AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-01-24, 12:58   Link #41
noktown

I don't think he developed more gears,rather than a new "gear"-like mode that is combined with Gear 2nd,since he seems to spam it a lot lately.
Old 2014-01-24, 22:04   Link #42
Belise
Rokushiki User
*Artist

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
if luffy beats dofla doesn't that make him stronger than law?
I think Luffy is and always has been stronger than Law. As far as fighting is concerned anyway. He's still an idiot of course, so in situations where you have to use your brain he's helpless. If he ever gets in a fight that requires more cognitive ability than physical then he's screwed. Unlike Law who would excel. Which has me thinking Dofla is too much for him atm.

I really, REALLY doubt though that Luffy could take down dofla 1v1 though. Maybe he can significantly damage him, but outright defeat? Nope. I mean look at Law. As dangerous as he is, he literally only marred Doflas cheek in their fight(unless he planned defeat?). Also, seeing as how Luffy strained himself taking down CC and Chinjao, Dofla seems like a bit more than he can chew on his own.

Don't even mention Big Mom and the other Yonko. He needs to grow significantly before taking them on. Remember, he was only a kid two years ago. While Luffy has an absurd amount of strength and potential, he needs more time to grow/mature before reaching Roger's level and rivaling the yonko in power. That's just my take anyway. What do you think?
Old 2014-01-24, 23:06   Link #43
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
I find it absurd that Law thinks he can take down Kaidou with Luffy's help if Luffy can't even take down Doflamingo by himself.
Old 2014-01-25, 02:23   Link #44
Xacual

Haven't we already had that idea broken? Law admitted that all he was really after was destroying Doflamingo because of some kind of grudge.

Edit: I'm sure in the aftermath of this fight, however it goes, we know ultimately Luffy should come out the victor even if Doflamingo doesn't go down completely. Then we'll have Luffy asking Law what the next part of the plan is now for going after Kaidou. Law should have a funny reaction to that.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2014-01-25, 03:40   Link #45
danielevo

if see in every enemy in one piece, luffy always beat the evil boss, and that always one on one fight, so i think 90% that luffy will also beat doflamingo in one on one fight in this arc, although maybe he will try several times until KO doflamingo.. but the matter is not like luffy will defeat doflamingo or not, the matter is what will happen before luffy defeat doflamingo or what will happen after luffy will defeat doflamingo, doflaminggo is very famous for many big names in new world, so i worried what will happen to luffy crew after that
Old 2014-01-25, 07:31   Link #46
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belise View Post

I really, REALLY doubt though that Luffy could take down dofla 1v1 though. Maybe he can significantly damage him, but outright defeat? Nope. I mean look at Law. As dangerous as he is, he literally only marred Doflas cheek in their fight(unless he planned defeat?). Also, seeing as how Luffy strained himself taking down CC and Chinjao, Dofla seems like a bit more than he can chew on his own.
How did he strain himself taking down CC or Chinjao ?So he used the same old gears he used post time-skip combining with Haki ?And it all ended with him taking no damage/minor damage.

CC's ability that made Luffy faint is something that even the strongest in the world might have not expected,so he could faint even an admiral/yonkou if they didn't know about his ability.

Also I think you give Donfla too much credit,at this point it's already obvious that he's nowhere near Admiral level,he didn't even try opposing Kuzan and Fujitora handled his attack with ease which made him back off once again,just because he was introduced as a bad-ass in the Grand Line,doesn't make him one in the New World.

In addition,I wouldn't be surprised if everything goes according to Law's "master plan" where he's just checking out what Luffy's capable of,if he can take out Donfla then he's in(to take out Kaido),if he can't,then he isn't.
Old 2014-01-25, 08:36   Link #47
Belise
Rokushiki User
*Artist

^How did he not strain himself. I purposely left out his battle with Hogi since that was complicated(drugs+water element=unfair advantage). Against CC, it doesnt matter what method was used to k.o Luffy since it was born from his fruit. If luffy had a brain he wouldn't be so impulsive with dangerous enemies. He would study them a bit more before running in. A more experienced pirate can be audacious and boastful, but not seriously impulsive. Imho anyway.

No, Luffy put in reasonable effort to take out shiokuni CC, even if he wasnt massively bleeding as usual. And with Chinjao, he definitely exerted himself, even commenting (angrily) on how he was tired after that fight. So in both cases he did strain himself. Just look at it again.

