AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

View Poll Results: Kill La Kill - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 63 71.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 23.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 3.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 1.14%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-15, 03:01   Link #101
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno View Post
Y'know folks have been talking about all the main characters but hasn't anyone been suspicious of Honoumaru? Does anyone think she's got a role in the final battle?
Oh, I wager she'll lend a hand...or two...
Old 2014-03-15, 09:09   Link #102
J the Drafter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
It's not weird at all. Satsuki probably had always knew that, but she's a pragmatic so if that was what it took to take down Ragyo, so be it. That's why losing to Ragyo was all it took to make her realize that she needed to change her approach. That's all. It's really not as huge a realization as this episode made it out to be. The whole speech was mostly for Ryuko's benefit, but it's not like Satsuki had a huge change of heart or anything. She has alway been like this, only now she lets herself show her true self more openly.
Good point. I can readily believe that Satsuki did a cost-benefit analysis of her schemes while she was Ragyo's prisoner, and came to the conclusion that her schemes hadn't been worth it. Still, the apology scene would have felt more natural if Kill La Kill had shown Satsuki reaching that conclusion beforehand. As is, it feels like she went from "Miss Facist" to "I was acting like Ragyo" without any transition.
Superman: “You know what, Ein? Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us into something better. And on my soul, I swear — until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice becomes the reality we all share — I'll never stop fighting. Ever.”

“Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom” and “Superman vs. the Elite”

(Mostly accurate dialogue, but with a little editing to make it mesh better.)
Old 2014-03-15, 09:43   Link #103
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

I am absolutely positive Trigger is set on giving the viewers nerdgasm every single episode. It just gets better and better to a point I'm pretty sure they have personnel lurking around forums and Pixiv.
Old 2014-03-15, 10:02   Link #104
HandofFate

I like Trigger's attention to detail.

Old 2014-03-15, 13:17   Link #105
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
I am absolutely positive Trigger is set on giving the viewers nerdgasm every single episode. It just gets better and better to a point I'm pretty sure they have personnel lurking around forums and Pixiv.
Oh i think the team that gave us TTGL understand that art quite well without needing to refer to forum.
Old 2014-03-15, 13:37   Link #106
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by J the Drafter View Post
Good episode, though all the plot-relevant exposition cut down on the time available for more involved character interaction. Also, Satsuki's realization about how she was acting like Ragyo feel weird to me. I could certainly have bought it if someone else had forced her to confront the fact that she had emulated some of her mother's worst traits, but I just don't see how Satsuki reached that understanding by herself. (While we're at it, how come the Devas aren't getting called out for their role in Satsuki's regime? Gamatoori even murdered somebody for stealing a Goku uniform. True, Ryuko might not have an issue with Satsuki's lieutenants, but for the Devas' sins to go unacknowledged is a sign of how much space the plot-based dialogue took up.) Overall, the sibling bonding was good, but I wish the episode had been able to spend more time on it and other character-based things.
Nudist Beach et al are now basically fighting to save the world from Galactus. Calling out some of your key allies for their more brutal actions in trying to trick Galactus' herald seems a wee bit petty right now.

Don't get me wrong, the moral issues you raise are valid, but scale is important here. We're talking about the survival of all humans not named Ragyo, and we're also talking about the survival of Earth itself. A far too harsh punishment for stealing clothing can be addressed later (if people aren't too distracted by massive relief over achieving planetary rescue).
Old 2014-03-15, 13:37   Link #107
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by J the Drafter View Post
Good point. I can readily believe that Satsuki did a cost-benefit analysis of her schemes while she was Ragyo's prisoner, and came to the conclusion that her schemes hadn't been worth it. Still, the apology scene would have felt more natural if Kill La Kill had shown Satsuki reaching that conclusion beforehand. As is, it feels like she went from "Miss Facist" to "I was acting like Ragyo" without any transition.
Hmmm, maybe, but the transition was somewhat hinted at by her behaviour mellowing throughout the last episodes. She was given a radical lesson in humility. It still was a bit abrupt, but I accepted it because it still was an incredibly powerful moment and a beautiful speech imho. And dat bow. It's kinda like when Vegeta said Goku was stronger than him at the end of DBZ - when that character does the last thing you'd ever expected them to do, well, you know shit's as real as it can be.

Also I was kinda reminded of Summer Wars by the mood of the episode. Mostly how it was all "we have surpassed our differences and agreed to go to war together as a big family - now let's eat!" .

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Old 2014-03-15, 14:45   Link #108
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

The thing i liked the most of this episode is how Ryuuko finally cemented the feelings she have for Senketsu and Mako being the two individuals she cares for the most. And also how her feelings for her nee-san Satsuki are handled. She already have the aformentioned two and cares for them a lot but her sister relationship with Satsuki has just started, her feelings towards her are completely new which seems to fill Ryuuko's heart with excitement. She was troughfully touched by Satsuki's heartfelt apologize and petition of joining forces and felt totally sincere when she's trying to sum up the courage to call her "sister".

It's one of the things i like the most about Ryuuko, how she's always in touch with her feelings.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2014-03-15, 17:26   Link #109
Mubyoshi

and then it turns out Hōōmaru is the true final boss! This episode was amazing! Glad to see 2star Mako back!
Old 2014-03-15, 18:19   Link #110
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mubyoshi View Post
and then it turns out Hōōmaru is the true final boss!
I'm still wondering how she survived this in Episode 18, unless that was some sort of decoy Hououmaru like we've seen the others doing.

She did have some (moderately ineffective) sleeve tentacle weapons in that episode, also.
Old 2014-03-15, 19:15   Link #111
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Ryouko who was too embarrassed to say Onee-chan so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2014-03-15, 20:40   Link #112
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
It's kinda like when Vegeta said Goku was stronger than him at the end of DBZ
The difference is that Vegeta had to swallow his pride there, whereas Satsuki doesn't have to because her pride comes from her unwavering RESOLVE, and this is something she hasn't lost even after being defeated by Ragyo. Even in this episode everyone admits that her resolve is second to none. Not even Ryuko has as much resolve as Satsuki, and that's why even if Satsuki bows, she still shines brighter than anyone (that's why Trigger shows her glowing like the sun in her apology).
Old 2014-03-15, 21:09   Link #113
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Houromaru is the Final Boss/Ichimaru Gin of this show. Calling it.

Who would've thought getting her arms cut would make Nui THAT bad?

I liked the fact that Satsuki admitted her plan and realized her mistake. I love Ryuko, but Satsuki really has emerged as the best character in the whole series. She was always grey anyway, but she's grown more complex, which I like.

Now that the Final battle's on its way...I really hope Trigger doesn't kill anyone off now. Call me sentimental but I kinda wanna see a happy ending for everyone: Satsuki, Ryuko, Four Devas, Mako and her family...even Stripper Sensei.

If I can't get that, then let Ryuko take over as leader for the Four Devas.
Old 2014-03-16, 02:27   Link #114
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
The difference is that Vegeta had to swallow his pride there, whereas Satsuki doesn't have to because her pride comes from her unwavering RESOLVE, and this is something she hasn't lost even after being defeated by Ragyo. Even in this episode everyone admits that her resolve is second to none. Not even Ryuko has as much resolve as Satsuki, and that's why even if Satsuki bows, she still shines brighter than anyone (that's why Trigger shows her glowing like the sun in her apology).
Other thing that i liked very much is how Satsuki glows with a less agressive and blinding light. The light she emmitted along with her apology was a warmer and more gentle tone. She's changed from a dominating figure shinning over others to a gentle leader embracing everyone with her light.

Why is Satsuki so awesome?

~The ASFB~
Old 2014-03-16, 04:14   Link #115
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
I'm still wondering how she survived this in Episode 18, unless that was some sort of decoy Hououmaru like we've seen the others doing.

She did have some (moderately ineffective) sleeve tentacle weapons in that episode, also.
Given the abilities she's shown, and her position working for Ragyo, I'm going to go with ninja. Completely human, other than maybe some kind of Life Fiber infused clothing. Even the above shot could be explained by stereotypical "fighting skills".
Old 2014-03-16, 12:00   Link #116
klare

finally we get the formation of black/white combo, I think these final fights will destroy half the earth...

I am guessing that Mako somehow is the most important key for the outcome, after all she got her own ED just by herself
Old 2014-03-16, 14:22   Link #117
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Nudist Beach et al are now basically fighting to save the world from Galactus. Calling out some of your key allies for their more brutal actions in trying to trick Galactus' herald seems a wee bit petty right now.

Don't get me wrong, the moral issues you raise are valid, but scale is important here. We're talking about the survival of all humans not named Ragyo, and we're also talking about the survival of Earth itself. A far too harsh punishment for stealing clothing can be addressed later (if people aren't too distracted by massive relief over achieving planetary rescue).
You know had that whole 4 way war we all theorized about a few episode ago actually cam to fruition these would some off the issues I think would've been brought up.

Alas it was not to be...
Old 2014-03-16, 14:33   Link #118
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
You know had that whole 4 way war we all theorized about a few episode ago actually cam to fruition these would some off the issues I think would've been brought up.

Alas it was not to be...
Well, the show traded off a bit of moral ambiguity/complexity for a cleaner, neater, sweeter (Ryuko and Satsuki as sisters on the same side) story with a smoother escalation to a hopefully pulse-pounding climax.

Having a 4-way philosophical battle over "what should the relationship between humans and life fibers be?" would have been interesting, but I'm fine with the more "feel good" and hot-blooded action-fest we seem to be getting.
Old 2014-03-16, 18:12   Link #119
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
my reasoning is that black serafuku looks better or Satsuki because she has long hair, in a oujosama and has a sword

my other reasoning is that evil!Ryuko in Junketsu looked and sounded utterly fantastic. Koshimizu Ami must have had lots of fun during those episodes
Eh, i disagree for the same reasons. Namely i think the white outfit makes Satsuki's long hair stand out more; where as it kinda blends into the black outfit... So Junketsu is a better compliment for her hair. The Black works with Ryuko's shorter hair.

However i do think Ryuko's version of Junketsu was better than Satsuki's... Also i never really like the design of Sekutsu, in general... so while I think Ryuko wears him better, Junketsu is the more appealing design to me.
Old 2014-03-16, 18:37   Link #120
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I think Ryuuko wears better transformed Senketsu but i think Satsuki wears him much better in his basic form. The long sleeves completely unfolded. the stern expression and her white skin contrast wonderfully with his black/dark blue and red color scheme. Satsuki's flowing long hair and the dual wielding Bakuzan along with the red glove give an interesting mix of rebellious elegance.

Reminds me of those highschool yakuza girls from some anime and movies with hime cuts (like Yomi Isayama from Ga- Rei Zero or Gogo Yubari from Kill Bill Vol. 1). Ryuuko looks rude and hip while Satsuki looks smooth and old school and the latter appeals me better.

But it's all a personal opinion so i welcome any dissagreements.

~The ASFB~
Closed Thread

Tags
pure awesomeness