Here's a very rough translation with my limited knowledge of Japanese

Top line says it's the beginning of Act 2, then going from right to left

A future that was taken away
Everyday life that is ruined
"He is now traitor to the magical world"
The one-eyed boy with two familiars
The girl who returns from the underworld who chases after him
"Tsuchimikado Harutora is no longer around"
So he basically discarded his memories as Harutora? Awesome!!
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 19:08   Link #1803
BW95
Banned

Well, the current Harutora/Yakou could not really be called neither Harutora or Yakou, but he is definitely the basis of those two people with their sum total memories.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 19:39   Link #1804
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
BTW explain or translate what this is about?

Spoiler for Pic:
It's a promo for volume 11.

The text says (from right to left - though beginning with the big kanji in the upper side).

Spoiler for Possible Spoilers for Volume 11:

The text below simply says volume 10 is already on sale, as that volume 11 will be released on April 19th.
Old 2014-03-26, 21:36   Link #1805
Iron Maw
Banned

@hayate-sama, Cyblaster and Used Can, thanks for the translation guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
Yeah, but they're also your grandkids.
So that make you in next life your great grand kid?

Well, in eithercase Harutora seems just to call Yasuzumi by his name, though he may still call Takakhiro Dad being he's one raised him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaricia View Post
Here I was hoping for One armed Oni to be be Shuten-Doji
IIRC, I'm pretty sure that unlike Ibaraki Doji, he was confirmed to have died in all his myths.

Quote:
That would terrible and waste of development built up to now. All that "call me Harutora" he's been insisting on would be pointless. The statement just referring to fact that Harutora is no longer lives of the others.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-03-26 at 23:05.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 05:16   Link #1806
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I think it's a little off-topic but is there a connection between Tama no Mae and Kuzunoha (possible mother of Abe no Seimei, the ancestor of Tsuchimikado)? Both are fox youkai, but Tama no Mae seems to come from mainland China, while Kuzunoha and the rest of the kitsune youkai seem to be in Japan already.

Maybe Hishamaru will have nine tails in her (if it existed) released form. That would be really cool!
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 06:09   Link #1807
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I think it's a little off-topic but is there a connection between Tama no Mae and Kuzunoha (possible mother of Abe no Seimei, the ancestor of Tsuchimikado)? Both are fox youkai, but Tama no Mae seems to come from mainland China, while Kuzunoha and the rest of the kitsune youkai seem to be in Japan already.

Maybe Hishamaru will have nine tails in her (if it existed) released form. That would be really cool!
That would be interesting.
Old 2014-03-27, 07:17   Link #1808
MShukyDeneuve

nine-tailed fox surely common on japanese tales, it is interesting indeed if Hishamaru have hidden released form of nine-tailed fox...
MShukyDeneuve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 08:12   Link #1809
mucen

Quote:
You sure it doesn't mean he's simply missing or went on a run?
mucen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 10:21   Link #1810
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

The legendary sword in Tokyo Ravens' spin-off, The Sword of Song, looks just like Kusanagi-ni-Tsurugi. I can't read Japanese and I'm not bothering to read the furagana on it so i can't be sure. But that seems like it.

Since the MC seems to be a reincarnated person the previous user of the sword, does that mean he could be the reincarnation of Yamato Takeru? Damn! Why so many important figures in the same era? He even has twins accompanying him.

Also, another spin-off is a boy crossdress in an all girl miko school. Now I wish Harutora's own arc would be a harem too, to balance it.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 11:12   Link #1811
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mucen View Post
You sure it doesn't mean he's simply missing or went on a run?
Yes, the sentence mean that he is nowhere to be found not about his existence or personality.
hayate-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 12:38   Link #1812
xdhakspy

one small question

in vol 10 which is the name hishamaru an kakugyouki call their master?
xdhakspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 13:23   Link #1813
ZeKeR
Superbad

Miyo's reaction would probably be "I knew I saw you somewhere" assuming he actually looks like his past as well (Harutora's face + that long hair = NOPE) and if she remembered talking to him (wait, exactly how old was she when she had contact with Yakou? and was he at Harutora's age then?)

I'm guessing that the entirety of Japan will have magic lockdowns on YakouTora in the auspices of "he's the reincarnation of the guy who messed up Tokyo hard!" and "the leader of the fanatical sect that is the Twin Horn Syndicate that the Agency was trying to lock down" in v11.

that aside, I still want to see Hishamaru's jealousy as well as the revealing to his friends how stacked (is she?) and toned the cute chibi foxgirl that Kyouko treated like a kid.
Old 2014-03-27, 19:43   Link #1814
noctis_lucis

If he's a traitor to the magical society but I don't know if that means that the magical community knows he's Yakou's rencarnation I mean that info wouldn't be counterproductive for the Agency because well Yakou is respected even for the non-Yakou worshippers so my question is: did the Agency reveal Harutora is the rencarnation or did they only chase him because the taizan fukun san?
Old 2014-03-27, 19:49   Link #1815
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdhakspy View Post
one small question

in vol 10 which is the name hishamaru an kakugyouki call their master?
They still call him Yakou.
Old 2014-03-27, 19:49   Link #1816
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
Miyo's reaction would probably be "I knew I saw you somewhere" assuming he actually looks like his past as well (Harutora's face + that long hair = NOPE) and if she remembered talking to him (wait, exactly how old was she when she had contact with Yakou? and was he at Harutora's age then?)
My impression was that she was just a little girl and Yakou was already an adult. Considering he already became a pro Omnyo, got integrated into the military, starting making the imperial style, and then opened the Omnyoji prep school Miyo would attend, at that point in time.

I think he was pretty late in his life all things considered.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 19:50   Link #1817
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
My impression was that she was just a little girl and Yakou was already an adult. Considering he already became a pro Omnyo, got integrated into the military, starting making the imperial style, and then opened the Omnyoji prep school Miyo would attend, at that point in time.

I think he was pretty late in his life all things considered.
I recall D saying that Miyo was a miko when he met Yakou.
Old 2014-03-27, 20:27   Link #1818
Iron Maw
Banned

Miyo herself states that she knew him when she was a little girl. Takiko later adds it was Yakou who discovered her talent, leading her to becoming one of his first students.

Quote:
that aside, I still want to see Hishamaru's jealousy as well as the revealing to his friends how stacked (is she?) and toned the cute chibi foxgirl that Kyouko treated like a kid.
We have seen plenty of her jealousy when she was Kon remember? Now we truly know why she always interrupting or fighting with Natsume whenever those two tried to have moment alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noctis_lucis View Post
If he's a traitor to the magical society but I don't know if that means that the magical community knows he's Yakou's rencarnation I mean that info wouldn't be counterproductive for the Agency because well Yakou is respected even for the non-Yakou worshippers so my question is: did the Agency reveal Harutora is the rencarnation or did they only chase him because the taizan fukun san?
He's actually a controversial figure. Not everybody overlooks the Great Spiritual Disaster regardless of his deeds prior. IIRC Natsume has brief monologue about this divide in thought towards him in vol 3 during the spiritual terrorism incident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
I recall D saying that Miyo was a miko when he met Yakou.
Child priestesses are not uncommon.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-03-27 at 21:20.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 20:50   Link #1819
shndany

I just finished watching the anime. And I was thinking in starting the light novels, once I'm done with Date A Live.
Should I start since volume 1? Has the anime left out any important thing? Or should I start where the anime left?
shndany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 21:16   Link #1820
Quol
That Guy

The anime got down most of the important details, i recommend reading from volume 1 since this way you can get all the minor details that the story skipped out on (like shikigami classes). Also the anime skipped over some of volume 4 and a portion of volume 5 (mostly all short stories that are really funny)

As for starting off where the anime ended, i dont really think you can do that because the translation has only gotten to the training camp although the translator is working pretty fast.
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasia bunko, harem, romance, supernatural