AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-03-05, 03:10   Link #101
bones

She doesn't love him though, she has been growing closer to Issei in the past few volumes. The problem with Sona x Saji is that Sona has already stated that she doesn't see him as boyfriend but as a little brother. The author could have used Saji's battle in this volume as a way to bring them closer but he stopped short of that. Which pretty much speaks volumes about who he intends for her to end up with. Personally, I would rather she be Issei as the alternative would place Sona in the sidekick character team and I would rather see more of her than less
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 03:23   Link #102
sunsengnim
Highschool DxD Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
She doesn't love him though, she has been growing closer to Issei in the past few volumes. The problem with Sona x Saji is that Sona has already stated that she doesn't see him as boyfriend but as a little brother. The author could have used Saji's battle in this volume as a way to bring them closer but he stopped short of that. Which pretty much speaks volumes about who he intends for her to end up with. Personally, I would rather she be Issei as the alternative would place Sona in the sidekick character team and I would rather see more of her than less
i completely agree if he wanted to hook up sona and saji he would've done so by now.
he even created the perfect opportunity in volume 17 and went lolnope saji!

so either he's planning on making her fall in love with issei or she's just gonna stay alone while saji keeps trying forever and then she falls in love with someone else and saji kills him and then becomes a fugitive and after that issei is gonna have to put him down as a last act of their friendship.

so yeah issei x sona im all for it or he can just completely begin ignoring sona's group wich also works but is kinda sad since sona is a good character and doesn't deserve a side side kick character spot.
sunsengnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 05:10   Link #103
Direwolf18

I personally think its going to be Sona x Saji and one of the major catalysts is going to be the events in this chapter. Not every relationship needs to be the love at first sight thing. I would be really disappointed actually if it doesn't go that route.
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 07:06   Link #104
Tbolt

In a spoiler it said Sona cries and was happy Saji reached BB and help save the school but it's not tears of affection or love.
Old 2014-03-05, 08:39   Link #105
sky black swordman

As far as Issei going after Sona is concerned that not likely to happen. Issei thinks of Sona as a friend and nothing more. Issei admires and respects Sona and may even think she attractive but he does not have romantic feelings for her. Issei would never make a move her because he knows that his (and Sona's servant) friend Saji is in love with Sona. When the opportunity presents itself Issei goes out of his way to help Saji by point Sona in Saji's direction. For example, when Sona considered getting a boyfriend Issei recommended Saji but she reject his choice. For reasons that she sees as a younger brother and two members of her group have feelings for him and would not make on him because of it.

Sona falling for Issei and going after him is another story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsengnim View Post
about issei's trauma it's healing slowly thanks to the girls.
especially asia, akeno, koneko figured out that's the reason and knew it was also their fault for not acting upon it sooner and gave him some confidence by reassuring him their feelings are true.
he's slowly getting more confidence and getting better at handling them all.
give it a few more volumes and we'll see him bloom into the harem king he's meant to be!
Yeah, it is somewhat hard to believe that not a single one of the girls (including Rias) realized that Issei had stiil not recovered emotionally and psychologically from his ordeal with Raynare. Despite the fact that (according to Akeno) Issei would occasionally look at them with eyes full of fear. Poor guy felt that if he did something weird to them they would hate or ridicule him or that they may do the same thing that Raynare did to him.
Old 2014-03-05, 08:56   Link #106
Chris38

Regarding Ise's trauma ... I think that after the events of volume 10, he is slowly getting over it.

It might be slow paced, but you can see the improvement when you look at Ise's interactions with the girls around him and compare it with how he behaved before volume 10 occurred.

And I believe that volume 17 is going to provide even more evidence that Ise is recovering from his trauma, considering the fact that Rossweisse is going to announce herself as Ise's girlfriend in it...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 09:25   Link #107
Crimson Bloodriver
*Artist

Quote:
I would rather she be Issei as the alternative would place Sona in the sidekick character team and I would rather see more of her than less
Sona is a side character for one thing. And even if she falls for Issei it is not guaranteed that she will get any screen time. Look at poor Irina who is barely going to get here screen time in volume 18. Also, Sona has already gotten quiet a lot of screen time compared to other characters (more than Irina). Plus she is part of the antiterrorist group DxD: comprised of the rookie 4 youth devils, The Vali Team, The Joker of Heaven, and Slash Dog. I don't think the author would have gone to the trouble of creating this group if he was just going to ignore these characters and not give them any screen time.
Crimson Bloodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 10:17   Link #108
bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Bloodriver View Post
Sona is a side character for one thing. And even if she falls for Issei it is not guaranteed that she will get any screen time. Look at poor Irina who is barely going to get here screen time in volume 18. Also, Sona has already gotten quiet a lot of screen time compared to other characters (more than Irina). Plus she is part of the antiterrorist group DxD: comprised of the rookie 4 youth devils, The Vali Team, The Joker of Heaven, and Slash Dog. I don't think the author would have gone to the trouble of creating this group if he was just going to ignore these characters and not give them any screen time.
I don't think she's going to get any screen time just because she's part of DxD, the ones more likely to get screen time are Vali's team, Dulio and Slash Dog. The thing is Sona has something that no one else has, tactics. We saw in an earlier volume what a excellent tactician can do with a extraordinarily powerful team. Irina by contrast doesn't really offer anything unique.
Old 2014-03-05, 10:46   Link #109
Crimson Bloodriver
*Artist