I don't think I'm overestimating Dofla at all. It wasn't long ago that we were all on the edge of our seats when we saw him speeding over the ocean towards the strawhats and wondering how screwed they were. Dofla may not beadmiral level, but he's definitely more dangerous than Luffy. I think there will be a plot development that wil aid in his defeat. Or something. Not just raw strength this time.
P.S. that kick was not a serious blow. More like a "jab".

And yes it could all be a part of Traguy's masterplan. But his endeavor to take down Dofla seems personal after hearing his comments before their battle.
Old 2014-01-25, 08:39   Link #48
Belise
Rokushiki User
*Artist

Scuse me, *Hodi lol.
Old 2014-01-25, 09:36   Link #49
mrShady

Quote:
^How did he not strain himself. I purposely left out his battle with Hogi since that was complicated(drugs+water element=unfair advantage). Against CC, it doesnt matter what method was used to k.o Luffy since it was born from his fruit. If luffy had a brain he wouldn't be so impulsive with dangerous enemies. He would study them a bit more before running in. A more experienced pirate can be audacious and boastful, but not seriously impulsive. Imho anyway.

No, Luffy put in reasonable effort to take out shiokuni CC, even if he wasnt massively bleeding as usual. And with Chinjao, he definitely exerted himself, even commenting (angrily) on how he was tired after that fight. So in both cases he did strain himself. Just look at it again.

I don't think I'm overestimating Dofla at all. It wasn't long ago that we were all on the edge of our seats when we saw him speeding over the ocean towards the strawhats and wondering how screwed they were. Dofla may not beadmiral level, but he's definitely more dangerous than Luffy. I think there will be a plot development that wil aid in his defeat. Or something. Not just raw strength this time.

And yes it could all be a part of Traguy's masterplan. But his endeavor to take down Dofla seems personal after hearing his comments before their battle.
Luffy was a moron in his first fight with CC but when he actually tried Ceasar was no match. Don Chinjao took effort yes but he didn't take any damage so I wouldn't exactly call it taxing either. We'll see how it goes against Dofla, however with an admiral there I doubt we'll see the final boss fight just yet, they need backup to handle that.

Btw when Dofla flew towards Punk Hazard it looked like he was digging his own grave. You can't seriously think he can take on the entire SH crew, a vice-admiral and a Shichibukai all by himself right? He's lucky they didn't stick around.
Old 2014-01-25, 11:52   Link #50
Slayerx

Quote:
And with Chinjao, he definitely exerted himself, even commenting (angrily) on how he was tired after that fight. So in both cases he did strain himself. Just look at it again.
And i think you may be underestimating Chinjao. Rmember when he was in his rpime, he used to duke it out with Garp until he finally lost, and Garp himself is pretty much on the level of the admirals. Really you could make the claim that Chinjoa in his prime was once a rival to the admirals. Chinjao also has the second highest bounty we have seen in the series; and keep in mind, he quit the pirate life 30 years ago; had he continued it would have certainly been higher. His power may have waned to the point where he's no longer on the same level of an admiral and not even a shichibukai, but I think it would be wrong to underestimate him

Not to mention that while Chinjao was a tough fight for Luffy, it was NOT the kind of fight where Luffy needed a doctor to patch him up and a great deal of time to recover like how many of his other tough fights tend to end.

Last edited by Slayerx; 2014-01-25 at 22:11.
Old 2014-01-25, 12:40   Link #51
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Luffy's fights with CC and Chinjao should NOT be used to gauge his full potential. And, as already mentioned, Luffy has yet to fully exert himself (go all out, if you will). Doflamingo will fall in this arc; that much is certain. The only question is, how?
Old 2014-01-25, 14:07   Link #52
JonSnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Luffy's fights with CC and Chinjao should NOT be used to gauge his full potential. And, as already mentioned, Luffy has yet to fully exert himself (go all out, if you will). Doflamingo will fall in this arc; that much is certain. The only question is, how?
If I was to guess, it would be a battle of speed and haki.
Anyway, are we expecting a 2 against 1 in the palace?
I mean Fujitora vs. Zoro and Kin'emon, to stall for time, while Luffy handles Joker?
Old 2014-01-25, 17:03   Link #53
noktown

Quote:
Study an opponent that uses gases(invisible) to attack ?Also it's not about Luffy's strength,it's about the story,Oda can't have the main villain destroyed within the first moment of introduction.Take Fishmen Island,there was no one there that stood a chance against Luffy or his crew,yet so much pointless drama.

