AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-22, 13:39   Link #10601
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
I agree that their VA seems off. But the Chibis are so cute. Especially that frost nova and head patting!!!
Me, too, but I think we should wait for the anime to make the final verdict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyC1994 View Post
Oh yea I always wondered. Can Tatsuya still use Material Burst without the Third Eye?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
Depends. Does he want to continue living or not?
Well, he could always use the method when he first used it. So yes.
Old 2014-02-22, 13:42   Link #10602
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Oh yea I always wondered. Can Tatsuya still use Material Burst without the Third Eye?
Yes. However, the destructive power wold catch him in the blast, and the general consensus is that he can't regen from nothing.

Also, I'm naming Mahouka spells after FF ones because lols. So if Decomposition = Death, and Restoration = Revive, then I guess Material Burst = Megaflare?
Old 2014-02-22, 13:51   Link #10603
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
I think the funniest part on there was Tatsuya actually being freaked out when Miyuki did that.

By the way, I can't understand Japanese, but in the intro part it seemed like Miyuki just introduced herself as Tatsuyas little sister. And when Tatsuya told her to do it properly she said something along the lines of "That is the most important thing".

Tatsuya:..................OK. Moving on *brings out pointer*
Indeed, Miyuki said that being her little sister is the most important thing to her (Tatsuya said she should include her position in the student council or in course 1), and to me it sounded more like Tatsuya just accepted it. It's Miyuki's will, after all.

The last part interests me more. Sounds like Tatsuya was saying something about pride in his abilities when it comes to Course's 2 lack of teachers and Miyuki retorted by asking the audience to not let pride get in their way when doing something. A "subtle" retort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Yes. However, the destructive power wold catch him in the blast, and the general consensus is that he can't regen from nothing.

Also, I'm naming Mahouka spells after FF ones because lols. So if Decomposition = Death, and Restoration = Revive, then I guess Material Burst = Megaflare?
Then what the hell would be Ultima?

Considering Regrowth has a limit on its resurrecting capabilities, maybe it should be Curaga.
Old 2014-02-22, 16:04   Link #10604
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Indeed, Miyuki said that being her little sister is the most important thing to her (Tatsuya said she should include her position in the student council or in course 1), and to me it sounded more like Tatsuya just accepted it. It's Miyuki's will, after all.

The last part interests me more. Sounds like Tatsuya was saying something about pride in his abilities when it comes to Course's 2 lack of teachers and Miyuki retorted by asking the audience to not let pride get in their way when doing something. A "subtle" retort.

Then what the hell would be Ultima?

Considering Regrowth has a limit on its resurrecting capabilities, maybe it should be Curaga.
I don't know, but Megaflare is actually a nuclear explosion in game so I thought it fit better. And I'm still holding out for a magic stronger than Material Burst.

Good point on the Regrowth, though.
Old 2014-02-22, 16:50   Link #10605
pampz21
ShipCore

F*ck why didnt I see it sooner, the reason why i rewatch Aquarion Evol was to see the ending; Mikono look like Miyuki too much#!

EDIT: Yeah I agree to some people that the the seiyuu was kinda weird or force; unlike the drama cd

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2014-02-22, 16:55   Link #10606
waffler

i think the voice acting for tatsuya and miyuki better in pv, especially tatsuya, miyuki sounds weird kind of to me
Old 2014-02-22, 17:10   Link #10607
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffler View Post
i think the voice acting for tatsuya and miyuki better in pv, especially tatsuya, miyuki sounds weird kind of to me
Let's avoid being elitist pricks, shall we....Maybe the editing is a bit off....
Old 2014-02-22, 17:43   Link #10608
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MShukyDeneuve View Post
The problem for me is the fact that Yotsuba Family really worst of the worst family possible(maybe the entire ten clans have similiar trait).
since their number is the smallest, they need each family member usefull.

Quote:
first, i hope Miya is a good mother figure and treat Tatsuya good, because Maya annoying personality....But it is turned Miya and Maya just same.
and what's that annoying personality ?

Quote:
Not only that, their father married Miya for money and power, in exchange Miya got superior gen offsprings...
in exchange Miya got superior gen offsprings... ????
i'm not sure about this........

Quote:
if that is the future, then i might fine to die now.
Born as normal Human is the Best.

they can do whatever they want, become an actress, etc.

magician is weapon since the moment they born.

