AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-04-06, 01:19   Link #41
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
No she isn't. Don't start with that.
So you mean I should just go ahead and call her fat?

Quote:
But I want my innocent lewd!
Oh yes. Naughty little Rika.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2014-04-06, 01:37   Link #42
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

One of the most unexpected announcements for this series for me. I saw an adaptation coming but not as soon as this. I will be looking forward to this, definitely.
Old 2014-04-06, 02:12   Link #43
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

This isn't going to end well . I doubt they will have the time to include each and every girls, and we all know waifu is serious business.
Old 2014-04-06, 02:27   Link #44
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

I'm actually pretty excited about this. If you check out the multitude of Cinderella themed iM@S manga, they're actually pretty cute and involving. I'm not holding out for something as great as 2011 iM@S, but I could definitely see it working.
Old 2014-04-06, 04:03   Link #45
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
http://sgcafe.com/2013/05/results-id...tion-announced

The ranks have barely changed since them based on fanarts as indicator.
Thanks. I wish I knew Japanese so it would be easier to figure out which girls ended up in 11-50th place.

That's the one thing that I have doubts about. I'm carefully optimistic but it's going to be hard to juggle so many characters. That's probably why (it looks like) they're going to focus on the PV girls.

Mimura is one of my favorite girls because she's so darn cute. I don't mind if she's plump, you can hardly tell anyways. Anime has a habit of saying a girl is "fat" and not showing it. Reminds me of Ranma 1/2.

"Lincoln had potential. However, his weakness was he couldn't handle bullets." - Hoshimiya Kate
Old 2014-04-06, 04:06   Link #46
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Damn. People here cares only about moe-gimmiks and appearance. Don't you give any damn about girls character or singing?

Although. Just looked at the rankings. Maaya Uchida and Saori Hayami as eiyuus. I would rethink the quote about singing although they are not smth impressing.
Old 2014-04-06, 04:10   Link #47
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
A1 Pictures not happy that Sunrise is taking a market share of thier idol market via Love Live. They are also not impressed a Love Live S2 is announced. They retort by making the next Idolmaster anime.

Don't take me seriously I'm just kidding

Back on topic, I was pretty bleh about the original Idolmaster anime but it was significantly more tolerable to watch than AKB0048, Symphogear, Love Live and its like.
Old 2014-04-06, 04:22   Link #48
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Damn. People here cares only about moe-gimmiks and appearance. Don't you give any damn about girls character or singing?
If you're referring to me, I'm also happy that we're going at least get Anzu and Kirari squabbles, Kaede's bad puns, Mayu POV cam (jiiiiiiiii), story time with Koume, mushroom trips, magic tricks, and potential skydiving lessons.

I commented on Mimura because of an earlier post.

Damn, it's been a while since I've listened to any of the Cinderella Masters. I need to go through them again.

Then again, what if we like a character and she doesn't have a release? In that case we can only form our opinions based on a handful of traits.

I think it would be great to see characters like ninja girl Ayame Hamaguchi or otaku Yuriko Ohnishi. Yeah, they're cute, but they also have something other than a cookie cutter personality.

It would be funny to see Makino Yagami spying on the girls and getting foiled at every turn. Perhaps Miyako Anzai keeps inadvertently stopping her while looking for clues to who's following them?

I will admit that I'm...persuaded to like certain characters (Layla, Fumika Sagisawa, Reiko Takahashi) based on their looks but I also want to get to know their personalities better.

"Lincoln had potential. However, his weakness was he couldn't handle bullets." - Hoshimiya Kate

Last edited by ZodiacBeast; 2014-04-06 at 04:38.
Old 2014-04-06, 06:09   Link #49
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Can anyone here list the names of the 9 Cinderella girls featured in that PV? I just need the names.
Old 2014-04-06, 06:56   Link #50
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Can anyone here list the names of the 9 Cinderella girls featured in that PV? I just need the names.
If you mean the three groups of girls starting from about 28 seconds into the PV then it looks like Rin Shibuya, Uzuki Shimamura, Mio Honda, Mika Jougasaki, Ranko Kanzaki, Miho Kohinata, Kanako Mimura, Rika Jougasaki and Riina Tada.

Old 2014-04-06, 07:03   Link #51
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

yup, those three. thxxxxxxxx
Old 2014-04-06, 07:10   Link #52
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

You can check out all the idols (all bazillion of them) here: http://www.project-imas.com/wiki/THE...nderella_Girls. TV Tropes has more data on most of the girls though. A lot of the girls don't have data on TV tropes and only have minimal data on the Imas wiki so there might be even more interesting girls that could potentially appear.

I'd list all the girls I'd like to appear besides the Master girls but I don't want to be disappointed when they don't, although it would be interesting to compare with other people.

Old 2014-04-06, 07:31   Link #53
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodiacBeast View Post
You can check out all the idols (all bazillion of them) here: http://www.project-imas.com/wiki/THE...nderella_Girls. TV Tropes has more data on most of the girls though. A lot of the girls don't have data on TV tropes and only have minimal data on the Imas wiki so there might be even more interesting girls that could potentially appear.

I'd list all the girls I'd like to appear besides the Master girls but I don't want to be disappointed when they don't, although it would be interesting to compare with other people.
rofl

I'm doing exactly that right now.
Old 2014-04-06, 07:47   Link #54
Birdway
Banned

Tagayaki Kaede has Saori Haya mi as voice, not including her would be stupid and a waste.
Old 2014-04-06, 07:51   Link #55
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Tagayaki Kaede has Saori Haya mi as voice, not including her would be stupid and a waste.
I saw her in the PV so she has a high chance of appearing. I hope she does since she's an interesting character.

