AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Should Sergay sacrifice his virture to save the world?
Yes, Sleep with Nina, sacrifice himself and save the world 49 54.44%
No, refuse Nina and watch the world burn. 41 45.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-18, 07:03   Link #21
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Sergey should do what is best for the world.

(Seems KGNE strategy is popular these days...)

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Old 2006-03-18, 07:14   Link #22
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
If Sergay was logical, he would do the deed.

But he is a hero. And heroes are idiots. (that doesn't make them bad people; just idiotic)
Agreed, mostly. Sure, its not the "smartest" (IE. in this case, nasty and heartless ) way out, but at the very least it is decent. Forfeiting conscience, moral and honor for the sake of cold, efficient expediency is the very definition of evil.

However, making the world a nastier place one person at a time is NOT "smart", for the human race as a whole. For those who do care, would you honestly want your child to live in a world where it is "right" to grow up to be a selfish tyrant who perceives stepping over the happiness, hopes and dreams of others as a more-than-acceptable path to success and glory? If everyone in this world was "logical" as opposed to "stupid" (IE. Heroic and decent), we would be a race of murderers and sadists, nothing more.

If being kind and unselfish is "stupid," I'd personally pick "stupidity" over "ingenuity" without hesitation.
Frankly, the world would be a much more pleasant place if it were populated by more stupid-and-good-hearted people than smart-and-heartless ones.

Edit: And for crying out loud, why only the two most cynical and nihilistic choices? Mai Otome is Heroic Fantasy for crying out loud!! Shouldn't there also be the choice of "Don't Take Her, and Lay Down Your Life For The World" as well?

Last edited by Ronin Aquila; 2006-03-18 at 07:28.
Old 2006-03-18, 07:47   Link #23
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Edit: And for crying out loud, why only the two most cynical and nihilistic choices? Mai Otome is Heroic Fantasy for crying out loud!! Shouldn't there also be the choice of "Don't Take Her, and Lay Down Your Life For The World" as well?
Didn't you read what I wrote earlier?

Because it IS fantasy, there is automatically another way out. That's the luxury of fiction.

We can't always live in fiction, Ronin. Fact of the matter is, if he doesn't do something about it now, he would be responsible for her death later when Sergay attempts to betray Nagi. (This won't actually happen, because the golden rule of most fiction is "If hero let the one chance to stop evil to slip from his fingers, there will always be another chance generated later)

So WHAT if both choices suck? It happens! There isn't always an option that makes everyone happy, especially with someone like Sergay, who has no superpowers of his own. We can't always expect Mai or Miyu to save the day.

Now, hundreds if not thousands of innocent people would die, just so you can see the battle scenes you've always wanted to see. AND Nina will also die in Sergay's hands. Happy?

I told you. There is no perfect choices. Sergay knows for each day Nina still has her powers, Nagi is using her to murder more people across the planet. Can you live with that?

Quote:
If being kind and unselfish is "stupid," I'd personally pick "stupidity" over "ingenuity" without hesitation.
Kind? Unselfish?
Exactly what makes millions of people suffer horrible deaths at the hands of your daughter, unselfish? Exactly what makes killing her by killing her master, kind?

All I can see is a lack of the big picture. All those nameless people off-screen are just kill-counts to you, because they don't have a name, and you don't know their faces. A hero can't see the big picture. He or she would save the princess even if that means death of galaxies. THAT's what I mean by stupid.

Sergay cared more about his moral code than the safety and future of his daughter, as well as the peril the world would be in if Nina stayed as Nagi's Otome. He, just like you, won't care about the city Nina wiped out the day before, that was once filled with men, women and children.

There would just be the code. The moral code that tells you to do it this way even if everyone else had to pay the price of your actions with their lives.

Thanks, hero. For killing us all.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2006-03-18 at 08:00.
Old 2006-03-18, 08:07   Link #24
Retsoor

>> I told you. There is no perfect choices. Sergay knows for each day Nina still has her powers, Nagi is using her to murder more people across the planet. Can you live with that?

I don't think that is Sergey's major beef right now. Sergey is (presumably) still with Nagi because he thinks the world will be the better for it, he follows Nagi because of his dreams - counterfeit or no. Only a fool would think that this wouldn't have ended in major bloodshed, and as such, to him the end justifies the means.

Nina, however, is his beef. She's proved to be a lot more fragile than previously thought, and she will break soon. She won't have a mental breakdown, but she will break in some fundamental way inside. Sergey can also speed things up if he decides to shun Nina.

In the end, I believe Sergey will break his allegiance to Nagi, not for the sake of peace or Rena's corpse's sanctity, but because he had misjudged Nina and because he doesn't have the mental fortitude (or cruelty, if you will) to watch her suffer.
Old 2006-03-18, 08:44   Link #25
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retsoor
>> I told you. There is no perfect choices. Sergay knows for each day Nina still has her powers, Nagi is using her to murder more people across the planet. Can you live with that?

I don't think that is Sergey's major beef right now. Sergey is (presumably) still with Nagi because he thinks the world will be the better for it, he follows Nagi because of his dreams - counterfeit or no. Only a fool would think that this wouldn't have ended in major bloodshed, and as such, to him the end justifies the means.

Nina, however, is his beef. She's proved to be a lot more fragile than previously thought, and she will break soon. She won't have a mental breakdown, but she will break in some fundamental way inside. Sergey can also speed things up if he decides to shun Nina.

In the end, I believe Sergey will break his allegiance to Nagi, not for the sake of peace or Rena's corpse's sanctity, but because he had misjudged Nina and because he doesn't have the mental fortitude (or cruelty, if you will) to watch her suffer.
That comment you quoted wasn't actually aimed at Sergay; I know Ronin is into heroism, so the question was aimed at him.

On that note, I can't really find a fault in your argument. It may be exactly as you described. But the issue still remained, that Nina's life is still bound to Nagi's. There is a possibility that some mysterious equipment at Gardrobe might be able to break the contract, but that would be difficult to get to before the good guys win. We also know that Miyu is unable to break such contracts. (which rules out anyone else helping out... If Miyu can't do it, nobody can.)

I assume, from your statements, that you believe Sergay will kill Nagi along with Nina, because he believe Nina is better off dead than being Nagi's pawn?
That's a possibility. Spending too long a time with Nagi can turn anyone crazy.

If that's the case, though, it would be as good an excuse as any to pull a reset just to bring Nina back...

(You know what would be crazy? If everyone who has ever Green-sparkled are in fact teleported to the Blue Star and put into cryogenic sleep. )
Old 2006-03-18, 08:52   Link #26
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Aquila
Frankly, the world would be a much more pleasant place if it were populated by more stupid-and-good-hearted people than smart-and-heartless ones.

Oh, I think Sergay will see that 'third option' after the events of the 'night' - to make up for all the crap he's done, he's going to go down with the soon-to-be sinking ship. It's not a good option either but he's a soldier and as such, the only thing he probably sees of any value to offer up is his own life. So I bet he will try to be 'heroic' and end everything, Valkryie-wise, with his own hands since he helped build up Nagi in the first place.

And an interesting point - Sergay never really considered himself a 'hero' anyway and frankly, he isn't one in a true sense of the word if you think about it. If I may draw a parallel, he is to Nagi what Gutts was to Griffith in Berserk - the point man who's trusted to take care of dirty work. (Using the Gutts that had matured and the time frame when the Band of the Hawk became Knights) Both Gutts and Sergay knew that what they were doing was bad, but to make their respective dreams and goals a reality, they decided that staining themselves, however bad, was necassary for the greater good of seeing their dreams and wishes become reality. They wanted a better world but they also knew that it would come with a lot of blood so they put themselves in the 'fall position', 'sacrificing' their own honor and morals at certain times to keep a buffer between all the bad things and the person/people who 'needed' those thigns to happen to keep their dreams alive.

Sergay believed that Nagi could and would pull off bringing man back to the 'Golden Era' but Nagi has been destroying that belief and to make it worse, Nagi knows it. Sergay Wong has a code of conduct and a moral standard but 'North Hound' doesn't necessarily. He's leading 'dual' lives here so now, he's just going to have to pick a 'life' to stick with - will he be Sergay (Friend to women and Otome everywhere) or will he be Nagi's 'North Hound' to the end?

And for the record, I think that we all are blowing up the upcoming Sergay/Nina scene a bit... He's not going to be even considering 'saving the world by taking Nina's virtue/powers away' - only thing on his mind will probably be "...My daughter just stripped NAKED in front of me...!"
Old 2006-03-18, 09:31   Link #27
Retsoor

>> There is a possibility that some mysterious equipment at Gardrobe might be able to break the contract

Maybe destroying the gem at the labs would nullify the contract?* But I don't think the anime will explore this possibility, more likely contracts are nullified by the consent of both the master and the servant. Sergey's probably collecting names for a petition as we speak!

>> I assume, from your statements, that you believe Sergay will kill Nagi along with Nina, because he believe Nina is better off dead than being Nagi's pawn?

While that would be a very fitting, hard end for them both I don't think the production team will take it. I see three possibilities for the end

1) Sergey dies opposing Nagi, Nina goes loco, kills Nagi and dies (personal favourite)

2) Nina dies, Sergey stays with her [absent corpse?] and decides to follow her to death to atone for his sins (burning castle or some such)

3) Both survive and series ends with Mai recognizing Sergey and Sergey running like the wind.

* Since I have let go of all hope of Sergey performing a Steven Seagal neckbreaker move on a formidable Otome, I'm hoping for a throne room confrontation between Nagi (and the Valkyries) and Sergey. Sergey pops the three grunts' gems with his gun and when Tomoe charges him he rips off her ear. Chie, forewarned by Tomoe's demise, decides to close her helmet and stabs Sergey in the gut (only because Sergey let her). Sergey flexes his abs which sends a shockwave through the blade and Chie falls.

Mmmmmm.

>> I think that we all are blowing up the upcoming Sergay/Nina scene a bit

Tempest, Tempest... You haven't delved deep enough in Sergey's psyche, it would be more like:

"My daughter just stripped NAKED in front of me and she's HOT!"
Old 2006-03-18, 09:34   Link #28
Aidan
Am I bad? Yes... Very X(

Here's another ways to solve the situation, a way in which Sergay and Nina don't have to have sex. If the Y-chromo does the job, Sergay should just jack-off until he has a handful of semen and introduce it directly to her blood stream. For example cutting Nina's arm and massaging all those Y's directly into the bleeding cut. And don't worry about Nagi feeling the pain, if he feels the pain from a cut arm, he'll surely feel the pain of Nina losing her virginity.

Too bad that's not what people want to see or want to fantasize about, so I say to hell with the Otome world, let it burn, sure more people will die that way, but I don't really care about them.
Old 2006-03-18, 09:34   Link #29
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

To VCV

Note to self, write incredibly long posts in the future so no assumptions and snap judgements can be made about what sort of person I am.

Oh good grief.

Live in fiction? The original reason we indulge ourselves in heroic fiction is because the real world is NOT NOT and THRICE REPEAT NOT a nice and idelistic place where decency alone can save people. We Film-Makers Exist For The EXACT reason to give people a release from THIS Reality.

I don't know what the real world is?

Its a place where: people can be your "friend" then slip a dagger between your ribs for a promotion when you have outlived your usefulness; where old-age-care is SO neglected and poor that they had to turn to High Schools to send volunteer students like myself to do the jobs that the uni-graduates who were left in charge are too fucked-up-lazy-and-cynical to do; where Universities have the right to ban anti-war clubs despite the fact it is against free-speech; where bosses can lay you off for the next best thing despite you having done nothing wrong; where cops pockets are so full of dirty money they threaten to kill their few honest workmates; where violent women can bully their gentle fathers knowing full well the law will protect her BECAUSE SHE IS A WOMAN even if kills him. This and a LOT MORE TOO MUCH TO LIST HERE I have seen and/or experienced of reality.

The world is hell, and it won't be changed in our lifetime. Idealism is stupid, so just be smart and laugh at how miserable life is!! THERE I SAID IT, are you happy now? I hope I made it clear that I know how the real world works, so with all due respect please do not ever accuse me of being "an idealistic naive" ever again.

Though just because I know how it works does NOT mean I have to like it. Is even watching and reading fiction that idealizes an age that no longer exists and admiring for what it stood for a recharge of hope and idealism in my free time before going back to reality an act of offence?

And why indeed must we apply real-world-cynicism even to heroic-fantasy? NEED there be death and suffering even if the heroes try their best? These, sir, are NOT the nihilistic incompetents of the Marvel Universe!! Unlike the west, who like to humiliate their heroes to make the readers feel better about their own lot, Japan still respects its heroes enough to allow their labors to have worth and consequence.

Anime heroes from the same epic and legendary lineages of warriors like Kira Yamato, Himura Kenshin and Son Goku. If wanted to save everyone, they CAN Save everyone. This is not real warfare, where collateral damage is a sad and CERTAIN fact of ALL battles.

I wish for battles because:

1) In the context of the Mai Otome universe, a single warrior CAN protect every weak innocent if she wanted to AND win her battle. If that were NOT the case, OF COURSE I would not risk having ANY non-combatants, faceless or not, to be murdered in cold, collateral blood. Have I not told you on quite a few occasions that the indiscriminant butchery of non-combatants is why I hate the Chimpanzee in the White House?

2) To tell an Otome to not fight when she needs (or maybe even want) to is just plain cruel. She has willingly given her life, body and soul, as well as her chance for a family to become the perfect instrument for protecting her people. Who are we non-combatants to be selfish enough to tell them that their sacrifices are worthless and they have no right to give their lives reason through battle?

3) On a less than serious note: Isn't action (besides beautiful girls and an EXTREMELY well written plot) one of the main draw cards of this very-well-animated series? Its an inevitability of genre, writing and the way the series is structured, funded and budgeted. They are giving the fans (or more accurately, toy-sponsors) what they want for continuation of production. Thoug this time they served in healthy portions, unlike the inferior continuations of the 2002 Gundam Series. Bandwithd dude!! Bandwith!! I wanna get what I paid for. :P

BACK TO SERIOUSNESS

On the matter of the Code, if I must.

This is hardly Saikano, and there will be people to pass down legends when the dust of battle clears.

How do you think Nina Wong can face the world, much less life, if people and history point at her as "the little slut" if Sergey took advantage of her emotional immaturity? For generations to come no less.

As you have made quite clear, Sergey is a Father first and foremost. And NO father who loves his child would ever bear to have them live in such dishonor. And as one of the few people on this board (including you, Good Sir) who actually cares to look at it through Sergey's point of view, it would be a blemish on his entire bloodline

This is particularly serious considering that future generations love to judge entire civilizations on the poor actions of its nobility. Sergey's Ancestral spirit would spend enternity cursed by his descendants AND EVERY DESCENDANT OF HIS COUNTRY for making them bear the shame of being judged as a nation of deviants by the whole world.

Immature? But THAT is realistic. For instance, sure, it has been 61 years since the death camps shut down, but that dosen't stop Speilberg and Mel Brooks from making fun of Germans as an entire race of stupid murderers for a mass-market to billions to absorb, and that same public from reflexively thinking "Swatstika" when they hear the word "Germany." See how dishonorable behavior can have LONG term repercussions of disgrace for those who still LIVE?

Sergey is bearing the double burden of being a FATHER and a NOBLEMAN. His love for his daughter and his people simultaneously compels him to be honor bound to do what is best in their interests, with HIM taking the shaft (figuratively) so they won't have to (I know, tasteless in this context).

I usually don't rant THIS long. But I have this very human reaction of getting angry when I am insultingly accused of being a cold, uncaring monster.

In Summary.

1) The real modern world sucks donkey phallus. There should be nothing wrong with admiring an admittedly idealized version of what came before and what it could be.

2) The heroes of Mai Otome are STRONG ENOUGH to protect everyone, and that is NOT out of their control should they desire to do so.

3) I do care for the lives of innocents. If there is any chance they would be hurt I would not wish for even a single first clenched. Hence entry number 2) above.

4) When a warrior sacrifices everything so she can devote her life to the perfection of protecting her nation, to then have us non-combatants tell them its worthless is just plain presumptuous. She has every right to pursue the purpose of her life (and ergo happiness) as we do.

5) If you really stand by you contention of "see it from Sergeys point of view" consider his paternal love and duty towards his daughter and his nation.

A thousand pardons if the 106-years outdated convicitions by are offensive to your relevant and current sensibilities: The previous post was merely an honest expression of them. I may not be cynical (yet), but more of a dissapointed idealist trying to find an avenue to express idealism; it is incredibly insulting to be labeled a stupid monster for EVERY TIME I express the little remaining admiration towards (what LITTLE remains of) Asian Warrior Culture and told to be cynical instead.

I hope that it is not too much to ask for you to not attack me in such a personal and viciously blunt manner if I have not insulted you or attacked you personally on my part.

Regretfully Ronin Aquila

Last edited by Ronin Aquila; 2006-03-18 at 09:56.
Old 2006-03-18, 09:51   Link #30
Grees
Ehhh

No,
Sergay should refuse Nina and find someone of the same age to get jiggy with,
tape it (with a nightvision camera) and then release it on the internet.
Old 2006-03-18, 10:21   Link #31
friendshipz
lilian gakuen

people hello??

the thread qns was really simple.."Should sergay take one for the good of the world"

yes: to save the lives of ppls
no: heroic char always goes wif their conscience that doing that is wrong..watch the world burns !!!

so my ans is a no..why?? very simple theory-> read spolier for esp 24-26....>_>"

from the preview of esp23... nina just wan to show her body to sergei telling him am a woman right now don treat me as if am still a child which needed ur guidance to take steps..

since it is mentioned that y-chromosomes killed the nanomachine.. but does sergei really need to sleep wif nina to inject those spe***? their technology is much more advance than our times right now ... simply use a syringe to inject the y-chrom into nina body than eventually the nanomachine will just be destroy..
..this is just a simple theory that sergei doesnt need to slp wif nina and to solve his prob for being a pedophile if he wan to save the world...
Old 2006-03-18, 10:40   Link #32
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
2) The heroes of Mai Otome are STRONG ENOUGH to protect everyone, and that is NOT out of their control should they desire to do so.
Yeah, sure... So you would let someone else fight to the death when they didn't have to? Are you forcing them to risk their lives when there was a bloodless option?

Sergay has a chance to disable Nagi's evil plans RIGHT NOW. Or he can let others risk their lives in a huge war where many will soon die.

It is NOT your right to tell heroes to go out and risk their lives for you. They will do what they have to do. But you have to do YOUR part.
A sacrifice has to be made. You can't assume others will do it for you.

Indeed, it's damn near irresponsible to assume Mai and crew will take care of everything, so Sergay can just sit back and let nature take its course. (But obviously it's what is going to happen anyway.)

Quote:
I usually don't rant THIS long. But I have this very human reaction of getting angry when I am insultingly accused of being a cold, uncaring monster.
You are not cold. You are hot-headed, indeed.
And you care about people you care about.
As for monster? You used that word, not me. I called yo a heroic type, who would let Galaxies burn to save one princess.

Principles are NOT the goal. They are the means to the goal. And the Goal is to do no harm.
If you want to do harm in order to stick to principles, you are defeating the point of principles...

Anyway, your argument that Mai and the others will take care of everything is exactly what I mean by hero-speak.
Remember, only the person who is going to take the risks have the right to decide what actions to take. To lose one's honour to save the lives of millions of people IS true heroism, even if that means Sergay had to get out of town, or be stoned to death. He can say he raped his daughter, and therefore Nina's honour could be kept to the public as a victim.

It is the hero who is willing to lose everything, breaking every rule, that makes a hero. Not being blind to principles. Most importantly, to take the appropriate punishment and public disgrace, knowing that everyone hated him, and that the public DON'T GIVE A DAMN that he saved their lives, and still be willing to die with a smile as the lynch mob closed in.
He would know that he did what he had to do, save the lives of the people who are excecuting him. And he was glad.

In conclusion, I do believe in heroes, but just different kinds of heroes.

Public opinion? What history thinks? All irrelevant. It's only important to people who want to FEEL important. To do what needs to be done to save as many people as you can, with not a care about posterity. This is what I admire.
In the MetalGear universe, there was a great soldier of the US, who fought many wars and brought many glorious victories to her nation. Yet a great blunder caused by others meant she had only one chance to save the face of her government; to take the blame, be labeled a traitor forever, and excecuted.
She willingly took that mission. And many a MetalGear story was spawned from there.

The only living people who know she was an honourable person could be named in one hand. She was considered scum, enemy of her homeland, and generations to come will see her that way. She smeared her own name with mud to protect her country.

THAT's my hero.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2006-03-18 at 11:10.
Old 2006-03-18, 11:12   Link #33
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Summations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Indeed, it's damn near irresponsible to assume Mai and crew will take care of everything, so Sergay can just sit back and let nature take its course. (But obviously it's what is going to happen anyway.)
Quote:
I called you a heroic type, who would let Galaxies burn to save one princess.
I hope I made it abundantly clear that I am not that type from the previous post.

Given the choice between keeping my sword arm and the lives of a city of innocents, who will go on to produce generations who will have thousands of hopes and dreams, I would give my sword-arm away with no hesitation.

Quote:
Principles are NOT the goal. They are the means to the goal. And the Goal is to do no harm.
If you want to do harm in order to stick to principles, you are defeating the point of principles...
All fine and well, but I hope therefore that would lend validity to my argument of preventing harm to the honor of one's country and bloodline. Germany and Japan were lucky exceptions, but more often than not one's disgraceful action in life WILL have the rest of his nation walked on by the rest of the world, and be unable to survive in the future. Hence honorable conduct is as integral to keeping people from harm as non-violence.

Quote:
Anyway, your argument that Mai and the others will take care of everything is exactly what I mean by hero-speak.
Agreed. Though the tragedy of the Mai Otome universe is that so grand is the power of the threat that even if one's heart is full of courage, it is forfeit without the power to act upon it. A brave baker without nanomachines will be shredded by a Slave for trying to save a toddler in its way, no matter how big a rolling pin he/she swings.

Hence the Warriors of this universe are torn between obilgation to faceless thousands at the cost of their own happiness or costing thousands of lives of thousands so they could be happy. Vicious circle indeed.
Quote:
Remember, only the person who is going to take the risks have the right to decide what actions to take. To lose one's honour to save the lives of millions of people IS true heroism, even if that means Sergay had to get out of town, or be stoned to death. He can say he raped his daughter, and therefore Nina's honour could be kept to the public as a victim.

It is the hero who is willing to lose everything, breaking every rule, that makes a hero. Not being blind to principles. Most importantly, to take the appropriate punishment and public disgrace, knowing that everyone hated him, and DON'T GIVE A DAMN that he saved their lives, and still be willing to die with a smile as the lynch mob closed in.
Finally We Agree On Something.

