AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-02-19, 19:08   Link #2481
leorodri100

no joke, so far nagiasu has no real romance whatsoever, well at least i don't count akari and itaru's relationship as romance, it was just plot device for me, then again one could say that any other romance element is but a plot device. i would just agree in disagree

even so i would like a proper romance for at least hikari, but as it is a okada show, i don't really have high hopes, that doesn't mean i deslike the series in any ways, i like the character interaction wich in my opnion are the key for a good series
i will still watch the next episode but i can't say i hope for a bright or happy ending for hikari, i expect it to be a hikari centric episode, but it will probably just be another miuna centric episode...ugh
leorodri100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 19:29   Link #2482
deadite

I still hold the opinion that you are doing the show a huge disservice by having shippers effect how you enjoy the show. Just ignore them, there are more important elements and themes in the show that shippers completely ignore. There's very little sipping in NagiAsu and shippers obnoxious behavior makes it look like its the most important thing. And I really think people should get over the fact Miuna plays a more important role. I know, you don't like her but most of the people I know do and have seen hints of her becoming more important as early as the 1st cour. I don't why she gets so much hate when she is hardly as annoying as people make her out to be compared to the myriad of anime characters who would put Miuna to shame in "annoyingness" department.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Interestingly enough it fits their characters perfectly, with Tsumugu being unabashed about saying things the way they are, and with Chisaki being easily embarassed.
The snow being part of the show is just icing too

Last edited by deadite; 2014-02-19 at 19:57.
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 21:01   Link #2483
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
based on one of the pcitures of the preview we gonna get a miuna x tsugume (loli flag) moment with then share their reflections about their unrequeted loves who where connected throught hikari.

maybe a new flag to make the things even more complicated/twisted then what their alread.

to make this anime the most "complicated" crazy, crack shipping of the ages.
Don't feed on my weird, sudden urge to torture myself by starting to board this ship!
Lugia_Tsuyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-20, 02:52   Link #2484
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
Since when is Miuna a bitch? I also don't want Manaka to wake up, you know? What a waste of screen time and story.

Also, people are hoping Miuna to sacrifice himself and expecting Hikari to be okay with that and live happily ever after?
Indeed. If Miuna didn't use her super-hearing to find the entry to Shioshishio, Manaka would still be sleeping with the fishes.

All this Miuna hate is nonsensical. She may not be happy that Hikari is still in love with Manaka, but she still did the right thing and saved her.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-20, 04:10   Link #2485
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
based on one of the pcitures of the preview we gonna get a miuna x tsugume (loli flag) moment with then share their reflections about their unrequeted loves who where connected throught hikari.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
maybe a new flag to make the things even more complicated/twisted then what their alread.

to make this anime the most "complicated" crazy, crack shipping of the ages.
Crack shipping is nothing new for Okada, just ask Shinn and Lunamaria from Gundam Seed Destiny
Old 2014-02-20, 08:25   Link #2486
justpassingby

Oh lol Tsumugu thought the same thing as Miuna? And that HueHueHueHue.

Also, looking forward to rerun of ANIMAX MUSIX 2013 for Mikako-shi, May'n, and angela.

Last edited by justpassingby; 2014-02-20 at 08:38.
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-20, 08:50   Link #2487
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Crack shipping is nothing new for Okada, just ask Shinn and Lunamaria from Gundam Seed Destiny
Wait... Okada wrote Gundam Seed Destiny? If that's true, it's news to me. And given what an utter mess GSD was, it would probably impact my view on Okada.
Old 2014-02-20, 09:05   Link #2488
justpassingby

The hell!? It's Fukuda. wwwwwwww
And his wife is Morosawa Chiaki.
Old 2014-02-20, 09:14   Link #2489
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Wait... Okada wrote Gundam Seed Destiny? If that's true, it's news to me. And given what an utter mess GSD was, it would probably impact my view on Okada.
Okada had nothing whatsoever to do with GSD according to any credits I've ever had privilege to see.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-20, 09:15   Link #2490
kido22

by the anticipation of the 21st episode what is understood?
it may happen that Chisaki jealous of tsugumu, the fact that they are convinced that Manaka is in love with tsugumu.
kido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-20, 09:21   Link #2491
justpassingby

Using wikipedia I see.