Quote:
of course he can,

but it will really takes time to regenerate and regrowth.
Old 2014-02-22, 17:45   Link #10609
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Hmm, I don't quite like Miyuki's voice...
I don't get what people are complaining about. It's Hayamin for God's sake. She's perfect.

Last edited by Lucarion; 2014-02-22 at 18:35.
Old 2014-02-22, 17:51   Link #10610
Riddam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
I don't get what people are complaining about. It's Hayamin for God sake's. She's perfect.
That's very constructive.
Old 2014-02-22, 17:53   Link #10611
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
I don't get what people are complaining about. It's Hayamin for God sake's. She's perfect.
Miyuki is ok, Tatsuya sounds a bit too emotional, but I guess you could say it's because he's with Miyuki.
Old 2014-02-22, 18:34   Link #10612
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Well, it is a bit annoying for me too with the Miyuki Beauty explanation almost each chapters. Not that i hate her character but the problem is with the author.
I am now reading visitor arc II and found out Erika is the most awesome female character in this series.

The problem for me is the fact that Yotsuba Family really worst of the worst family possible(maybe the entire ten clans have similiar trait).
first, i hope Miya is a good mother figure and treat Tatsuya good, because Maya annoying personality....But it is turned Miya and Maya just same.
Not only that, their father married Miya for money and power, in exchange Miya got superior gen offsprings...Ugh.. if that is the future, then i might fine to die now.
Really, those clans peoples really need hard slaps on their ass.

It also really hard for me to accept that Erika is her father's affair result....

Really, is there no a good family in this series, i wonder?.. XD

The world seems really broken.

People really do perceive things differently, huh?

I actually think they're the most interesting ones in the 10. The Yotsuba are power players. Everyone in the family--Tatsuya and Miyuki included--is mostly an amoral pragmatist who don't let their feelings or the "wrongness" of something interfere with what they think they have to do. Also, it's not like they're smug or anything--the way they treat Guardians stems from other considerations rather than some believe of natural superiority, and even if they came across as that at least they're able to back it up with actual competence. And despite the rivalry within the clan they're able to band together as a solid force against anyone who crosses them which means that they value themselves as a clan more than they value themselves as an individual (which also adds a possible reason for them not getting along with Tatsuya because the guy always does his own thing and would only do theirs if there's something in it for him).

I agree, that they're not "good" people, but the thing is when your playing politics--especially when your playing it as hard as they do, the terrible things they do actually become virtues: Genzou's total war weakened the GAA and strengthened his family, Maya controlling the willful but powerful Tatsuya into doing her bidding, Miya experimenting on him to test an untried theory that though terrible probably advanced magical knowledge, cutting two lovers apart to take his superior genes to strengthen your next generation, creating a company and a system of genetically-enhanced bodyguards serving each family member because they're loathe to suffer another incident against their own--with all this it isn't strange to see why the Yotsuba are winning.

And frankly I'm sick of seeing "good" people allow more trouble to come into their lives because they didn't have the stomach to cut of their douchebag enemy's heads when they could. Putting it in GoT terms, if you're rooting for the Lannisters you'd probably root for the Yotsuba.
Old 2014-02-22, 18:56   Link #10613
fujin of shadows

Quote:
People really do perceive things differently, huh?

I actually think they're the most interesting ones in the 10. The Yotsuba are power players. Everyone in the family--Tatsuya and Miyuki included--is mostly an amoral pragmatist who don't let their feelings or the "wrongness" of something interfere with what they think they have to do. Also, it's not like they're smug or anything--the way they treat Guardians stems from other considerations rather than some believe of natural superiority, and even if they came across as that at least they're able to back it up with actual competence. And despite the rivalry within the clan they're able to band together as a solid force against anyone who crosses them which means that they value themselves as a clan more than they value themselves as an individual (which also adds a possible reason for them not getting along with Tatsuya because the guy always does his own thing and would only do theirs if there's something in it for him).

I agree, that they're not "good" people, but the thing is when your playing politics--especially when your playing it as hard as they do, the terrible things they do actually become virtues: Genzou's total war weakened the GAA and strengthened his family, Maya controlling the willful but powerful Tatsuya into doing her bidding, Miya experimenting on him to test an untried theory that though terrible probably advanced magical knowledge, cutting two lovers apart to take his superior genes to strengthen your next generation, creating a company and a system of genetically-enhanced bodyguards serving each family member because they're loathe to suffer another incident against their own--with all this it isn't strange to see why the Yotsuba are winning.

And frankly I'm sick of seeing "good" people allow more trouble to come into their lives because they didn't have the stomach to cut of their douchebag enemy's heads when they could. Putting it in GoT terms, if you're rooting for the Lannisters you'd probably root for the Yotsuba.
In other words, the Yotsuba as a whole has the mindset of Kiritsugu Emiya....With Tatsuya being an exact version of him, only stronger, smarter, and much more pragmatically effecient.....Tatsuya also has a better personality than Kiritsugu, but that isn't saying much.
Old 2014-02-22, 18:59   Link #10614
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
In other words, the Yotsuba as a whole has the mindset of Kiritsugu Emiya....With Tatsuya being an exact version of him, only stronger, smarter, and much more pragmatically effecient.....Tatsuya also has a better personality than Kiritsugu, but that isn't saying much.
At least he never had that hero of justice outlook crap.
Old 2014-02-22, 19:02   Link #10615
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
At least he never had that hero of justice outlook crap.
Yeah, he just has that 'look at my sister the wrong way, and you are going to be beyond dead' outlook.....

Can Tatsuya have his own version of Origin Bullet...A magic spell that can destroy the magic powers of a magician.....
Old 2014-02-22, 20:21   Link #10616
hakazee

Quote:
Genzou's total war weakened the GAA and strengthened his family,
Yeah. But actually Genzou weaken the Clan's power by half.

Quote:
cutting two lovers apart to take his superior genes to strengthen your next generation,
And this always makes me wonder if his gene is really superior.

Ah, another question about Guardian system.
Do Ayako and Fumiya have Guardians ? Looks like sometimes they do dangeous job alone.
Old 2014-02-22, 20:25   Link #10617
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblehook View Post
!?
Hahaha... I don't blame you and I can see how this fail to get your interest. The excitement that we can elicit from the first three volumes are moderate at best. The really juicy part of the story is in Vol 4. The first 3 Volumes is filled with a very heavy foundation of Magical Technology and Plot Setting that's half filling the story.

The reason to the madness is to create a rich and highly stable "logic of Magical Science" that establishes the direction of all possibilities and defines the impossible.

Look at Naruto, Bleach, SAO and Index. Nothing is impossible and anything that the author decides is simply tossed in. Even death simply losses it's meaning anymore.

There is something wrong with the first part but such reasons are irrelevant. I myself does not find Miyuki to be such a beauty. Looking at her illustrations, there is simply nothing in her style that sets her apart from other heroines in other stories. She's just normal.

I do enjoy her as a character though. Her endless display of affection towards her Onii-sama and regular tantrums are simply "too adorable" ^.^. That and her ability to ignore everyone in the suroundings which sets Tatsuya, and everyone in chaos and endless streams of emotional turmoil. Hmm... maybe not Tatsuya >.>

Such exquisite scenarios are fun and enjoyable and since they are spread all over, it does add some spice in the story.

That is as much feedback as I can give you. And whether you pick up the rest of the novel really wouldn't matter to me much. If by any chance that there's anyone able to enjoy my rambling then that is already satisfying for me. I always have a near failing mark in writing compositions after all.
I've actually read up to Vol.9 and since i'm a TAMNI/NT fanboy i'm used to long and complex explanations, although the explanations in Mahouka are way too long and throw words that you've never heard before mix with real (albeit) exagerated science and kinda turns me off it's not too bad I like reading them but sometimes the author explains the same magic like five times with five different characters that end up saying the same exact same thing, just worded differently and like I said i'm no stranger to crazy science.

Please don't get me started on SAO, my hate for that one knows no bounds.

Exactly, she's normal and yet we get bombarded with explanations on how she is so much more beautiful than anything alive.

This is one of my mayor problems with her character, she is too much of a good sister and as someone with a real little sister I find it too fake to believe, i'll do anything to protect my sister (I would literally take on the world for her) but the perfect little sister that obeys your every command seems weird and creepy to me.

Thanks for the input, but i'm still dropping it for now, at least until something that interest me happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Wuuuhhh! Wow never seen a Miyuki hater bfore.
Sis-con may he be, but logically speaking there is no rule for brothers not to spoil their little sister; if i would have one id rather spoil her than always fight with her. Well i only have a brother so i wouldnt have an opportunity but i spoil my grandchildren(iam not that old im only 21); or if i ever have a daugther.

Truth be told im not really fan of the series but more likely fan of Erika; so if ill just be able to read how she goes im ok anyway. Well i understand why u dont like Miyuki very much; due to i sometimes see it too that the author is forcing us to see Miyuki as the perfect woman; but all i can see is a perfect sister, appearance or personality wise.

My advise is that you should ignore when the author praise Miyuki too much; and focus on your favorite character, thats how i survive his physics lesson. Well if you really decide not to read or watch is up to you but i tell you your gonna miss 6 months of anime fun.

PS: just try to look on a different angle...like Erika, uh , Erika and Erika#!
I'm not a Miyuki hater, it's just that after having to read how beautiful she is every time she makes an appearance made dislike her, also the fact that she act too much like the perfect sister turns me off of her character. I don't hate her but I don't really like her just because of those things, she's fine and all but I'm not like everyone who sees her as a goddess.

And as someone with a little sister I agree, but they act like the perfect siblings a little too much for my liking, I rather have fights with my sister than have her act perfect all the time, but that's just me.

I try to ignore it but then another line of how perfect she is appears and ruins it for me.

I'm actually a Tatsuya x Erika shipper so there's no need to convince me on her and I have to say after reading your comments on this thread defending her I can see we agree on a lot of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddam View Post
Actually that's one of my few gripes with the series, and quite honestly it's mostly just bad writing. I don't really have a problem with Miyuki specifically or as a character, simply the way the author feels the need to hammer the audience with constant reminders that she is superlative in any shape and form. And how we get countless lines every chapter on how beautiful each girl in Mahouka is.

This is something though that doesn't directly transfer into the anime adaptation though, so that might be more enjoyable.
^ This.
Old 2014-02-22, 20:27   Link #10618
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
F*ck why didnt I see it sooner, the reason why i rewatch Aquarion Evol was to see the ending; Mikono look like Miyuki too much#!

EDIT: Yeah I agree to some people that the the seiyuu was kinda weird or force; unlike the drama cd
Please, don't bring the disaster called Aquarion EVOL anywhere near other series, that damn dog and useless Mikonos.
Old 2014-02-22, 20:28   Link #10619
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
Yeah, he just has that 'look at my sister the wrong way, and you are going to be beyond dead' outlook.....

Can Tatsuya have his own version of Origin Bullet...A magic spell that can destroy the magic powers of a magician.....
Taking a magician's powers away is theoretically not that hard in this series, you just need to know what to do rather than rely on some obscure method. Sure, it might be really tough on the stronger ones, but Tatsuya is crafty and strong enough to pull it off if he really has to, I believe. The key being, if he HAS to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality_Breaker View Post
Please, don't bring the disaster called Aquarion EVOL anywhere near other series, that damn dog and useless Mikonos.
Then pray Kanahana doesn't voice Mayumi in the anime.

Also, while Miyuki isn't such a perfect goddess (I think Mayumi beats her in looks, at least), she isn't exactly normal.
Old 2014-02-22, 20:35   Link #10620
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblehook View Post
!?
Hahaha... I don't blame you and I can see how this fail to get your interest. The excitement that we can elicit from the first three volumes are moderate at best. The really juicy part of the story is in Vol 4. The first 3 Volumes is filled with a very heavy foundation of Magical Technology and Plot Setting that's half filling the story.

The reason to the madness is to create a rich and highly stable "logic of Magical Science" that establishes the direction of all possibilities and defines the impossible.

Look at Naruto, Bleach, SAO and Index. Nothing is impossible and anything that the author decides is simply tossed in. Even death simply losses it's meaning anymore.

There is something wrong with the first part but such reasons are irrelevant. I myself does not find Miyuki to be such a beauty. Looking at her illustrations, there is simply nothing in her style that sets her apart from other heroines in other stories. She's just normal.

I do enjoy her as a character though. Her endless display of affection towards her Onii-sama and regular tantrums are simply "too adorable" ^.^. That and her ability to ignore everyone in the suroundings which sets Tatsuya, and everyone in chaos and endless streams of emotional turmoil. Hmm... maybe not Tatsuya >.>

Such exquisite scenarios are fun and enjoyable and since they are spread all over, it does add some spice in the story.

That is as much feedback as I can give you. And whether you pick up the rest of the novel really wouldn't matter to me much. If by any chance that there's anyone able to enjoy my rambling then that is already satisfying for me. I always have a near failing mark in writing compositions after all.
I suppose you'd count as one of the rare minority who don't see the beauty of the yamato nadeshiko. She she doesn't have big breasts or overly striking facial features, but she has the elegant sort of beauty like a fine painting.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings