Linda.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 22:45   Link #1853
HandofFate

wow, lots of content in episode 14.
First half felt like it was just a fool around episode, but then Yana & Linda?! EHHHH!!!???

Nice to see Oka and Koko finally being more friendly. I agree that Oka might have some kind of memory problems, maybe bad long term memory or something.

Also, is "Miss Ultrasonic" an accurate translation for the nickname Koko always gives her. I took a peek at her bio, and it says that Oka is a voice actress, but guess I totally missed that.

Glad to see 2D-kun again, he seems lonely, hope he finds someone to pair up with.
Old 2014-01-17, 23:31   Link #1854
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

The second half was really good and we get a chance to hear some girl talk.

I like how Chinami lampshades a scenario of Kouko's bikini slipping only for it to happen 2 minutes later.

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2014-01-18 at 11:08.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 23:57   Link #1855
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Also, is "Miss Ultrasonic" an accurate translation for the nickname Koko always gives her. I took a peek at her bio, and it says that Oka is a voice actress, but guess I totally missed that.
Er, I have no idea where you're getting that bio, but it's probably wrong.
*looks at wikipedia*
Oh shit, it's wikipedia, isn't it? Oh god, that's so horribly wrong. It looks like someone just google translated the Japanese wiki page and tried to make sense of it.

The Japanese wiki original is 声優が少女役で喋る様な幼い声をしている。
Translated it roughly means "She has a childish voice like that of a voice actress playing a young girl."
This in turn is a fancy rewrite of the description in the novels, which is basically "She has an anime voice."

Anyway, 超音波 (chou-onpa) is Kouko's nickname for Chinami, and the literal meaning is basically "sound waves beyond the human ear's capability", i.e. 20kHz and above frequencies. In other words, Kouko is implying that Chinami's voice is so squeaky that humans can't even hear her speak.

The English term for this usually "ultrasound", or "ultrasonic" applied as a descriptor. Whether you find it a fitting translation is mostly up to you.
Old 2014-01-18, 00:02   Link #1856
HandofFate

oh okay, that clears up stuff then. Curse you wikipedia, you struck again.
Old 2014-01-18, 00:36   Link #1857
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

I was not REALLY surprised to see both Yana and Linda "dating" (we don't know what their official status is, so far) because I spoiled myself *shrug*

However I did not expect it at THAT moment. It did come out of the left field.

As to episode 13 (I was away from the anime world for a week hence my lapse in this thread) I absolutely hated it. The series just went magical. GB lost all my sympathy.

Basically, Linda dating Yana now, Banri will be having a nice disaster in his head later on because of that. Kouko will be growing paranoid with whatever happens with Yana and Linda (Maybe she'll have a nice comeback to her feelings for Yana?)

All I know is that this series went from a nice 8 in my book to a 7, outdone by White Album 2.

EDIT: Regarding the theory of the "Golden Time" being used in medical terms... I do believe that up till episode 5-6 (Before Banri realized Linda was something in his past) I firmly believed that Kouko had been the girl driving the scooter. The author does a nice job at misleading us thinking that it was really Linda, but she insists that she was late.

I do believe that if Linda ran over Banri and tripped him over the bridge, she'd be mentally destroyed at the mere guilt of it. She wouldn't be using a flashlight to send him a message, she'd be breaking into the hospital to see him and ask for forgiveness.

I do remember as well that I made a few correlations with reactions Kouko made to the accident to the actual scenes before episode 6-7. This MIGHT make sense, but I really don't think that the series will take that direction.

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-18, 00:46   Link #1858
l.kostas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
This frame's just hilarious!
She was cosplaying Audrey Hepburn with that outfit
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-18, 00:48   Link #1859
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
...Also, is "Miss Ultrasonic" an accurate translation for the nickname Koko always gives her. I took a peek at her bio, and it says that Oka is a voice actress, but guess I totally missed that....
1. She just calls her 超音波 chou-onpa, "Ultrasonic," in this episode. Maybe elsewhere she adds something that can be translated "Miss," or maybe that's just a (good) translation decision by the translators.

2. The description of Oka's character in Japanese Wikipedia says that she is short and her seiyuu uses a little-girl kind of young voice. I haven't noticed anything in the show about the character being a seiyuu. I don't know what it says in the novel itself, or if it talks about her voice at all.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-18, 02:03   Link #1860
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoemiChan View Post
I realized two piece don't go well with Koko.
You're joking right?
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
college, comedy, drama, love triangle, romance, seinen