Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-03-13, 09:21   Link #161
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
When I first read the description for this title, I thought it was a genius idea. As a fan of romance outside of shoujo stuff, I was looking forward to reading this. Then I did. Don't get me wrong, I think the idea of Time Slipping into a varying future in an attempt to create the ideal one is still a great idea. The characters (aside from like, 3) however, make me want to punch kittens.

The MC is so pathetic it makes my head hurt, and don't even get me started on his "friends". What the heck is the appeal for these types of characters? I can understand a character that starts off "weak" in order to develop, but this MC is just plain old pathetic. He's even worse than the usual "outrageously dense" archetype you'd usually see. and I thought topping my dislike for that gimmick wasn't possible.

I wish this series was written with different characters. The premise is so, so good.
They aren't dense, the MC knows when he does something stupid, but sometimes is too carried away by the moment to avoid making the critical error. (Like not watching any of the medical dramas.)

These characters are very enjoyable, on the contrary. They have their flaws and vices but everyone has these sorts of things.... And in real life, there are much worse things you can run into.

The number 1 thing that makes the MC not agonizing to watch is that he always does these crazy things in mind because he has a picture of where everyone will be: a future where everything is legit for everyone. So he thinks that he needs to "guarantee" this grand vision by doing all of these crazy things. He has no intention to harm, and he trust does care for Wagatsuma and his buds.

Meanwhile his buds are just loops. They chose to be outliers of society, so naturally they're going to be different than most people. But there are a ton of people like that in our world. They're just finding their own way.

But hey, this is subjective. I know I can stop reading a chapter because it's plain what will happen next and I'm to embarrassed for the MC to finish it.
Old 2014-03-13, 09:35   Link #162
AC-Phoenix
Detective

What I didn't understand from that chapter was which of those children were actually Aohsima's and which were the substitute teachers.
If Crunchyroll translated it right it was the two older children - So teacher cheated her last husband with Aoshima and those two were the result?
Or are they a patchwork family and they are his children with another woman ?

Either way ridiculous Timeslip this time.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-13, 09:55   Link #163
dark44

none of them was his they are all from previous marriages and too bad he have her after the bad future now he see her as good future
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-13, 10:35   Link #164
liro
Super Driver

Lots of of kids from different marriages, now THAT is a big red flag even though not a deal breaker. Stay away from her, Aoshima.
Old 2014-03-14, 20:14   Link #165
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark44 View Post
none of them was his they are all from previous marriages and too bad he have her after the bad future now he see her as good future
Actually she said on page 8 that the two guys are his 'own' children.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2014-03-25, 09:21   Link #166
Farplaner

ch75..

I thought it was a stupid arc, but the last page is just epic!
Farplaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 02:24   Link #167
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Guy should just together with Sylvia. Seriously

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 04:02   Link #168
Bombo
TSF Fans

I hope this arc to finish asap..the teacher..I REALLY hate her ... Bring sylvia or wagatsuma chan back ~.
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 06:29   Link #169
Aesthetic Shampoo

This manga jumped the shark.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 13:20   Link #170
Subarunyon
Yui is mai waifu <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesthetic Shampoo View Post
This manga jumped the shark.
I disagree, I think it's still hilarious. Some parts of the teacher arc is sketchy but as a whole I find it as good as the rest of the Manga. I do think we could use a little more mangaka girl and Sylvia though.
Subarunyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 22:39   Link #171
KLGChaos
The Shermain

There seems to be a rash of series where there's a pathetic main character who gets tortured throughout the series in order to get laughs. I guess that's what's in nowadays. Doesn't really appeal to me all that much. I've never understood what's funny about seeing characters being emotionally scarred. I guess it's just a sign of today's society that watching others fail is funny. It definitely explains the popularity of reality tv. I find Aoshima's "friends" to be some horrible human beings.
Old 2014-04-09, 13:58   Link #172
Bombo
TSF Fans

Spoiler for 77:
Old 2014-04-09, 15:21   Link #173
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombo View Post
Spoiler for 77:
Spoiler for Except:
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 02:48   Link #174
Bombo
TSF Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer91 View Post
Spoiler for Except:
I want itu > ai
Old 2014-04-10, 05:23   Link #175
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by liemtodaisu View Post
And
Spoiler for Uh Oh:
Spoiler for Actually....:
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 06:17   Link #176
liemtodaisu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer91 View Post
Spoiler for Actually....:
I suck at Japanese and I'm trying my best to learn. But doesn't musume also means a normal girl as well? like kanojo as a girl rather but also means girlfriend.
Spoiler for Anway:
liemtodaisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 08:19   Link #177
Subarunyon
Yui is mai waifu <3

He, I know the title is Wagatsuma but it's just so hard for me not to root for Itou, especially now that she's in the same class. She's so sweet and hardworking This manga needs more of her.

Aoshima's friends maybe pathetic but I guess what I find funny is how "realistic" their over-the-top conversations are. I can remember speaking like that with some of my best friends back in high school. No other manga or works of fiction has quite given me that imo. (Of course we're not as pathetic as the manga characters, but the feel is kind of accurate).
Subarunyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 19:28   Link #178
AC-Phoenix
Detective

For some reason that teacher looks a bit shady too me, don't ask me why.
And why the heck does he seemingly like everyone but Aoshima?

Old 2014-05-07, 00:37   Link #179
Bombo
TSF Fans

Spoiler for 80:
Old 2014-05-07, 06:31   Link #180
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Wow. I didn't even recognize her. I really don't like her new hair.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, dating sim, manga, romance, timeslip