AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2014-02-11, 23:54   Link #1161
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
So on a lark I decided to try for a placement in the top 500 of my server this month. Little than five days later, I'm at around rank 640 and barely 13 points away from the scores that the guys at 501-510 have. Have to see if I can close the gap further.

Have to say though, one has to do ridiculous amounts of boss-killing to even hope to get a placement. I think on this run, I've had to earn something like 30k-40k Admiral experience per evening to get where I am, and I can't imagine the insanity the top placers are doing to get scores in the 500s or more. Must be NEETs to even do that.
Old 2014-02-12, 19:18   Link #1162
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Update, right now at the 601-610 rank on my server, but gosh, I must have 14520 or so Admiral experience (not easy!) last night, and I'm STILL ten points away from the 501-510 place, and a few more from getting into the first 500.

The people in there must be monsters, seriously. To even get that many points, I had to hit a certain map for 3-4 hours straight (take note it only took that long due to compass shenanigans), and even then it was barely enough to move up the ranks.
Old 2014-02-12, 19:48   Link #1163
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

People plainly pile up resources a month prior their target attempt anyway. So it is just a matter of having enough resources and buckets to do like 20+ 5-2 per day.
Old 2014-02-13, 11:57   Link #1164
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

For someone at my rank and level, I'm amazingly resource-poor. Oh well, I think that'll change now that I'm going to stop even basic LSC for a while to stockpile stuff for the Midway event. Not exactly KuuTenko levels of Scrooge stockpiling, but I want to get beyond the 50k mark.
Old 2014-02-14, 04:01   Link #1165
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Wedding system now active! You can get the ring and the invitation by finishing a string of quests, and after those are done, all you need to do is find a level 99 bride to be, and ta-dah...

You get pretty sakura blossoms falling when you set your wife-ship as the flagship too. Pretty...

Oh, and apparently Kadokawa believes in polygamous marriages, because the marriage item? YOU CAN BUY IT AT THE CASH SHOP.
Old 2014-02-14, 04:40   Link #1166
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

I just received chocolate, what does it doe exactly?

And congrats to those teitokus who just got hitched. It's still a long way to go for me.
Old 2014-02-14, 04:55   Link #1167
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiu_fan View Post
I just received chocolate, what does it doe exactly?
Free resources.
It gives you 700 fuel, ammo, steel and 1500 bauxite.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 05:03   Link #1168
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
Free resources.
I see, thanks.

Does the marriage quest become available when a ship reaches lvl99?
Old 2014-02-14, 05:17   Link #1169
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I don't think i'm gonna marry anyone girl just yet, unless i can shell out cash for extra marriage license...

...but dared i say that the marriage license is kinda a .... pay-to-win item? Higher level gives that extra hp and luck, and higher dodge rate + other stats. While lower fuel consumption will give players with fleet full of waifu huge advantage when it comes to construction and future events. It will be like an increase of 15% in rare ship construction if i can save 15% of my resources

If the same scale was hold, and you can't buy extra marriage license for your kanmusu, it will be like using a lvl 49 fleets to fight against those in lvl 99. Or using lvl <49 ships to play in an event designing for ships with lvl 99 cap

They should keep marriage restrict to just one girl. But then they will need a system to divorce a wife and throw her back to lvl 99, which gonna be a huge problem for game design. Maybe just do not put them into cash shops? Just reward it along quests and events?

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2014-02-14 at 05:31.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 06:19   Link #1170
matteas
Member Member

I'm still far from being able to marry anyone - my highest level kanmusu is Lv64 Kongou - but I'm glad that Kadokawa are supporters of polygamy system. If I had to choose only one, I would marry Kongou, but then I'd have to appoint Isuzu my First Mistress.
One additional wife costs 700 yen, so we are likely to see big families. There are also the gameplay benefits, so people will be even more motivated, but I think most would go for multiple wives regardless of that.

By the way, has anyone experienced any API refreshing so far?
matteas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 07:00   Link #1171
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

I can how marrying any of the kiddies/DDs will lead to bad pedophile jokes however... See below:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-02-14, 07:39   Link #1172
GarethXL

no idea, been on hiatus till the api refreashing actually gone away.

useing vpn is fine and all but when the speed and disconnection is as frequent as i get, it's just not worth playing a grind fest with no goal or community
Old 2014-02-14, 07:55   Link #1173
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
...but dared i say that the marriage license is kinda a .... pay-to-win item? Higher level gives that extra hp and luck, and higher dodge rate + other stats. While lower fuel consumption will give players with fleet full of waifu huge advantage when it comes to construction and future events. It will be like an increase of 15% in rare ship construction if i can save 15% of my resources

If the same scale was hold, and you can't buy extra marriage license for your kanmusu, it will be like using a lvl 49 fleets to fight against those in lvl 99. Or using lvl <49 ships to play in an event designing for ships with lvl 99 cap
-If- events really require lvl150 ships to deal through them, that "may" be true.
But thus far, there is no evidence of that, and we can't be sure of the evasion stats gain and other non visible stats. So no, I don't find your analogy lvl49-99 any pertinent for the time being.

The visible stats gain isn't anything mindblowing, nor does it require an incredible amount of cash either. Even with the resources saving feature, at best you can make an extra sortie after 7 of them. Having a "free" minimum LSC after 80-100 sorties is hardly something significant.

At the very least, this paid item require a huge time and effort investment from the players and doesn't give an immense advantage. And we learned firsthand with the fall event that even with lvl99 ships, you could get pummeled while other people could cruise it through with lvl 70. And they did announce they will introduce more mechanics for events, so it will be hardly a "gear check" like they did during august events. In any case, I doubt there will be an event relying on heavy stats requirements.
So really, for an extra feature that doesn't cripple those who don't buy it, I find it a good alternative for cash for them. They could make something worse like complete sinking immunity and the likes.

You are blowing it out of proportions as far as it goes.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2014-02-14 at 08:18.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 08:45   Link #1174
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarethXL View Post
no idea, been on hiatus till the api refreashing actually gone away.

There hasn't been an API reset issue for a while, even in the wake of the Valentines day update. My API is the same one I've used since January 29.
Old 2014-02-14, 10:43   Link #1175
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
Free resources.
I got glitched. Somehow the chocolate screen coincided with multiple expedition returns. I ended up getting nothing.

Valentine's day doesn't even give me a break in virtual pixel world ;_;
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 10:50   Link #1176
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
I got glitched. Somehow the chocolate screen coincided with the expedition returns. I ended up getting nothing.

Reload then check your item list. It SHOULD be two rows above any Repair Goddess you might have.
Old 2014-02-14, 11:22   Link #1177
Jackster

Quote:
I got glitched. Somehow the chocolate screen coincided with multiple expedition returns. I ended up getting nothing.

Same here. I already tried all possible ways to access the game in case its a bug that KCV caused but nothing. ;_;
Jackster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 11:40   Link #1178
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega-kun View Post
Same here. I already tried all possible ways to access the game in case its a bug that KCV caused but nothing. ;_;
I didn't even use KCV. Just used a flash player. And it's not in my item list.

EDIT: Nevermind. It's there now. Check again maybe you'll get yours too.

Last edited by Achiuakuna; 2014-02-14 at 11:52.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 12:19   Link #1179
Jackster

Quote:
I didn't even use KCV. Just used a flash player. And it's not in my item list.

EDIT: Nevermind. It's there now. Check again maybe you'll get yours too.
Ok, just checked again using Chrome, KCV and Flash Player. Using Chrome it was in the Inventory, but with the other two it just won't appear. Strange.., well at least it didn't vanish.
Jackster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 12:58   Link #1180
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
-If- events really require lvl150 ships to deal through them, that "may" be true.
But thus far, there is no evidence of that, and we can't be sure of the evasion stats gain and other non visible stats. So no, I don't find your analogy lvl49-99 any pertinent for the time being.

The visible stats gain isn't anything mindblowing, nor does it require an incredible amount of cash either. Even with the resources saving feature, at best you can make an extra sortie after 7 of them. Having a "free" minimum LSC after 80-100 sorties is hardly something significant.

At the very least, this paid item require a huge time and effort investment from the players and doesn't give an immense advantage. And we learned firsthand with the fall event that even with lvl99 ships, you could get pummeled while other people could cruise it through with lvl 70. And they did announce they will introduce more mechanics for events, so it will be hardly a "gear check" like they did during august events. In any case, I doubt there will be an event relying on heavy stats requirements.
So really, for an extra feature that doesn't cripple those who don't buy it, I find it a good alternative for cash for them. They could make something worse like complete sinking immunity and the likes.

You are blowing it out of proportions as far as it goes.
On the resource efficiency, the LSC probably won't show it, but if you think on event, it will save you 15% of resources used. Means you can make 17.6% more trips with the same starting resources and basically increase your chance of success by 17.6%. That is a fairly significant amount for just one game mechanism. Of course there will be some guys who can cruise past the event with lvl 70 fleet. But he have lower chance to do so comparing to a guy with lvl 99, or soon 150 fleets. That is certain, unless evasion mechanisms are broken

On the stats, we can wait to see when a ship hit lvl 150, how many evasion and other stats it will increase (comparing to lvl 99). But i don't think it's an outrage assumption to think the increase rate is similar to lvl 50-99. In fact, if they were selling a one-per-ship potion that permanently increase evasion (+hp and luck) on cash shop. Everyone would have been up in protest. But disguise it into a marriage system that raise ship lvl cap (and stats caps) instead, and much fewer will question it

Of course it's just an isolate incident, but it's a power creeping development. Nothing really serious now, but i can't quite sure about the future, assuming that in a year or less, there will be a new cash shop mechanisms to release the level cap/ stat cap again. Then we will see more difficult events to make it still challenging for those with lvl 150 fleets, and what being learnt from other MMORPG or web game is: power creeping will pose lots of balancing issues for game designers, and if leave unchecked will break the game.

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls