AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-03-04, 18:53   Link #1541
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
No. Remember that Hirata planted a trap on Tenma before.
Why are you telling me No? all capital like. You just listed the "evidence against" I was referring too.
You helped me, don't tell me "No."
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 18:57   Link #1542
ta2666

You do realize that no was capitalized because it was the first word in the sentence, right?
ta2666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 19:01   Link #1543
BW95
Banned

And I quoted the wrong post.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 19:03   Link #1544
ta2666

And u probably should have used a comma in stead of starting a new sentence.
Hehehehehehe
ta2666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 19:34   Link #1545
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2666 View Post
You do realize that no was capitalized because it was the first word in the sentence, right?
Well, " No." With the full stop Made me feel like he was making a point.
Old 2014-03-04, 19:35   Link #1546
Dragonking

Alright so I have a question what was up with Kurahashi when she was looking at Tenma and is there something about Tenma that we should know about? Also what happens with the schoolyard gang after Harutora's escape

Dragonking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 19:51   Link #1547
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonking View Post
Alright so I have a question what was up with Kurahashi when she was looking at Tenma and is there something about Tenma that we should know about? Also what happens with the schoolyard gang after Harutora's escape
It was her power-up. She can read stars I think and predict the future.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 21:48   Link #1548
tuckersister

I still think there will be third party antagonist behind the shadow that neither side is aware of. The person will probably be much clever than Yakou.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 22:07   Link #1549
sorenman1

I still.think Yakou's monk friend.is plotting against him.
sorenman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 22:38   Link #1550
Ultraviolet X

Speculating on furture devolpments for the LN. Alrighty, ill join in for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenman1 View Post
I still.think Yakou's monk friend.is plotting against him.
I imagine alot of people will be. Quite a few people will be trying to make use of him, given who he is and his influence in the shaman community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
I still think there will be third party antagonist behind the shadow that neither side is aware of. The person will probably be much clever than Yakou.
Well, I imagine alot of people will be trying to use yakou, for the most part I doubt they will be much more then side characters though, certainly not to the degree your implying.

The MC is now Natsume, and we have the antagonist being the Omyou Agency, the mystery goal of yakou and why he reincarnated. Not to mention what the fanatics will be up to now yakou is up and about. While we do get some hints on what Yakou/Harutora is after, its not really stated. After all, those things might be the issues Harutora noted and wanted to fix, rather then the reasons Yakou went and reincarnated himself. Theres really no need for something like a hidden, mastermind evil antagonist.

From what happened in volume 10, my gueses towards some of the things he wants to do:

"fixing" Natsumes status (Hybrid)
Doing "something" sbout the Omyou agency (not sure what)

P.S. From now on ill be calling Harutora/Yakou as YakoTora, seems much more easier and appropriate.

Last edited by Ultraviolet X; 2014-03-04 at 23:51.
Ultraviolet X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 23:03   Link #1551
sorenman1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
Speculating on furture devolpments for the LN. Alrighty, ill join in for this.

I imagine alot of people will be. Quite a few people will be trying to make use of him, given who he is and his influence in the shaman community.

Well, I imagine alot of people will be trying to use yakou, for the most part I doubt they will be much more then side characters though, certainly not to the degree your implying.

The MC is now Natsume, and we have the antagonist being the Omyou Agency, the mystery goal of yakou and why he reincarnated. Not to mention what the fanatics will be up to now yakou is up and about. While we do get some hints on what Yakou/Harutora is after, its not really stated. After all, those things might be the issues Harutora noted and wanted to fix, rather then the reasons Yakou went and reincarnated himself. Theres really no need for something like that.

From what happened in volume 10, my gueses towards some of the things he wants to do:

"fixing" Natsumes status (Hybrid)
Doing "something" sbout the Omyou agency (not sure what)

P.S. From now on ill be calling Harutora/Yakou as YakoTora, seems much more easier and appropriate.
You bring up some good points. The key is YakoTora end goal. I imagine he would want to rid of the corruption of the Agency and just rid of magic completely, though that's.my take could be wrong.
sorenman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 23:17   Link #1552
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenman1 View Post
You bring up some good points. The key is YakoTora end goal. I imagine he would want to rid of the corruption of the Agency and just rid of magic completely, though that's.my take could be wrong.
That was something I thought at first, but after thinking about it, it seems too simple. My thoughts on this is that this is something he added to the list like he did Natsume or he intends to do more then simply wiping out the Agency. I doubt it would be getting rid of magic completly. He seems to value the "traditional" arts.

Maybe changing the agency in a way that the power cant be abused and returning the modern arts back to its old roots? The Agency, or rather Genji currently have a free hand in magic related matters, which led to the abuse of there power. To sum it up, I think he plans to reform the agency and magic in general, like he did before, if thats his main goal.

Last edited by Ultraviolet X; 2014-03-04 at 23:41.
Ultraviolet X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 02:44   Link #1553
tntsgoboom

Has anyone here read the light novels? If so can someone message me (PLEASE!) and answer two of my questions that would spoil it for others if I asked here in a post. Thank you!
tntsgoboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 04:30   Link #1554
Breimoon

this is LIGHT NOVEL section so no need to worry about spoilers..... just ask here
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 04:37   Link #1555
Iron Maw
Banned

I'm highly amused at the comments in the anime thread regarding Ohtomo and Douman being able take the Agency when he's there. Miyachi gonna cause jaws to drop next episode if budgeted appropriately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
this is LIGHT NOVEL section so no need to worry about spoilers..... just ask here
This.

Put it in spoiler tags if will make you feel better.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 04:46   Link #1556
Zilch_Saber
+ Demonic_Angel +
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntsgoboom View Post
Has anyone here read the light novels? If so can someone message me (PLEASE!) and answer two of my questions that would spoil it for others if I asked here in a post. Thank you!
Well, why does ask and answer in this thread? It is not an anime thread and most of us already know what is happening until the latest volume of the light novel. So, no one will be spoiled if you post anything or not.

<--- Too sarcastic...Gomenasai
Old 2014-03-05, 04:50   Link #1557
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
I'm highly amused at the comments in the anime thread regarding Ohtomo and Douman being able take the Agency when he's there. Miyachi gonna cause jaws to drop next episode if budgeted appropriately.

This.

Put it in spoiler tags if will make you feel better.
Can you please direct me to the post, or general pages it could be around, that fully describe Miyachi and his OPness?

I must've missed it if someone completely described it, but I tried to scour all the pages as much as I could stand to sit still, but after so many shipping questions, arguments, is this person this, does this person do that, and the flood devoted to volume 10, I must've tuned out and missed it again.

It's like Miyachi is an inside joke I'm not part of. Please, help me be one of the cool kids.
Old 2014-03-05, 05:04   Link #1558
Iron Maw
Banned

That's because their isn't a detailed post, but according to LN readers like verisonf:

Not only he the strongest modern mage, but the only one who can fight Douman on equal ground without any tricks or prep time. All just using his complete mastery of fire spells hence his nick "Fire Demon".

As her where he stands in a Tier list of DGs made by versionf:

Quote:
Originally Posted by versionf View Post
Suzuka is better in every way except shikigami. This is based purely on my opinion.

Miyachi > (Yase Doji) Shidou > Amami => (part 1) Otomo = Kogure > Mari > (sealed) Kagami > Yamashiro => (part 1) Suzuka > Miyoshi

Natsume at her best (part 2) is between Yamashiro and Suzuka.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 05:07   Link #1559
tntsgoboom

Oh my mistake I didn't realize. I have a bunch of questions and everything I've tried to look up didn't give me a good enough understanding. So I came here! If any of you can answer any one of these I'd really appreciate it!

If any of you have seen the last two episodes of the anime Natsume died while trying to save harutora after the raven coat started to possess him.

I'm really curious if Natsume is brought back to life with the Taizan Fukun Ritual?

Does Harutora's memories as Yakou Tsuchimikado come back to him? Thereby unlocking his "full potential"?

What is the deal with Tenma Momoe?

What is Takiko Souma really after?

The information on Suzu Saotome is so vague. What is her role exactly?

