AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-01-29, 12:38   Link #11661
Gravitas Free Zone

I almost one-shot the E-25 in that game... it went to the top of the hill over the river and I put a BL-10 shot through it broadside, taking it to 2% because RNG wasn't being nice to me. It managed to remain annoying while we went through the Lowe and SflV (I was taking the SflV as a greater threat since the E-25 would have had to shoot me approximately three times to finish me off and I would have reacted on either Sixth Sense going off or the first hit, while the SflV could have had me in one), and it was the last thing to be killed, when it finally rushed my position and I hit it broadside again.

But yeah, the E-25 is fun to use. My two anecdotes with it include a Prokhorovka game where another E-25 and I ended up shooting the hell out of the west road (and the other E-25 actually ran out of ammo on the way to some crazy high damage figure) and an Abbey game where I ripped apart an enemy Tiger (this is after the ROF buff on the Tiger) and Church BP with DPM and peekaboo.

However, if you screw up with the E-25, high-alpha TDs will blow your face off (152mm HE will pretty much annihilate it), and crew/module damage from the back/sides is common. It relocates really, really well, which has saved quite a few lives. On the other hand, my win rate in the E-25 isn't so good because I have Hellcat Syndrome in it: It's fast enough that I tend to get just a bit too far out to be safe.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 16:51   Link #11662
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
T20 is garbage as well, awful mobility and the DPM is way too low for tier 7. There hasn't been a tier 7 medium tank which I consider worth keeping, same with the tier 8 mediums.
you have bad opinions about tanks

I respectfully submit the following two replays as exhibit A and B, respectively

(you don't need to watch the second one, it's on Komarin so it's boring as shit. getting 4k spotting damage isn't exactly exciting business)

Seriously though, both the T-43 and the T-20 are Really Good Tanks. The T-43 suffers a bit from low penetration but it's a medium so you're going to be flanking people all the time anyway. The T20 has sorta lowish DPM and isn't as agile, but it has really fucking high APCR pen, good depression and view range.

edit: by the way the A-44 is really good as well, it's just sorta hard to play
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read

Last edited by TheFluff; 2014-01-29 at 17:37.
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 18:15   Link #11663
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
Tier 8 mediums get a healthy power boost, in my opinion. It's not so bad as tier 7 where its T29/IS/IS-2/Tiger or bust. Pershing is an awesome tank and perhaps my favorite out of the "classic" tier 8 tanks.

Also the penetration creep is stupid. I remember back when the Panther (1 back then)'s 203 penetration at tier 8 was godlike for a medium and listed as one of its strongest points. Now people whine if a tier 8 medium tank doesn't have 200+ penetration and is "useless" because it can't effortlessly penetrate Ferdinands from the front /oldmanrant
I agree. The penetration creep is stupid. It really hurts the classic mediums that were "left behind" because they were made to utilize medium tank tactics as opposed to peekaboo frontal plates. Your best bet is to pray that your particular medium has exaggeratedly high penetration gold rounds or that it has a late release date, patch wise.

I do enjoy my Pershing and I got it well after the penetration creep happened. As much as I like to claim medium tanks are completely irrelevant now with all the extreme pen extreme alpha TDs rolling around, they are still playable. It is just really tiring to achieve a level where you're not a liability to the team.

The gut response to any medium tank whine is of course "learn to play", but at this point I think it's no longer a question of "how" but a question of "why". If I were the best player in the whole world I can obviously pwn in any tank. But I am not. At the same time, I still have some skills to utilize my medium tanks and have very good games from time to time. If I can easily and more reliably make contributions in newer OP tanks, why would I want to play the older classic mediums with more effort and possibly less payout, other than to make a point? After playing mediums back to back it inevitably leads to the cynicism of "if others don't have to put in the effort, why should I"?

I really try to love my mediums, but sometimes I just get tired.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 05:26   Link #11664
Pen3

Well i am enjoying the STB-1, but the Tier8 STA-1 is still my favorite out of the Jp tree.

A few decent games i had tonight.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

And i didn't get a chance to take a ss of the STB-1 Ace Tanker game, but i have the replay here.
The game from the second screenshot is here. This was a very exciting game watch how many times my platoon mate saved my ass from the back lol.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 05:44   Link #11665
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I wasn't that interested in the Japanese medium line until I found out about the STB-1's DPM and gun depression. I freaking love abusing depression.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 05:50   Link #11666
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
I wasn't that interested in the Japanese medium line until I found out about the STB-1's DPM and gun depression. I freaking love abusing depression.
I plat with sahin and get top xp with the stb almost everytime when we win. It is a nice tank, but I still love the sta still.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 13:38   Link #11667
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Ugh, I can free XP to the STB right now, but don't feel like it. I am almost to the end tier, so I have to work harder

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 16:28   Link #11668
Gravitas Free Zone

Ah, nothing like starting the day's grinding by playing arty first, dropping my performance numbers right off despite doing decent damage (at the minimum) in each game.

Also, it's hilarious to direct-fire an S-51 at close range and nearly explode yourself along with the target.
Old 2014-01-30, 18:06   Link #11669
Tak

Oi, anyone know when Tsundere Heavy Tank will be released from captivity?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2014-01-30, 18:13   Link #11670
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
captivity
Kuku... That's so dirty.

And I'm not sure.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 18:42   Link #11671
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
Kuku... That's so dirty.
Fine, how about released from the garage?

- Tak

Old 2014-01-30, 18:52   Link #11672
Gravitas Free Zone

Somebody get banned again?
Old 2014-01-30, 19:51   Link #11673
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Somebody get banned again?
Seems our most fearsome Deputy Commander has a tendency to be incarcerated quite frequently. I can't even begin to remember her offenses.

- Tak

Old 2014-01-30, 20:36   Link #11674
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

I`ve had enough for Asia server. Many bad teams T_T -.-"

I`m gonna move in NA now

[Downloading WOT NA]
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 21:27   Link #11675
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunblade23 View Post
I`ve had enough for Asia server. Many bad teams T_T -.-"

I`m gonna move in NA now
I've heard some horrible things about the SEA server.

Well then, welcome to NA! Now you can platoon with us. By the way, I sent you a clan invite to MUP. Strive for excellence!
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 23:51   Link #11676
Tak

Speaking of which, I might need to promote more officers.

Recommendations appreciated.

- Tak

Old 2014-01-30, 23:57   Link #11677
Gravitas Free Zone

Mountain Pass, my PzIII in a Tier 6 game. Went to tripwire scout the west road since my team (south) started by ganging up on the ice road and middle area.

Spot Easy Eight, back off.

See that I have a Churchill and KV-1 moving to back me up. Okay.

Churchill explodes in a ball of fire as the Easy Eight has brought a KV-1S along with it. Hmm.

I back off a bit more and the KV-1 trundles forward. Next thing we know it's the KV-1S, Easy Eight, a T40, and a StuG.

T40 blows off half of my HP and my gunner, I take off a bit of it in return before I pull back behind one of the little mounds in the path.

KV-1 is inexplicably not dead yet despite driving into the midst of everything, and has killed the T40. I say screw it, first aid kit the gunner, switch to APCR, and go charging in.

The KV-1S is rounding the mound that has the big rock on it in order to flank the KV-1, which is mixing it up with the E8. I shoot it seven times in the engine and back of the turret and it... explodes. (AAR showed no crits on it, it's possible that our arty put in a shot.)

I'm aiming at the critically-damaged Easy Eight when the KV-1 destroys it.

The StuG starts traversing on me, but I manage to close the distance in time, combining an engine hit and a driver hit before destroying it.

Area is clear... now with a chance to look around I see that our team has actually managed to clear the ice road and has a comfortable lead.

I get killed scouting the enemy base because there's no good way to evade their remaining Hellcat except to attack it.

Team wins in the end. I get to say "I'm so glad I said 'screw it' and charged the KV-1S." The KV-1 that was with me actually survived the battle with a Steel Wall.
Old 2014-01-31, 00:02   Link #11678
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
I've heard some horrible things about the SEA server.

Well then, welcome to NA! Now you can platoon with us. By the way, I sent you a clan invite to MUP. Strive for excellence!
Thanks With all the experience I have in SEA, I will strive to become a good player
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-31, 02:35   Link #11679
LeoXiao
思想工作

Just had a game where all four of the enemy's Hellcats went 2 line on Prokhorovka. I met them in my Type 58 and over the course of the game spotted and got all of them killed by supporting fire. replay.

Quote:
I`m gonna move in NA now
Aw, now you have to grind all your tanks again. We can platoon if we see each other.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-31, 07:50   Link #11680
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Speaking of which, I might need to promote more officers.

Recommendations appreciated.

- Tak
I recommend me. My qualifications include:

Constantly online (and AFK).

Promoting diversity. Just look at my sig, 4 different colors represented.

81% winrate in the PzB2. That's like, Super Unicum status yo.

Very intelligent with money. I only have like 10 premium tanks I never play and half a year of premium time I don't want.

<- My avatar is pretty and suggests I may actually be a hot girl irl.

So, as you can see, I am clearly the most qualified. Vote RWBladewing 2014.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks