AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: My-Otome Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 37 25.17%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 48 32.65%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 33 22.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 12.24%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 2.72%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.36%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.04%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.68%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.68%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-19, 09:56   Link #241
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Not that I've seen part of the episode, I agree with others that the reason Nao was blushing at the sight of Miyu, was because Miyu wasn't suppose to be wearing a towel. Miyu wasn't exactly being modest as far as showing off her skin, as expected for a battle android.
It's likely that the towel would be removed in the DVD. This happened with the Tenchi Muyo GXP, so it could happen here to bypass TV station broadcast rules.

And by the by, you are NOT suppose to wear a towel while in a hot-spring. It dirties the water, so it would be extremely rude to do so in real life. Only in anime do you see people wear full bath towels while submerged in a hot springs pool.
Old 2006-03-19, 10:04   Link #242
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
But it's freaking pointless apart from shoving a red herring down the viewers collective throats. It's like someone telling a young Hollywood star a fictional story about divorces among movie stars in order to warn her about the big possibility of divorce - absolutely no need for that since there are so many real divorces there. And if we assume that it's just a cover up story what was the point of showing a silhoutte that looked much like Sergei? Just another red herring? Maybe the writers were embarrassed by the absurdity of the story of Mikoto eating Mai's ring (or was it GEM?) so they decided to reveal it in episode 23 when the viewers would be so relieved that Mai is back they wouldn't care.
I guess you see it as "there are so many, what is the point of adding one more?" I see it as "because there are so many, there will be more since people love that stuff and that's why there are so many."

But with only 2 ep left, I don't think we will ever get an answer. And yeah, who cares....
Old 2006-03-19, 10:13   Link #243
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
I guess you see it as "there are so many, what is the point of adding one more?" I see it as "because there are so many, there will be more since people love that stuff and that's why there are so many."

But with only 2 ep left, I don't think we will ever get an answer. And yeah, who cares....
You do realise we get DVD Omakes for a reason, right?

It's like how the Mai Hime DVD specials explain why Childs were the way they are, and what makes them different from Orphans. It gives more reason to buy the DVDs.
Old 2006-03-19, 11:31   Link #244
pokemon123
Puri puri puri puri..BANG

What are the chances of Sunrise adding a final plus to the series?

You know. Like what they did for GSD?
Old 2006-03-19, 11:35   Link #245
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Wow, quite a plot revealing episode, and we get MAI!!! *swoons for five minutes*

Plus I just can't believe the fans' speculation that Mai mainly uses her robe for cooking is actually true, man that really cracks me up.

Ahem...Miyu sure is a convenient plot device, not that I mind much, though this pretty much ends the debate of whether Mai Otome is in the same universe as Mai HiME.

Alyssa probably took over the Searrs Foundation after some years (getting rid of the HiME ver. John Smith along the way, no doubt) and maybe changed the Foundation's charter from "taking over the world using the HiME powers" to "harvesting the HiME powers for the benefit of mankind". That's my theory anyway.

This show had people in circles about Arika's parentage. First she's Rena's daughter, then she's rumoured to be the true princess, now she's Rena's daughter after all. And her grandma is just that, her grandma. And to top that off, she's the direct descendent of Alyssa. Sheesh.

Nina's "I'll kill my friends if I have to" just reeks of Shinn's rhetoric from GSD.

And for Arika going into training with Mikoto so late in the series, I'm not that worried that it took place so late. Who knows, maybe Arika would be absent for the next episode until the last minute, when she appears in style and powered up, just like Ichigo from Bleach.
Old 2006-03-19, 11:45   Link #246
friendshipz
lilian gakuen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemon123

man ...mai otome =mai otome..even there is similarities between them..mai otome still remain as mai otome..

GSD has nothing to do wif mai otome even they came from the same producer.....

it would be "better"(am not trying to stop u from comparing them) if u try to compare mai hime and mai otome..which we are doing now..

i never watch GSD before..and never the hell i would wan to watch it...
its make things more confusing for ppl who compare GSD and mai otome..>_>"

sry if my reply sound very offenive..(maybe it is >_>) just wan to makes things clear..
Old 2006-03-19, 11:56   Link #247
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemon123

Pretty much the same as the chances that the ending will suck, just like in the case of GSD. Nah, it can't be that bad, can it? Who am I kidding, of course it can (see exhibit #1 - MH ending) but let's hope it will not.

Quote:
I do. I have to keep my reputation of a person who complains about everything in this series.

Old 2006-03-19, 12:37   Link #248
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendshipz
man ...mai otome =mai otome..even there is similarities between them..mai otome still remain as mai otome..

GSD has nothing to do wif mai otome even they came from the same producer.....

it would be "better"(am not trying to stop u from comparing them) if u try to compare mai hime and mai otome..which we are doing now..

i never watch GSD before..and never the hell i would wan to watch it...
its make things more confusing for ppl who compare GSD and mai otome..>_>"

sry if my reply sound very offenive..(maybe it is >_>) just wan to makes things clear..
But he/she wasn´t comparing Destiny and Otome now were he/she? He/She was just asking for the chances of there being a "Final Plus". An extra long ending episode like Destiny had for an example.

/

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!

Last edited by Last_Hope; 2006-03-19 at 12:49.
Old 2006-03-19, 14:08   Link #249
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Well there was a DC version of episode 26 of My-HiME that added some extra scenes. So perhaps the same thing will happen for My-Otome. Although I think rather than a DC version of 26, an episode 27 or say 25.5 would be much cooler. Depending on which works better for the DVD release.
Old 2006-03-19, 14:20   Link #250
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Really like this one we finally get some answers to some questions. So we all now know that Arika is the daughter of Rena which i think everyone had decided on anyway. As for Nina being the real queen i for some reason think there is more behind it yeah she was able to be the protector and player of the harmonium and she does have windbloom blood. I think that Mashiro and Nina are related some how, but they still havent reveled who Mashiro really is and even Miyu said she didnt know. It was nice to see how Mai and Mikoto acted the same as they did in HIME around each other. PLus watching Arika and Mikoto eat was funny they are like the same person so watching her train Arika should be funny and painful. I had no clue what Miyu was talking about when she mentioned that Mikoto was the last true Otome to watch the world on a higher order anybody please help?

Its obvious that Sergey is catching on more and more to what Nagi has in store Nagi even say i guess i cant hide it from you anymore about whose in the coffin (of course they didnt show us the answer) and Nina seems to be the most unhappiest of everyone. You can see she doesnt like doing the things that Nagi asked her to but she is his Otome she has no choice she even says that if it will bring about the kind of world that her father and Nagi want she will even kill her friends. Natsuki and Nao seem to have to mount a rescue mission to get Shizuru back but we have no idea who they are going to pull it off plus the doctor is up to something as she left the city via the tunnels. over all i think everything flowed well but for some reason nearing the end of the series i feel like the ending is being rushed over the past couple of episodes we have been bombarded with information.

The clips from next episode with Nina undressing WOW cant wait to see how that turns out.
Old 2006-03-19, 14:43   Link #251
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
I had no clue what Miyu was talking about when she mentioned that Mikoto was the last true Otome to watch the world on a higher order anybody please help?
When Sergey was telling Arika about the Blue Star he mentioned six (I think) Princesses were with the colonist. They were probably artificial HiME (hence the HiME symbol) which were the prototype Otome. Mikota is evidently one of those and is well over 300 years old, but probably not nearly as old as Miyu.
Arika and Mikota, an ant and a cat, quite a combination.
Old 2006-03-19, 16:00   Link #252
kuro_neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime
When Sergey was telling Arika about the Blue Star he mentioned six (I think) Princesses were with the colonist. They were probably artificial HiME (hence the HiME symbol) which were the prototype Otome. Mikota is evidently one of those and is well over 300 years old, but probably not nearly as old as Miyu.
Arika and Mikota, an ant and a cat, quite a combination.
what episode are referring to? The only episode Sergei talked to Arika about it that I can remember was when they were on the roof and kissed,and all they said about it was that Arika was like my grandmom said blah blah and cut off before the actually revealed anything about the star.
Old 2006-03-19, 16:54   Link #253
wavey_davey
Drifting through life~~

Send a message via AIM to wavey_davey Send a message via MSN to wavey_davey
hmm the war with the 12kings.. how many hime are there at a "festivel"? or am I still only clutching at straws... :P
Old 2006-03-19, 18:01   Link #254
Pacilia

This is just me, since I have only watched a bit of Hime here and there, but isn't the purpose of the festival is to like.. create a new world or something? Maybe the Otome world is created by MH Mashiro? *shrug* Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 2006-03-19, 18:05   Link #255
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacilia
This is just me, since I have only watched a bit of Hime here and there, but isn't the purpose of the festival is to like.. create a new world or something? Maybe the Otome world is created by MH Mashiro? *shrug* Correct me if I'm wrong.
That's what the Sears Organisation wants, should they get the "power".

Unfortunately, the "festival organiser" is a lying SOB. So no one has ever truly won without being his puppet.
Old 2006-03-19, 18:21   Link #256
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

The purpose of the Festival according to some very dubious sources, full of half-truths is to save the world from the HiME star menace every three hundred years. The world created by HiME Mashiro would then by as I understand it the world in which the characters of MH lived i.e. the Earth as we know it.

Old 2006-03-19, 18:27   Link #257
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuro_neko
what episode are referring to? The only episode Sergei talked to Arika about it that I can remember was when they were on the roof and kissed,and all they said about it was that Arika was like my grandmom said blah blah and cut off before the actually revealed anything about the star.
Actually, when I checked it did not have a number, but said "take me and Dear Princess by my side" in part of the excerpt from a poem written by the first pilot to land on Earl that Sergey quoted Arika in episode 15 (between 9 and 10 minutes). It would seem likely that it refered to HiME and not a royal princess. The first fansub had it mistranslated as Otome.

Last edited by PastPrime; 2006-03-19 at 18:46.
Old 2006-03-19, 18:43   Link #258
Pacilia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
That's what the Sears Organisation wants, should they get the "power".

Unfortunately, the "festival organiser" is a lying SOB. So no one has ever truly won without being his puppet.
Ah. I was just rewatching ep 23 again, and rewatched what Miyu said at the onsen. Miyu said that Mikoto is the last person with the higher-order power. My new theory is that, Fumi's master, pretending that the person was Mashiro, was one of the 'original Otome who has transfer her power to Fumi, creating the 'Otome' in a way. Then Fumi created her own gems and such later on giving birth to the current Otome. This way we might be able to say that Alyssa would also one of these original Otome, married and lost her powers through marriage, and therefore Arika's related to Alyssa?

Did anyone have the reaction of seeing Nao's lipstick trick and thought of Eclair from Kiddy Grade?
Old 2006-03-19, 19:02   Link #259
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacilia
Ah. I was just rewatching ep 23 again, and rewatched what Miyu said at the onsen. Miyu said that Mikoto is the last person with the higher-order power. My new theory is that, Fumi's master, pretending that the person was Mashiro, was one of the 'original Otome who has transfer her power to Fumi, creating the 'Otome' in a way. Then Fumi created her own gems and such later on giving birth to the current Otome. This way we might be able to say that Alyssa would also one of these original Otome, married and lost her powers through marriage, and therefore Arika's related to Alyssa?

Did anyone have the reaction of seeing Nao's lipstick trick and thought of Eclair from Kiddy Grade?
MH Alyssa is a special case. There is no need to be a virgin to be a Hime, either. (At least, I seriously doubt the MH Midori is a virgin. A university student? Who drinks like a fish? Yeah, sure.)
Old 2006-03-19, 19:08   Link #260
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

There are some things that haven't really been explained. The first is Fumi. How did she become the first of the Otome as we know them? Natsuki calls the area black garderobe. Miyu states that the otome and harmonium technology was born there. Fumi founded garderobe in windbloom. She had to get the technology for the otome somewhere. Why is Fumi never referred to as dead? We are told she rests, or is sleeping, but on the other hand everyone mentions Rena as a corpse or body. Fumi had to have a child to create gems and nanomachines. If Fumi is such an important person, why do we not know anything about her decendants? When the system shuts down, we see a shadow of Fumi. Why? I think there is something about Fumi and the history of garderobe that we aren't being told yet.

The second is Mashiro. We know nothing about her. She isn't the princess, she isn't Rena's daughter. The only thing we know is that she is named after Fumi's gem. Why? Why did Miyu choose to bring up Fumi to answer Mashiro's question about who she was? Mashiro comments that even if she takes back her country, things will go back to how they were. Rumors of her being a false princess have haunted her since she was proclaimed princess and queen, and now that it is confirmed that she is a fake, it will only get worse. So now her role as Arika's master and Queen of Windbloom is being downplayed after all of these episodes of building her up. Why? Why was Mikoto always watching Mashiro? I'm probably grasping at straws but I think there is a connection there that hasn't been revealed yet.

Where did Nagi get his gem from? This one really bugs me.
Closed Thread