Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2014-03-19, 17:07   Link #461
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunarChain View Post
Spoilers part 2:
Thank you very much for your informative summaries. I still think that, IF there's a Schwarzesmarken 18+ VN with routes for individual characters, this is how the "true route" of Lyz and Theo's relationship should run at this point:

Spoiler for those who haven't read the summaries:
I would also like to see Sylvia find some happiness too, whether her ultimate fate can be changed by a hypothetical VN or not. Such things shine all the brighter, especially for "Broken Bird" characters.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-19, 20:34   Link #462
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

I find it a bit of too happy ending for our main characters, knowing that it Muv Luv, I'll be extreme cautious. Though I hope I'm wrong and wish the best for our official main couple.
Old 2014-03-19, 22:40   Link #463
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
I find it a bit of too happy ending for our main characters, knowing that it Muv Luv, I'll be extreme cautious. Though I hope I'm wrong and wish the best for our official main couple.
Would you prefer that Theo have the same kind of ending that the hero of the series your avatar's character is from had? I know I wouldn't.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-19, 23:43   Link #464
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Would you prefer that Theo have the same kind of ending that the hero of the series your avatar's character is from had? I know I wouldn't.
If Theo's death is similar to Haruto than it a blessing from the typical death in the Muv Luv's crapsack world. >_<

Obviously I'm hoping for a happy ending as well, but Muv Luv is likely to say otherwise. So I'm prepared in case just for that to happened.
Old 2014-03-25, 00:43   Link #465
LunarChain

There's somethin that i've been wondering about for sometime now.. If Irisidina is christian, why name her unit the 666th, which is basically the number of the beast. You'd think a christian wouldn't want such an evil name, and lol she even makes a joke about the bible once. Not really sure whats goin on here.
LunarChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 06:36   Link #466
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunarChain View Post
There's somethin that i've been wondering about for sometime now.. If Irisidina is christian, why name her unit the 666th, which is basically the number of the beast. You'd think a christian wouldn't want such an evil name, and lol she even makes a joke about the bible once. Not really sure whats goin on here.
Even if she is a Christian, it just a number and nothing more. It's not like she worships the devil.

Besides, it's only smaller very religious Christian groups that take the number seriously as the sign of the devil. It doesn't help that the media likes to extravagate it to the point the mainstream thinks all Christians fear the number.

Last edited by MrTerrorist; 2014-03-25 at 09:04.
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 08:24   Link #467
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Plus, y'know, she's kinda a Christian in secret? On account of how she's in Communist East Germany?

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 15:40   Link #468
faiz blaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Plus, y'know, she's kinda a Christian in secret? On account of how she's in Communist East Germany?
So? I fail to see your point.
Old 2014-03-25, 21:46   Link #469
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
Meaning if she came out with it she would be executed.
Old 2014-03-26, 00:54   Link #470
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Quote:
That's not actually accurate; East Germany *did* tolerate religion, up to a point, provided that clergy left the politics alone. They didn't like it, but actually being religious wasn't as condemning, as, say, listening to the BBC.

I'm more interested in knowing what denomination she would be; I'd assume Irisdina is a Protestant, but the Dresden area has been historically very Roman Catholic, so....
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 13:46   Link #471
Micropod

So, as of the most recent volume, the BETA are on the way to East Berlin, right? And we know from TSFIA that as of September 1983 the BETA are moving on Hamburg.

The conclusion of Schwarzesmarken ought to be interesting.
Micropod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-29, 03:49   Link #472
LunarChain

I've been gathering schwarzesmarken material, however I read that some schwarz stories are published in tsfia. These published portions in the tsfia magazine, are they exclusive to the magazine or they're also included in the volumes of the novel?
Old 2014-03-29, 12:05   Link #473
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

I believe that they're included in the novels; if not actually being summaries of the LNs themselves. The main difference are some of the illustrations, with TSFiA having everything in delicious colored Carnelian glory.

TSFiA does included however some of the background stories for various characters (like Sylwia, Pham, Liz), which are otherwise published in a separate Schwarzesmarken volumes knows as "Schwarzesmarken Requiem".
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 01:18   Link #474
LunarChain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
I believe that they're included in the novels; if not actually being summaries of the LNs themselves. The main difference are some of the illustrations, with TSFiA having everything in delicious colored Carnelian glory.

TSFiA does included however some of the background stories for various characters (like Sylwia, Pham, Liz), which are otherwise published in a separate Schwarzesmarken volumes knows as "Schwarzesmarken Requiem".
I see thanks.
Old 2014-03-30, 02:35   Link #475
LunarChain

Here's the finale of Schwarzesmarken..
Spoiler for Finale:

Last edited by LunarChain; 2014-03-30 at 08:03.
Old 2014-03-30, 03:22   Link #476
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
The eastern bloc at the very least did not care much for Christianity, and being a Christian publicly was a surefire way of getting tremendous amounts of shit heaped on you and persecution.

At the very least, Irisdina would have been rated politically unfit for command.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black knight iust View Post
Meaning if she came out with it she would be executed.
Not quite that bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
That's not actually accurate; East Germany *did* tolerate religion, up to a point, provided that clergy left the politics alone. They didn't like it, but actually being religious wasn't as condemning, as, say, listening to the BBC.

I'm more interested in knowing what denomination she would be; I'd assume Irisdina is a Protestant, but the Dresden area has been historically very Roman Catholic, so....
Huh. Not as bad as the Soviets, China and Vietnam then. That's not so bad.

As for denomination, I'd say she's either Lutheran or Catholic. The Lutheran Church is very strong in Germany, where it originated, but Europe has always been fairly half/half Catholic/Protestant. *shrug*

Yes I know I never really answered it.

-=-

*looks at spoilers*

Y'know, I kinda figured it was never going to end well, but GODDAMNIT AGE STOP KILLING ALL OUR WAIFU.

...Holy shit. This means Yui's the only waifu who hasn't been killed off. The power of tsunjellydere Yuimouto compels you!

I believe in miracles.

Old 2014-03-30, 03:26   Link #477
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
...Holy shit. This means Yui's the only waifu who hasn't been killed off. The power of tsunjellydere Yuimouto compels you!
- You KNOW that Kooki heard you and is currently rubbing his hands in glee over the twist surprise he has for Yui fans in the future...
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 03:31   Link #478
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

THAT IS IT!

Anyone has got a saw and a mask? Cause I'm going to kill Kooki!

Great! Mental Depression!

Pah...

That aside, this is truly Muv-Luv style: Someone has to die after seeing the silver lining.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 04:10   Link #479
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- You KNOW that Kooki heard you and is currently rubbing his hands in glee over the twist surprise he has for Yui fans in the future...
And so Yui becomes a killed off true Muv-Luv waifu option.

Just as keikakku. (TL note: Keikakku means planned.)

I believe in miracles.

Old 2014-03-30, 04:27   Link #480
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Hmm... Does anyone realize that main girls in Muv-Luv usually divided into two archetype: The Silent and The Talkative?

That aside, there is this question: How did the Communist Germany as well as Eastern Europe survive, when the main benefactor, Russia, has fallen?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote