AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-02-27, 12:46   Link #2701
Excorsism

It should be a crime for not giving Sayu enough screen time. Hopefully next week will fix this.
Old 2014-02-27, 13:01   Link #2702
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kido22 View Post
from this episode we understand that Manaka has lost the feeling of love
I don't know if it was "love" specifically, but it was definitely some array of emotions. She had no empathy for Akira getting burned, which is incredibly uncharacteristic of her.

Also, definitely enjoyed the updated OP. Nice looking scene with Miuna and Manaka with the sea god's flames.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-27, 13:07   Link #2703
iCK

I think Uroko-sama altered or removed some of Manaka's memory..
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-27, 13:20   Link #2704
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
I think Uroko-sama altered or removed some of Manaka's memory..
I said this before. But I think the one who Manaka loves is not Hikari but Tsumugu. After watching today's episode there are more hints for this.

Why did Uroko-sama curse Tsumugu? Hikari was the one who saved Manaka and not Tsumugu, why are some memories of Manaka erased?

She was like emotionless this episode. She even didn't care about Tsumugu. She even said at the beginning 'love'????

Edit: I posted this on 2014-02-06:

Quote:
''The next episodes are going to be interesting. And Manaka losing her Ena, could this mean maybe a possible Tsumugu x Manaka pairing?

The things Hikari said in the first season (him imaging manaka an tsumugu swimming away together) and how he talks about it like it already happened.

I think maybe it is going to happen. I wouldn't be surprised if Manaka ends up with Tsumugu. After this episode I think that possibility is very big. Mark my words.

I'm not shipping anyone, but I think a lot of things would make sense (first season) about how Hikari was talking in a way as if he was telling a story about a girl who he loved but she fell in love with someone else.''
Old 2014-02-27, 13:23   Link #2705
Zangor17

seems like next week we will find out what manaka lost based on the title being Something Lost. also i am not so sure manaka lost her ability to love. she seemed to show some love upon waking when she looked at hikari and when hikari told her that akira liked her alot she was thinking about it, if she lost her love i doubt she would have paused to think about that. also the continuation to the sea gods legend didnt specify that the person had to be from the land only that they where there at the time. as far as manaka knew hikari and the others had decided not to hibernate so she beieved he was on the surface. also they left manaka's answer if there was one to hikari asking what she wanted to tell him after the ofuneki out and that leads me to believe thats going to be expanded upon in a future episode. anyway i wish it was next thursday already this show is one of the few that i really look fowared to every week.
Zangor17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-27, 13:27   Link #2706
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

I'm pretty sure Uroko-sama cursed Tsumugu because of the ero-mags comment and not for something more serious. Otherwise there would be a discrepancy between the silliness of the curse and what caused it.
don_Durandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-27, 13:30   Link #2707
Zangor17

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_Durandal View Post
I'm pretty sure Uroko-sama cursed Tsumugu because of the ero-mags comment and not for something more serious. Otherwise there would be a discrepancy between the silliness of the curse and what caused it.
thats what i think too. there is also the fact that the time it seemed manaka was abnormal where all related to hikari in some way. Hikari brought up the topic of liking someone and it was with hikari's sister and his nephew Akira that manaka suddenly blanked out. Even so this episode still built up the relationship between manaka and hikari just a bit especially when manaka made a comment on how hikari was being nice.
Old 2014-02-27, 13:32   Link #2708
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
one think who annoying me is how hikari still keep pushing manaka to tsugumu even after the 5 years time skyp, this already passed the "real" to be too much cheap-drama, if her up until now dont wanted to see him (when asked about she was "i dont care mode") and hikari again, goes back to the 0, this is why i call this series "walk in circles" everyone play in circle, if manaka really wanted see tsugume or tsugume wanted see her their already meet each other, hikari is sto stupid or stubborn to the point of force then go together because he can't see who tsugume x manaka ship already hard sunked, this guy really have a problem, actually this show have a big problem of peoples who love to be "stucked" in time.
A few things to note:

1) Hikari is of the opinion that some things don't change regardless of how much time has passed so the 5 year time skip will not mean much to him, especially since to him "it was only yesterday".

2) Hikari doesn't know what we know. Hikari hasn't had the luxury of seeing the hints we've seen to suggest she doesn't love Tsumugu. Hikari doesn't know how to interpret the fact that Manaka wasn't interested in seeing Tsumugu because as he stated to Kaname, he's under the impression that Manaka has lost memories relating to Tsumugu.

3) Hikari at this moment must be thinking of the original Ofunehiki and the tale that Chisaki told him in the previous episode: The original Ofunehiki had someone dear to her at the surface that she wanted to see again. The Sea God gave her permission to see him again but at the cost of a sacrifice. Hikari knows that Manaka has lost two things, one of which is definitely related to Tsumugu and another which could be interpreted as related to Tsumugu (Personally, I'm fairly confident this is Red Herring of sorts although perhaps unnecessary).

4) Hikari wasn't pushing Manaka onto Tsumugu. He asked if she wanted to see Tsumugu (a totally legitimate question) and he wanted to know what Manaka was supposed to say to him after the Ofunehiki.

Last edited by Haak; 2014-02-27 at 14:32.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-27, 13:44   Link #2709
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura_Tsuki View Post
I said this before. But I think the one who Manaka loves is not Hikari but Tsumugu. After watching today's episode there are more hints for this.

Why did Uroko-sama curse Tsumugu? Hikari was the one who saved Manaka and not Tsumugu, why are some memories of Manaka erased?

She was like emotionless this episode. She even didn't care about Tsumugu. She even said at the beginning 'love'????

Edit: I posted this on 2014-02-06:
I don't think Manaka loves Tsumugu, she probably sorted out her feelings after they had that conversation before the Ofunhiki. Manaka before the whole disaster looked like she was going to confess to Hii-kun anymore
Old 2014-02-27, 13:50   Link #2710
Zangor17

i view the manka and tsumugu relationship as not one of love but it was a way to bring him into the story and have him get closer to everyone and set up for his and Chisaki's development later on. There was too little interaction between him and manaka that had any meaning where with her and hikari they had alot of development they even had the whole deal with hikari admitting he liked manaka and her pushing him away but then she finds the slug and seems to have sorted out her feeling before the disaster forces them apart. at the very least next week's episode should reveal a good chunk of information thats going to lead in to the finale of the series.
Old 2014-02-27, 13:56   Link #2711
Sakuratsuki

the following scene looks like a bad foreshadowing to me:

Spoiler for Manaka:

What do you guys think (the eyes)?
Old 2014-02-27, 14:01   Link #2712
Raine721

She knows she won't be able to stick around for long o.O
Raine721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-27, 14:08   Link #2713
Zangor17

i seriously cant see them have manaka come back only to disappear again by the end. they built up so much with her disappearance then they brought her back and the plot is finally going to start moving forward also the new opening ends with manaka catching the umbrella and turning around and even the scene with her and miuna holding the sea god flames has them looking up towards the surface. i feel like either miuna is gonna replace manaka or they will find some way to end the crisis without losing anyone.

also manaka kinda has to stick around because she doesnt have ena anymore and also the sea god already had to let her go because of her presumably missing/love for hikari that was strongly hinted at before the timeskip
Old 2014-02-27, 14:15   Link #2714
leorodri100

manaka lost something along with her ena, i just re-watched this scene, hikari remebers her losing her ena and kaname saying the sea god was angry it probably is her emotions...i was scared as hell when she stoped to question the fact that akira liked her, i saw it as if she did no longer know the concept of love but also don't think she is faking happiness in the first half of the episode, more like a curse if you ask me, one that comes and go

if we look back the legend of the ojoshi-sama was that the sea god had no other choice but let the girl go back to the surface well this time looks like he is not too happy about losing a ojoshisama and took something in return

and god damn it that new scene in the OP, with miuna and manaka as sea maidens, that made me go full rage mode the damn god is not only content with one sacrifice he wants to fricking wives

i'm trying to see the good side in this, one that hikari can still be happy but things are getting complicated...
leorodri100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-27, 14:28   Link #2715
Key Board
Carbon

honestly, if I self insert into the sea god, I can see why he is upset

For the first time in a very long, he gets a real living bride for the festival
but wait, she was only pretending. what a goddamn tease
but wait, this other girl wants to take her place.. ok, fine..
but wait, she's not committed either.

so fine, I'll let this girl go
but there will be a price to pay for breaking by goddamn heart
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-27, 14:34   Link #2716
Zangor17

oddly enough before manaka goes all dead eyed the last things hikari has said was him joking about staying hibernated and how he wished things could stay like they where which seems to imply manaka's dilemma here is more related to hikari than tsumugu.
Old 2014-02-27, 15:06   Link #2717
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangor17 View Post
i seriously cant see them have manaka come back only to disappear again by the end.
She has to get Hikari to finally cry about his mom's death, then they'll all go play a game of hide and -- whoops, wrong Okada series..
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-27, 15:15   Link #2718
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
To be honest I do not really know what to make of this episode other than we have been shown some new developments that do not seem to have easy, ready made answers. We can speculate as to some of them, of course, but I don't know if I would call this episode a lack of development as much as a few unexpected curve balls.

I enjoyed the ep, though, and I really liked the extra content in the OP - perhaps in some ways that was the biggest tease content wise of the ep for me - but still Manaka's dead eyes and Tsumugu's curse were things I completely did not expect.

And again through it all Uroko-sama and the Sea God still remain the most enigmatic components in the story for me. I agree with Tsumugu that Uroko is the one who very likely has the answers, but I also agree with Chisaki that he is not likely to be very forthcoming with them either....
Old 2014-02-27, 15:17   Link #2719
EroKing

Images
Kaname x Chisaki
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-02-27, 15:19   Link #2720
iCK

Tsumugu probably cursed for lying to Chisaki, about not really leaving for Uni.

Tags
drama, harem, love polygon, mari okada, p.a. works, romance, seinen