Though if given the choice to fight AND NOT have any innocents die in the process, I would personally still do so. To deny an opportunity to pursue happiness when nobody else would be harmed would just be unnecessarily cruelty to myself, not to mention put all the years of training to waste.
Old 2006-03-18, 11:39   Link #34
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope
Sergey should do what is best for the world.

(Seems KGNE strategy is popular these days...)
agree

i voted for sex with Nina but then only for my point of view, for a story development and more deaths and drama i would pick for BURN! WORLD BURN!
Old 2006-03-18, 14:38   Link #35
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Assuming that both Sergay and Mai had a thing for each other in the past, what's there to say that when they meet up again Sergay would practically just....well...go
Old 2006-03-18, 14:50   Link #36
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
After reading the Sypnosis...
Its trully that Sergay will refuse...
Nina...Please... Burn everything, you are good girl
Some Serious Fan Want Action
Give Us Action Please...
Old 2006-03-18, 16:00   Link #37
twh
Something or other...

In case you didn't notice, Sergei's face was the face of a "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!". So, I find it unlikely that he'll do anything. With luck, he will tell her something he should have said long ago, she'll reluctantly agree to its truth and maybe, sacrifice herself to save her father.... well, that could be used as a possible ending, but I doubt it.

...and besides, Shame on any of you for voting that Sergei would do such a thing! The fact that the writers of this turd pile series even brought it up is so wrong on so many levels. To toss aside Nina's virtue to save the lives of others is an option, yes, but it's still probably the most deplorable option.

If he did, I doubt Sergei would not even be able to look at himself or anyone else for that matter, in the eye ever again. As if he didn't blame himself enough for whatever the wanker fanboys accuse him of doing, it'll only make it worse and no one will be happy in the end.

If Sergey's smart, he'd put a gun to Smith's head, tell him how to break the contract without violating Nina's virtue, shoot Smith, then break the contract, save Nina from the Black Diamond, and then kill that evil little brat for desecrating his first love. The chances he'll regret killing Nagi are quite likely, but there has got to be a threshold as to how far he'd be willing to serve Nagi. But since Sunrise obviously doesn't want to write good stories anymore, I'm not holding too much hope.
Old 2006-03-18, 16:02   Link #38
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
Assuming that both Sergay and Mai had a thing for each other in the past, what's there to say that when they meet up again Sergay would practically just....well...go
He is not a man if he doesn't, because all men bow to the glory(ies) of Tokiha Mai.
Old 2006-03-18, 16:14   Link #39
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35
He is not a man if he doesn't, because all men bow to the glory(ies) of Tokiha Mai.
That's of course assuming that he and Mai did have a thing, because seriously, after 23 I'm having serious doubts.

Of course it would be funny when Sergay sees Mai he like forgets everything about Nina, Arika, and Rena and just go nuts over her
Old 2006-03-18, 17:18   Link #40
NeonZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by twh
If Sergey's smart, he'd put a gun to Smith's head, tell him how to break the contract without violating Nina's virtue, shoot Smith, then break the contract, save Nina from the Black Diamond, and then kill that evil little brat for desecrating his first love. The chances he'll regret killing Nagi are quite likely, but there has got to be a threshold as to how far he'd be willing to serve Nagi. But since Sunrise obviously doesn't want to write good stories anymore, I'm not holding too much hope.
Because there's obviously an easy method of breaking a contract, even without the Otome's and the Master's help. I really doubt Nina wants to lose the Black Diamond right now...

Your alternative isn't any good. In fact, it's worse than what Sunrise is doing, considering how it'd create a huge plothole. Contracts can't be broken so easily.

Not even Miyu, a living Deus Ex Machina, was able to completely undo Arika's and Machiro's contract. Obviously, it's a complex process which can't be done at the whim of any random person.
Closed Thread