2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-02, 19:45   Link #101
AC-Phoenix
Detective

LOL Hilarious episode.
Anyone else noticed their product placement strategy?

Lenessia Figurines lol
I wonder what Lenessia will will think when walking past them

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2014-03-02, 20:16   Link #102
Kamui04

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
Yep, both Shiroe and Akatsuki are part of the populace that shine when it is all business (well, focused on a well defined purpose), but the moment business end is over, both get awkward as hell.
Sometimes reading reviews in other sites is kinda refreshing looking at other perspectives or viewpoints on the same issues. Instead of grading it based on anime stereotypes or saying that it's turned into a turd like some unmentionable anime...

Some of us already agreed that Shiroe is one of those reclusive geniuses that are good at organization or driving people to reach certain goals. But his lack of social skills is leading into an Apocalypse in itself. Soon after the formation of the RT it was already hinted at his bad rep, but in the last few episodes we have seen it has spiraled out of control. From people already gossiping about his now bad reputation, pushing Raynessia and the RT around. And now with two girls in tow at the cake cafe, he was quite oblivious it would turn into a PR disaster until it was too late.

As such he's really in desperate need of a "Public Image counselor or assistant" I really wonder if any adventurer already started writing some tabloid newspaper...
Old 2014-03-02, 20:58   Link #103
velvet nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitenma View Post
I fail to see any jailbait here.
So you see no problem with a university graduate having a relationship with a 13 year old

that's really all I have to point out.
Old 2014-03-02, 21:29   Link #104
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
Thing is, Akatsuki can't really buy clothes outside child section or specialized stores, and she has a complex about her looks so going shopping for clothes would be rather, uncomfortable, for her, so it's fairly understandable that she would not do it.
Why? How short can she be? I can't imagine she cannot find adult clothing her size in Japanese stores.

Anyway, my point had less to do with the clothes and more to do with the lack of real-life friends to take her shopping. When Minori suggests it, Akatsuki acts like it is one of the most surprising ideas she's ever heard.
Old 2014-03-02, 21:38   Link #105
Hitenma
Behold! We are the Nine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
So you see no problem with a university graduate having a relationship with a 13 year old

Who having a relationship with who is their own business, who am I to decide there is a problem or not?
I only have problem with you using the term "jailbait" here, it's incorrect in this case.
Old 2014-03-02, 22:03   Link #106
Renchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Why? How short can she be? I can't imagine she cannot find adult clothing her size in Japanese stores.

Anyway, my point had less to do with the clothes and more to do with the lack of real-life friends to take her shopping. When Minori suggests it, Akatsuki acts like it is one of the most surprising ideas she's ever heard.
Her appearance isn't that much different than her ET one, she looks like a cute middle schooler no matter how you see her. It's not really about clothing size but whether 'adult' clothing fits her without looking like a petite middle schooler trying too hard to looks mature. It's not surprising if his RL friends didn't really feel like inviting her to go shopping (that beside Akatsuki's shyness and complex).
Old 2014-03-02, 23:47   Link #107
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post

In Elder Tale, in Akiba to be precise, the Round Table MAKES the law, AFAIK they have some very general guidelines of what can or can't be done; but sex, marriage and whatnot seems so far to be unregulated atm. So the term jailbait does not apply, we haven't even seen if there is a jail in Akiba. If they ever return to our world it might apply, but it even seems that those are not their real bodies, so any proof of any illicit relationship would disappear when they return so they would have to continue to pursue a conduct that could be considered illegal. Any statement about having a relationship that spans several months in another world would be ludicrous to say the least since in our world time only a few hours would have elapsed.
Old 2014-03-03, 00:24   Link #108
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
. Any statement about having a relationship that spans several months in another world would be ludicrous to say the least since in our world time only a few hours would have elapsed.
I don't remember any statements how much time passes in the real world, or how much proof of it will remain.
Either way not just despicable from a legal PoV but also from a moral one.

And Shiroe is certainly aware of both.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2014-03-03, 00:34   Link #109
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
In Elder Tale, in Akiba to be precise, the Round Table MAKES the law, AFAIK they have some very general guidelines of what can or can't be done; but sex, marriage and whatnot seems so far to be unregulated atm. So the term jailbait does not apply, we haven't even seen if there is a jail in Akiba. If they ever return to our world it might apply, but it even seems that those are not their real bodies, so any proof of any illicit relationship would disappear when they return so they would have to continue to pursue a conduct that could be considered illegal. Any statement about having a relationship that spans several months in another world would be ludicrous to say the least since in our world time only a few hours would have elapsed.
where was told about it??? never was stated how work the difference between real word and ET timeline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
I don't remember any statements how much time passes in the real world, or how much proof of it will remain.

yep my big concer toward shiroe is minori, after this date, was pretty clear for anyone (specially for him) who she have a crushing towards him and keep fueling this feelings for now is not exactly "something good for him unless he is a true lolicon(what i somehow see since he have interest in akatsuki, but she is a "legal loli")

i have a question for ln after see this post about past-time, was explained in LN about "grow and age??, if adventures ages???, for exemple minori will be forever a 14 years old loli, until she leave ET???? or their age naturally(like humans) or if their age based on their races (like elfs and many dem-humans most of the times ages more slow than humans in fantasy) was explained how work that things, in the LN already passed 1 year or more???, if this can't be answered here please someone can pm with this, cus so far this not was talked in anime and maybe in novel was explained or maybe the writer explained in twitter or interviews, i remember who in SOA their real body in real world age but their avatars not.
Old 2014-03-03, 01:59   Link #110
Kamui04

Quote:

During the conversation with Reagan about the world class magic and world fraction. Shiroe remembers that 1 ET day = 2 Earth hours. Thus he was able to calculate from Reagan's comment that Shiroe appeared on records since 98 years ago which equaled 8 years in real life right around the time he started playing the game. Same applied to Second Fraction at 250 years ago when adventurers first appeared = a bit over 20 years when the ET Beta test started.

But that's only an assumption based on two points in time that intersected. And that's only before the third fraction. They don't know how the flow of time goes currently. But if it followed the same ratio, since they have lived a few months in this world, if they returned home right now they would have only disappeared for a couple of weeks.
Old 2014-03-03, 02:11   Link #111
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:

From a legal point of view Shiroe is aware that atm HE makes the laws in Akiba. From a mioral point of view, you make it sound like it is some kind of absolute, forgetting for most of human history being female, 14 years and married was not anything special, Elder Tales is supposedly medieval in nature so it would not be far fetched to think the people of the land would think likewise, what was the old adage "when in Rome, do as the romans".
Old 2014-03-03, 02:15   Link #112
The Green One

You know there is unlikely to be any actual relationship at all here, so all this debate about the morality is academic but ultimately unnecessary.
Old 2014-03-03, 02:23   Link #113
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui04 View Post
During the conversation with Reagan about the world class magic and world fraction. Shiroe remembers that 1 ET day = 2 Earth hours. Thus he was able to calculate from Reagan's comment that Shiroe appeared on records since 98 years ago which equaled 8 years in real life right around the time he started playing the game. Same applied to Second Fraction at 250 years ago when adventurers first appeared = a bit over 20 years when the ET Beta test started.

But that's only an assumption based on two points in time that intersected. And that's only before the third fraction. They don't know how the flow of time goes currently. But if it followed the same ratio, since they have lived a few months in this world, if they returned home right now they would have only disappeared for a couple of weeks.
I remembered that one, the post sounded more like the time still runs the same, which can't be said as long as we don't know what even happened to them.

Quote:
From a legal point of view Shiroe is aware that atm HE makes the laws in Akiba. From a mioral point of view, you make it sound like it is some kind of absolute, forgetting for most of human history being female, 14 years and married was not anything special, Elder Tales is supposedly medieval in nature so it would not be far fetched to think the people of the land would think likewise, what was the old adage "when in Rome, do as the romans".
In medieval times, it was nothing special yes.
People's lives were a lot shorter back then though, and and not only females were married at that age but males too.
So bar the occasional Lord's daugther getting married for political reasons the husband and wife's age were probably around the same age.

Age qualifications have a very good reasons and Minori's case, seeing Shiroe as something like a teacher is actually a pretty good example.

Old 2014-03-03, 03:06   Link #114
Hitenma
Behold! We are the Nine!

I don't care about the moral POV (as each one has his own) but I fail to see why the relationship between Shiroe & Minori (if there is) is illegal (real world's law, not Akiba's).
Old 2014-03-03, 03:09   Link #115
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
I remembered that one, the post sounded more like the time still runs the same, which can't be said as long as we don't know what even happened to them.
Until we know otherwise, I think it is safe to assume time still functions the same.

Quote:
In medieval times, it was nothing special yes.
People's lives were a lot shorter back then though, and and not only females were married at that age but males too.
So bar the occasional Lord's daugther getting married for political reasons the husband and wife's age were probably around the same age.
Occasional? It was quite common for the merchant, the farmer, etc. to marry their daughters to someone older of better social standing, so an age gap was not something heard of but mostly unseen.

Quote:
Age qualifications have a very good reasons and Minori's case, seeing Shiroe as something like a teacher is actually a pretty good example.
IMO that analogy goes to show that Minori's life experience is normal for a gitl her age, if she were older she would understand what Shiroe really is for her, a true leaders, limiiting him to the role of a pedagogue is somewhat offensive.
Old 2014-03-03, 07:54   Link #116
J4n1

Quote:
IMO that analogy goes to show that Minori's life experience is normal for a gitl her age, if she were older she would understand what Shiroe really is for her, a true leaders, limiiting him to the role of a pedagogue is somewhat offensive.
That is the role he plays to Minori, and how Minori sees him. it has nothing to do with who or what Shiroe actually is, only about Minori's perception.
And as i think i have previously noted, Minori has a very limited (and extremely idealized) picture of Shiroe.
Old 2014-03-03, 10:31   Link #117
xland44
Otaku

Ugh... Fillers....
Old 2014-03-03, 10:35   Link #118
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by xland44 View Post
Ugh... Fillers....
actually in the novels.
Old 2014-03-03, 15:13   Link #119
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Touya would probably tend to athletics
Probably wheelchair basketball *rimshot*
Old 2014-03-03, 18:55   Link #120
Ickarium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitenma View Post
I don't care about the moral POV (as each one has his own) but I fail to see why the relationship between Shiroe & Minori (if there is) is illegal (real world's law, not Akiba's).
Because Minori is canonly 14 years old. And while Japan as a whole has a legal age of 13, most prefectures much like US States and various laws, further limit this age. For instance, in Tokyo itself, the legal age is 18 years old. This is pretty typical.

So legally, Shiroe screwing Minori, at least in Japan itself? Illegal. In this world there are no laws except what you make. But I'd be pretty squicked at a man in his early to mid twenties having a relationship with a fourteen year old.