Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-03-22, 19:24   Link #2981
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
I agree with everything else you said about Hakuryuu, and that he's not unique in being selected by a magi and a djinn. However you previously you stated Hakuryuu isn't a king. Then you said a king is selected by both a magi and a Djinn. Hakuryuu was in fact selected by both a Magi and a Djinn, but you still insist he's technically not a king in spite of that.

I'm sorry but I'm not quite able to reconcile the root of your logic versus your opinion in subtext.
Judar's and Zagan's endorsements are highly suspect.

Quote:
I don't recall Aladdin actually choosing her, as opposed to just making friends with her. I think there's a difference? I think this is another case of us having different interpretations of subtext.
When he approached her alone at her camp, he did not do so because he wanted to make friends. He wanted to see what kind of person she is and to ask her to spare the Kouga tribe. He very likely came away from that encounter with the impression that she was a good king. Certainly, he's encountered many other people since then and has always found prospective kings wanting.

There was a "but" when he considered Sinbad, Mogamett, but he seemed to consider Hakuei quite worthy after all was said and done.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 19:29   Link #2982
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
Judar's and Zagan's endorsements are highly suspect.

When he approached her alone at her camp, he did not do so because he wanted to make friends. He wanted to see what kind of person she is and to ask her to spare the Kouga tribe. He very likely came away from that encounter with the impression that she was a good king. Certainly, he's encountered many other people since then and has always found prospective kings wanting.
I agree they're both highly suspect, but they still technically fit the criteria. If the rules are "A magi and a Djinn Must select you as king" Then undeniably Hakuryuu fits that criteria. The rest is just supposition and interpretations.

The second part about Hakuei is also reading between the lines. I interpreted that scene as Aladdin investigating what sort of person she was.

Anyway where would Sinbad fall into this? He fits all your other criteria, he is technically a king, he does have plenty of followers, and he's got highest Djinn rate of approval, but he was never chosen by a Magi. He got started off by Yunan, but Yunan basically recanted choosing him, leaving him magi-less.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 19:49   Link #2983
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

In regards to Hakuei, yes, Aladdin deemed her to be a trustworthy and righteous person. I'm also sure that if Hakuei 'broke away' from Judal, Aladdin would pick her up in a heartbeat. She and Alibaba would see eye-to-eye on a lot of things and they are respectful enough to work around the things that they may not agree with. That and I can see Kougyoku going over to Alibaba as well if she finds that Judal doesn't give a damn about her and her family fractured further still. Of course, she'd be fighting to get them back together.

Sinbad...really doesn't need a Magi's blessing at this point. He's so strong as he is with 7 Djinn and his household members - he's an independent.

Aladdin has a head up over the others in that he's the reincarnation of Solomon - and what Djinn doesn't want to be back on Solomon's side? Maybe/Possibly a few wouldn't care but one could imagine that Aladdin has a lot of clout with the Djinn with just that.
Old 2014-03-22, 19:53   Link #2984
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
In regards to Hakuei, yes, Aladdin deemed her to be a trustworthy and righteous person. I'm also sure that if Hakuei 'broke away' from Judal, Aladdin would pick her up in a heartbeat. She and Alibaba would see eye-to-eye on a lot of things and they are respectful enough to work around the things that they may not agree with. That and I can see Kougyoku going over to Alibaba as well if she finds that Judal doesn't give a damn about her and her family fractured further still. Of course, she'd be fighting to get them back together.

Sinbad...really doesn't need a Magi's blessing at this point. He's so strong as he is with 7 Djinn and his household members - he's an independent.

Aladdin has a head up over the others in that he's the reincarnation of Solomon - and what Djinn doesn't want to be back on Solomon's side? Maybe/Possibly a few wouldn't care but one could imagine that Aladdin has a lot of clout with the Djinn with just that.
True, True and True. But, As for Hakuei, just because Aladdin would pick her doesn't mean that he already did pick her. I don't feel like he has, at least not yet.

The other stuff was more intended for the specific context of my debate with the other poster, since I was asking how he'd identify Sinbad, but I agree that he really doesn't need a magi. Doesn't change the fact that he really wants one though. I personally feel like Sinbad has a sort of personal understanding that ultimately all the "candidates" will reach a point where they'll need a Magi as a final say before there can be one true king.
Old 2014-03-22, 20:19   Link #2985
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
Anyway where would Sinbad fall into this? He fits all your other criteria, he is technically a king, he does have plenty of followers, and he's got highest Djinn rate of approval, but he was never chosen by a Magi. He got started off by Yunan, but Yunan basically recanted choosing him, leaving him magi-less.
I dismiss Hakuryuu as being a king because he has no followers and no one in the manga has anything nice to say about him. A Magi's and Djinn's endorsement lend credibility, but are not requirements. (actually I haven't even listed requirements)

Sinbad was chosen by Yunan, even if their relationship has developed into one of love/hate with for a lack of a better term "tsundere" undertones. Frankly, it seemed more like Yunan was afraid of what Sinbad might become rather than what he was. Though that's my opinion.
Old 2014-03-22, 20:31   Link #2986
anonfr

Quote:
I dismiss Hakuryuu as being a king because he has no followers and no one in the manga has anything nice to say about him. A Magi's and Djinn's endorsement lend credibility, but are not requirements. (actually I haven't even listed requirements)

Sinbad was chosen by Yunan, even if their relationship has developed into one of love/hate with for a lack of a better term "tsundere" undertones. Frankly, it seemed more like Yunan was afraid of what Sinbad might become rather than what he was. Though that's my opinion.
I don't know about Yunan. I feel more like Yunan abandoned Sinbad instead of it being anything Tsundere. He's scared of him the same way Aladdin is scared of him.
Old 2014-03-23, 00:28   Link #2987
Fwarlord

Quote:

"A charismatic king with many loyal followers" is just a kind of king among many. Just because many characters in this manga fit that category doesn't mean it's a necessary quality to become a proper king. Look at Solomon and Sinbad, they fit completely that category but there's obviously something wrong about them. Maybe a king that blinds all other with his bright radiant isn't fit to become king of the world because he will make all of his followers become dependent to him and thus render them useless as individuals.
Just a wild guest, but how about a lone king who begrudges mankind becoming king of the world? That way, the guy will never disturb with anyone's independence.
Old 2014-03-23, 22:55   Link #2988
CBredbeard
Banned

Valefor. <3
Old 2014-03-24, 08:01   Link #2989
Breimoon

by the way the enemy magicians in solomon flashback talked about Father again. Could Solomon's arrogance be that he wanted to go against God himself causing God's rage??
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 09:16   Link #2990
shalala

Quote:
Valefor. <3
Mini Valefor is the best Valefor. Reminds me of Momo <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
by the way the enemy magicians in solomon flashback talked about Father again. Could Solomon's arrogance be that he wanted to go against God himself causing God's rage??
I'm starting to think that God fell into deprivate.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 09:18   Link #2991
CBredbeard
Banned

This is the first time a Sinbad chapter beat a Magi chapter for me. Guess we didn't have enough Sheba.
Old 2014-03-24, 12:23   Link #2992
ChampDream
Alive

It look like Valefor will have a lot of fun seeing them trying to catch his mini self.
about Magi chapter, is interesting that Solomon's father is the leader of the church.
Old 2014-03-24, 12:47   Link #2993
Fwarlord

So Solomon's father is King David, I wonder if we will see Goliath too.
Old 2014-03-24, 13:18   Link #2994
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
So Solomon's father is King David, I wonder if we will see Goliath too.
That's interesting. When I read it I thought it played more into Abraham who was told to sacrifice his son Isaac.

Quote:
This is the first time a Sinbad chapter beat a Magi chapter for me. Guess we didn't have enough Sheba.
Agreed. Sheba's a cutie.
Old 2014-03-25, 02:21   Link #2995
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

So we finally know the reason why some Djinn have third eyes: It's needed for using extreme magic. I find it funny that out of all his old friends, only Ugo became a Djinn. And when they became a part of Al-Thamen, it seems like they also lost their third eye and their extreme magic. Maybe Solomon punished them by removing their strongest power ? Going by Alma Torran' standard, Sindbad would be a "Divine avatar" for sure, great magoi quantity without the support of "tower". Solomon must has twisted some rules while making the new world ( Alibaba's world ) to make sure people like his friends are extremely rare.

Also, Arba is my current favourite right now! The girl is using strength type magic and is freaking strong with it
Old 2014-03-25, 05:30   Link #2996
hamazura
whatever

eh, leader of imuchakk shows up with his djinn equip along with seven seas alliance + yunan and mor in anime this week...
that leader is the leader whom sinbad met in his manga???

and valefor is cute, not as cute as agares though

oh and btw, ithnan is one of divine staff user right? even he is specialize in offensive magic, the strongest among all. he is extremely OP if you compare him with human in current world. then why did he become so weak? could only use curses and poison.... and pwned by sinbad easily -_-

Last edited by hamazura; 2014-03-25 at 05:49.
hamazura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 08:14   Link #2997
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
eh, leader of imuchakk shows up with his djinn equip along with seven seas alliance + yunan and mor in anime this week...
that leader is the leader whom sinbad met in his manga???
No, that's a different person. Rametoto hasn't shown up in Sinbad's manga yet.
Old 2014-03-29, 07:40   Link #2998
Avaricia
My Lord

Hilarious! Advanced April fools day!

Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-29, 07:52   Link #2999
Awrya
U mad?

I was really excited the first two pages, by the end I was laughing and shaking my head.

From the pictures it looks like Solomon is talking how all rukh merge in the same place and there is no significant difference between the species other than the race they're born in.

Are Amon & Astaroth making an appearance?
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-03-29, 08:05   Link #3000
hamazura
whatever

lol the troll translation is so funny, i actually believe in this chapter until page 10

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen