AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-02-10, 02:32   Link #181
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

How does KnB fare in regards to popularizing basketball in Japan?
Old 2014-02-10, 02:56   Link #182
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-2 View Post
not as much as how captain tsubasa popularizing football in entire world (almost 99%.... 100% of people who like football here know tsubasa, and most of them play because of tsubasa)
Old 2014-02-10, 12:01   Link #183
Archaeon

Kagami vs Aomine is perhaps one of the best rivalry in sports anime. Even better than Rukawa vs Sendoh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
not as much as how captain tsubasa popularizing football in entire world (almost 99%.... 100% of people who like football here know tsubasa, and most of them play because of tsubasa)
Football itself is already most popular sport even if Tsubasa never exist,though it highly possible some anime fans get into football due to Tsubasa.

Never watch or read Tsubasa,but football is the first sports I felt in love with in my life.

Quote:
I think the classic Slam Dunk still has bigger impact at the moment.
Archaeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 19:08   Link #184
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
And how did it fare in popularizing homosexuality?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 21:36   Link #185
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
I think the classic Slam Dunk still has bigger impact at the moment.
Same thought here.
Speaking of popularity, how popular basketball really is in Japan?
Old 2014-02-11, 00:41   Link #186
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I don't get what people are going on about with this. KnB had a case where someone was threatening the author/stores/events and did crazy shit if the manga was at comic events.

People apparently still don't respect homosexuality in Japan and in some other parts of the world for some stupid reason.

I don't see how this manga is popularizing homosexuality more than Prince of Tennis or any other show with mostly boys does. For christ sake this show has hot girl characters, and did you even see the next episode PV?

The point here being that people are having stupid reactions to this show just because some girls are making doujinshi because they want to see the characters in the show having sex to get off.

Edit:

I also want to say that the OST at the end of the last episode just aired was unbelievable. That's one of my favorite anime OST's now! It's just as good or even better every time I hear it surprisingly enough!

Last edited by dniv; 2014-02-11 at 01:06.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-11, 02:03   Link #187
OZ7UP
Music for life.
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
For christ sake this show has hot girl characters, and did you even see the next episode PV?
This. It's the quality that counts, not the quantity, and I can definitely say that both Rika and Momoi look good for characters that are drawn more realistically than the majority of female anime characters. And as for the PV, well, just take a look at the red text in my signature.

Quote:
The point here being that people are having stupid reactions to this show just because some girls are making doujinshi because they want to see the characters in the show having sex to get off.
This, again. While I'm not into BL, if we guys like to pair up female characters in fanworks, yaoi fangirls should also be able to do the same for male characters (as long as it makes sense... both ways). And to be fair to them, I CAN see why such fan pairings exist for this franchise - I just choose to go with the Heterosexual Life Partners interpretation. Besides, while we don't know about Akashi and Murasakibara, supplementary materials have stated that both Midorima and Aomine are attracted to women (older women and big-breasted women, respectively, the latter being animated), and I'm willing to bet that Kise's been on his fair share of dates due to his popularity as a teen model.

Last edited by OZ7UP; 2014-02-11 at 02:32. Reason: Forgot to mention Kise, Midorima and Aomine
OZ7UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-11, 06:29   Link #188
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
How gay do you feel after watching an episode of KnB? Is it more than usual?
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-11, 07:20   Link #189
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
i loving akashi more and more
Old 2014-02-11, 14:36   Link #190
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Well, I don't feel more inclined to play basket ball.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 15:43   Link #191
ookamigirl

Spoiler for plot:

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 18:58   Link #192
OZ7UP
Music for life.
*Author

My I-Wouldn't-Call-Them-Observations du jour:

* I actually would be worried about someone sprinkling protein powder into my food. Sure, you can mix such powder into yoghurt, or even use it for baking, but for savoury meals? No thanks. Besides, I'm pretty sure that there's an age limit where it's safe for your body to actually handle the powder - I'm not sure what that age is in Japan, but here in Australia, it's 15.

* So much for Alex being voiced by a Japanese-speaking native English speaker. Well, at least the English is still coherent, and she looks even better on the screen than I imagined.

Snarls at the others

Hands off, she's mine.

* Good to see Aomine actually willing to help Kuroko out. He may hate the thought of losing, but I suppose helping out was probably a reward for actually getting him to go as close to all-out as he could, enjoying the game in the process.

Last edited by OZ7UP; 2014-02-15 at 21:03.
Old 2014-02-15, 19:12   Link #193
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ7UP View Post
This. It's the quality that counts, not the quantity, and I can definitely say that both Rika and Momoi look good for characters that are drawn more realistically than the majority of female anime characters. And as for the PV, well, just take a look at the red text in my signature.

This, again. While I'm not into BL, if we guys like to pair up female characters in fanworks, yaoi fangirls should also be able to do the same for male characters (as long as it makes sense... both ways). And to be fair to them, I CAN see why such fan pairings exist for this franchise - I just choose to go with the Heterosexual Life Partners interpretation. Besides, while we don't know about Akashi and Murasakibara, supplementary materials have stated that both Midorima and Aomine are attracted to women (older women and big-breasted women, respectively, the latter being animated), and I'm willing to bet that Kise's been on his fair share of dates due to his popularity as a teen model.
I wasn't saying anything bad about the people making the Doujinshi-- at least I wasn't trying to imply that. I was saying criticizing the people criticizing the author for things non-cannon parodies of his work are saying while the main work has no signs of the things his work is getting criticized for.

Otherwise, this new episode was pretty great.

I liked it a lot once again. I can't wait for the game next episode though. That'll probably be more exciting. I liked the thing with Aomine. I always like it when they play that theme that was at the end of this episode before the ending. Alex was interesting, I'm liking this turn of events. Next game seems way harder than before, and it seems like Kuroko might just start shooting baskets.

I remember someone saying they would like it if this happened, well given out what they pointed as weaknesses of the drive. This is good news. Unless they lose, but I kind of doubt that's going to happen again...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 21:02   Link #194
OZ7UP
Music for life.
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I wasn't saying anything bad about the people making the Doujinshi-- at least I wasn't trying to imply that. I was saying criticizing the people criticizing the author for things non-cannon parodies of his work are saying while the main work has no signs of the things his work is getting criticized for.
Relax, I wasn't calling you out - I actually wrote what I wrote in support of what you said. If anything, I was also calling out on the people that you were calling out.
Old 2014-02-15, 21:22   Link #195
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

The kissing was funny, though if the gender roles were all reversed, and this was in the U.S., "Alex" would be in jail right about now (or at least x hundred feet away from schools, parks, etc.)

Sigh...the English has always disappointed me. Kagami's English is so brash. No one talks like that here in the U.S. If only anime casting put more effort into acquiring native English speakers. Here's a thought: those people in the JET program could probably do some voice acting as well and up the level of English speaking in Japan through anime.

What other anime has had an accurate portrayal of foreign language? I can only think of a few: Monster, and Last Exile (2nd series).
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 21:34   Link #196
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I would ask Midorirama to teach me how to shoot full court shots though
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 21:35   Link #197
OZ7UP
Music for life.
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post
Sigh...the English has always disappointed me. Kagami's English is so brash. No one talks like that here in the U.S. If only anime casting put more effort into acquiring native English speakers. Here's a thought: those people in the JET program could probably do some voice acting as well and up the level of English speaking in Japan through anime.
To be fair, though, despite having lived in the States, Kagami is Japanese, first and foremost, which is why I don't have much of a problem with the English that he speaks. Alex, on the other hand, is an American, which was why the VA was a bit of a letdown for me (just a tiny bit of a letdown, but a letdown nonetheless).
Old 2014-02-15, 22:20   Link #198
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ7UP View Post
To be fair, though, despite having lived in the States, Kagami is Japanese, first and foremost, which is why I don't have much of a problem with the English that he speaks. Alex, on the other hand, is an American, which was why the VA was a bit of a letdown for me (just a tiny bit of a letdown, but a letdown nonetheless).
I'll give you the point that Kagami is Japanese, but their portrayal of his character in English is a huge letdown in my opinion. Think back to the flashback when he was conversing with the other street ball kids in America. Their dialogue was not realistic. Maybe it's because they want to show his brash nature in both languages. I get that, but that really doesn't help the native Japanese understand American culture.

To me, Alex's English was more passable, but there was still a heavy hint of Japanese accent, so I agree that contextually it was also a letdown. I really di think anime studios need to employ hanjin or full on gaijin voice actors for these roles.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-16, 01:29   Link #199
monir
cho~ kakkoii

So that was Alex all along. Alex is hot!!! And looks like Kuroko will accomplish shooting in a day. I sure hope not. I'm also glad that the show finally admitted the huge weakness team Seirin has with Kuroko in the rotation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post
I'll give you the point that Kagami is Japanese, but their portrayal of his character in English is a huge letdown in my opinion. Think back to the flashback when he was conversing with the other street ball kids in America. Their dialogue was not realistic. Maybe it's because they want to show his brash nature in both languages. I get that, but that really doesn't help the native Japanese understand American culture.

To me, Alex's English was more passable, but there was still a heavy hint of Japanese accent, so I agree that contextually it was also a letdown. I really di think anime studios need to employ hanjin or full on gaijin voice actors for these roles.
In all fairness, when I try to imagine an American Voice Actor trying to speak a dialogue in Japanese for whatever reason, the Japanese audience probably would find it just as horrid. I would also go on to say that the portrayal of the Japanese language itself isn't always realistic either from the way a character speaks in anime. I have hard time believing that normal people would speak like that as shown in most anime without getting laughed at or worse.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-16, 05:40   Link #200
hamazura
whatever

kuroko : "i want ahomine to teach me how to shoot, afaik, he is the best"
midorima : "ngg, hello?"

Tags
basketball, sports