AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-04-21, 12:14   Link #541
Biohazardous

I cant wait to see where this goes I like the show. I had a feeling Enju was hiding there. I cant believe she didnt go after him after hearing his feelings for her since she is so crazy about him.
Biohazardous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 17:39   Link #542
Dark Paladin X

Preview images for episode 3

Judging by those images, they seem to be jam rushing 4 episodes per volume. I'm really concerned about the anime adaption now.
Anime junkie, video gamer, English dub fan, loli lover, and a Tv Tropes sumo. Trope pages created by me: Black Bullet, Erica Mendez, Christine Marie Cabanos, Bang Zoom Entertainment, Clint Bickham, David Wald, Studiopolis, Corey Hartzog, NYAV Post, Max Mittelman, Brianna Knickerbocker, Scott Gibbs, Faye Mata.
Dark Paladin X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 20:16   Link #543
BionicMeerkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Paladin X View Post

Judging by those images, they seem to be jam rushing 4 episodes per volume. I'm really concerned about the anime adaption now.
4 episodes per volume huh? Wow, would think they would do 5-6 episodes per volume... Especially considering how many eps they should have at their disposal

Have a question regarding a series? Feel free to tweet at me @BionicMeerkat

Editor @ Baka-Tsuki for Mondaiji, Black Bullet, Strike the Blood, Maou na Ore, Rakudai

RIP in pieces Black Bullet and Strike the Blood
BionicMeerkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 21:36   Link #544
Mega27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Paladin X View Post

Hmm, I think you have it wrong. Since episode one they seem to be covering what the manga covered in four chapters. Episode 1 covered pretty much what the manga covered in Chaps 1-3 (and some of four). Episode 2 covered Chaps 4-7 (half). So really, nothing new/surprising. Next episode we should see the rest of what happened in chapter 7 and all the way to Chapter 12. Keep in mind that for some reason Hon Morino adapted some chapters with less than 20 pages.

But yeah, I'm kinda worried. But I doubt they'll end the volume with 4 episodes. Don't forget the epilogue and the things the manga's yet to cover from volume one. Or maybe I'm just being optimistic. But I see volume one ending with 5-6 episodes. Although 5 seems to be more likely, 6 could happen. And even so, if we do the math, 4 eps per volume would mean 16 episodes, no? Since we know so little about how much content is in volumes 3-4, it's hard to predict how many episodes will come out of them. But if they're heavy in content like volume 1, one can say the same amount~ Unless they plan to make an OVA. >__> But seeing as the Katagiri siblings appeared in episode 2, yeah...
Mega27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 21:51   Link #545
Iron Maw
Banned

IMO considering this is supposedly 12-13 episodes, 4 episodes per volume seems like the most likely scenario.

EDIT: If the staff are going to do vol 4, then 3 per episodes is the most feasible thing you can expect.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 08:58   Link #546
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 3:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 12:15   Link #547
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Okay, I haven't really read any of the preceding pages since I basically "just got here".

I'm liking the series so far. The characters amusing, the action has that "wow" factor, and the storyline is pretty engaging.

But the one thing that irks me since episode 1 and has been present throughout, is the exposition.

I mean, yes, I understand that we, the viewer, need to know these things. But all these things are explained by the various characters, TO various characters (mainly the protagonist, but there was also the cop from ep 1). The main problem is that while I'm grateful for the exposition, all these characters should already know this stuff, which makes the exposition feel very out of place.

Would've been better if they just added an omniscient narrator. It's not as elegant, but exposition by the characters only works if the person receiving the information is equally clueless as the viewer is. That is, in fact, one of the fundamentals of storytelling, and is why the Watson exists to begin with.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 12:36   Link #548
eceso

great episode

Hiruko Kagetane is awesome xD

the explanation for the different "stages" of Gastrea was interesting, and we're introduced to a stage 4 almost immediately

i feel bad for Kayo being stuck with Shogen, next episode should be interesting
eceso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 12:46   Link #549
Mega27

That was amazing! I don't think they skipped anything from the LN. But judging from the preview to the next episode, it looks like volume 1 ends next week. ,___, I'm soooo anxious, still. The Manga has not reached this point and the LN has not been translated to that point yet.

I loved the mini Renkisa moments. ( .__.)~
Old 2014-04-22, 13:05   Link #550
bakaouji

The entire episode felt like it was just going through the motions-- characters are just traversing from point A to point B to complete the quest(s) they're assigned.

Rentaro just shrugs off two bullets to the chest and impalement by sword. Maybe that would've been more shocking if he hadn't come to what only seemed like two seconds for viewers. It is hinted, though, that the doctor with the perpetual bags under her eyes modified/reinforced Rentaro's body when he was a child, which might explain how he survived what should've landed him in a coffin.

The show's just speeding through various plot points and barely slowing down enough to take a breath and ponder over what's transpired. A lot of pressing concerns are swept aside and supplanted by even more pressing concerns. Kisara gets the short straw every episode as she solely exists for the purpose of exposition and a short pit stop to soothe Rentaro's nerves.

When the show does try to appeal to your humanity, there's a huge disconnect because the characters try to overcompensate by over emoting. Rentaro literally pushes down a loli, when she's spilling her sob story and trying to put up a brave front, to wax philosophy about what happens when you're given the license to kill.

The episode basically starts out with Enju's classmate hurling epithets at her and ends with Rentaro and two lolis saving the town from the onslaught of the worst type of Gastrea in just a couple of blinks.
bakaouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 13:58   Link #551
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Well, I just have to say it: we need GIFs of Enju carrying Rentaro on her shoulders. And we (by "we", I mean "me") need them NAO!!!!!

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 14:00   Link #552
iCK

It's entertaining to say the most.
Spoiler for Though:
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 14:07   Link #553
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Well, I liked the ep overall, though I do agree the acting was a bit hamfisted in place. Still I do not mind overmuch.

Rentaro got the stuffing beaten out of him by that pair, though. That was pretty intense, especially the sawing motion.

Was nice to see Enju strut her stuff against the gastrea though - pretty effective if you ask me! ^^

I like the underlying theme of the story, though - makes things quite interesting and engaging.
Old 2014-04-22, 14:13   Link #554
Iron Maw
Banned

ep 3

Funny enough I don't find exposition at least in ep3 all that bad. Probably because I've seen worse, Mahouka is the bigger offender to me here than BB since feels like it spends 3-4 solid minutes on it and a minute or so on everything else. But hey, some people like that stuff so stuff. Besides anime rarely handles exposition well in general anyway since it's usually either too much or not enough. And I'm taking for it that there some things about the Gastera Rentaro isn't knowledgeable about.

The plot has been keeping me intrigued enough that it really doesn't affect me much, it's the pacing that's the larger issue. It's not going to get much better either thanks to limited episode slots vs the large amount of material it's covering, but its not at level where I'm bothered by it that much.

One of the most interesting parts of this episode is definitely how Rentaro survived his wounds. The flashback and Sumire's conversation certainly suggests that operation had something to do with it. Is he something of a experiment product related to the virus?

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-04-22 at 14:44.
Old 2014-04-22, 14:21   Link #555
U<3Anime
Boo!

Seems like now they are going way too fast. Rentaro almost gets killed and falls off a cliff, but next thing you know he's lying in the hospital. Who and how was he saved? They didnt even bother addressing that right away? WTF?
Old 2014-04-22, 14:37   Link #556
Iron Maw
Banned

Spoiler for Manga comparison:

But honestly that can probably be inferred. As for how he survived that ordeal well... that's meant for you to speculate with the given hints.
Old 2014-04-22, 14:44   Link #557
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

My major problem so far is that, while I wish nothing but the best for Rentaro and his friends, I can't say the same for the happy bunch of child murderers they're trying to protect. I'm struggling to understand why the horrible deaths of, say, those asshole policemen from ep2 would be a bad thing. Or even that of all those other guys with nothing better to do than further victimize children who've already lost everything. It seems to be the crushing majority of society.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 14:49   Link #558
Mega27

Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
Seems like now they are going way too fast. Rentaro almost gets killed and falls off a cliff, but next thing you know he's lying in the hospital. Who and how was he saved? They didnt even bother addressing that right away? WTF?
Spoiler for Rescue comparisons in LN and manga:

Last edited by Flower; 2014-04-22 at 14:53. Reason: Please label tags a bit more clearly in the future, okay? ^^
Old 2014-04-22, 14:52   Link #559
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
My major problem so far is that, while I wish nothing but the best for Rentaro and his friends, I can't say the same for the happy bunch of child murderers they're trying to protect. I'm struggling to understand why the horrible deaths of, say, those asshole policemen from ep2 would be a bad thing. Or even that of all those other guys with nothing better to do than further victimize children who've already lost everything. It seems to be the crushing majority of society.
The series has definitely been effective at conveying the ... umm ... uninspiring side of that part of humanity to be sure. On the one hand I can relate, but on the other side - well, what is ugly is ugly.
Old 2014-04-22, 14:58   Link #560
Mega27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Well, I just have to say it: we need GIFs of Enju carrying Rentaro on her shoulders. And we (by "we", I mean "me") need them NAO!!!!!

I wasn't sure if you wanted the whole thing or a portion of the scene. o.O

Just let me know if you want any changes.

Tags
action, fantasy, grimdark, loli, post, seinen