Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-04-07, 00:38   Link #401
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Onto the anime PV itself, my thoughts were exactly like shmaster: How did Shintarou's room become that big? And I really can't wait to listen to the OP!
He might be living off his idol sister, or maybe some of his songs sell... who knows (Poor Momo, having a NEET brother sucks, I share the feelings ). And I agree, can't wait to ear the OP, the rocking tune sounds cool!
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
BloodyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 08:03   Link #402
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
^

tl;dr version: Fandoms have some people whose mannerism is crap.

Long version: Pretty much the usual "(some) Kagepro fans are too obsessed with the franchise". It's pretty much half infamy in Japan that since KagePro is popular between teens and kids mostly, some of these people have... Very questionable manners, especially in RL than in the net world

I'd lie if I say I don't care, but people should note that it DOES happen. To the point that Shidu replied the tweet in that Yaraon news, in fact.

Just be aware that it is an action of very few people instead of how the fandom is acting (people called these people "Kagepro-byou", just for haeting sake), and 3rd rate news media/news site just love to overblow it by making it written like the whole fandom is this bad. Journalism at its worst best, sensationalism for the profession.
As long as it doesn't turn into actual discrimination wehn you go to Animate or other otaku stores....

I don't know how I would react if a shop owner or other customer tried to pull that on me

Which is the case here....
Old 2014-04-07, 11:52   Link #403
DorkingtonPugsly

The hate and bitter sarcasm for this series on japanese blogs and what not are pretty horrible. I've stopped reading through them.
Old 2014-04-10, 09:25   Link #404
Kakkou
Tch.

PV:

Expectations lowered. At least it looks like they'll deliver on cute Ene faces.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 10:25   Link #405
DorkingtonPugsly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
At least it looks like they'll deliver on cute Ene faces.
That's all that matters... ...
Old 2014-04-10, 14:56   Link #406
LKK

Crunchyroll will stream the series.

Quote:
... every Saturday starting on April 12 at 10:30 am Pacific Time, and free members are able to watch one week later.

MEKAKUCITY ACTORS will be available to Crunchyroll’s audience in the following territories: North and South America, South Africa, the Middle East, the Arab League, Europe except UK and Ireland, French-speaking Canada, French DOM/TOM., Arab League, and Europe (including French-speaking world, but excluding UK)
[Source]

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-11, 10:06   Link #407
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Quote:
PV:
Expectations lowered. At least it looks like they'll deliver on cute Ene faces.
Dunno what you're talking about, looks great to me.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-11, 21:48   Link #408
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This is my most anticipated show of the season, and it starts in a bit over twelve hours. Here is a characters/seiyuus page with pics of the main characters and their seiyuus, and a bit of info about each seiyuu.

Personally, the voice I'm most looking forward to is Kaida Yuuko. A real pro. She has an enormous list of TV and movie dubbing credits. Among many other roles, she is the Japanese voice of Anne Hathaway and Rachel Weisz, in particular. I was amazed by her in Tokyo Magnitude 8.0. She has apparently done a lot of Shakespeare on stage; she has played Ophelia in Hamlet. Her husband is an actor in a theatre group that specializes in Shakespeare.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2014-04-11 at 22:04.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 10:26   Link #409
Avaricia
My Lord

Spoiler for Ep. 1:
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 10:32   Link #410
DorkingtonPugsly

'The BDs will be split into 12 volumes, each with one episode. 3200 yen each, and every volume comes with its own single CD (meaning there are going to be 12 EDs):'

Is this a joke?
Old 2014-04-12, 10:40   Link #411
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

Episode 1

Haha I feel bad for the new fans. You won't understand anything on the first episode if you have no knowledge about the whole project.

Good first episode.
ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 10:57   Link #412
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Sooo...

Spoiler for episode 1:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkingtonPugsly View Post
'The BDs will be split into 12 volumes, each with one episode. 3200 yen each, and every volume comes with its own single CD (meaning there are going to be 12 EDs):'
To be fair to the production committee, the price is pretty much is the same MRP as all other 2 episodes in one disc (eg: almost all 2 episodes in one BD is priced at 6400 MRP). It's definitely not a smart move for BD/DVD collector since that means 1 year worth of waiting But it gave more access to those with lighter wallet, which is what Kagerou fans in Japan consist of mostly if survey is to be believed, with cost of 3000-ish yen per month for one episode and song CD.

tl;dr: Not a smart move if they can't make the hype goes on, a kick on the stomach for BD/DVD collectors since they have to wait for one year to complete a set, smart move when they consider their fanbase. Business has its own considerations, friends

