AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-04-12, 14:14   Link #421
HandofFate

hm, not really sure what this series is about so far.
And it seemed to end before it even started when I was just starting to attempt to make sense of it all.

I do like the conversational banter between the MC and his vocaloid-like computer thing. Its what kept me going.
Didn't know this was SHAFT, so their stylistic flair came at me at a surprise.

The two other guys during the hostage situation were wierd, and I wasn't quite sure what the episode was doing there, wasn't sure if the TVs actually started falling all over anyone or if it was an imaging sequence.
Then the episode cut off before anything happened.
Old 2014-04-12, 14:23   Link #422
R.LocK
My turn

I have no idea what I just watched but color me interested.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 14:26   Link #423
dark44

cant shaft make normal anime they ruined it i can only imagine if montogari or kagerou was done by another studio i think they would be better
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 14:41   Link #424
ookamigirl

Crazy life of a NEET shut-in.
That computer program sure never shuts up.
Damn, that started to annoy me halfway through.
The hostage situation kinda made it better a bit.
Don't know what to think about this anime.
It's unusual and I'm not quite sure what I just saw.
The hostage situation got me mildly interested.
Gonna give it another episode before I decide.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 14:45   Link #425
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

So I'm a Shinbou fan. So sue me. Terrific episode. This project seems perfect for Shaft/Shinbou, with its open fields of technological fantasy. I'm such a fan that I even loved the reappearance of the crows and the communication tower. Asumi Kana does a great troublesome ghost in the machine. Strong memories of Sasami-san, of course.

I understand why people talk about poor production values and wish for a more normal anime, but please just suspend judgment for a moment and try to appreciate what he's trying to do, and what those of us who are fans love so much. In my opinion, he gives us better production values than most, it's just that he has his own style and methods. He uses still frames to save money. But the content of those still frames is so thrilling that they are superior to more active normal anime styles. The angled heads and repeated scenes are creatively artistic. They serve to disorient us a bit so the emotions and actions hit us harder, and they also help to create the amazing rhythmic flow of scene and sound that Shinbou is the master of. His animes, whatever their "content," are like visual/aural concertos, with the editing moving them like music.

Of course, in this case Shinbou is not the actual director, but the "general director." However, the results suggest that director Yase Yuuki is working very closely with Shinbou, probably consulting with him on every frame.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2014-04-12 at 15:04.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 15:03   Link #426
Utsuro no Hako

I spent the entire first half of the episode thinking about that Kazuma Kamachi story about the moe computer virus that flirts with users. Shintaro even said Ene deleted some of his files, yet he doesn't see anything wrong with having her on his computer.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 15:13   Link #427
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
So I'm a Shinbou fan. So sue me. Terrific episode. This project seems perfect for Shaft/Shinbou, with its open fields of technological fantasy. I'm such a fan that I even loved the reappearance of the crows and the communication tower. Asumi Kana does a great troublesome ghost in the machine. Strong memories of Sasami-san, of course.

I understand why people talk about poor production values and wish for a more normal anime, but please just suspend judgment for a moment and try to appreciate what he's trying to do, and what those of us who are fans love so much. In my opinion, he gives us better production values than most, it's just that he has his own style and methods. He uses still frames to save money. But the content of those still frames is so thrilling that they are superior to more active normal anime styles. The angled heads and repeated scenes are creatively artistic. They serve to disorient us a bit so the emotions and actions hit us harder, and they also help to create the amazing rhythmic flow of scene and sound that Shinbou is the master of. His animes, whatever their "content," are like visual/aural concertos, with the editing moving them like music.

Of course, in this case Shinbou is not the actual director, but the "general director." However, the results suggest that director Yase Yuuki is working very closely with Shinbou, probably consulting with him on every frame.
It is called 'artistic', but some people just can't appreciate it. I think it's perfect for shows like Monogatari series and Mekakushi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
I spent the entire first half of the episode thinking about that Kazuma Kamachi story about the moe computer virus that flirts with users. Shintaro even said Ene deleted some of his files, yet he doesn't see anything wrong with having her on his computer.
Actually, he did, but he couldn't do anything about it. Based on the last part of the episode, it should be clear that he knows what Ene is good for and that she's beyond common sense.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 15:19   Link #428
cyth
Banned

Sorry to say, not even SHAFT can save this one. The premise is boring and hasn't really offered anything except to intentionally confuse the viewer. SHAFT did its thing, but this is just another kids with super powers show, and I can't really be bothered to watch Pretentious Incarnate.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 15:43   Link #429
bakaouji

lol is this what the hype was for? Can others see something that I can't? Maybe I did miss something seeing as I drifted off for a while when the dude was having a long pointless tiff with his computer AI. That's what the show's filled with--- banal, pointless, driveling dialogue that seems to go on forever.

It's SHAFT, so I kept my expectations reasonably low, therefore, no harm done.
bakaouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 16:36   Link #430
ginger02

Doesn't matter how advanced technology is, soda can still ruin it lol.

I heard about Kagerou Project from songs on youtube (I think they were vocaloid, but I liked the covers of their songs) so I've been pretty exited for the show.

That said, I thought it was going to be a show about voice actors XD

I like the characters. Ene's voice is annoying but she's so funny. I'm loving the main character too.

Even so, I really didn't like all the use of greyscale in the show, though other scenes are really pretty.

Overall, I'll give the show a few more episodes.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 16:45   Link #431
Sasukeuzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger02 View Post
Doesn't matter how advanced technology is, soda can still ruin it lol.

I heard about Kagerou Project from songs on youtube (I think they were vocaloid, but I liked the covers of their songs) so I've been pretty exited for the show.

That said, I thought it was going to be a show about voice actors XD

I like the characters. Ene's voice is annoying but she's so funny. I'm loving the main character too.

Even so, I really didn't like all the use of greyscale in the show, though other scenes are really pretty.

Overall, I'll give the show a few more episodes.
Wow, just thank you for that giving it another chance. I honestly can't blame people for thinking bad of the series. The dark style they used for the art really put me off too, but it's something I'd probably have to get used to. I'd say the series gets better later on, but that's pretty much a matter of choice for some people.
Sasukeuzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 17:11   Link #432
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Sign, Jin is still obsessed with opening the show with Artificial Enemy, which I never found to be a good start.
At least Aayno showed up early enough and Shinigami Record will be told early, so I guess he didn't fail completely at understanding what a show needs during its intro phase.

The SHAFT quality is SHAFT quality animation wise, good thing my expectations are low on that part.
But yeah, we need wait until after ep.3 to see where this will go.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 17:34   Link #433
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I want to remind everyone that our spoiler policy requires absolutely no hints about future content, whether behind spoiler tags or not. If people want to know what happens in the source material, they should check out the source thread. People who post hints of any kind may be warned, infracted, or banned.
Old 2014-04-12, 18:36   Link #434
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
It is called 'artistic', but some people just can't appreciate it.
It's not really "called" artistic, that's just your take. As it is with everything, others may see it as just "pretentious".
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 18:39   Link #435
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate_noob View Post
Only the people who read the LNs that cover after season 2 will understand the true value of the anime adaption.

Let's see the reactions for first-time viewers and what will they say....They will all be saying WTF DID I JUST WATCH when the subs come out
Lol yep you nailed it, most reaction were like that already... Remembered Haruhi wherein they first aired the legendary episode 0

Didn't mind the shafted animation, just happy to see one of my favorite series to be animated and I think they did well on that matter.

I think most person who already read this series have the same thought as me.
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
Old 2014-04-12, 19:41   Link #436
ChampDream
Alive

I was waiting for this, I really like it, specially Ene and Shintaro arguments.
For the people that don't know the songs or have not read the manga, is going to be difficult for you to understand.
Old 2014-04-12, 20:37   Link #437
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well this is strange a weird shut-in and some kind of strange program
Old 2014-04-12, 20:39   Link #438
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

That was surprisingly boring...
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 21:02   Link #439
Iron Maw
Banned

ep 1

Well this certainly a SHAFT show, budget and corner cuts in all.

The first episode seem okay I guess, but it's no Monogatari despite it desperately trying to be like it. Ene is pretty cute, but it's hard for me to be invested in much else when I don't know much about what's going on. I'll watch a couple episodes to hopefully get a better basic impression and idea what this is all about.

On a sidenote, I dig the OP.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 21:06   Link #440
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
As a whole it was at least intriguing enough to be worth checking out more episodes. Can only speculate at what is going on.

Still talk about a lesson never to go outside . Head out for a keyboard and end up in a hostage situation.

Tags
kagerou project, momosetootp, shaft