Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-03-26, 07:02   Link #1781
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by setsuna86 View Post
who do you think will win if Yashamaru was to fight against Hishamaru?
Hishamaru. Gotta bet on the fox girl.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 08:33   Link #1782
rebelwings

Hello, anyone mind answering some of the questions here...? Thanks...

1. Who was the person that is talking to Tsumichikadou Yakou from this manga chapter?
Spoiler for Image:

2. About the Taizan Fukun Rituals, can anyone explain what Yashamaru/Shidou Dairenji in episode 22 meant by 'What I'm saying is, Yakou didn't mess up on the Taizan Fukun Ritual, but on the system it's part of.'?

3. When Natsume confess to Harutora in the last part of the last episode, why did Harutora's face looked like he wanted to cry? Also, did Harutora put Natsume to sleep after kissing her or she's just tired from being revived? :X

Last but not least...

will there be a possibility that Kagami will fight with Harutora again since he's awakened as Yakou?
rebelwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 09:11   Link #1783
DarkDooM

Spoiler:
Old 2014-03-26, 09:17   Link #1784
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by setsuna86 View Post
who do you think will win if Yashamaru was to fight against Hishamaru?
Most likely Hishamaru, she's basically a Divine General who's fought in a war and has far more experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelwings View Post

1. Who was the person that is talking to Tsumichikadou Yakou from this manga chapter?
Spoiler for Image:
That's Hishamaru, managaka made her gender more ambiguous to hide her identity.
Quote:
2. About the Taizan Fukun Rituals, can anyone explain what Yashamaru/Shidou Dairenji in episode 22 meant by 'What I'm saying is, Yakou didn't mess up on the Taizan Fukun Ritual, but on the system it's part of.'?
Actually he said/or should have said a "greater system".

By system, Shidou means a branch of magic, for example the Taizan Fukun Ritual is the term for Soul Magic which it's own set of spells that interact with Taizan Fukun (the God of the Dead in Taoism) in different ways.

Quote:
3. When Natsume confess to Harutora in the last part of the last episode, why did Harutora's face looked like he wanted to cry? Also, did Harutora put Natsume to sleep after kissing her or she's just tired from being revived? :X
Not sure about your first part (it didn't look like that to me), but Natsume was only semi-conscious during the conversation.

Quote:
Last but not least...

will there be a possibility that Kagami will fight with Harutora again since he's awakened as Yakou?
It's a possibility, Kakugyouki apparently has some history with Shaver or rather his sword Hiegkiri/Razor too.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 09:21   Link #1785
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDooM View Post
Spoiler:
She shouldn't have. Hishamaru was only debating breaking the last seal forcibly so she could draw more power to save Harutora from Shaver. Kakugyouki then showed up in time preventing her going through with it.
Old 2014-03-26, 09:22   Link #1786
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelwings View Post

Spoiler for Image:

Last but not least...

1 Kon aka Hishamaru The LN was able to keep Hishamaru's gender a bit more unclear until the reveal. the same scene was in ep 3 of the anime.

2 the ritual that Yakou was killed in wasn't likely to have been a normal Taizan Fukun ritual volume 1 states
Quote:
At the time, the military turned to the Onmyou Bureau in their dead end, escaping from reality and gradually losing their sanity. The military pleaded Yakou to hold a large-scale magic ritual to turn the tables - which ultimately ended in failure.There were no detailed records left behind related to this ritual, but it led to quite devastating aftereffects. Yakou who was performing the ritual was killed, but not only this, as an effect of the ritual, the aura of Tokyo was heavily disrupted, destroying the original balance and leading to a huge spiritual disaster like never before.
it was a ritual to turn the war around and unless they were planning on bringing back the dead the which Yakou would know it would be a huge mistake the were likely trying something else.

