AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-04-24, 05:41   Link #2621
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Is Kouki supposed to be a subconscious lecher or is he just a narcissist who only loves himself but sees being accompanied by girls as a measure of success?
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 05:46   Link #2622
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
Is Kouki supposed to be a subconscious lecher or is he just a narcissist who only loves himself but sees being accompanied by girls as a measure of success?
I think he's also incoporated the idea of "Hero must get all the girls" into his head alongside "Hero is always right".
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 05:57   Link #2623
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

I really think Kouki is a closet otaku who reads only harem romance fantasy novels ... and has a severe case of chuuniibyou. I can't think of any other explanation. When I was reading that part I was really hoping that Kaori would have started beating him down before he charged at Hajime but he was probably to gross to touch.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 06:18   Link #2624
krab

I think I know that happened
autor is reading comments;
everyone ; "we hate kaoki. we want him to suffer!"
author; "well..... no problem i guess. here you go...."
krab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 07:07   Link #2625
maniac88

you know,, i translate that part so you could probably pity him not bashing him...
well, understandable though...

thanks for the correction, i revise it later...
maniac88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 07:09   Link #2626
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac88 View Post
you know,, i translate that part so you could probably pity him not bashing him...

Just what is there for us to pity about? You just showed us how he pretty much brought it upon himself.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2014-04-24 at 07:22.
Old 2014-04-24, 07:17   Link #2627
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:

Dude, reading that just made me want to bash him more, since now I can see just how much of a stupid dick he is.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 07:20   Link #2628
bludvein

Quote:

Sorry, but he just isn't sympathetic. I guess he is sorta pitiful in the way someone mentally ill would be, but that's it. He seems to unconsciously view his friends as his personal possessions, and that they may view things differently than he does seems to be incomprehensible to him. Coupled with some revolting self delusions when things don't go his way, and we got someone who is pretty nauseating tbh.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 07:46   Link #2629
bakapervert
A pervert

Quote:

I really pity him alright, I really cannot look at him with anything but pity. Thought he can still be reformed before this, the same way Luke from Tale of the Abyss can be reformed from spoiled noble into True Hero. But Kouki is just too pitiful, I guess its his fate from now on to be to be the butt monkey of a joke or target of character bashing. This guy is really the most pitiful character, even more compared to Shimizu and Hiyama.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 08:03   Link #2630
SimplyBill
King

Thanks maniac88.

You know, reading Shizuku's reactions on your translation is really nice. If I had a friend saying silly things like that, I would also cover my face with both my hand while my face goes red with shame.
SimplyBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 08:13   Link #2631
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyBill View Post
Thanks maniac88.

You know, reading Shizuku's reactions on your translation is really nice. If I had a friend saying silly things like that, I would also cover my face with both my hand while my face goes red with shame.
To have such 'friends'....I truly pity those who consider Kouki as a friend. It isn't just silly. It breaks your heart to find out that your 'friend' only considers you as part of his/her possession.
Old 2014-04-24, 08:39   Link #2632
oplover
Usually a lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
I really pity him alright, I really cannot look at him with anything but pity. Thought he can still be reformed before this, the same way Luke from Tale of the Abyss can be reformed from spoiled noble into True Hero. But Kouki is just too pitiful, I guess its his fate from now on to be to be the butt monkey of a joke or target of character bashing. This guy is really the most pitiful character, even more compared to Shimizu and Hiyama.
Huh, we have same thought then. I also see him have similarity with Luke, because i feel he himself didn't wish to be like that, it's just his circumstances made him to. Though Luke was better in general i think, because he know what he want to do, just don't know how to do it. He never left his home since born after all.

Last edited by oplover; 2014-04-24 at 09:17.
oplover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 08:45   Link #2633
bludvein

He isn't even malicious. Kouki really just seems like a 10 year old brat playing a game. Nobody has ever got through to him that he shouldn't act like that. They just casually go "as expected of Kouki" and then Shizuku quietly apologizes for him afterwards. Who knows how long she has been doing so? Having the power and status of the "hero" just makes it worse.

The best Shizuku can hope for now is to minimize his screw-ups until someone has the courtesy to shut him up permanently or he gets a clue(unlikely).

Last edited by bludvein; 2014-04-24 at 08:57.
Old 2014-04-24, 09:04   Link #2634
maniac88

well, kinda expect that...
whats making it worse is he said all that right after these scene,,

Spoiler for Kaori's Confession:

Best girl spotted....

Ps.. any kind of correction is apreciated,,
maniac88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 09:05   Link #2635
bakapervert
A pervert

Maybe Kouki can still be reformed after this. He will screwed up big time in the future, and then his best buddy, Ryutaro will sacrifice himself to save Kouki, or like Luke his screw up will cause a whole city to be slaughtered. Break down and start to grow up, or descend into madness.
Old 2014-04-24, 09:14   Link #2636
bludvein

We know who really has all the power in their relationship, and Yue is too nice for her own good. She wouldn't have those rivals if she just let Hajime refuse them.
Old 2014-04-24, 09:26   Link #2637
bakapervert
A pervert

Btw, I just remember this now, but shouldn't the class' mood be more gloomy. Yeah they are saved, meld is alive, and Hajime also turned out to be alive, yahoo. But are they forgetting that a company of knight just got slaughtered in floor 30 and 70? The knights that teach them, protecting them, fighting together in the dungeon. But its like they are forgotten real quick here, kinda pitiful for the dead knights.
Old 2014-04-24, 09:26   Link #2638
bones

She and Hajime wouldn't be alive if she had done so. No matter how strong they are they can't conquer all the dungeons by themselves
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 09:30   Link #2639
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
Btw, I just remember this now, but shouldn't the class' mood be more gloomy. Yeah they are saved, meld is alive, and Hajime also turned out to be alive, yahoo. But are they forgetting that a company of knight just got slaughtered in floor 30 and 70? The knights that teach them, protecting them, fighting together in the dungeon. But its like they are forgotten real quick here, kinda pitiful for the dead knights.
Not really. Repeated shocks can do that to you even in real life. They are giddy over living through a near death experience and finding a classmate they thought dead. Not to mention confused.

So it doesn't really diminish the knights death that they aren't all gloomy atm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
She and Hajime wouldn't be alive if she had done so. No matter how strong they are they can't conquer all the dungeons by themselves
Maybe, maybe not. That's clearly not her reasoning for accepting them though.
Old 2014-04-24, 09:31   Link #2640
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
We know who really has all the power in their relationship, and Yue is too nice for her own good. She wouldn't have those rivals if she just let Hajime refuse them.
I think Yue just wanted to make a point and so that she can watch her rivals in plain view rather than sneaking around. Furthermore she doesn't want to be too possessive of Hajime after all if you hold something too tight it will use its might to run away. So by accepting them Hajime's heart would find more comport aside from herself.

Tags
baka yuusha, chuunibyou, complete, demons, dimension traveling, fantasy, firearms, harem, isekai, magitech, rabbitgirl, summoned, true harem, tsundere male mc, webnovel