Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-04-26, 11:59   Link #81
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihaxlikenoob View Post
Guy is god.
yep. he even survived the dreaded end-of-life-flashback (with help, but still it's impressive lol)
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 16:29   Link #82
Eragon
Still Alive

No-nonsense Sasuke is the best version of Sasuke.
I know I shouldn't be enjoying this spontaneous bromance (romance ? XD) between Sasuke and Naruto but fuck it, I'm going to enjoy it anyways.
Old 2014-04-26, 16:45   Link #83
JustRob

I actually like a little bit of nonsense-Sasuke. It's been a while since we've seen him.
Old 2014-04-26, 20:13   Link #84
Cookie-Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
No-nonsense Sasuke is the best version of Sasuke.
I know I shouldn't be enjoying this spontaneous bromance (romance ? XD) between Sasuke and Naruto but fuck it, I'm going to enjoy it anyways.
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Sasuke's throughout shippuden has been so boring precisely because he has no personality (mainly because he doesn't talk). All he does is frown and act emo. Its completely different from Itachi who just oozes coolness despite his lack of emotion. He is just badass. Sasuke is best when hes not taking himself too seriously. Hes a poopie head when hes acting like a bootleg Clint eastwood.

Notice for example that almost all of sasuke's fights are fought without any of the usual inner dialogue. Think back to the early series when sasuke was fighting people like gaara or Orochimaru in the forest of death. The Oro fight in particular was so interesting because you got plenty of sasuke inner dialogue.
("Move, move, MOOOOOVEEEE" *stabs his leg* to get out of Oro's genjutsu )

Compare that to his shippuden fights like vs Danzo or Raikage or Bee etc. You go barely any sasuke inner dialogue. It's all told from the perspective of his enemy. Makes him less interesting as a character (the bee fight was awesome because of Bee's mad skills, not sasuke).

I'm glad this particular fight (probably because naruto is involved) we are finally getting some sasuke inner dialogue (and talking in general). It makes him much more interesting.
Cookie-Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 11:22   Link #85
Xagzan

RIP Sakura

Unless she gets to do something cool against Madara, but...Nah, that's crazy talk!
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 14:33   Link #86
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
RIP Sakura

Unless she gets to do something cool against Madara, but...Nah, that's crazy talk!
Its the usual, she does the same as Tsunade: she activates her forehead seal and heals herself from any injury. But the question here is if that black rod can be used by Madara to control her, it would be quite cool if he uses her as a shield against Naruto and Sasuke.

Unfortunately whenever Naruto and Sasuke are close to her she automatically gets weaker

Also we have Obito there, he could view Sakura as another Rin and thus try to save her somehow. Imagine Sakura jumping into Naruto's or Sasuke's jutsu because she realized that Madara is using her to beat them. For example inner Sakura could beat Madara's control just for a second so that she can suicide. Then Obito could prevent that. Lots of possible combinations

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2014-04-27 at 15:21.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 14:59   Link #87
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Also we have Obito there, he could view Sakura as another Rin and thus try to save her somehow. Imagine Sakura jumping into Naruto's or Sasuke's because she realized that Madara is using her to beat them. For example inner Sakura could beat Madara's control just for a second so that she can suicide. Then Obito could prevent that. Lots of possible combinations
something like that will likely happen. i expect this will be the moment madara reveals to obito that he completely used him and set the whole rin incident up. obito will then protect sakura as he wanted to do with rin. i dont think inner sakura will play a role though
Old 2014-04-27, 15:31   Link #88
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
i dont think inner sakura will play a role though
Madara's black rods are very powerful, when Sasuke just touches them with his hand the 2nd hokage realizes that Sasuke has become more than a normal human, that is he somehow got part of the Sage's power. So i guess if Madara wants to control Sakura she would have no chance, unless this "inner Sakura" thing can disrupt the control just for a second before Madara regains it.

Another option that i mentioned earlier multiple times is that now anybody can die because the rinnegan can bring them back. So why not let Sakura die. This fight is supposed to be the pinnacle of this war, and i think it should be both for the power level and the emotions involved, so people that matter should be killed here. ( BTW i think Kishimoto killed off Killer Bee without even mentioning it, that's kinda sad, but also makes it clear that he will be back in the end ). At this point even if Madara takes back his rinnegan i think Obito can possibly revive everybody if his own eye turns into a rinnegan which is possible since he also got the 1st hokage's cells in his body for many years now, just like Madara did. Of course for that to happen Naruto would have to save his life first, but apparently he can do that now.
Old 2014-04-27, 16:01   Link #89
JustRob

Quote:
something like that will likely happen. i expect this will be the moment madara reveals to obito that he completely used him and set the whole rin incident up. obito will then protect sakura as he wanted to do with rin. i dont think inner sakura will play a role though
I don't think Madara will be dumb enough to antagonize Obito before he's absolutely sure he's no longer a threat.
Old 2014-04-27, 17:16   Link #90
iBeast

Uchiha Sasuke is back.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 18:34   Link #91
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Do people honestly think "inner Sakura" is something more than a joke?

Anyway, Sakura is a girl, which automatically puts her in the useless category as far as Kishimoto is concerned. XD
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 18:45   Link #92
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
I don't think Madara will be dumb enough to antagonize Obito before he's absolutely sure he's no longer a threat.
madara will get the rinnegan from obito and then be back to his normal antagonistic self i could see him doing it either way though. kishi needs to provide closure on the issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
i didn't think so, but apparently people do. it's just for comic relief. i would only expect to possibly see it after all is said and done and team 7 is "back together"

Quote:
Anyway, Sakura is a girl, which automatically puts her in the useless category as far as Kishimoto is concerned. XD
she's already proving that nicely by being unable to crush the eye of someone who has been 'the' major villain of the series for hundreds of chapters haha
Old 2014-04-27, 18:45   Link #93
DKN117

Quote:
Back in Part 1 during the Chunin Exams, when Ino tried to use the Shintenshin no Jutsu to make Sakura surrender in their match, Inner-Sakura kicked Ino out of Sakura's head.
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 18:50   Link #94
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
Back in Part 1 during the Chunin Exams, when Ino tried to use the Shintenshin no Jutsu to make Sakura surrender in their match, Inner-Sakura kicked Ino out of Sakura's head.
and that fight was a joke
Old 2014-04-27, 19:21   Link #95
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Yeah that was a joke...
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 12:42   Link #96
GDB

Quote:
It's all based on the Sakura vs Ino fight back in part 1. That fight made it seem as if there were actually another personality or soul within her mind, whereas every other instance it was basically just her true feelings/thoughts.

Quote:
Yeah that was a joke...
Jokes don't determine outcomes of fights. It obviously didn't mean anything more than a joke and shouldn't be taken as more than such, but it's not as if there isn't basis for why some people think that.

That said, ignore anything from part 1. Kishi's retconned so many things that it's nearly impossible to tell what's what anymore.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 12:55   Link #97
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Add to that Kakashi saying that Sakura also has genjutsu talent (was it in the chuunin exam or at the beginning of part two?), which foreshadows that one day Sakura might have a strong genjutsu ability too, which makes sense because currently Sakura is nothing more than a copy of Tsunade. So i expect that sooner or later she will get some genjutsu ability, and since she is one of the main characters her genjutsu won't be something generic but something unique. Inner Sakura was unique, so i think Kishimoto might build on that to create something that's unique to Sakura. In the current fight i do not expect Sakura showing genjutsu that is useful against Madara, this is trivial, however as i said against a weakened Madara (he was just cut in half by Sasuke) she might have a very short burst of genjutsu that might give her a second where she regains her self control. This is the most i expect from Sakura here, anything more should come later, maybe after a timeskip.
Old 2014-04-28, 13:17   Link #98
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Jokes don't determine outcomes of fights.
naruto beat kiba with a fart
Old 2014-04-28, 15:51   Link #99
ranchan13

Quote:
naruto beat kiba with a fart
Only because Kiba had enhanced his sense of smell. Naruto got lucky.

On a side note, it was that moment that told us what Naruto's Elemental Nature Chakra was
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 18:11   Link #100
Cookie-Monster

Question of the day.
Where is sarutobi? I didn't see him *die*.

Thought of the day.
Sad that Jiraya not around to see these events. Was pretty cool how he was the only one looking for the child of prophesy. Putting his faith in Minato, then Nagato, then naruto, then dying. He did so much. Would be pretty cool to see him around.

Would be pretty sexy to see a page during the fight where we see Tobirama + Sarutobi + Jiraya + Minato + Kakashi + Naruto all standing next to each other.
Cookie-Monster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion