AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Are we gonna get HiME'd by SUNRISE?
Yes 32 53.33%
No 28 46.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-23, 21:15   Link #1
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Are we gonna get HiME'd?

Simple question.
Old 2006-03-23, 21:22   Link #2
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks
Simple question.
A little too simple.

Can you explain the question a bit better?
Old 2006-03-23, 21:29   Link #3
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I suppse he means a 'cheap@ssed' ending...

Probably...cheap enough to make us go and then... / /
Old 2006-03-23, 21:36   Link #4
riznar
Save the Lesbians!

Eh, the only thing I felt out of place about HiME's ending was that Alyssa came back, but we didn't even see a body there.
Old 2006-03-23, 21:47   Link #5
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
In the case of Alyssa Searrs, there are two explanations. Being an artificial HiME she was connected to the system or she never died and was rescued in time by Mashiro and Fumi. Honestly it makes no real difference.

Also for the record about the HiME ending. It really boils down to this. Mashiro won! Now live with it. I'm sorry if she upset the legion of Obisidian Lord fans by having a much better plan. Either way even if My-Otome has a revival ending that aspect is not going to come until near the end.

Most likely before any revival happens. You're going to have battle, angst, talk, battle, talk, angst and etc. Then near the middle of 26 you may have revival and then conclusion. Even then the main goal will be defeating Nagi himself. How many characters die, live or stay dead makes no difference if Nagi is not defeated.
Old 2006-03-23, 22:26   Link #6
Ansa

I don't think the story will take that direction, and not like Otome can actually pull it off... unless it has something to do with what Miyu got for Arika.
Old 2006-03-23, 22:48   Link #7
Ragnarokender

Hmm, yeah the first series was building up so well, every episode got better and better (in general) and the ending was just sort of weird/disappointing. I think it will happen here as well, it seems to be the way things go, i guess its just hard to write a conclusion that is both fantastic and satisfies everyone.
Old 2006-03-23, 22:51   Link #8
Lackadaisical

I doubt it.

It would make the Mai series too predictable. The fact that we haven't seen the numerous deaths that Hime had would suggest that there will be no sudden return of dead characters.

If there is a third series, which will depend on how well Otome does, the lack of resurrections in this series would allow Sunrise more control over redoing some Mai-Hime story elements without being too predictable.
Old 2006-03-23, 23:50   Link #9
Tae
Oh reeeeally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
A little too simple.

Can you explain the question a bit better?

That any better? The Harmonium is bound to have one of those somewhere. Hopefully Arika overlooks it...
Old 2006-03-23, 23:55   Link #10
riznar
Save the Lesbians!

While I agree with Tatiana Razajev about the Mai HiME ending and I was upset that Erstin (my fav from Otome) died. I will be upset if she comes back.

Actually, I would be less upset if Arika used the Harmonium to restructure the world the way she wanted. Mai might not agree, but it would be funny if she turned the Otome universe into a slice of life anime.
Old 2006-03-24, 00:08   Link #11
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I don't think we will get HiME'd because HiME'd to me is having a stellar series, built up nice, nice pacing, and having that all shot to hell because of some cheapass ending. Similar to Kanon'd (yes, I refuse to believe Kanon - 13 exists) but at least with Kanon you can actually remove episode 13 from your recollection and still have a good, albeit, tragic ending.

I think we will get, and are already getting what I like to refer to as Sunrise'd.
I define Sunrise'd as a series that held promise, then about midway through, the cracks in the story you were willing to ignore are no longer ignorable. You get pacing problems, too many characters, low development/screentime ratio, you get a rushed last couple of episodes, and you might not be lucky enough to even get a proper conclusion (see: Gundam SEED Destiny). Maybe GSD'D or Destiny'd is a better term, but whatever, that's the way I see it.

A reset ending can't really make this series any worse than it already is in my books, but pyhrric victory won't save it either.
Old 2006-03-24, 00:24   Link #12
kazekiri

I dunno, I'm hoping that the Harmonium doesn't have a big old reset button installed. Really, I didn't mind the Hime ending as much as a lot of people but doing it twice in a row is a little much. Besides, at this point there's only one major character who's dead and most of the likely death prospects in the next few episodes are people who I'd rather stay that way. If anyone from Sunrise is listening, leave Erstin dead please.
Old 2006-03-24, 01:06   Link #13
Mysticmidnightmaiden
is Ultra Relaxed

Send a message via AIM to Mysticmidnightmaiden
Ers-chan is dead. She'll only be back in flashbacks. I don't miss her a bit.

