Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-03-20, 14:56   Link #1261
bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegasereon View Post
Yeah it was pretty much implied.
Isn't this a harem light novel, if the protagonist had sex, there would be no implying whatsoever, it would be more like being hit on the head with a brick.
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 14:57   Link #1262
bludvein

Cmon, this discussion is going in a weird direction.

Yue's auto-regen does have a derived skill called pain manipulation. Considering she can think and plan while melting from acid in the Hydra fight, she must be able turn off pain receptors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
Isn't this a harem light novel, if the protagonist had sex, there would be no implying whatsoever, it would be more like being hit on the head with a brick.
How about heavily implied? She is called his lover several times and has suggestive scenes, but its not like its explicit.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 15:21   Link #1263
Kadi
知識の探求者

Shia and Tio watched them go at it for whoever-you-believe-in's sake... okay, that was in an omake part. There was proof before that. And come to think of it, wasn't there that inn-girl-cum-ninja-spy in that other town even earlier that wanted to watch them do it?
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 15:37   Link #1264
bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Cmon, this discussion is going in a weird direction.

Yue's auto-regen does have a derived skill called pain manipulation. Considering she can think and plan while melting from acid in the Hydra fight, she must be able turn off pain receptors.

How about heavily implied? She is called his lover several times and has suggestive scenes, but its not like its explicit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
Shia and Tio watched them go at it for whoever-you-believe-in's sake... okay, that was in an omake part. There was proof before that. And come to think of it, wasn't there that inn-girl-cum-ninja-spy in that other town even earlier that wanted to watch them do it?
No explicit sex scenes needed, all that is needed is a declaration by Hajime and Yue that they had sex.
Old 2014-03-20, 15:39   Link #1265
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
She definitely tried to get a show, but never managed because Hajime always caught her. She was pretty delusional anyway.

...although your right. Heavily implied is probably understating it. Let's just say Yue is definitely his lover, with Shia getting nothing(because of his commitment to Yue) and Tio is just ignored entirely for the moment. It's actually kinda refreshing that they don't make a big deal out of it.

Last edited by bludvein; 2014-03-20 at 16:04.
Old 2014-03-20, 19:58   Link #1266
Kioras

Implied is the best way to do it. Can keep implied and not adjust the age groups of the novel anyways.

Besides, with all the stress Yue and Hajime went through together, surviving the end of the first dungeon in close proximity and then having the 2 months alone to unwind, it would almost be unnatural if they did not do it.
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 20:04   Link #1267
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioras View Post
Implied is the best way to do it. Can keep implied and not adjust the age groups of the novel anyways.

Besides, with all the stress Yue and Hajime went through together, surviving the end of the first dungeon in close proximity and then having the 2 months alone to unwind, it would almost be unnatural if they did not do it.
I think that's probably why I feel bad for all the newer additions to the harem, none of them can compete with the lead that Yue got from the time spent together in Orcus dungeon. I mean even Shia hasn't been in the group more than a month at most has she.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 21:11   Link #1268
bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioras View Post

No, the benefit of keeping things unclear is so that he can change directions if needed. If this really is a harem story then we will probably start seeing more of the other heroines and less of Yue
Old 2014-03-21, 15:22   Link #1269
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
No, the benefit of keeping things unclear is so that he can change directions if needed. If this really is a harem story then we will probably start seeing more of the other heroines and less of Yue
Except with every chapter that focuses on the harem, it's clear more and more that Yue is the undisputed winner. See the end of recent chapter.

So next chapter is tomorrow right and it's supposed to be hero/classmates side right?

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2014-03-21, 15:45   Link #1270
teejmo

^Sunday at six pm his time. So that would be three am for me (US Mountain time). And according to the afterword of Part 2 of this three part short story, yeah, the heroes are back. Will Kaori find out that her beloved Hajime is alive and, well, scary (for them; for us, completely awesome)? And will she learn of his new teammates (now that can turn scary)?
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 16:02   Link #1271
omegasereon

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejmo View Post
^Sunday at six pm his time. So that would be three am for me (US Mountain time). And according to the afterword of Part 2 of this three part short story, yeah, the heroes are back. Will Kaori find out that her beloved Hajime is alive and, well, scary (for them; for us, completely awesome)? And will she learn of his new teammates (now that can turn scary)?
She will probably flip out if she finds out he has girls with him.
omegasereon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 18:28   Link #1272
blankerer

wonder if he is going to run into anyone while being called papa
blankerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 19:08   Link #1273
EvI

did dreg00-san died? he disappeared and i'm already missing his summaries :´(
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-23, 04:07   Link #1274
bludvein

Spoiler for new chapter:

Last edited by bludvein; 2014-03-23 at 04:18.
Old 2014-03-23, 04:17   Link #1275
omegasereon

Quote:
Spoiler for new chapter:
Spoiler for :
omegasereon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-23, 04:29   Link #1276
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegasereon View Post
Spoiler for :
Spoiler for Orcus Dungeon:

Old 2014-03-23, 04:38   Link #1277
Guest2

Cheese look at their numerous cheating skills. Makes me want to go and actually finish some of the Tales RPGs I have.

And its kind of obvious their stats aren't as good as Hajime's group since Hajime's group includes people who have cleared nearly twice as many dungeon levels and been alive for a few hundreds of years more. The stats they've gained in just 4 months is just as ridiculous as the current stats Hajime's group currently have from their much greater experience(excluding the monster-eater Hajime ofcourse).

Last edited by Guest2; 2014-03-23 at 04:50.
Guest2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-23, 04:47   Link #1278
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest2 View Post
Cheese look at their numerous cheating skills. Makes me want to go and actually finish some of the Tales RPGs I have.

And its kind of obvious their stats aren't as good as Hajime's group since Hajime's groups includes people who have cleared nearly twice as many dungeon levels and been alive for a few hundreds of years more. The stats they've gained in just 4 months is just as ridiculous as the current stats Hajime's group currently have from their much greater experience(excluding the monster-eater Hajime ofcourse).
You made me realize an interesting point. Have we ever been told the level limit on non human races? We were told level 100 was the limit for humans specifically.

Also you say that about the class but, the class is actually higher leveled than some of Hajime's group, but Hajime's group is still strong in stats. Shia is only level 40 after all. Yue is only 75 too which puts her around the class' level.

Old 2014-03-23, 04:48   Link #1279
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest2 View Post

And its kind of obvious their stats aren't as good as Hajime's group since Hajime's groups includes people who have cleared nearly twice as many dungeon levels and been alive for a few hundreds of years more. The stats they've gained in just 4 months is just as ridiculous as the current stats Hajime's group currently have from their much greater experience(excluding the monster-eater Hajime ofcourse).
Shia is 16 and Yue was sealed for over 300 of her 323 years, so that's not really an excuse. They just won the superpower lottery.

I just look at it as a perspective check. The "heroes" are supposed to be cheats in this world, so how does it compare to the protagonists? Their skills certainly show lots of training, especially Kaori's, but I don't see these cheats you keep talking about. Its pretty much what you expect of their class' in a RPG.

@Xacual

The levels don't really mean anything. Meld(who is still a pretty cool guy btw) could be lvl 100 and still get his ass kicked easily for instance. Its based on growth limit divided by 100(regardless of race). Having a lower level with comparable stats is actually much better(unless you're Hajime, who broke the system), because it means your limit is much higher. Shia has superior stats at about half the level. The class' stat growth on the other hand will stop when they reach 100, barring unorthodox circumstances like eating demons.

Last edited by bludvein; 2014-03-23 at 05:10.
Old 2014-03-23, 05:08   Link #1280
Guest2

Quote:
Shia is 16 and Yue was sealed for over 300 of her 323 years, so that's not really an excuse. They just won the superpower lottery.

I just look at it as a perspective check. The "heroes" are supposed to be cheats in this world, so how does it compare to the protagonists? Their skills certainly show lots of training, especially Kaori's, but I don't see these cheats you keep talking about.
I think you've misunderstood the point. Yue has greater stats because she has defeated more enemies in the past as well as together with Hajime than Koukis group has in their 4 months.

And I am quite surprised you don't consider all those resistance, magic enhancing and physical skills as cheats, despite even Hajime calling them so, since they had most of them from level 1. This is just the first time we as the reader has seen some others. Although as you mention in Kaori's case some were earned.

And you do understand its just an update an intro and only seems boring because its just a lead up to the next exciting event. Alot of the boring fights were skipped in Hajime's case, but with 14 people with such impressive and varied defensive, support and offensive abilities there is less of a struggle required, if compared to Hajime's group's case.
Guest2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baka yuusha, chuunibyou, complete, demons, dimension traveling, fantasy, firearms, harem, isekai, magitech, rabbitgirl, summoned, true harem, tsundere male mc, webnovel