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2014-04-12 at 11:08. Reason: erk, just realized something is off
Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 10:59   Link #413
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Quote:
The BDs will be split into 12 volumes, each with one episode. 3200 yen each, and every volume comes with its own single CD (meaning there are going to be 12 EDs):
Quote:
Episode 1

Haha I feel bad for the new fans. You won't understand anything on the first episode if you have no knowledge about the whole project.
I haven't watched the episode, but from these info, that means this anime is clearly aimed at the fans of the original music videos?
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn

Old 2014-04-12, 11:02   Link #414
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyKitty View Post
I haven't watched the episode, but from these info, that means this anime is clearly aimed at the fans of the original music videos?
Simple answer, yes. It opened with Ayano appearing, then Artificial Enemy event and ended with Ayano appearing in Shintarou's dream sequence, if you want to know Though I'd say it creates enough intrigue for those not familiar with the franchise, but let's wait until tomorrow for general reactions

Old 2014-04-12, 11:12   Link #415
Kakkou
Tch.

Terrible production values aside, the episode was pretty good. It hinted at the bigger picture from the start which may be bewildering but still a better hook than just proceeding with the main events of the episode without them. The audience will be a little more prepared for when shit hits the fan too. Nice way of incorporating Shinigami Record into the story.

But really, the production was disappointing, not even the OP sequence was done well. Even Dance in the Vampire Bund had some semblance of post-processing present at its poorer parts. What little effort there was went to making Ene look good/cute. Very disappointing for a premier episode.

Quote:
To be fair to the production committee, the price is pretty much is the same MRP as all other 2 episodes in one disc (eg: almost all 2 episodes in one BD is priced at 6400 MRP). It's definitely not a smart move for BD/DVD collector since that means 1 year worth of waiting But it gave more access to those with lighter wallet, which is what Kagerou fans in Japan consist of mostly if survey is to be believed, with cost of 3000-ish yen per month for one episode and song CD.

tl;dr: Not a smart move if they can't make the hype goes on, a kick on the stomach for BD/DVD collectors since they have to wait for one year to complete a set, smart move when they consider their fanbase. Business has its own considerations, friends
It's actually a bi-weekly release format (my bad, told you the wrong thing) so it's still cheaper than your average BD/DVD but the poorer fans would still be struggling somewhat. Importers gain even less from this format and have to prepare twice the shelf space for the series (ahahaha.... orz).

Last edited by Kakkou; 2014-04-12 at 11:48.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 11:17   Link #416
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
It's actually a bi-weekly release format (my bad, told you the wrong thing) so it's still cheaper than your average BD/DVD but the poorer fans would still be struggling somewhat. Importers gain even less from this format and have to prepare twice the shelf space for the series (ahahaha.... orz).
Curse me for not researching it further after you told me! D: And LOL WE'RE GOING TO SUFFER WITH IMPORTING THIS AHAHAHahahahaha....... OKAY TIME TO CALL COUSIN. Still, I think there is a (illusionary) impression difference with this model, but eh, I'm not spending my time analyzing this when I need to finish my paper first

Old 2014-04-12, 11:23   Link #417
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

^ They're just making it seem that you can afford it cheap...but it is basically the same standard price when you lump them all together.
Aniplex knows how to scam fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyKitty View Post
Yes. This reminds of IS. Only the people who read the LNs that cover after season 2 will understand the true value of the anime adaption.

Let's see the reactions for first-time viewers and what will they say....They will all be saying WTF DID I JUST WATCH when the subs come out
ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 12:21   Link #418
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate_noob View Post
Yes. This reminds of IS. Only the people who read the LNs that cover after season 2 will understand the true value of the anime adaption.

Let's see the reactions for first-time viewers and what will they say....They will all be saying WTF DID I JUST WATCH when the subs come out
I watched the episode raw.

Spoiler for episode 1:
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn

Old 2014-04-12, 13:16   Link #419
Sasukeuzi

Just finished Crunchyroll's version of episode 1.
I was a little skeptical of SHAFT making it horribly like Bakemonogatari, with the head tilts and overly detailed backgrounds and whatnot, but I didn't really mind it that much. I was surprised by how the anime strayed a little from the source material, but I think SHAFT might've touched on that personally lol.
Today really is a great day for KagePro fans
Sasukeuzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 13:34   Link #420
eceso

xD good first episode, liked it a lot
eceso is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kagerou project, momosetootp, shaft