Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-04-05, 15:54   Link #1421
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
Didn't say a single word about his fight with Azi Dahaka. At all.

I talked about Izayoi powering up, and the most logical way to go about it. Just that, nothing else.

I really hate when people point out something that has nothing to do with anything that I said as if they're trying poke a hole in my point.

Izayoi isn't currently strong enough to beat Azi. Do you want him to stay that way forever? I'd personally rather speculate about ways he can become stronger.

Thank you. That's my point, basically Izayoi fights on nothing but raw power and instinct, he's never needed anything more than that til now. But now, He's at a point where his raw talent and instinct isn't enough anymore.
MY POINT is that if Izayoi couldn't even scratch his opponents while going at them full force, then how will combat skills be of any use? That stuff is only effective if the gap in strength is such that your attacks could actually harm the opponent.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 16:05   Link #1422
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
MY POINT is that if Izayoi couldn't even scratch his opponents while going at them full force, then how will combat skills be of any use? That stuff is only effective if the gap in strength is such that your attacks could actually harm the opponent.
That remains to be seen. If Izayoi had martial arts skills on par with Kouryuu then he might be capable of winning against him, even though Kouryuu is strongly implied to be currently stronger than him.

If Izayoi's body and power is similar to Sun Wukong, and he had Sun Wukong's skills at martial arts, couldn't that make a big difference? Or would someone of Sun Wukong's level also be too weak?

I'm aware that against Azi he got to hit him as much as he wanted and it didn't do anything. I'm not just talking about Azi though. There's been several introduced characters that are on par with Izayoi or stronger than him. So he needs to level up somewhere and get stronger somewhere.

If his Last Embryo gift automatically upgraded to making him be able to beat Azi without Izayoi doing anything to get stronger on his own I feel like it would be too simple. Making Izayoi more of a cheat code than he already is. I'd like to see him build up his basic foundations to be stronger than they are right now. Who knows, if he got martial arts training maybe his punches would be even stronger and he'd be able to hurt Azi. I mean, isn't that how it works for normal people? A normal person, trains, get's stronger, and then he can hit harder or fight better than before. Izayoi is a person whose base stats are WAAAAYYY higher than any normal person, but we don't know if the same logic can't be applied. Maybe just because his base stats are higher to begin with doesn't mean he can't improve.

And he's a fighter character in a world where Martial Arts is a thing, so his character going in that direction wouldn't be that strange either.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 16:27   Link #1423
Birdway
Banned

Someone with less power but more training could pull aikido on him and beat him badly.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 16:37   Link #1424
endarion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Someone with less power but more training could pull aikido on him and beat him badly.
aikido on a giaiant dragon???
Old 2014-04-05, 16:38   Link #1425
anonfr

Quote:
But if he got more training himself, that wouldn't happen!

You get what I'm saying.

I understand that BW95 disagree's with my opinion that it could make a difference with Izayoi against Azi Dahaka, but I feel like him getting training could make a difference against stronger opponents overall.

I mean, Izayoi did lecture his fighting ability, so that makes me think he needs to improve his fighting ability.

I don't think my logic on the matter is flawed, since I'm just talking about ways for Izayoi to get stronger and improve from his current self in general.

@BW95

If you have a different opinion on how Izayoi could power up feel free to share it. Do you think he'll get a new gift? Or his Last Embryo could give him a new ability that would be better than his Aurora Pillar?

I really just want to have a discussion on Izayoi power ups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
Oh I thought he was talking about aikido on Izayoi. A giant dragon? I'm sure there's someone who could do it.
Old 2014-04-05, 16:41   Link #1426
endarion88

Chuck Norris?
Old 2014-04-05, 16:44   Link #1427
anonfr

Quote:
Chuck Norris?
Yes. Exactly.
Old 2014-04-05, 16:55   Link #1428
BW95
Banned

Quote:
But if he got more training himself, that wouldn't happen!

You get what I'm saying.

I understand that BW95 disagree's with my opinion that it could make a difference with Izayoi against Azi Dahaka, but I feel like him getting training could make a difference against stronger opponents overall.

I mean, Izayoi did lecture his fighting ability, so that makes me think he needs to improve his fighting ability.

I don't think my logic on the matter is flawed, since I'm just talking about ways for Izayoi to get stronger and improve from his current self in general.

@BW95

If you have a different opinion on how Izayoi could power up feel free to share it. Do you think he'll get a new gift? Or his Last Embryo could give him a new ability that would be better than his Aurora Pillar?

I really just want to have a discussion on Izayoi power ups.

Oh I thought he was talking about aikido on Izayoi. A giant dragon? I'm sure there's someone who could do it.
It has already been stated by Canaria that his gift is currently at the first stage. So Izayoi has yet to full realize the potential of his current gift. I doubt he'll get a new gift. He needs to learn the ins and outs of his current one. After all, he is the trump card Canaria gave her life to create to defeat the Maou that destroyed Arcadia, which managed to seal Azi Dahaka to begin with.
Old 2014-04-05, 17:01   Link #1429
Alyxis
Mad Hatter

True... Someone with half his physical abilities and a master martial artist could give him a run for his money.

To hunger, but not gluttonous. To arouse, but not lustful. To tire, but not slothful.

Alyxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 17:22   Link #1430
anonfr

Quote:
It has already been stated by Canaria that his gift is currently at the first stage. So Izayoi has yet to full realize the potential of his current gift. I doubt he'll get a new gift. He needs to learn the ins and outs of his current one. After all, he is the trump card Canaria gave her life to create to defeat the Maou that destroyed Arcadia, which managed to seal Azi Dahaka to begin with.
So you're answer to my question is that the last Embryo will upgrade?

Because my question was:

Quote:
Do you think he'll get a new gift? Or his Last Embryo could give him a new ability that would be better than his Aurora Pillar?
My question was Not "please lecture me on all the reasons I already know as to why he wouldn't need a new gift."

New gifts are helpful though. Like the gift he got that let's him talk to Eudemon's has been particularly helpful.

So you think Last Embryo is just gonna upgrade and then we'll magically have Izayoi 2.0? Or do you think there will be any other methods for Izayoi to power up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxis View Post
True... Someone with half his physical abilities and a master martial artist could give him a run for his money.
Yeah, that's why I think Izayoi improving his combat capabilities could make a huge difference. Someone with impressive instincts and raw talent could still lose to a master martial artist 9 times out of 10 right?

I think even when the people are god and devil king level the same logic can still be applied.
Old 2014-04-05, 17:40   Link #1431
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
if someone can with one punch turn you into a meat patty. No matter how smart or skill you are if the other guy is also faster you will become a meat patty.
Old 2014-04-05, 17:41   Link #1432
BW95
Banned

Quote:
So you're answer to my question is that the last Embryo will upgrade?

Because my question was:

My question was Not "please lecture me on all the reasons I already know as to why he wouldn't need a new gift."

New gifts are helpful though. Like the gift he got that let's him talk to Eudemon's has been particularly helpful.

So you think Last Embryo is just gonna upgrade and then we'll magically have Izayoi 2.0? Or do you think there will be any other methods for Izayoi to power up?

Yeah, that's why I think Izayoi improving his combat capabilities could make a huge difference. Someone with impressive instincts and raw talent could still lose to a master martial artist 9 times out of 10 right?

I think even when the people are god and devil king level the same logic can still be applied.
An upgrade certainly, but I don't believe he'll get a new gift to help him fight. Think about it. Canaria gave her life to give him the gift that could avenge Arcadia. Not only does this speak volumes about Last Embryo's power, but it also holds emotional significance. You don't really think he'll rely on another gift to accomplish that task?
Old 2014-04-05, 18:01   Link #1433
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
if someone can with one punch turn you into a meat patty. No matter how smart or skill you are if the other guy is also faster you will become a meat patty.
What about 2 people who have the same strength and speed, but one of them has martial arts training and the other party has none?

Quote:
An upgrade certainly, but I don't believe he'll get a new gift to help him fight. Think about it. Canaria gave her life to give him the gift that could avenge Arcadia. Not only does this speak volumes about Last Embryo's power, but it also holds emotional significance. You don't really think he'll rely on another gift to accomplish that task?
I don't need to think about something I already know. I never stated my opinion is "Izayoi will get another gift" I asked if you had that opinion. You also don't need to tell me what Canaria' intentions are, I already know them. So again, please don't lecture me on things I already know when you have not yet heard my own opinion. Thank you.

I actually agree with you. I'd like to see Izayoi get more gifts, but not for fighting exactly. More like for sheer diversity.

So, you think Izayoi powering up will solely be an upgrade in his last embryo gift? No training, no anything, just an upgrade?

What do you think will activate the upgrade? Battle Experience or near death experiences? Like what are the conditions needed for Izayoi's last embryo to grow? What will Izayoi need to do to reach more of his potential?
Old 2014-04-05, 18:20   Link #1434
Alyxis
Mad Hatter

Quote:
What do you think will activate the upgrade? Battle Experience or near death experiences? Like what are the conditions needed for Izayoi's last embryo to grow? What will Izayoi need to do to reach more of his potential?
Well that's what's so mysterious about his gift, no one knows how much it will grow or its full potential let alone what would trigger its development...

To hunger, but not gluttonous. To arouse, but not lustful. To tire, but not slothful.

Old 2014-04-05, 18:21   Link #1435
BW95
Banned

Quote:
What about 2 people who have the same strength and speed, but one of them has martial arts training and the other party has none?

I don't need to think about something I already know. I never stated my opinion is "Izayoi will get another gift" I asked if you had that opinion. You also don't need to tell me what Canaria' intentions are, I already know them. So again, please don't lecture me on things I already know when you have not yet heard my own opinion. Thank you.

I actually agree with you. I'd like to see Izayoi get more gifts, but not for fighting exactly. More like for sheer diversity.

So, you think Izayoi powering up will solely be an upgrade in his last embryo gift? No training, no anything, just an upgrade?

I am reluctant to call it an upgrade so much as simply realizing its potential. Besides, as Kouryuu noted Izayoi's got some good instincts for fighting considering he's rarely fought anyone seriously.. So the best training for him would be live combat. Kinda like Campione! Probably near death experiences. It's always something like that.
Old 2014-04-05, 18:27   Link #1436
anonfr

Quote:
Well that's what's so mysterious about his gift, no one knows how much it will grow or its full potential let alone what would trigger its development...
Yeah and I am SUPER curious. I think if you think about the gift as something inside him, and you think of Izayoi as a container for it, then you would have to strengthen the container for it to grow.

Quote:
I am reluctant to call it an upgrade so much as simply realizing its potential. Besides, as Kouryuu noted Izayoi's got some good instincts for fighting considering he's rarely fought anyone seriously.. So the best training for him would be live combat. Kinda like Campione! Probably near death experiences. It's always something like that.
Other than having God's the tropes in this series seem to be different from Campione so I'm not sure if it'll go by the same rules.

So something like just have him get stronger over the progression of the next few volumes as he fights enemies?

Personally, I kind of want him to fight Kouryuu or someone comparable like over and over again until he naturally improves his fighting technique. Like Level grinding on a strong opponent. I feel like that type of training could work.
Old 2014-04-05, 18:36   Link #1437
Mars Mode

Something Izayoi is suceptible is to the trope of the world of cardboard trope after the chains Canaria put around him, and he hasnt used all his strength until the fight against Azi Dahaka, where he literally was crushing his fists against Azi since he hasnt used all his strenght since the moment he was born.
Mars Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 18:48   Link #1438
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
On Izayoi, follow the thread properly.

Martial arts improves not justthe body but the mind as well and with mind comes the maduration of one own spirits which is importante in this series.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 19:03   Link #1439
Alyxis
Mad Hatter

Does anyone have a detailed summary for this vol? Plus no one seems to care much about kurousagi and her new power-up... ;(

Old 2014-04-05, 19:20   Link #1440
anonfr

Quote:
On Izayoi, follow the thread properly.

Martial arts improves not justthe body but the mind as well and with mind comes the maduration of one own spirits which is importante in this series.
Yeah! So you think Izayoi learning some proper Martial Arts is a good start for him powering up too?

Quote:
Does anyone have a detailed summary for this vol? Plus no one seems to care much about kurousagi and her new power-up... ;(
I wanna know about her power up, and how she got the Rabbit Ears back, and how Purgatory was. But no one's mentioned anything about it.

The LN spoilerists can be pretty proactive, so I felt like if no one mentioned it, there might be a good reason. But I am super curious about what went down.

And a lot of things. Like Izayoi was basically saved by others showing up. Who was that? Kouryuu? Or did he just keep fighting until Kuro Usagi got her ears back? Did she get her real name yet? Can she use more than one tool at a time?

How is Yo gonna get her powers back? Is she gonna steal another genome tree off the Griffon that has one? SO MANY QUESTIONS.

Tags
alternate world, sneaker bunko