Also can someone explain the different factions a bit to me as I found it confusing. From what I understand Miyo Kurahashi is the director of Onmyoji Academy and her son is the head of the Onmyo Agency. Does the Onmyo Agency want Harutora to use his powers? Is the Agency working against the Academy.

and what is the difference between the Onmyo Agency and the Twin Horn syndicate?

Thanks for trying to answer any one of these =)
tntsgoboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 05:26   Link #1560
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
That's because their isn't a detailed post, but according to LN readers like verisonf:

Not only he the strongest modern mage, but the only one who can fight Douman on equal ground without any tricks or prep time. All just using his complete mastery of fire spells hence his nick "Fire Demon".

As her where he stands in a Tier list of DGs made by versionf:
AHHH that's it then. There was nothing specific to find so I couldn't have found it. I'll really never be one of the cool kids.

Either way, thank you so much. The information is a bit vague, but I more or less understand how impressive he is now. All that's left is to keep the arduous "So how does Miyachi stack up to Yakou" Questions to myself, since I'm sure they've been asked and met with many a sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntsgoboom View Post
Oh my mistake I didn't realize. I have a bunch of questions and everything I've tried to look up didn't give me a good enough understanding. So I came here! If any of you can answer any one of these I'd really appreciate it!

If any of you have seen the last two episodes of the anime Natsume died while trying to save harutora after the raven coat started to possess him.

I'm really curious if Natsume is brought back to life with the Taizan Fukun Ritual?

Does Harutora's memories as Yakou Tsuchimikado come back to him? Thereby unlocking his "full potential"?

What is the deal with Tenma Momoe?

What is Takiko Souma really after?

The information on Suzu Saotome is so vague. What is her role exactly?

Also can someone explain the different factions a bit to me as I found it confusing. From what I understand Miyo Kurahashi is the director of Onmyoji Academy and her son is the head of the Onmyo Agency. Does the Onmyo Agency want Harutora to use his powers? Is the Agency working against the Academy.

and what is the difference between the Onmyo Agency and the Twin Horn syndicate?

Thanks for trying to answer any one of these =)
You know most of these questions are answered through the forum multiple times.

But from my scouring I can answer a few.

1. Yes Natsume is brought back, she's up walking around and doing things, even decided to undertake a quest to find her true love. The details of the resurrection are complicated though, but she's back.

2. Tenma is more or less used by a few antagonists a few times. He sort of drops out of the picture that we've seen so far in part 2.

3. Takiko is a miko from the Souma family and she's after basically what she states she's after, to fulfill Yakou's goal. As to what that goal is, it's speculated that it may be world domination via Onmyouji supremacy. Creating a more magically dependent society where Onmyouji can continue to exist and be useful forever.

4. Suzu is mostly a researcher, specializing in Yakou's imperial style magic. She's sort of his follower in an aspect. She more so follows his doctrine and magical thesis and theory instead of any of his specific goals or personal choices. Think of it as an intern looking up to a professor and following his research, instead of a devotee following a cult leader. That's the sort of "Yakou follower" she can be described as being. From what I know she's currently helping Yakoutora with whatever he's up too.

Different factions sort of break down in importance after part 1. The twin horn syndicate and Omnyo Agency are after 2 different things. Omnyo director genji wants to install a Tsuchimikadou "king" as a figurehead for his magically supreme society, Twin Horn basically have followers who blindly worship Yakou, or followers who want to fulfill his "will".

The academy and the agency aren't really for or against eachother, it's different parts of the same system sometimes working for different goals or going in different directions, hence they don't always align in the end game.

Again Genji Kurahashi (SP?) who is the director of Omnyo agency want's a powerful figure head. He wants Harutora more for political purpose than to make him work for him. Apparently Miyachi's enough to have for that.

That's what I know. After 29 pages of spoilers I almost sound like I know what I'm talking about.

Edit* I skipped one. Harutora's Yakou memories do come back. It's akin to someone with Amnesia getting their memories back so its a "slowly but surely process" After he revives Natsume there's a 1 year time skip, and he's speculated to basically be back to his full potential when he is reintroduced, but we're not completely sure. We are more or less sure that he's at least half way there.

Tags
action, fantasia bunko, harem, romance, supernatural