AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-03-24, 07:46   Link #421
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I haven't seen an episode this bad animation-wise since Bakemonogatari 10. It ruined what little enjoyment I still derived from watching this series. Blunder of the year.

Plot-wise, it was also pretty bad, but then again, pretty much the whole series has been that way. This show sucks. It's even worse than Galilei Donna.
Old 2014-03-24, 08:10   Link #422
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This show sucks. It's even worse than Galilei Donna.
I agree whole-heartedly with the former, but not with the latter. I dropped Galilei Donna way before the end of the series, and I would have dropped this series a few episodes ago if it wasn't for Moyoyon. Galilei Donna had no exciting and intriguing characters, besides the fact that, like this series, it stretched the fabric of believability to the breaking point (and beyond).

Moyoyon, however, in whatever form she takes, is definitely worth watching.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 09:04   Link #423
hsmsful1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I haven't seen an episode this bad animation-wise since Bakemonogatari 10. It ruined what little enjoyment I still derived from watching this series. Blunder of the year.

Plot-wise, it was also pretty bad, but then again, pretty much the whole series has been that way. This show sucks. It's even worse than Galilei Donna.
LOL I was even planning to watch Galilei Donna. Now I probably won't.
As for this episode, it kinda reminded me of some anime I watched like 10 years ... I was so young. Anyways it had that same bad animation but it was natural for that time period. However the plot was pretty good. Why didn't you like it? :O
hsmsful1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 11:16   Link #424
v1cious

So now we have literally two shows in a row that ended with a trial episode. What the hell is that about? Also am I the only one who thought the big plot twist was pointless? I don't understand why they had this big reveal if they weren't going to do anything with it.
v1cious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 13:57   Link #425
hsmsful1

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1cious View Post
So now we have literally two shows in a row that ended with a trial episode.
What was the other show? O.o
hsmsful1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 14:00   Link #426
v1cious

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmsful1 View Post
What was the other show? O.o
Galiei Donna
v1cious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 16:34   Link #427
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

This method to resurrect is so soft unfortunately for me

Old 2014-03-24, 17:05   Link #428
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Hahaha, holy shit, this fucking episode!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 17:20   Link #429
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmsful1 View Post
LOL I was even planning to watch Galilei Donna. Now I probably won't.
As for this episode, it kinda reminded me of some anime I watched like 10 years ... I was so young. Anyways it had that same bad animation but it was natural for that time period. However the plot was pretty good. Why didn't you like it? :O
I didn't like Lucifer's summoning that pretty much accomplished nothing, Shizumu's death, the mecha battle (there are tons of cool powers in this show, why does it always end in mecha fights?), Cecil saving the bad guy, ... pretty much everything, really
Old 2014-03-24, 19:50   Link #430
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Hahaha, holy shit, this fucking episode!
They're wearing the "POLICE" in reverse in the same reason the "AMBULANCE" sign is reversed in ambulances.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 21:58   Link #431
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
Someone posted this on another site:

Aka lack of time/poor time management.
Was thinking it was something like that but still showing the ep this way all it does is hurt the show .
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 05:06   Link #432
LoveYouSaber

I still have problems figuring what they were trying to "sell" in this show. Magical battles (not flashy enough) or robot fights (too little) or legal cases (too shallow) or cute mascots (they ain't cute at all). I wish they just stuck with one aspect, especially now it seems they can't keep up on the animation aspect. At this point, it just looks like a mash of things, with nothing standing out, wedded to a terrible plotline.
LoveYouSaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 06:06   Link #433
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Looking back, I realize I would have preferred if the show's Myth Arc had been more like supernatural mystery (in the mystery genre sense), where Cecil investigates some clues, the elimination of the key individuals (the judge, prosecutor, and defendant) happened throughout the season, uncovers the conspiracy, and then get kidnapped to the Apocalyptic Summoning, instead of the crammed in the last minute supernatural action we have been presented with.

Not looking forward to the last episode anyhow.

Come to think of it, I wonder if the childhood friend will assist the trial? He would come out of nowhere, for the last episode too, but I feel like it would be a waste if he was mentionned just to not appear.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 19:16   Link #434
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I... don't think I can say much more than what's already been said on the production quality of the episode. The quality, in general, had been dwindling for weeks compared to the first couple of episodes. But geez... Just... What a pile a shit. I, too, wonder why they didn't just delay the airing if they were managing their time that poorly at the studio. What an embarrassment.

INTERESTINGLY enough, the scene in the episode with highest quality was Moyoyon bringing Quinn back to life. At least SOMEBODY over there knows who the best character is...

I'm both surprised and not surprised to see that the theory I mentioned earlier about the ritual 6 yrs ago being successful and Moyo being Lucifer was right. I'm wondering how she will proceed from this point onwards since she couldn't fuse with Cecil, though.

Last edited by Kismet-chan; 2014-03-26 at 20:02.
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 00:47   Link #435
Esclair

I feel like Umetsu shouldn't be given free reins to do whatever he wants. he should stick with just the action directing and leave the story to someone else.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 01:55   Link #436
JKL
Kyuuketsuki

^ As a fan of Umetsu's animation style I agree with this.
JKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 02:39   Link #437
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
...wow.

Spoiler for clip:
I cannot stop watching this scene, it is too hilarious. Of all the corners they cut, this definitely should not have been one of them.

If they make the final trial a slideshow I might just lose it
Old 2014-03-26, 07:43   Link #438
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
I feel like Umetsu shouldn't be given free reins to do whatever he wants. he should stick with just the action directing and leave the story to someone else.
I agree. He should just stick to animation and not meddle with the writing and directing.
Old 2014-03-26, 18:03   Link #439
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Yeah, this latest episode was hilariously bad, for multiple reasons.

It's a shame, because this anime showed a bit of potential a couple times. At the same time, though, the red flags were there - Some consider Cecil a Mary Sue, and I'm not sure I'd agree with that (for one thing, Mary Sues are usually more clever/effective than this ), but it is true that the plot continually bends over backwards to make Cecil a "Big Deal".

What now really puts this over the top (in a bad way) is "Lucifer" talking about how Cecil is the most pure and noble soul in all of humanity. Um... Okaaaayyy. Sorry, anime, but that sort of comment has to be earned by more than just an admirable amount of family concern and earnest sincerity. Or better yet, don't go there at all, because that sort of in-canon assessment of a character is just going to turn off a lot of viewers.
Old 2014-03-26, 18:58   Link #440
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Yeah, this latest episode was hilariously bad, for multiple reasons.

It's a shame, because this anime showed a bit of potential a couple times. At the same time, though, the red flags were there - Some consider Cecil a Mary Sue, and I'm not sure I'd agree with that (for one thing, Mary Sues are usually more clever/effective than this ), but it is true that the plot continually bends over backwards to make Cecil a "Big Deal".
A "Big Deal" in the sense of a McGuffin girl, sure, but as a power? She's seriously lacking, for a supposed "once in a few centuries powerful witch". Sure, she's got several powers, but the Diaboloid she had from the start is the only one she uses more than once, it's her most powerful, and even that isn't enough for her to really win serious fights.

Quote:
What now really puts this over the top (in a bad way) is "Lucifer" talking about how Cecil is the most pure and noble soul in all of humanity. Um... Okaaaayyy. Sorry, anime, but that sort of comment has to be earned by more than just an admirable amount of family concern and earnest sincerity. Or better yet, don't go there at all, because that sort of in-canon assessment of a character is just going to turn off a lot of viewers.
Well, yeah, but she was comparing her to a scumbag satanist, so, really, anyone besides that guy's bound to look good.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, stills