Geez, I just realized. If they include all of the master girls (with a few exceptions they're all in the PV) plus the two girls that don't have Master releases that's already 32 girls. Wow. There are also 32 other girls that I'd like to see show up so that's 64 characters. No way that's going to happen.

If it turns out to be 26 full length episodes (I hope) then there should be room for lots of characterization and cameos/interaction with other characters.

Last edited by ZodiacBeast; 2014-04-06 at 08:31.
Old 2014-04-06, 12:26   Link #56
Candyshark

@Nachtwandler: If Uchida and Hayami for you are not impressive then I don't even know. Saori regarded as one of better singer in voice actor circles. I bet many of hardened imas veterans who went through Kuguyu, Nakamura and Nigo Mayako singing have little complains about singing abilities of CG girls.

Characer CDs are not always good basis to judge the singer. I'm refering to peep-squeak lolis. My personal non-professional casual consumer opinion (people with musical education and good "ears" can give more adequate explanation):

With Kohinata Miho and Mimura Kanako we have 2 yuriyuri girls: Tsuda Minami nad Ootsubo Yuka. They are both decent plus at least some experience.

Mizuki Kawashima - Noa Toyama: At some point her agency tried to push her as idol. Few CDs and lives here and there.

Mayu Sakuma the yandere vibes chick is voiced by Yui Makino she kind of disappeared from voice acting seems like ages past since Tsubasa Chronicles. but she has Piano Education released few CDs on her own.

Miku Maekawa personally think she is good but I might be baised since I like Natsumi Takamori a lot.

Jougasaki sisters I heard cringeworthy performances and okeish.

Karen Hojo and Noa Kamiya got Fuchigami Mai and Matsui Eriko respectively. Both very fitting. Later did Benio in Mikakunin de Shinkoukei, has pretty strong voice to pull of rocky chick.
First Rin's VC then around 6:15 Nao's.

Main girls Rin Shibuya - Ayaka Fukuhara has cool voice but get out of breath too fast. Mio Honda - Hara Sayuri can't even say I took notice of her. Ayaka Ohashi (Uzuki CV) is most likely most capable singer.

Bonus of 3 main girls singing few CG songs

Can't say there are abysmally bad singers or horribly annoying voices but no outstanding or extremely powerful ones. Besides plenty of girls are newcomers and I'm skeptic about their voice acting than singing.
Old 2014-04-06, 12:55   Link #57
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
Mizuki Kawashima - Noa Toyama: At some point her agency tried to push her as idol. Few CDs and lives here and there.
Her seiyuu career has kind of skyrocketed like no one's business, though. And I like love call, so I don't think she's bad.

Quote:
Mayu Sakuma the yandere vibes chick is voiced by Yui Makino she kind of disappeared from voice acting seems like ages past since Tsubasa Chronicles. but she has Piano Education released few CDs on her own.
Pity, I love the Revelations OP. Hopefully she can still deliver.

Quote:
Jougasaki sisters I heard cringeworthy performances and okeish.
Well, I'm looking forward more to shenanigans and cuteness from these two than anything else.

Quote:
Karen Hojo and Noa Kamiya got Fuchigami Mai and Matsui Eriko respectively. Both very fitting. Later did Benio in Mikakunin de Shinkoukei, has pretty strong voice to pull of rocky chick.
Nao is rocky?

Quote:
Main girls Rin Shibuya - Ayaka Fukuhara has cool voice but get out of breath too fast.
I sense a new quirk on the horizon.

Quote:
Mio Honda - Hara Sayuri can't even say I took notice of her.
Business as usual for Mio

Quote:
Ayaka Ohashi (Uzuki CV) is most likely most capable singer.
If the show goes in the direction I think, this is a pretty sad fact.
Old 2014-04-06, 12:59   Link #58
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

This brings up another point that should be taken into consideration. There's no way that there are enough capable voice actors and singers that would be available for a very large cast of girls, so that will severely limit the number of girls they can use.

Well, that and trying to match voices to girls that don't even have one yet.

Old 2014-04-06, 23:05   Link #59
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

The Legions of Ranko will run the streets red.

That said, I never understood how CG even got off the ground. It is so different from iM@S games, there's no music bundled in the game, just loads and loads of cool looking cards. Instead, the music and the personalities are all bundled off to "spin-off" media like CD singles, a manga and a radio show that came after.

If anything, CG was an idol promotion platform first, then a idol media periphery second, and a good game last. Whereas iM@S to me has always been some combination of the three while being an interactive CGI anime at the same time which established the Idol Anime as a proper subgenre.

And then, there are the voices. In effect, CG has effectively a standalone cast, with none of the original voices really taking center stage. Million Live on the other hand has the veterans return with an expanded cast.

If it succeeds, and I hope it does, it will be because of the strength of the voices and the individual characters rather than how "ridiculously popular" CG the game was. I say that in inverted commas because I really don't get the CG game, and the radio show makes me yawn. I hope the anime does work CG's magic on me, because atm I believe more in Million Live being the successor of iM@S than CG.

Once CG succeeds, I hope iM@S transcends into a long-running series like Gundam, where we keep getting more girls, more alternative idols, and the same tropes over and over with new flavours each time.

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2014-04-06 at 23:18.
Old 2014-04-06, 23:29   Link #60
Birdway
Banned

^

The reason is simple(?)

It was based on expectations.

If the social game is popular enough--> expands merchandising trough different media ---> manga, light novels--->Singles, audio drama CD

Then given how the movie included cameos of spin off characters, it looked the reception was good enough to take the risk.

Maybe one of the staff purposes for the movie was to test the waters, and now they deem it now as favorable.

Btw, 1) CG came first before 1ML, 2) CG isn't afraid of using crazy characters which means more variety for the comunity. 3) CG has more appealing character designs as consequence of their variety.

Last edited by Birdway; 2014-04-06 at 23:41.
Closed Thread