Quote:
I don't think she's going to get any screen time just because she's part of DxD, the ones more likely to get screen time are Vali's team, Dulio and Slash Dog. The thing is Sona has something that no one else has, tactics. We saw in an earlier volume what a excellent tactician can do with a extraordinarily powerful team. Irina by contrast doesn't really offer anything unique.
Thats exactly my point. She gets a lot of screen time because of her tactics. There is no need for her to be in love with anyone in order to get screen time. She is the best tactician in DxD. So it is almost guaranteed that she will get screen time. I see Dulio and Slash Dog getting screen time but definitely not as much as Sona. After all, Sona goes to the same school as the Gremory. She has shown up in almost every volume either by being mentioned or playing a role in the plot of the volume. (Being in love with Issei does not equal lots of screen time).
Old 2014-03-05, 10:53   Link #110
bones

It's her tactical ability that makes her a unique character but that doesn't guarantee her screen time. The guessing game the author created that keeps fans wondering who she'll pick to be her boyfriend does.
Old 2014-03-05, 11:18   Link #111
Crimson Bloodriver
*Artist

Quote:
It's her tactical ability that makes her a unique character but that doesn't guarantee her screen time. The guessing game the author created that keeps fans wondering who she'll pick to be her boyfriend does.
Yup. Guessing on who her boyfriend will be keeps interest in her as a character. I personally would kind of enjoy if she remained a strong single female character. She is single right now and she has already shown/been mentioned in every volume except 1 and 8.
Old 2014-03-05, 12:19   Link #112
ObsidianFrost

In Volume 6 Issei trigged the incomplete JUGGERNAUT DRIVE, and even Vali's is said to be incomplete. Im just wondering if ultimatley to harness the full power of BG or DD is to achieve the Complete Juggernaut Drive. Ddraig said that the past Senpais wherent complete either, so who thinks that the final battle agianst 666 is going to be issei in the complete juggernaut Drive?

Throughout the series when it is mentioned about Issei or even Vali i feel the author has put empathesis on the fact they are not complete. Issei is now able to use Vali's power through stamina reduction isntead of life force reduction so i see it as possible,

They also stated that the Complete Juggernaut Drive is the TRUE power of the Two Heavenly Dragons. It would be awsome to see issei achieve the perfect form, where him an Ddraig become one and the power to destroy God and the Maous is unleashed.

Of course i could be completley wrong jsut thought about that as i was reading the series over.
ObsidianFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 12:25   Link #113
Chris38

@ObsidianFrost

You are completely wrong, since Ise isn't capable of using Juggernaut Drive anymore.

He can use and master his Cardinal Crimson Queen though, which is the equivalent of Juggernaut Drive that doesn't drain Ise's life force.

And we might see him use a mastered CCQ in the fight against 666 ... although, it most likely won't be the only thing that Ise is going to use in that battle...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 12:32   Link #114
Tbolt

The Vali team is a team in name only now because the only ones left in the team are Vali and Arthur.

Arthur gave Le Fay to Ise and when she signs the contract she won't leave Ise.

Azazel puts Rias and Ise in charge of Kuroka and she agrees.

Sun Wukong tells Bikou to come if he calls.

And Ise gets the dog.

Last edited by Tbolt; 2014-03-05 at 19:31.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 12:38   Link #115
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
\

And Ise gets the dog.
When? O_O
I don't remember that.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 12:47   Link #116
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
When? O_O
I don't remember that.
T'was a joke, plus Le Fay takes care of Fenrir and since Ise and Le Fay will be working together now Ise may become better acquainted with the version of Fenrir-chan that won't kill him.
Old 2014-03-05, 12:56   Link #117
b10nutz

Quote:
And Ise gets the dog.
Issei had a good attorney if he even got the dog, Vali can only cry in Arthur's arms after this divorce.
b10nutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 13:05   Link #118
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by b10nutz View Post
Issei had a good attorney if he even got the dog, Vali can only cry in Arthur's arms after this divorce.
That would mean Issei was the woman of the relationship, and he's way too badass to be an Uke.
Great, now I'm going to have nightmares involving Issei and Vali.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 13:08   Link #119
Tbolt

Le Fay has Fenrir, that will be a big surprise to the bad guys when it steps from behind Ise.

Last edited by Tbolt; 2014-03-05 at 13:48.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 17:45   Link #120
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Le Fay has Fenrir, that will be a big surprise to the bad guys when it steps from behind Ise.
Have you forgotten Gogmagog too, Le Fay can summon Gogmagog beside fenrir
Spoiler:

Tags
harem, romance, spoiler