That said, we most likely won't get "HiME'd." HiME's ending transition was one of the most impacting I've ever seen (because if I wanted to watch something depressing, I'd watch Air and KNOW what I was getting into). I'm pretty sure Sunrise won't create a reset ending, because, as someone said, it would be too predictable. Because the theme seems to heavily dwell on the consequences of war, a reset will be misplaced in Otome. There was no global war in HiME. There is in Otome.
Old 2006-03-24, 08:35   Link #14
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

HiME powers were based on magic which made the "reset" possible. Otome powers are based on science, so I think there is no chance for such things as "reset".
Old 2006-03-24, 08:42   Link #15
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleo Scanti
HiME powers were based on magic which made the "reset" possible. Otome powers are based on science, so I think there is no chance for such things as "reset".
There is another thing...

A "reset" was desirable in Mai Hime only because people were happier before the Obsidian Lord showed up.

In Mai Otome, it is NOT desirable for everything to go back to where it was. The world desires a revolution, and so there will be a revolution. People MAY be brought back from the dead, but otherwise a complete world reset would actually be a sad ending for Mai Otome.
Old 2006-03-24, 08:57   Link #16
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Why not a Circle ...
Like the Last OAV Of Saint Seiya XD
Old 2006-03-24, 09:12   Link #17
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo
Why not a Circle ...
Like the Last OAV Of Saint Seiya XD
In that case, it would be just like the MH world with the Obsidian Lord. The whole point of MH was to break the cycle of violence between the Himes and remove the sham that was the fake game to power. A Circle would be pointless.

(On a side note, those who knows anything about beliefs concerning Buddhist reincarnation would know that it is viewed as a bad idea to be reincarnated over and over. The whole point is not to get a decent reincarnation. but to leap out of the circle and move beyond it.)

People fight for the sake of a better future, not to get a future that is identical to the past or present.

It's possible for a circular story, but as I say, it would then be considered a bad, negative ending, that is almost as horrible as an ending that kills everyone. The MO world has numerous social problems, but they can be fixed. A circular ending would prevent that.
Old 2006-03-24, 09:18   Link #18
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma

I think we will get, and are already getting what I like to refer to as Sunrise'd.
I define Sunrise'd as a series that held promise, then about midway through, the cracks in the story you were willing to ignore are no longer ignorable. You get pacing problems, too many characters, low development/screentime ratio, you get a rushed last couple of episodes, and you might not be lucky enough to even get a proper conclusion (see: Gundam SEED Destiny). Maybe GSD'D or Destiny'd is a better term, but whatever, that's the way I see it.

A reset ending can't really make this series any worse than it already is in my books, but pyhrric victory won't save it either.
I couldn't have said it better myself. Reset or no reset, it seems this is going to be the rushed ending to put to shame all other rushed endings...in a bad way.

Old 2006-03-25, 09:01   Link #19
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma
I don't think we will get HiME'd because HiME'd to me is having a stellar series, built up nice, nice pacing, and having that all shot to hell because of some cheapass ending. Similar to Kanon'd (yes, I refuse to believe Kanon - 13 exists) but at least with Kanon you can actually remove episode 13 from your recollection and still have a good, albeit, tragic ending.

*Claps his hands in agreement.*

Starks, if HiME'd means disapointment for you, I think we have already gotten HiME'd, series wise. But if Sunrise manages to turn this around and culminate it in a satisfying ending, then, well I'd applaud them. At this point however, I'm so confused with MO that I have no idea what a satisfying ending would be like. 0.0 Any suggestions? *Or does this belong in the series prediction thread*
Old 2006-03-25, 09:40   Link #20
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Oh well, I liked MH's ending, I liked Kanon's ending (although Nayuki was my favorite), so I don't see a problem with using the MH ending philosophy. I thought MH ending was very nice You can flame me but I won't budge