Old 2014-02-20, 10:23   Link #2492
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
Indeed. If Miuna didn't use her super-hearing to find the entry to Shioshishio, Manaka would still be sleeping with the fishes.

All this Miuna hate is nonsensical. She may not be happy that Hikari is still in love with Manaka, but she still did the right thing and saved her.
Miuna is definitely not a bitch (Though her eavsedropping on Hikari talking to the sleeping Manaka was pushing it). The problem is she's annoying and she's become a main character through several contrived situations and dues ex machina.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-20, 10:36   Link #2493
justpassingby

Imagine Hikari not being a son to the head priest. Or the other Shioshishio kids not being a friend to him. Or Tsumugu never fished Manaka out. Or Akari is not a friend to Miori.

Or, there was never a continuation to the Sea Legend (I actually laughed at Isamu when he told the story to Chisaki).

They all are contrived situations.

And I don't see her as annoying so that's not a problem.
Old 2014-02-20, 10:55   Link #2494
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

She's become a main character through a time skip that made her the same age as Hikari - a time skip that is relevant to everyone so could hardly be considered contrived. I don't know about you but I'd consider it pretty odd that a side character doesn't get to be on the same page as everyone now that the only thing holding her back is taken away. I think it would've been wasted potential not to focus on another character that's gone through the time skip and is of the same age as the main cast were in the first cour. And she was always pretty relevant to the story in the first cour anyway so I'd say the increase in focus is about proportional.

The decision to make her more relevant isn't a wrong one, it's just that she needs to justify why she should get focus rather than other characters. I don't dislike Miuna but I do think her character isn't meeting up to the expectations the increased screentime has given her. I'm just not sure how much I should contribute that to her characterization (she has to essentially start from the same position other kids were at during the first cour and they weren't all that great then), the unfortunate result of the narrative (she has to be just as compelling as Hikari and Chisaki are now) or the execution (In episode 18, I once again felt that Miuna's VA wasn't giving a convincing performance imo. That might just be me though.)
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-20, 10:59   Link #2495
Miraluka
Banned

Chisaki used wet clothing attack on Hikari!
It's super effective!

Oi, this must be the first time Chisaki makes Hikari see her as a girl, and she didn't notice

PS: Kaname's suffering intensifies.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-20, 11:10   Link #2496
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
Imagine Hikari not being a son to the head priest. Or the other Shioshishio kids not being a friend to him. Or Tsumugu never fished Manaka out. Or Akari is not a friend to Miori.

Or, there was never a continuation to the Sea Legend (I actually laughed at Isamu when he told the story to Chisaki).

They all are contrived situations.
Besides "the continuation of the sea legend" (You're right with that being contrived) I don't really see how any of those situations are contrived since most of them of those plot points were part of the anime from the very beginning and even if they are, most of those situations were allowed to play out naturally.

The problem is that almost Miuna's whole character is forced. She "conveniently" gets to be the same age as Hikari. This isn't a problem at the beginning, but Okada keeps forcing Miuna to become a major player. She gets to a perfect spot near the ocean, where a crane conveniently falls down on her, which conveniently pushes her into ocean that isn't frozen, where through a deus ex machina, she gets Ena which also conveniently nets her super hearing, which then gets her to be the only one now that can help. There's nothing natural at all here (Except for her crush on Hikari).
Old 2014-02-20, 11:20   Link #2497
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
The problem is that almost Miuna's whole character is forced. She "conveniently" gets to be the same age as Hikari. This isn't a problem at the beginning, but Okada keeps forcing Miuna to become a major player. She gets to a perfect spot near the ocean, where a crane conveniently falls down on her, which conveniently pushes her into ocean that isn't frozen, where through a deus ex machina, she gets Ena which also conveniently nets her super hearing, which then gets her to be the only one now that can help. There's nothing natural at all here (Except for her crush on Hikari).
She had the super hearing since Episode 14. The only thing contrived is the ena reveal and she certainly isn't a main character because of it.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-20, 11:31   Link #2498
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
She had the super hearing since Episode 14. The only thing contrived is the ena reveal and she certainly isn't a main character because of it.
She did? When were we shown that?
Old 2014-02-20, 11:34   Link #2499
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Spoiler:
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-20, 11:44   Link #2500
kido22

What will happen when Manaka look tsugumu grown?
kido22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, harem, love polygon, mari okada, p.a. works, romance, seinen