Quote:
Seriously ?He probably struggled against the random fodder in the arena more than against Chinjao,and he's an old school(fodder) pirate.

Quote:
He might be dangerous to mess with,being a shichibukai and all,but stronger than Luffy ?No proof of that yet.

They entered the new world,while I do understand that the Straw Hats might not be able to take down an Admiral/Yonko,I think we should expect them to start facing serious opponents,they can't fight CP9-like enemies forever.
Old 2014-01-25, 17:13   Link #54
DarkHollowIchigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
I find it absurd that Law thinks he can take down Kaidou with Luffy's help if Luffy can't even take down Doflamingo by himself.
Right now? No...

In the future? They have the potential to do so, don't forget they are still youngsters on a huge adventure, they have just entered the New World, still a long ....long road ahead, was Shanks as strong when he was on Gold D Roger's ship as he is now as a Yonko (after everything he has experienced and gained)...

In Potential Luffy is a Bigshot he has everything to become a great pirate.

About Luffy not using his head, this also has to do with age, the older luffy get's the experienced he get's the more he will use his brain.

Last edited by DarkHollowIchigo; 2014-01-27 at 09:54.
Old 2014-01-25, 18:34   Link #55
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post

I'm not necessarily agreeing OR disagreeing with you here, but personally I doubt it will ONLY be Luffy and Law's crews who will face Kaidou. Personally, I still feel they'll eventually team up with Kid's alliance and any other supernovas or powerful NW pirates who want a slice of that pie. That, and I still think there's a good chance that Kaidou and Big Mom will go to war against each other sometime down the line (thanks to BM's sudden interest in Caesar), which would critically weaken BOTH emperor's forces and give the allied pirates the best opportunity to strike at them.....

But putting that aside for now..... I gotta say that I'm even more pumped for the Reverie than ever before. I mean, I already had the impression that it would be a major event considering how often it was discussed in the mermaid island arc, but now that we even have a freaking marine admiral pointing how much impact it will have on the world..... man. I very highly doubt that Oda is going to gloss over such a major event at this point (though I don't really see him making an arc out of it, either). Considering that the Reverie takes place at Mariejois, I see no way any of the Straw-Hats will participate the event (too soon for them to go the holy land IMO), but at the very least we'll definitely have a familiar face there through Vivi (personally, I'm thinking that she'll take Cobra's place as the Alabastan representative, since the king seemed to be sick and bedridden when he was shown in a more recent cover ministory)......
Old 2014-01-25, 19:34   Link #56
noktown

Why does everyone want to see team ups and stuff ?I like 1 v 1's more,I would be disappointed if I had to see Luffy fighting vs Yonko or Admiral like 2+ against one.
Old 2014-01-25, 21:09   Link #57
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
Why does everyone want to see team ups and stuff ?I like 1 v 1's more,I would be disappointed if I had to see Luffy fighting vs Yonko or Admiral like 2+ against one.

I can only speak for myself here, but..... I don't really rely on personal preference when I make these theories (at least, most of the time, lol ). I'm more or less driven by what I think makes the most sense for the plot. OP follows a steadier, more (IMO) believable sense of progression compared to say...... a series where the MC gains a last-minute power boost whenever the plot demands it (Naruto, Fairy Tail, Toriko to a certain extent, etc.), or one where the MC is strong enough to stomp nearly EVERY powerful enemy he comes across with minimal effort (Hokuto no Ken, Onepunch Man, Noblesse, etc.). That being said, I just still don't see the current Luffy being on the level of an emperor or admiral JUST yet.

But even so, that doesn't mean he can't topple them..... it's just that he has the option to use tactics instead of brute strength. And thus, here's where the alliances come into play. I mean, look at Law's plan to cripple Kaidou's forces by halting the production of SAD and Smiles. That's a very clever and plausible way to take on an emperor instead of charging towards his ship head-on. And furthermore, there's the unexpected arrival of Big Mom's crew, which could be hugely beneficial to the alliances if they play their cards right (because again, this could cause a potential war between two emperors). Simply put, it's not like I'm against one-on-one fights, but I do have much appreciation for teamwork and tactics when they come into play.

Edit: And because I don't want to drop the Reverie discussion: I think what I'm looking forward to the most is the reveal of the king of Goa. I strongly doubt that Oda went through the trouble of hiding his face in Luffy's flashback without purpose.....

Last edited by marvelB; 2014-01-26 at 06:15.
Closed Thread