3 could be a lot of reasons, but most likely is the resurrection wasn't completely successful I haven't read that part yet but the jist of it is Natsume is only alive because she has been bound Hokuto (the dragon) and is using it's lifeforce.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 09:36   Link #1787
DarkDooM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
She shouldn't have. Hishamaru was only debating breaking the last seal forcibly so she could draw more power to save Harutora from Shaver. Kakugyouki then showed up in time preventing her going through with it.
No, Kakugyouki showed up after she had undone the last 2 seals.
Old 2014-03-26, 09:48   Link #1788
Iron Maw
Banned

No she didn't, atleast not in LN:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=402

Basically, the last one was still there, only half destroyed.
Old 2014-03-26, 10:20   Link #1789
DarkDooM

Quote:
No she didn't, atleast not in LN:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=402

Basically, the last one was still there, only half destroyed.
Just read through it and it seems like she "broke down the part bound to the seal" (4th seal, her spiritual power). But that, in turn, resulted in her never being able to recover her past memories that were sealed in the 5th seal.
Or at least there is no mentioning of her removing that seal.
Old 2014-03-26, 11:21   Link #1790
zztop

As an anime-only viewer, I'm perplexed as to what exactly Yakou's 2nd ambition really was.
Characters like Chief Kurahashi and Takiko always talk about its greatness, so I'm wondering if the LNs properly elaborated on that, and whether what they said was actually what Yakou really wanted.

And how exactly did Kakugyouki fit into all this again?
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 11:43   Link #1791
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

When is Vol 11 supposed to come out?
Old 2014-03-26, 12:15   Link #1792
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post
When is Vol 11 supposed to come out?
The date of the volume 11 release is the 19 of April 2014.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 16:54   Link #1793
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDooM View Post
Just read through it and it seems like she "broke down the part bound to the seal" (4th seal, her spiritual power). But that, in turn, resulted in her never being able to recover her past memories that were sealed in the 5th seal.
Or at least there is no mentioning of her removing that seal.
Yeah, I thought most of her past memories stored in the fifth seal which wasn't completely broken from what I understood. That's why she still recognized who Kakugyouki was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
As an anime-only viewer, I'm perplexed as to what exactly Yakou's 2nd ambition really was.
Characters like Chief Kurahashi and Takiko always talk about its greatness, so I'm wondering if the LNs properly elaborated on that, and whether what they said was actually what Yakou really wanted.

And how exactly did Kakugyouki fit into all this again?
Yakou became the Einstein/Oppenheimer or whatever famous overachiever equivalent of magic world thanks to him not only restoring Onmyoudo, but making it easier to use. This also strengthened Japan's position in WWII for a time and the current magic community wouldn't exist without him either. Whatever his second ambition was has not been revealed yet. We don't know if he even still holds that desire to bring it about either.

On your second question, Kakugyouki like Hishamaru was his familiar during the war, we don't know how they met since Kakugyouki's appearances were limited in the first part. One we learn about him is that he's the mythological Ibaraki Doji which makes him another individual from the Heian era.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-03-26 at 17:40.
Old 2014-03-26, 17:26   Link #1794
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Did Harutora ever visit his real father or at least his foster father in volume 10?
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 17:41   Link #1795
Iron Maw
Banned

Nope, he's kept himself away from anyone he knows.
Old 2014-03-26, 17:53   Link #1796
BW95
Banned

The thing I hate about reincarnation is that it always gets awkward between relatives.
Old 2014-03-26, 18:17   Link #1797
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
The thing I hate about reincarnation is that it always gets awkward between relatives.
What? You wouldn't want to have two dads and moms? actually i'm also really curious on what Miyo's reaction to him would be.

BTW explain or translate what this is about?

Old 2014-03-26, 18:36   Link #1798
BW95
Banned

Quote:
What? You wouldn't want to have two dads and moms? actually i'm also really curious on what Miyo's reaction to him would be.

BTW explain or translate what this is about?

Yeah, but they're also your grandkids.
Old 2014-03-26, 18:51   Link #1799
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Translation

Large text at the top: "Second Part Begin"
Small text from the left: "Tsuchimikado Harutora is no where to be found", sorry I 'm unable to read the last five line.

2 last line: Tokyo Raven vol 10 is currently selling, vol 11 Change:unchange release on April 19th.
hayate-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 18:55   Link #1800
Avaricia
My Lord

Here I was hoping for One armed Oni to be be Shuten-Doji
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasia bunko, harem, romance, supernatural