Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-01-29, 15:40   Link #21
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
How strong does everyone think Pica and Trebol are? Who do you think will take Trebol out?
the main fight is supposed to be luffy/zoro vs dofla/fuji
pica will not be that strong
Old 2014-01-29, 15:47   Link #22
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Wasn't one of the ministers from Wapol called "Trebol" as well?
Old 2014-01-29, 15:59   Link #23
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
How strong does everyone think Pica and Trebol are? Who do you think will take Trebol out?
My money is on Sanji taking out Trebol. Pica should be comparable to Trebol, so I can see Zoro dealing with him.
Old 2014-01-29, 16:09   Link #24
Slayerx

Quote:
At the moment, Ussop and Robin are the ones set to fight him, since they are planning on taking out Sugar... Franky is also possible since he's trying to work his way down to the factory; but he's really got his hands full.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
it has to be Kinemon n Violet that will fight Pica because we need zoro to fight fujitora while luffy takes out dofla
Except that Kinemon does not seem to be there at the moment...
Could be that Luffy and Zoro will double team Pica to take him out relatively quickly

Quote:
imo, something will happen and in the end fujitora will let the straw hats go because he sees how they really are... kinda like smoker
I might think he will oppose the strawhats until Sugar get's taken out and the toys are transformed back... That will unleash a wave of chaos that will be centered on anger for Doflamingo. At that point, Fujitora may logically conclude that the best way to end the chaos and keep the people safe is to eliminate Doflamingo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Nice chapter. I like Diamante's ability; it has the potential to be very versatile. He's going to be quite the troublesome opponent. Honestly, the weak links in the tournament finals are Bartolomeo and Rebecca. They're going to have to collaborate if they want to have a chance at getting the fruit. But I'm hoping that Burgess teaches Bartolomeo a lesson (good way to hype him up). I can just imagine Bartolomeo flaunting his barrier ability as a perfect defense and completely relying on it, only for Burgess to break right through it with just brute strength and destroy him from there. Someone's gotta be the sacrificial lamb, and it might as well be Bartolomeo. He'll go down first.
Heh. Interesting thing about the set up though is that they created a situation where the one to claim the devil fruit may not actually be the winner. The winner is the one last standing in the end, but aside from Bartolomeo, the competitor's could grab the devil fruit and take a bite out of it and claim the prize before the end... though my money would be on Sabo, naturally

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
You might be thinking of Chess

Quote:
My money is on Sanji taking out Trebol. Pica should be comparable to Trebol, so I can see Zoro dealing with him.
I really don't think Sanji is coming back. He and the other strawhats left to keep ceasar and monosuke out of Doflamingo's hands, and were being chased down by Big Mom.
Old 2014-01-29, 16:14   Link #25
Rainbowman

Quote:
Wasn't Sanji fighting against the Big Mom pirates while taking Ceaser out of Dressrosa?
Old 2014-01-29, 16:17   Link #26
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
I really don't think Sanji is coming back. He and the other strawhats left to keep ceasar and monosuke out of Doflamingo's hands, and were being chased down by Big Mom.
I considered this, but it was their intention to head back to Dressrosa. Perhaps if they can somehow circumvent Big Mom's ship, they can head back and lend a hand. Otherwise, like you said, it may have to be a collaborative effort (Ussop and Robin, for instance) to take out Trebol.
Old 2014-01-29, 16:21   Link #27
marvelB

Wow, Lao G's intro was certainly.... interesting. I had actually kinda figured it when I saw him wearing that spandex suit in the flashback, but it really seems like he's some sort of goofy superhero parody! But interestingly, it looks like Thunder Soldier isn't out of the game just yet, so perhaps he'll be the one to take down the officer after all.....

As far as Diamante goes, I've definitely gotta say he's got quite the versatile power (and as I said previously, his bullfighter theme is very fitting for this arc). So far he's only turned inanimate objects into "flags", but I wonder if he can do the same to people, as well? That would make it a good companion to Tsuru's laundry fruit, as mentioned before. And as interested as I am in seeing Burgess in action, some small part of me can't help but feel that he'll end up getting disqualified without the chance to do much (like he gets caught off-guard and gets blasted out of the arena by one of the other fighters before he pulls off anything grand). However, that's just me.....

Lastly, I'm very much interested in Pica now. He definitely looks like a force to be reckoned with, especially considering he seems to be some sort of rock/stone logia. I think that Zoro's going to take him on solo so Luffy can go ahead to take on Dofla. As far as Kinemon goes, I'm also guessing that he went to find Kanjurou. And as far as any potential encounters with Fujitora goes, I'll leave that up to Oda, though I still see no way for an admiral to go down this early in the New World....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post

Um.... no? If you're talking about those two vassals of his, the clown guy's name was Chess and the dude with the afro was Kuromarimo. No Trebols to be found there....
Old 2014-01-29, 16:28   Link #28
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And as interested as I am in seeing Burgess in action, some small part of me can't help but feel that he'll end up getting disqualified without the chance to do much (like he gets caught off-guard and gets blasted out of the arena by one of the other fighters before he pulls off anything grand). However, that's just me.....
I don't see Burgess legitimately winning this tournament, but I don't see him outright losing either. That being said, a disqualification of some sort is very plausible. Sabo is most likely going to be a big annoyance to him, and that frustration will lead to him not caring about winning anymore.
Old 2014-01-29, 17:17   Link #29
Slayerx

Quote:
I considered this, but it was their intention to head back to Dressrosa. Perhaps if they can somehow circumvent Big Mom's ship, they can head back and lend a hand. Otherwise, like you said, it may have to be a collaborative effort (Ussop and Robin, for instance) to take out Trebol.
It seemed like they dropped those intentions. While Big Mom gave them an intial reason to avoid dressrosa, Nami also pointed out how they shouldn't go back to dressrosa anyway. As nami pointed out, the one thing they had to make a top priority was keeping Ceasar and Momonosuke out of Doflamingo's hands, and it was for that reason they chose not to return to Dressrosa. Even if they escape from Big Mom, that wouldn't change. Sanji and the others are planning to escape to Zou and wait for Luffy and the others... seems like Sanji and the others are setting up the next arc

Though it does make me wonder where things will go next... Could be that while Doflamingo might loose control of Dressrosa in this arc, it could be that he will manage to escape. Thus he and his crew continue to be a threat working their way into the next arc. Hard to say. Afterall we still haven't learned what his interest in Momonosuke was.

Quote:
Lastly, I'm very much interested in Pica now. He definitely looks like a force to be reckoned with, especially considering he seems to be some sort of rock/stone logia. I think that Zoro's going to take him on solo so Luffy can go ahead to take on Dofla. As far as Kinemon goes, I'm also guessing that he went to find Kanjurou. And as far as any potential encounters with Fujitora goes, I'll leave that up to Oda, though I still see no way for an admiral to go down this early in the New World....
Not really sure its a rock/stone Logia, cause it looks like he merged with the wall itself. Could be that he has the ability to merge with objects and take on their properties

Last edited by Slayerx; 2014-01-29 at 17:31.
Old 2014-01-29, 20:20   Link #30
marvelB

Quote:
I don't see Burgess legitimately winning this tournament, but I don't see him outright losing either. That being said, a disqualification of some sort is very plausible. Sabo is most likely going to be a big annoyance to him, and that frustration will lead to him not caring about winning anymore.

Believe it or not, I actually think that the impetus for Burgess' disqualification could potentially be Rebecca, rather than Sabo. While many may chide her for being physically weak, she managed to survive in the arena so far for a darned good reason. Plus, as powerful as Burgess may be, he doesn't exactly strike me as being the quickest or most agile.... which could turn out to be a major advantage for our gladiator friend. All she'd have to do is lead him around as she dances around the arena until she "accidentally" knocks him out of the ring. I doubt she'd have TOO much trouble dodging Burgess' attacks either..... after all, let's not forget that she was the only one in the D block who was capable of dodging Cavendish when he was in "Hakuba" mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Not really sure its a rock/stone Logia, cause it looks like he merged with the wall itself. Could be that he has the ability to merge with objects and take on their properties

*shrug* It seemed like his body was morphed to me. And a general characteristic of logias is that their bodies morph into whatever "element" their power is. But I suppose we'll know for sure by next chapter.....
Old 2014-01-29, 23:44   Link #31
JonSnow

Once Diamante touches the floor, it will be hard for the fighters to keep their balance. Heck Bartolomeo's df has the best protection against Diamante's power.

Also, Luffy and Zoro might do a combo attack on Pica, to get him out of the way, as quick as possible.
I can't wait for Violet's shocked expression, when she see's her so called powerful guy like Pica gets demolished.
Old 2014-01-30, 00:02   Link #32
marvelB

^Yeah, I'm reeeeeeaally not seeing ANY of Dofla's top officers getting stomped so quickly, let alone Pica. Frankly, I see no reason why a Shichibukai's crew would go down as easily as the crazy roid-raged sharkmen or evil mad scientist of the last couple of arcs.....
Old 2014-01-30, 00:30   Link #33
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 736
I am glad the final match has started. Diamante use of power is very similar to Bartolomeo. You know i just realized I don’t think Luffy would have had problem getting the fruit from the fish. He could just punched a whole in the bottom of the pool with his 3rd gear elephant gun move. Personally I was kinda of hoping to see if Sabo was going to use the possum trick with Luffy’s devil fruit weakness. But now that Luffy’s revealed his position I don’t know if we will get to see that. Between Pica and Diamante, I wonder who is the unluckiest one? Both of there position were based on the fact that Luffy was supposed to be at the coliseum. Pica has to face off with Luffy and Zoro, while Diamante has to face off with Sabo who is unknown element. I wonder who will reinforce Pica? Right now Daflamingo and Admiral Fujitori are the only ones who could face off with Luffy and Zoro. I can’t imagine any other people under Pica’s division being effective at all.

Another Dragon?
Sabo is starting to resemble Dragon with every chapter that passes. In this chapter he has a large scar on his left eye like him. The few words he had with Rebecca in chapter 735 reminded me of the stuff Dragon said to Sabo when he was a kid in Gao Kingdom at the end of chapter 586. Finally you have his aggressive behavior(shoving Bartolomeo out of the way) in chapter 731. Kinda creepy to see that in Sabo when you only have a child memories to go off of.

Replacement (Update)
White Beard tried to make Ace Pirate King, Shanks and Rayleigh(both Rogers Crew) is pushing Luffy to be Pirate Kings, so does that mean Sabo is destined to take Dragon’s place has a successor of the Revolutionary once he goes?

New Strategy? (Update)
Now that Doflamingo is aware that Luffy is no longer at the coliseum does he intend to keep the match going? The whole point of the match was to keep Luffy occupied and capture him. Second how will he approach the unknown who has replaced Luffy? He only knows one thing, the replacement is Luffy’s alley. How will Diamante approach this once he knows this is not Luffy? Will he fight conservative? I say go after Rebecca and Bartolomeo (keep them both occupied), let Burgess fight with what he thinks is Luffy and observe them both fight. He got to observe Luffy fight so he knows what to expect but he does not know what the mystery character(Sabo) can do.

Doflamingo’s ending? (Update)
You know if things had gone according to Doflamingo’s plan I think I got a pretty good idea how Diamante would have taken Luffy down. Doflamingo get done taking care of Law and checks the status of the other Straw Hats, factory, and the marines. He then goes into the colosseum quietly to observe the fight. If things go sour for Diamante, go to plan B. Doflamingo uses Parasite move (which comes from the Ito Ito no Mi) take control of each player that Diamante is fighting and you suppress them with your devil fruit allowing your executive to win. Once you get down to Luffy you do the same but this time you let it play out a little. Next step reveal Lucy’s true Identity, third you pull a King Rikku and have him attack the crowd, finally you have Diamante step in has the hero saving the crowd from Luffy by knocking him into the water and the rest is history. I personally don’t think Diamante or any of the other top two executives are strong enough to take on Luffy or Zoro. I think that is what Doflamingo had planned for Luffy from the beginning at the coliseum.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2014-01-30 at 14:04. Reason: Update
Old 2014-01-30, 08:48   Link #34
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I think Pica's size is much more interesting, than his power.
Is he a giant?
Actually the strange thing about his size is that he appears much larger now than he did in the flashbacks. In the flashbacks he was shorter than Diamante
Old 2014-01-30, 14:03   Link #35
noktown

Quote:
^Yeah, I'm reeeeeeaally not seeing ANY of Dofla's top officers getting stomped so quickly, let alone Pica. Frankly, I see no reason why a Shichibukai's crew would go down as easily as the crazy roid-raged sharkmen or evil mad scientist of the last couple of arcs.....
To be honest I actually feel like this arc is just to separate Straw-hats from the rookies I guess,while it doesn't mean that they are too strong,but they're at least switching to mid-tier pirates,and technically it means they're already Pirates for 3 years almost.

So I'm guessing that this arc will not be too difficult for the Straw-hats.

The previous arcs were major fodder arcs with ridiculous stuff getting in the way of their full potential.
Old 2014-01-30, 19:13   Link #36
shalala

I kinda hope that Leo G is a Zoan user.
Old 2014-01-30, 21:34   Link #37
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Alright, set ups for fights here. I'd kind of like to see Luffy / Zoro V.S Pica than have solo fights for the later. It's been since Water 7 arc that they've teamed up like that

Than could have Luffy V.S Dof and Zoro V.S Fuji for final fights of this arc.

One things for sure though, Zoro's getting an bounty upgrade

I don't think the Government will catch Team B fighting Big Mom's crew sadly, just Team A fight, so can you imagine? Luffy / Zoro / Robin / Usopp all getting upgrades? Poor Sanji, will do all that hard work against Big Mom's crew and get jack for it, his luck these days sounds about right

I wonder how much stronger Sabo will be? I hope he and Luffy are on even terms or maybe Luffy stronger as irony for what happened when they were little

Man, waiting for new chapters is awful!

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Old 2014-01-31, 00:13   Link #38
danielevo

We really can't just speculated who will fight who yet in this arc, because there are too many strong enemy in this arc.. we still can't , its too soon..
Old 2014-01-31, 02:05   Link #39
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:

As far as Diamante goes, I've definitely gotta say he's got quite the versatile power (and as I said previously, his bullfighter theme is very fitting for this arc). So far he's only turned inanimate objects into "flags", but I wonder if he can do the same to people, as well? That would make it a good companion to Tsuru's laundry fruit, as mentioned before. And as interested as I am in seeing Burgess in action, some small part of me can't help but feel that he'll end up getting disqualified without the chance to do much (like he gets caught off-guard and gets blasted out of the arena by one of the other fighters before he pulls off anything grand). However, that's just me.....
This isn't too far fetched of a theory, assuming the devil fruit is actually in the box attached to the fighting fish, all Burgess, or anyone for that matter has to do is get that box... Easier said than done, but as long as Burgess hasn't eaten a Devil Fruit yet, I'm guessing he could easily deal with that fish while everyone else is duking it out.
Old 2014-01-31, 02:37   Link #40
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post

One things for sure though, Zoro's getting an bounty upgrade
If Luffy defeats Flamingo then the whole crew will get an upgrade as usual.

Otherwise,I don't see a serious Zoro vs Fujitora battle,maybe a clash,but not a battle,at least not in this Arc.

When/If Luffy defeats Flamingo,this will be big news,I expect a major bounty upgrade,the big "guns" will probably hear about it,Shanks included.
Closed Thread