AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-02-04, 03:40   Link #161
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
that's true which is why I ask because I thought I miss something but it looks like I haven't.

I wish Kamachi will release more info on some characters like their spells, habits, character traits or esper abilities. Or more personal info's.

Its hard to think of creating a story with lack of information and I don't want to turn my character into ooc of their canon version.
We'll know when they have their birthdays eventually... I doubt Accel knows his birthday for some reason (he reminds me of Maria...) Touma's birthday probably hasn't happened yet, but Kamachi will probably make it special Though it probably happened in NT 9 billions of times... we just don't when it was

As far as the others, we might find out eventually. Kamachi probably knows when they are though he may not; either way, I'm sure that it doesn't matter that much yet.

Index's birthday... she doesn't know when it is, but probably Styl would do something for her during it... Since Touma's already an old man I'm not sure if his birthday matters
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 00:43   Link #162
human013

At the end of the Hawaii Invasion Arc, the 27 Cooperative Institutions separated from Academy City because Touma and others were there. It seems that the Institutions left because Academy City involved itself with another country and the Institutions didn't like it. That was all I got from reading it. Am I missing anything else, because I still don't really understand why they separated.

Also "We may work for Academy City, but we are not its slaves". I don't get why the Institutions said that and I don't remember what the Institutions have done.
human013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 01:38   Link #163
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

^
The institutions themselves haven't really done anything till then and are only mentioned now as a small but new plot point. Essentially, while they are cooperating with Academy City (AC) and are given some technology as part of their cooperation, they do not like the fact that, AC has a monopoly over the latest advances in science and technology as they view AC as a dangerous organisation. This is actually well justified when you look back at the God's Right Seat Arc: Avignon, WW3. Too much power gathered in one place.

Just like Kamijou's actions were used as a pretense for God's Right Seat to attack AC, the Hawaiin Operation is used as a pretense for the Institutions to separate. But that action itself is due to Birdway baiting them into doing so. NT4 will deal with all of the issues surrounding this.
Old 2014-02-05, 01:42   Link #164
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by human013 View Post
At the end of the Hawaii Invasion Arc, the 27 Cooperative Institutions separated from Academy City because Touma and others were there. It seems that the Institutions left because Academy City involved itself with another country and the Institutions didn't like it. That was all I got from reading it. Am I missing anything else, because I still don't really understand why they separated.

Also "We may work for Academy City, but we are not its slaves". I don't get why the Institutions said that and I don't remember what the Institutions have done.

Spoiler for exact quote:

It's the same as whenever the US announced that they don't have any troops in so and so country's conflict, because that would imply they're pursuing their own interest in other people's backyard.

As for what the Institutions do... They're pretty much Academy City's 'partners' in the outside world, I would imagine stuff like distributing their technology or other research facilities.

...Like the ones the Misaka Sisters were sent to.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-12, 04:00   Link #165
human013

Ok so in New Testament 5 when Mugino rebuilt Cendrillon, she said, “Thanks to being turned into a human table by Marian Slingeneyer and returned to human by a man named Ollerus, I am now able to reconstruct myself.” Was there an arc I missed that explained what happened in detail? I'm confused since Ollerus already turned her into a human, why did she need to then reconstruct herself?

Also correct me if I'm wrong but this is how I see how the whole thing went. Ollerus finds Cendrillon, turns her into the "ingredients", mails it to Mugino, Mugino cooks it, and then Cendrillon appears. Any other important details I missed?
Old 2014-02-12, 04:19   Link #166
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Ok so in New Testament 5 when Mugino rebuilt Cendrillon, she said, “Thanks to being turned into a human table by Marian Slingeneyer and returned to human by a man named Ollerus, I am now able to reconstruct myself.” Was there an arc I missed that explained what happened in detail? I'm confused since Ollerus already turned her into a human, why did she need to then reconstruct herself?

Also correct me if I'm wrong but this is how I see how the whole thing went. Ollerus finds Cendrillon, turns her into the "ingredients", mails it to Mugino, Mugino cooks it, and then Cendrillon appears. Any other important details I missed?
From NT4:

Quote:
“Then I will not refrain from overworking you. First up is the analysis and re-servicing of the people Marian Slingeneyer left behind. A portion of the soldiers she used as well as Cendrillon who was turned into a table can be turned back into their normal forms with your right hand and our intellect.”
It's common assumption that Cendrillon turned herself into spare parts and mailed herself to Mugino. How it's done is anybody's guess.
Old 2014-02-14, 21:16   Link #167
human013

I guess I'm going to have questions after every novel and I hope it's not becoming a bother. I just want to understand as much as I can before going on to the next volume.

So, in New Testament 6 Fräulein is wanted by Othinus because she can survive through many conditions and she is also not tainted with magic or science, but by the end Othinus didn't want her anymore. I don't know why. Did she get tainted by science because of the brain (It was modeled after Last Order's brain?) she ate?

Did the beetle with Last Order disappear after Kakine was defeated. For some reason I imagine the beetle was there when Last Order stopped Accelerator.

And finally the whole conversation with Accelerator and the Will of the Misaka Network. To put it in simple terms what it told Accelerator was to not return to the dark side only so he could find out the purpose of the clones creation. I don't understand everything that was said so can some one put it into a more simple/direct terms.
Old 2014-02-15, 09:46   Link #168
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
So, in New Testament 6 Fräulein is wanted by Othinus because she can survive through many conditions and she is also not tainted with magic or science, but by the end Othinus didn't want her anymore. I don't know why. Did she get tainted by science because of the brain (It was modeled after Last Order's brain?) she ate?
The short answer is yes, if I were to be more specific she 'evolved' to lose that function/attribute after consuming the data from the fake brain.

Quote:
Did the beetle with Last Order disappear after Kakine was defeated. For some reason I imagine the beetle was there when Last Order stopped Accelerator.
Your answer would be in the next volume.

Quote:
And finally the whole conversation with Accelerator and the Will of the Misaka Network. To put it in simple terms what it told Accelerator was to not return to the dark side only so he could find out the purpose of the clones creation. I don't understand everything that was said so can some one put it into a more simple/direct terms.
She's telling Accelerator not to be an idiot by throwing away his comfortable life to go back to the path of violence and bloodshed just because it's the easiest thing to do after feeling guilty.
Old 2014-02-21, 01:58   Link #169
human013

Back with another question.

I didn't understand much in conversation between Othinus and Ollerus in New Testament 8 when Othinus was struck by the fairy spell. I understood the "What I need is 100% in either success or failure", but is she is still a magic god. What exactly did the fairy spell do since she is still a god? Can someone fill me in on the gist of the conversation? I probably only understand only about 40% of it. If my question is hard to understand what I mean to say is

What exactly happened when Ollerus confronted Othinus?
Old 2014-02-21, 13:51   Link #170
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The full answer might be partly a spoiler for the next volume, but just know that Othnius' Magic God status allows her to have a 50% chance of success or failure in everything she does.

The Fairy spell that Ollerus and Fiamma struck her with drags her down from that status of 50%, and into the 100% failure zone.
Old 2014-02-22, 21:29   Link #171
human013

I finished New Testament 9, so is the following correct? Othinus' original state is 50/50, then she was struck with the fairy spell which made her a magic god with 100% failure, but since she had the lance she had the opposite, 100% success. She then lost the lance and went to 100% failure. Is it because of the 100% failure that she went back to 50/50? She also had internal injuries(pain?) from the fairy spell. Did it accumulate while she still had the lance or only when she lost it and started to use the crossbow? So how did she lose the 100% failure effect?

How I thought the 100% success/failure worked was like this: With 100% success, she flips a coin and wants head, she will always get head. with 100% failure, she flips a coin and wants head, but will always get tails. I still don't really understand the entirety how the fairy spell affected her since she was still pretty powerful.
Old 2014-02-22, 21:42   Link #172
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
I finished New Testament 9, so is the following correct? Othinus' original state is 50/50, then she was struck with the fairy spell which made her a magic god with 100% failure, but since she had the lance she had the opposite, 100% success. She then lost the lance and went to 100% failure. Is it because of the 100% failure that she went back to 50/50? She also had internal injuries(pain?) from the fairy spell. Did it accumulate while she still had the lance or only when she lost it and started to use the crossbow? So how did she lose the 100% failure effect?

How I thought the 100% success/failure worked was like this: With 100% success, she flips a coin and wants head, she will always get head. with 100% failure, she flips a coin and wants head, but will always get tails. I still don't really understand the entirety how the fairy spell affected her since she was still pretty powerful.
What happened is that when Othinus had the fairy spell she had 100% failure, and so she did the opposite of what she was intending to do in order to have 100% success.

Spoiler for NT 9 ending:
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 06:05   Link #173
entei08

I just came across this power chart on 4chan
can anyone tell me who Freiss is? Thanks guys

Last edited by entei08; 2014-03-25 at 09:35.
entei08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 10:17   Link #174
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by entei08 View Post
I just came across this power chart on 4chan
can anyone tell me who Freiss is? Thanks guys
Fleiss is a character from the SP Volume Chapter 3 (which I still have yet to read )
Old 2014-03-25, 10:24   Link #175
Birdway
Banned

Just a girl who uses a spray and some moves to make it look like powers like a whip, Touma defeated her by using his blazer as a fan.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 10:55   Link #176
entei08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Fleiss is a character from the SP Volume Chapter 3 (which I still have yet to read )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Just a girl who uses a spray and some moves to make it look like powers like a whip, Touma defeated her by using his blazer as a fan.
Nice, thanks guys
entei08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 00:11   Link #177
Lemon Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
That's Otome actually, Fleiss was the magician of the story
Lemon Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-29, 13:34   Link #178
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

7 = 4...apparently?

Not mine, but trying to make sense of a question on ToAru wiki:

Quote:
Where on the book had it been mentioned that black-winged Accelerator and Saints are belonged to 7=4?
Help?
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 01:19   Link #179
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I don't even know what that means ... ?
Old 2014-03-30, 03:50   Link #180
LevelSeven

maybe he wants to know where index mentioned that black wings are > saints.....

but i can be wrong...
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
memories, q&a