AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2014-02-06, 20:14   Link #721
Thunder Book
Endless Member

Honestly I think I need to watch through all of Redaction again anyways. It's a good story that I had trouble understanding the ultimate point of, but even still it has stuck with me this entire time.
Thunder Book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 21:48   Link #722
Golden Bug-Hunter

Well, let me say that as sinister malevolent conspiracies go, the world would be well served by evil geniuses that stumble upon the idea of 'I will take talented ORPHANS and SPONSOR THEIR RISE TO PROSPERITY! Then, they shall be my FRIENDS and occasionally do me FAVORS! BWA HAH HAH HA!...'

Now that is what I call a better class of criminal.
Golden Bug-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 03:26   Link #723
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsnail View Post
That was certainly interesting. I may be on completely the wrong track but I think I get Redaction a lot more now.

Spoiler:
Rather,
Spoiler for response:

Quote:
Honestly I think I need to watch through all of Redaction again anyways. It's a good story that I had trouble understanding the ultimate point of, but even still it has stuck with me this entire time.
To phrase it as non-spoilery as possible....could the Rokkenjima incident have been avoided? Who was at fault for it?

How you answer these questions are largely due in part to how one sees the world, and THAT is what Redaction addresses. Do you see the world as an inherently corrupt world where goodness is struggling against a status quo of wickedness, or do you see the world as a place where the world is good by default and wickedness is an active force?

What is the difference between feeling guilt and being responsible? What breaks a person, and how can you help those sorts of people?
Old 2014-02-07, 12:53   Link #724
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

An important general-purposes hint:
Spoiler:
With that in mind, pay Shouon just as much attention as Mrs. Marion. He isn't the narrator for nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Book View Post
You can download it. It would be much, much faster than trying to watch it all again.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 14:13   Link #725
Thunder Book
Endless Member

Yeah, looking back over the video lengths, that probably is the better idea...

Though there was a certain appeal in the fact that the last batch of videos were a good 2 to 3 hours long a piece.
Thunder Book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 07:30   Link #726
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
Thanks for posting those, they look great!
I'm really glad you like them ^^

Quote:
I'm surprised that you hadn't had any comments about the CGs before.
Well the main reason for that may be that I didn't realize Willard's hand in the first one was drawn in an awkward, anatomically impossible way until recently....

No well, I'm aware they aren't anything too grand, their making started as something like a joke bewtween the making of the episodes, but I'm genuinely happy somebody likes them.

It's tough to be blue...
Captain Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 13:09   Link #727
battle22

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
And now that I've finished playing Total Seacat Island, I really ought to review it. It was a fun, entertaining game. Thanks for making it, Battle22! I'll certainly continue to read it if it gets continued/re-made.

Spoiler for Total Seacat Island up to ep 5:
Thank you very much for your wonderful review. Captain and I are very happy to hear that there is somebody out there who liked it :d
Old 2014-02-11, 02:42   Link #728
ErenselTheJester

Hey guys, this is a rough draft of an experimental fanfiction I'm working on.

Spoiler:

The summary of this concept is that another meta- detective is secretly trying to cremate Beatrice's corpse. The experiment is the existence of a meta- detective since a detective can't possibly exist in the meta- world where magic exists as well as him having a first person perspective which posits the question of whether anyone can have a reliable perspective when reality can shift at one's whim.
ErenselTheJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-11, 13:55   Link #729
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Quote:
The experiment is the existence of a meta- detective since a detective can't possibly exist in the meta- world where magic exists as well as him having a first person perspective which posits the question of whether anyone can have a reliable perspective when reality can shift at one's whim.
What about Battler, Erika, Williard...?
Old 2014-02-17, 06:11   Link #730
ALPHA-Beatrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
An important general-purposes hint:
Spoiler:
With that in mind, pay Shouon just as much attention as Mrs. Marion. He isn't the narrator for nothing.
You can download it. It would be much, much faster than trying to watch it all again.
I have a Redaction Theory. Andy is the meta-physical representation of Sarah's brother. The manifestation of her guilt for their forced separation.

(I watched the link you gave. I was always interested in Redaction, but it felt overly long. And I didn't want to go through a long intro. At least with Umineko, it felt like you could skip the unnecessary scenes.) I'm about to watch the Tip for confirmation or denial of my theory of Andy's nature.
ALPHA-Beatrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-17, 13:37   Link #731
Drifloon

You do realise that there's a VN version of Redaction on Renall's site, right? It's only a bit longer than the average Umineko episode, I don't think it's all that much to read.

And your theory is pretty much the same thing that I (and several others apparently) thought when I first finished Redaction, but it's already been denied, sorry.
Drifloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-17, 15:18   Link #732
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPHA-Beatrice View Post
I have a Redaction Theory. Andy is the meta-physical representation of Sarah's brother. The manifestation of her guilt for their forced separation.

(I watched the link you gave. I was always interested in Redaction, but it felt overly long. And I didn't want to go through a long intro. At least with Umineko, it felt like you could skip the unnecessary scenes.) I'm about to watch the Tip for confirmation or denial of my theory of Andy's nature.
Your blue was already sort of addressed in Redaction.

Spoiler for Hint towards Andy's nature.:
Old 2014-02-17, 16:03   Link #733
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

No, she's older than her brother (her entire backstory wouldn't make any sense otherwise).
Spoiler:
The VN download is a lot better of an idea than trying to watch 30+ hours of videos at this point, I'd reckon.

Old 2014-02-17, 20:33   Link #734
ALPHA-Beatrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
No, she's older than her brother (her entire backstory wouldn't make any sense otherwise).
Spoiler:
The VN download is a lot better of an idea than trying to watch 30+ hours of videos at this point, I'd reckon.
Thank you ^^ I look forward to playing it. Mainly because that vid you gave out. I'm far more sympathetic to Sarah than Yasu. I can understand why she feels like she's a screw-up, how life is screwed up and yet at the same time wanting to believe in the world.

Actually, mostly because I feel that way myself. She's a totally relatable person.
ALPHA-Beatrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-18, 01:56   Link #735
battle22

Ah, if the VN version is out, allow me to download it as well ^_^
Old 2014-02-18, 14:34   Link #736
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Quote:
Bah, my bad memory. Either way, the other points are valid. >_<
Old 2014-02-20, 03:35   Link #737
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

I enjoyed reading the new Redaction Tip! It's good stuff, as always.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-23, 23:30   Link #738
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

For those who haven't seen it, there's a new thing going on as mentioned with a new Redaction TIP. The first part can be found here:

Spoiler:
And I just finished the second part! That's here:

Spoiler:
The quality on this one may be a little bit lower than before. I don't think anyone really watched it in 1080p before and YouTube only seems to be encoding it for 720p, so I recorded it as such. Don't know if anyone can tell the difference exactly; I tried to go for the best possible encode, which was easier with the lower file size and resolution.

Old 2014-02-24, 21:21   Link #739
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Excellent, I'll enjoy reading the second part of the TIP!

With image thread closures and things, this is probably the most appropriate thread to put the following thing in. I mentioned a while back in the spoilers and speculation thread that because I found I absolutely needed maps to use for the fan-game I'm working on, I'm having to draw ones up, trying to make them as faithful to the VNs as possible. Minor tweaking aside, I'm mostly done with the maps now unless I find out something's badly wrong that I've overlooked. But the designs have left me with a couple of gaps on the top two floors where there's a space and I don't know what to fill it in with.

Does anyone have suggestions for what the areas marked with ??? could be used for? The only things I've thought of so far are "old schoolroom", which is a little dry and perhaps uneccessary, or "Kinzo's abandoned Wild West memorabilia museum" which is perhaps a little too far fetched.

Spoiler for Maps:
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 09:46   Link #740
Jaden

There's a gun cabinet somewhere in the second floor. I could imagine it being in a room full of Kinzo's stuff. Since Natsuhi lives on the first floor, maybe she's set up a Shinto shrine.