Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-04-10, 16:36   Link #361
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
But from the look of it those things are thousands of meters high (maybe exaggerated), they sure take some time to build and also require the materials to be there
Even if they weren't as big as they were now, varanium still wards off Gastreas. So this effect became strong enough to protect the city as they built the monoliths.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 16:55   Link #362
Vocah

And I have no problem with this part, hell, I wouldn't have a problem with one or two of those things completed, but there are at least two dozen of those things that are visible at the end of this episode.

It just breaks my suspension of disbelief to take this seriously. Nearly exterminated but have the manpower to get the required materials there and build the monoliths in a short amount of time... I would take it more seriously if those things were suddenly dropping from space or materialising out of thin air :x
Vocah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 17:57   Link #363
BW95
Banned

Quote:
And I have no problem with this part, hell, I wouldn't have a problem with one or two of those things completed, but there are at least two dozen of those things that are visible at the end of this episode.

It just breaks my suspension of disbelief to take this seriously. Nearly exterminated but have the manpower to get the required materials there and build the monoliths in a short amount of time... I would take it more seriously if those things were suddenly dropping from space or materialising out of thin air :x
Well, then you've clearly underestimated what mankind is capable of when they're desperate.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 18:07   Link #364
XFire
150% done

Quote:

Well, if it really bothers you that much, you may as well give up since as far as I know there isn't a special explanation beyond "this is what we built to keep them out. Sucks its only 99.99% effective, huh?"

That said, you're the only person I've heard complain about it. I honestly never gave it much consideration.

One thing I noticed earlier though, it sounded like you thought this was the only city left. It isn't, there are several others out there in Japan alone. when it says mankind retreated behind the monoliths, it meant everyone everywhere crowded into these cities. So it isn't like AoT where there is only one wall.
Old 2014-04-10, 18:21   Link #365
Vocah

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Well, if it really bothers you that much, you may as well give up since as far as I know there isn't a special explanation beyond "this is what we built to keep them out. Sucks its only 99.99% effective, huh?"

That said, you're the only person I've heard complain about it. I honestly never gave it much consideration.

One thing I noticed earlier though, it sounded like you thought this was the only city left. It isn't, there are several others out there in Japan alone. when it says mankind retreated behind the monoliths, it meant everyone everywhere crowded into these cities. So it isn't like AoT where there is only one wall.
That's what I'm going to do.

I also don't have it too often.

I never really thought that's the only city left, so I don't know how you got that impression.
Vocah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 18:33   Link #366
Death Usagi
Banned

Can't wait for more. Enju is adorable XD

Also is it just me or OP sounds like a mix of fripside and Shingeki no Kyojin's OP theme in a way...?
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 21:15   Link #367
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

It more or less started like a generic action series. Nothing really "innovative" about it, but the overall plot holds a lot of potential. Also, the MC isn't totally generic. For one he isn't stupid & while he is weak, he isn't hopelessly weak. (You know, how the underdog usually becomes the strongest by the time the series ends. In this case, the MC was somewhat strong already)

Still, lolis once again proved that they dominate the anime industry. In this series, the lolis are the key to saving humanity. (That's real original ) At least their presence fits the plot & is sensible. Since the virus outbreak was ten years ago, that means all girls (dubbed Initiators, who are only female btw) that can combat the Gastrea (victims of the virus) are below the age of ten.

Overall, it wasn't a bad first episode & I can see myself sticking with it to the end. The villain with the mask gets bonus points for being awesome in a disturbing kinda way.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 21:41   Link #368
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Worth the wait! Now if only I could find the LN.
Too bad that until now in the manga, Kisara hasn't showing her power yet. Hope she would do it in this season!
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 22:17   Link #369
Rethice
Kingslayer

Send a message via AIM to Rethice Send a message via MSN to Rethice
Wow, a great concept with a lot more blood and gore than I would expect from such a story presented in such a juvenile way. If this isn't a show designed to appeal to edgy kids I don't know what is.

That said, pilot episodes are always misleading, will give it another shot to see if it shows any signs of maturity to match its subject matter down the line.
Old 2014-04-10, 22:47   Link #370
XFire
150% done

Quote:
That's what I'm going to do.

I also don't have it too often.

I never really thought that's the only city left, so I don't know how you got that impression.
Oh. Well, that sucks. You'll be missing out, but to each his own I guess.

I just got that impression because it sounded like you had said humanity had all been backed into Tokyo, or that they had to make the Monoliths on their own. It isn't really a big deal, I just thought it might help explain how they were built so fast.
Old 2014-04-11, 09:57   Link #371
Mega27

I no longer think this is going to be 12/13 episodes anime. The voice actors for characters in volumes 3-4 were announced, including Syouma Nagisawa and Midori Fuse, who were originally not on either posters.

Mega27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-11, 11:46   Link #372
Yaze Motoki

Not a 2-cour ? :'(
Yaze Motoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-11, 12:18   Link #373
Mega27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaze Motoki View Post
Not a 2-cour ? :'(
Nuh, what I'm saying is that I now think it will be a 2-cour anime. >__>
Old 2014-04-11, 12:22   Link #374
Yaze Motoki

Ah sorry xD i dont understand this

Ps: im french and i speak english a little sorry ^^
Yaze Motoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-11, 12:52   Link #375
Mega27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaze Motoki View Post
Ah sorry xD i dont understand this

Ps: im french and i speak english a little sorry ^^
Hahaha, it's okay bro.
Old 2014-04-11, 12:56   Link #376
BionicMeerkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega27 View Post
I no longer think this is going to be 12/13 episodes anime. The voice actors for characters in volumes 3-4 were announced, including Syouma Nagisawa and Midori Fuse, who were originally not on either posters.
2-cour? Sweet! If it was only 1-cour I would be worried about the pacing but this helps relieve it. Nice find Mega

Have a question regarding a series? Feel free to tweet at me @BionicMeerkat

Editor @ Baka-Tsuki for Mondaiji, Black Bullet, Strike the Blood, Maou na Ore, Rakudai

RIP in pieces Black Bullet and Strike the Blood
BionicMeerkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-11, 13:56   Link #377
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That was considerably better than expected, but considering I was getting really bad Hidan no Aria vibes from this show I guess that's not saying much. I'm assuming the reason the Initiators are all little children is because the Gastrea only appeared about a decade ago so any children mixed parentage would naturally still be children. Why they all have to be female however is probably going to be less convincing if even bother to explain it. Still I don't begrudge our little loli mascot anythimg and generally enjoyed her prescence. There seems to be a hint of fatherly concern in the MC that I presume will come into play more but personally I'm more interested in his relationship with his boss. They have a good chemistry.

The action...well there certainly was some questionable decisions in the choreography...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-11, 14:50   Link #378
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
That was considerably better than expected, but considering I was getting really bad Hidan no Aria vibes from this show I guess that's not saying much. I'm assuming the reason the Initiators are all little children is because the Gastrea only appeared about a decade ago so any children mixed parentage would naturally still be children. Why they all have to be female however is probably going to be less convincing if even bother to explain it. Still I don't begrudge our little loli mascot anythimg and generally enjoyed her prescence. There seems to be a hint of fatherly concern in the MC that I presume will come into play more but personally I'm more interested in his relationship with his boss. They have a good chemistry.

The action...well there certainly was some questionable decisions in the choreography...
Despite being a manga reader, I honestly didn't know it was an actual rule that "Initiator = girl", I thought the author just wasn't writing in any boys.

If they do give an explanation, it'll probably be something like "Gastrea are always female when born, and as they go through stages eventually become male."

Yes, I ripped that from CSR.
Old 2014-04-11, 17:11   Link #379
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Suppose it's just possible that the Gastrea are all female. May not need another gender because they seem to reproduce by infecting other species (specifically humans). Could just be that part of the infection in the children changes their structure in development making them all be born female. If it alters them enough to give the kids extreme physical abilities nothing too crazy about them being gender shifted before birth.

In the end probably more about giving us super powered lolis, but I can get behind it. With how the Gastrea seem to behave it's a workable explanation.
Old 2014-04-11, 17:24   Link #380
erdii

ah I want to watch this anime but at the same time I don't :S drama is strong with this one

Tags
action, fantasy, grimdark, loli, post, seinen