Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Mahouka

Notices

Old 2014-04-25, 00:44   Link #1481
Preciize
Them Feels~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
I should note something: Remember the flashback in Episode 1?

Tatsuya, helmeted, wearing what looked like a combat suit and firing off a magical nuke from a heavy caliber anti-material rifle. And he's weaker than Miyuki now? Something had to have happened to his power.
I think the power is still there, he's just trying to hide it.
Old 2014-04-25, 01:41   Link #1482
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preciize View Post
I think the power is still there, he's just trying to hide it.
Which makes sense if you think about it. I mean, so far the most destructive magic we've seen is the force shove in the OP. Compare that to nuclear bomb magic he can apparently fire at will. One can assume a certain disparity in power between him and high-school students.
Old 2014-04-25, 02:08   Link #1483
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preciize View Post
My thoughts exactly. There has to be something that puts Tatsuya over the top and makes Miyuki revere and respect him, and not just because he's her older sibling. But needless to say, we'll find out about it soon or later.
Quote:

Tatsuya, helmeted, wearing what looked like a combat suit and firing off a magical nuke from a heavy caliber anti-material rifle. And he's weaker than Miyuki now? Something had to have happened to his power.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Well, we at least got a hint about Miyuki in ep 1. Her whole spiel about how Tats turns into a demon for her sake and only her sake hints at why she admires him so much.
This is my assumption from reading the light novel and manga.

When it comes to Magic Ability and Raw Power.....Miyuki has the upper hand against Tatsuya.

When it comes to Magic Skill and Talent as well as power Quality....Tatsuya is much more superior than Miyuki
fujin of shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 03:23   Link #1484
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
and Archer is definitely a character with a wildcard up his sleeves that defies conventional rankings on paper. yet still lost.
Yeah he only lost cause Berserker's God Hand is outright cheating.
Archer on the other hand killed him 8 or 9 times so 8/9 or 9/10 wins is clearly in Archers favor and he only had one life.
So yeah I'd bet my money on Tatsuya if he were to fight Miyuki.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 04:00   Link #1485
pampz21
ShipCore

Finally finish my rewatch episodes of Maid-sama and i can say that Tatsuya reminds me of Usui with the uninterest in girls except for one.

Archer x Saber are my favorite in the fate series due to weapon of choice and personality. Which reminds me Tatsuya is much more like saber than Archer tho. =)

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 04:47   Link #1486
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Yeah he only lost cause Berserker's God Hand is outright cheating.
Archer on the other hand killed him 8 or 9 times so 8/9 or 9/10 wins is clearly in Archers favor and he only had one life.
So yeah I'd bet my money on Tatsuya if he were to fight Miyuki.
Okay you see this is where the F/SN analogy starts to show that it's not much of an analogy at all. All the players had game breaking cheats around the board.

We're talking about a universe where literally the most powerful being ever was defeated by a guy who merely "happened" to have one power that was Super Effective.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 06:00   Link #1487
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Finally finish my rewatch episodes of Maid-sama and i can say that Tatsuya reminds me of Usui with the uninterest in girls except for one.

Archer x Saber are my favorite in the fate series due to weapon of choice and personality. Which reminds me Tatsuya is much more like saber than Archer tho. =)
Let me guess. Do you think the one girl he has an interest in is Erika? cause its notit'sreallynot
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 06:45   Link #1488
BW95
Banned

Quote:

Well, let's consider what we know. He blew up a frickin' battleship. Three years later, no one seems to know who he is.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 07:08   Link #1489
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
Let me guess. Do you think the one girl he has an interest in is Erika? cause its notit'sreallynot
How did you now? Is what I wanna say but it would be a spoiler if I answer it#!

Hmmmmm...maybe I used a different chara to describe Tatsuya...how about Vincent Valentine? Or Oga Tatsumi?

For Miyuki she gives me the impression of Cloud Strife or Aoi Kunieda

While for my beloved it she is definitely a Zack Fair or Hilda Garde

For Honoka Im pretty sure shes a Yuffie or a Furuichi.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-04-25, 07:09   Link #1490
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
Well, let's consider what we know. He blew up a frickin' battleship. Three years later, no one seems to know who he is.
So that must mean there is some high political force like the government or the military or a numbers family purposefully modifying databases so that he is just some failure of a magician in course 2. It would kind of make sense to keep his identity a secret. Though why would they send him to high school i wonder...
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 08:32   Link #1491
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Mahouka has left a different impression on anime only public.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
she just testing her new cooking knife....
Images
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 08:38   Link #1492
anonfr

Quote:
How did you now? Is what I wanna say but it would be a spoiler if I answer it#!

Hmmmmm...maybe I used a different chara to describe Tatsuya...how about Vincent Valentine? Or Oga Tatsumi?

For Miyuki she gives me the impression of Cloud Strife or Aoi Kunieda

While for my beloved it she is definitely a Zack Fair or Hilda Garde

For Honoka Im pretty sure shes a Yuffie or a Furuichi.
A ship isn't a spoiler, it is an opinion. It's a belief, a way of life!
Miyuki makes you think of Cloud? What? Idk, she makes me think more of Sephiroth for some reason. I was really not expecting that. Pampz why do you bring up such strange thoughts?

Your beloved is definitely not Hildegarde though. The personalities are just too different. Hildegarde is ultra serious and proper all the time. exceptforthepersonalitychanges
I think Oga's sister or Nene have more similar personalities. Even Aoi does.

Actually nevermind. I'll agree to disagree on all of these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
So that must mean there is some high political force like the government or the military or a numbers family purposefully modifying databases so that he is just some failure of a magician in course 2. It would kind of make sense to keep his identity a secret. Though why would they send him to high school i wonder...
I think in episode one he says their dad actually didn't want him attend high school. You know, in that awkward kitchen scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
she just testing her new cooking knife....
Images
These make me so happy
Old 2014-04-25, 09:08   Link #1493
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
A ship isn't a spoiler, it is an opinion. It's a belief, a way of life!
Miyuki makes you think of Cloud? What? Idk, she makes me think more of Sephiroth for some reason. I was really not expecting that. Pampz why do you bring up such strange thoughts?

Your beloved is definitely not Hildegarde though. The personalities are just too different. Hildegarde is ultra serious and proper all the time. exceptforthepersonalitychanges
I think Oga's sister or Nene have more similar personalities. Even Aoi does.

Actually nevermind. I'll agree to disagree on all of these.
Who gave you those words of wisdom?
Miyuki=Cloud=Derange?(Sorry for the word)
Well Iam me afterall; If people find it strange then thats life

Lol you clearly dont know what kind of person Hilda is...

Anyway lets stick to the anime topic.

Ninja vs Swordsman;
Who will triumph?

Base on the episode Tatsuya took Kirihara off-guard so he had the advantage~

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-04-25, 09:24   Link #1494
anonfr

Quote:
Who gave you those words of wisdom?
Miyuki=Cloud=Derange?(Sorry for the word)
Well Iam me afterall; If people find it strange then thats life

Lol you clearly dont know what kind of person Hilda is...

Anyway lets stick to the anime topic.

Ninja vs Swordsman;
Who will triumph?

Base on the episode Tatsuya took Kirihara off-guard so he had the advantage~
They just came to me
I guess I see the cloud connection, but with her sort of elite-ness and capabilities, I see more of a Sephiroth/Genesis parallel, the good product and the failed product I guess.
How do I not know what kind of person Hilda is? I read every chapter twice, as well as viewed the anime, and even shipped Hilda. We just don't agree on some things. Hilda is not a genki girl.

If it's Tatsuya against Kirihara, I'd pick Tatsuya everytime, just because Tatsuya seemed to have an advantage in speed, even if he caught Kirihara off gaurd he did get right in front of his strike, and Tatsuya took on the entire kenjutsu blub with his dexterity and nimbleness alone.

But if it was say, an unnamed Ninja from Tatsuya's dojo against an unnamed Kenjutsu club member... I'd still go with Ninja.

But generally, with Ninja against swordsman in a pure fight I usually go with Swordsman, unless the ninja can use surprise, or his surroundings. hmm.
Old 2014-04-25, 13:56   Link #1495
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Mahouka has left a different impression on anime only public.

Whoever made that image did an EXCELLENT job.
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 14:00   Link #1496
kagato3

Quote:

I think in episode one he says their dad actually didn't want him attend high school. You know, in that awkward kitchen scene.

His dad wanted him to take a job at his company. So far nothing has shown Tatsuya isn't as poor in the tested areas as he claims. He has been shown to be struggling speed wise among even the other couse 2 students and then he is acting frustrated with the results. The scene in ep 1 doesn't really tell us about the AoE of his magic as we haven't been told if the damage was caused directly by magic or as some have been calling it a magic nuke where the aoe of the magic would be very small. As for interference that is again not something we can judge since seen any thing related to it yet.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 15:09   Link #1497
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
His dad wanted him to take a job at his company. So far nothing has shown Tatsuya isn't as poor in the tested areas as he claims. He has been shown to be struggling speed wise among even the other couse 2 students and then he is acting frustrated with the results. The scene in ep 1 doesn't really tell us about the AoE of his magic as we haven't been told if the damage was caused directly by magic or as some have been calling it a magic nuke where the aoe of the magic would be very small. As for interference that is again not something we can judge since seen any thing related to it yet.
When I said his dad tried to keep him from going to school, it was in reply to this :
Quote:
Since he said he wonders why they would send him to high school, I pointed out that someone did in fact, try to stop him from going to high school.

You're taking me out of context. Like completely out of context. I do agree with the very last line of your sentence though, about being unable to judge a level of interference. There's not enough background information. The most immediately apparent thing is that Tatsuya is not normal, and he's too nice to his sister. Not a lot of information outside of that.
Old 2014-04-25, 20:09   Link #1498
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Miyuki reminds me of Miyuki. She is who she is. Don't compare her with those super super inferior products, it is insulting.

BTW, why the heck are there a lot of wolves, pretenting to be sheeps and talking to each others?
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
bietchie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 20:20   Link #1499
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Well, judging from Tatsuya's thoughts, it really does look like his magical abilities do suck. So the Weed label is probably well deserved.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 21:23   Link #1500
rladls716

Tatsuya said to Miyuki at first day of school before the ceremony in episode 1 that he was rather lucky to be attending in the school as a Course 2 student even though he was the first place on paper test, however not so good on pratical exam.

I don't know whether Tatsuya is lying or not.
Who knows what his real skill is?
And then, even though he chose his career as "Magic Engineering".
What makes us think that he has aptitude for those fields?
rladls716 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, futuristic setting, hard fantasy, mahouka, scientific magic, supernatural