AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-02-28, 19:53   Link #2161
amrul

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
Bit puzzled here. All the ring stuff this episode was anime original, unless my memory just fails spectacularly (it happens). Bench talk, Nana train, ice cream talk, tea people, etc, etc. Wonder if it's taken out of the still unpublished vol 8. Probably not.

Anyway, there's still a ton of stuff left to happen in vol 7, so I have no idea how they'll finish it all up in one single episode. Unless they give vol 8 just two final episodes, but then that would seem rushed. Could the show still end up being 26 in total?

Maybe we'll be lucky, and the anime staff completely ignores vol 8 and write their very own ending, so I can stay unspoiled until I get the stupid book shipped. That would explain the massive ring focus.
The bench talk with linda and the ice cream talk were in the novel. But I don't remember reading about linda and the tea club duo talking about attendance abd the ring. Looking at the preview, I think the 7th book will be finished by then. So by the time the last volume come out, the rest of the episodes are beyond the 7th volume.

Alternative ending would be a good choice I think
amrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 20:31   Link #2162
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrul View Post
The bench talk with linda and the ice cream talk were in the novel. But I don't remember reading about linda and the tea club duo talking about attendance abd the ring.
It's the bench scene with Kouko and not finding the ring I'm talking about. No recollection of that in the book, but I have insane plot amnesia. Ice cream talk - they bring up Exorcist, which was completely isolated in the 3rd gaiden book, so that seems anime original to me? Maybe it's been mixed into something else.

Bench with Linda wasn't even in this episode, surely?
Old 2014-02-28, 21:47   Link #2163
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Ah, I missed seeing the Tea Club girls.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-01, 06:33   Link #2164
amrul

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
It's the bench scene with Kouko and not finding the ring I'm talking about. No recollection of that in the book, but I have insane plot amnesia. Ice cream talk - they bring up Exorcist, which was completely isolated in the 3rd gaiden book, so that seems anime original to me? Maybe it's been mixed into something else.

Bench with Linda wasn't even in this episode, surely?
Ah, about the bench scene with kouko? Yeah I also don't remember reading about that. Ice cream talk was in the book, just like in the anime, Chinami's tactic of avoiding being with banri

Bench episode with linda was at the previous episode (the one talking about mitsuo and banri's thought of revealing his past), just before chinami entered the scene.
amrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-01, 09:48   Link #2165
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrul View Post
Ah, about the bench scene with kouko? Yeah I also don't remember reading about that. Ice cream talk was in the book, just like in the anime, Chinami's tactic of avoiding being with banri

Bench episode with linda was at the previous episode (the one talking about mitsuo and banri's thought of revealing his past), just before chinami entered the scene.
Sorry, I'm clearly being very bad at describing scenes. By "ice cream talk" I'm referring to the café scene with Kouko and Banri, where she's eating something with a spoon. Maybe it's some kind of fancy coffee rather than an ice cream, which would explain the confusion. (In hindsight it was way too ambiguous considering Oka's chocolate cravings earlier.)

I'm aware of the Linda bench scene being in the book, it just seems irrelevant since I'm discussing anime original content in ep 20 in particular. Yet people keep bringing it up. -_-
Old 2014-03-01, 10:44   Link #2166
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Hopefully this newest memory crisis will precipitate some climax of the split-personality issue in one of the next episodes. I don't think they can adequately address it if they leave it until the very last episode.

Also, really not a fan of the Chinami character now with the way she is acting towards Banri.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 05:34   Link #2167
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
If you dropped it after 8 episodes, when it was at its peak, I wouldn't recommend resuming right now. So far this series had a considerable drop in quality starting from its second cour (ep.13).
well... for me, the peak is in 13 episode
but considering it's Pocari, I won't suggest him/her to watch this because this series also has its downfall and could get into very boring episode

why that personality keep summoned?
I thought we're going to watch Linda-Chinami-Yana until the end of series (and at the end would be a proposal to Koko)
well, watching the preview we could assume that it isn't bringing any problem to Banri since he seems cheerful
and once again Linda is the one who found Banri
you can't underestimate osanana-jimi at all
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 02:34   Link #2168
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I... I don't even know how to feel about things right now. Chinami being cold towards Banri for little reason (I would even say bitchy, honestly -- when she gave him her spiel at the end of the last episode, I immediately said "Wow, what a bitch"), Yana being pathetic and not giving Linda space, and Present Banri and Past Banri apparently doing some sort of weird fusion?

Watching this wrap itself up over the few remaining episodes is not going to be an easy process, lol.
Old 2014-03-03, 02:46   Link #2169
EroKing

No kidding, I thought for sure most of them would be married by this point. Too bad they don't make shows like Itazura na Kiss these days
Old 2014-03-04, 20:06   Link #2170
Preciize
Them Feels~

Not sure on how to feel about this episode, especially ghost Banri coming back. I don't mind the memories slowly slipping back to present Banri, but I'd hate to see ghost Banri suddenly taking control over Banri's body again. Then, there's still Oka-chan as well as Yana's situation with Linda.
Old 2014-03-05, 00:28   Link #2171
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preciize View Post
Not sure on how to feel about this episode, especially ghost Banri coming back. I don't mind the memories slowly slipping back to present Banri, but I'd hate to see ghost Banri suddenly taking control over Banri's body again. Then, there's still Oka-chan as well as Yana's situation with Linda.
I ask myself whether this truly is ghost Banri. Remember, ghost Banri knows about what happend after that accident. The version that came about the last episode was utterly confused and thought he was still on that bridge.
Old 2014-03-06, 01:05   Link #2172
Preciize
Them Feels~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
I ask myself whether this truly is ghost Banri. Remember, ghost Banri knows about what happend after that accident. The version that came about the last episode was utterly confused and thought he was still on that bridge.
Good point, it's like that version of Banri finally woke up after being knocked out for so long.
Old 2014-03-06, 14:14   Link #2173
7T.

wow..it seems that the producer get the volume.8 so early..
7T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 16:30   Link #2174
KagaKoko
Fully Fledged Watcher

Ughhh I just don't know what to think with this show now...I mean its all over the place in terms of pacing and writing. Banri just doesn't have the balls to spit out what needs to be said and Koko has dumped him at the end pretty much. This is probably in relation to the tablets etc that she had seen earlier.

The next episode preview confuses me as it looks like a mix of happy and sad and a happy Koko at the end.
Old 2014-03-06, 16:52   Link #2175
mitsuganae

Ugh. I keep thinking how utterly contrived the ratcheting up of the drama feels -- shades of Toradora's final "crisis" I suppose.
mitsuganae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 17:32   Link #2176
Kakurin
大佐

Well, okay, now Banri's a total trainwreck. Mentally unstable to a degree he really could disappear at every moment unless you mention Kouko. But... what the hell are you doing Kouko? I do agree that it is most likely related to the medicine she found earlier in addition to hearing that he ran away. Perhaps she's thinking that she failed in trying to be there for him and calm him down and it's better to step out rather than let him continue to force himself using medicine. Then again, what the heck was the matter with Kouko and Banri in that preview?
Old 2014-03-06, 17:35   Link #2177
KagaKoko
Fully Fledged Watcher

Quote:
Well, okay, now Banri's a total trainwreck. Mentally unstable to a degree he really could disappear at every moment unless you mention Kouko. But... what the hell are you doing Kouko? I do agree that it is most likely related to the medicine she found earlier in addition to hearing that he ran away. Perhaps she's thinking that she failed in trying to be there for him and calm him down and it's better to step out rather than let him continue to force himself using medicine. Then again, what the heck was the matter with Kouko and Banri in that preview?
Mmm that preview literally made no sense to me, we had a dramatic end and it looks like they have shrugged it off in the preview. I really hope it isn't like a half episode break up and realization sort of thing. I am expecting this to be all the way to the finale and they do the bench scene at the end like in the opening.
Old 2014-03-06, 17:37   Link #2178
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by KagaKoko View Post
Mmm that preview literally made no sense to me, we had a dramatic end and it looks like they have shrugged it off in the preview. I really hope it isn't like a half episode break up and realization sort of thing. I am expecting this to be all the way to the finale and they do the bench scene at the end like in the opening.
Yeah, I was pretty stunned at the preview. The only thing that made halfway sense is Banri in the room the festival club used looking pretty down and the one together with Nana-senpai. Other than that the guys all looked pretty normal and happy...
Old 2014-03-06, 17:51   Link #2179
KagaKoko
Fully Fledged Watcher

Quote:
Yeah, I was pretty stunned at the preview. The only thing that made halfway sense is Banri in the room the festival club used looking pretty down and the one together with Nana-senpai. Other than that the guys all looked pretty normal and happy...
Or is it dreaded filler?.....no it can't be right at the end. I just wish they went the Toradora route and had them all as friends so when this sort of drama happened it wouldn't be as damaging to them as it is when they are together. All in all I feel sorry for Koko the most, yes its not Banri's wish to be like this but he lacks the guts to tell the truth about his issues. That way she may have understood the situation more, maybe she would have still left him but it would have been on a supportive note not a 'goodbye' walks away note.
Old 2014-03-06, 18:12   Link #2180
bakaouji

Or maybe he's started hallucinating. I doubt that but I'd definitely not want that to be the case. What I can't understand is, why the heck doesn't he just tell his friends instead of being roundabout with them? Give it to them straight! That alone would've taken a load off his chest.

And this mental sickness is a little too convenient. For whatever reason the memories from his previous life are trying to supplant his current identity.

Maybe Koko is trying shock therapy--- trying to psyche him out--- or maybe she's giving him the chance to decide which Banri he wants to be.
bakaouji is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
college, comedy, drama, love triangle, romance, seinen