AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka LN - Steeplechase Chapter (Volume 13) Rating
Perfect 10 13 20.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 20.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 26.98%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 17.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 6.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.17%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.17%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.59%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-04-27, 17:41   Link #1221
guestuser

well miyuki is tatsuya binds but it would take so much power that she wont be able to use magic anymore
guestuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 17:44   Link #1222
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocar View Post
this nine houses is refering to the ten master clans or some other families?

i never thought miyuki had so much power over tats! she can steal his magic! what a monster!!!!!
That is literally the entire reason he is her Guardian: because she can control him.
Old 2014-04-27, 17:44   Link #1223
IceHism

Damn, miyuki is hardcore. She can take away Tatsuya's eyes by taking away her magic. That's a bit drastic...

Quote:
this nine houses is refering to the ten master clans or some other families?

i never thought miyuki had so much power over tats! she can steal his magic! what a monster!!!!!
There are 28 houses that are considered for the position of 10 master clans. 10 are chosen. The rest 18 are called the assistant houses
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 17:47   Link #1224
guestuser

though i wonder is the seal permanent or is it temporary because it will be big problem if it is permanent
Old 2014-04-27, 18:02   Link #1225
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verisimilitude View Post
Found something interesting over on jcafe:
I haven't seen any translations on that yet, but here's my take on this:
Spoiler for interpretation:

In other news, Chinese translations of Vol13 have started, and the new 9SC rules have been translated.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 18:09   Link #1226
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
How do we know that though? There's at least 50 SC magicians. We only know 13 of them.
We only have in depth descriptions on about 4 of them when it comes to how their magic works.

There's literally at least 2 score worth of unknown variables.

You can not say with full certainty none of their SC magic could match Tatsuya's when we don't know all 50 to begin with.
No one can. And when it comes to magic that can destroy the world, I don't think it's worth arguing on whether one can destroy it more entirely than the other.

Also, I was talking about personal combat magic, it's an important issue to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post

In other news, Chinese translations of Vol13 have started, and the new 9SC rules have been translated.
That's exactly what I was saying. They bit off more than they could chew and now they must be scared shitless. Didn't we already get the rules in a previous spoiler?
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 18:27   Link #1227
Chimurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post

I got doubt if Nobody will blame Mitsugu for screw Zhou capture, it was His personal view with pushing the Ops without wait Tats and Fumiya assistance or better say: Do before they come in order to not allow Tats participate, this did costs to Yotsuba and even could go further losing high rank member, don't known if there was deads or injured, the worst was losing the Prey in the 1st attempt, most likely Zhou ready known Yotsuba wants Him, but I think I made my POV. Anyway, I don't think Maya will keep blind eye and most likely punish Mitsugu.
Chimurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 18:27   Link #1228
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
Didn't we already get the rules in a previous spoiler?
Not to the extent of what I've been reading about. This thread didn't mention the shield event have you disqualified if your shield gets over 30% damaged for example, or the new points allocation system.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 18:35   Link #1229
guestuser

what is the allocation system?
Old 2014-04-27, 18:36   Link #1230
Jirachier

Quote:
Umm, not really.
I mean I don't think it's that simple, it's true that without her amazing mental interference magic it's impossible to seal Tatsuya's power. But when the seal was originally designed and placed on Tatsuya, my guess is it wasn't like she forced it on him or anything, but he was following his aunt's order and he let her place it and since then she could seal him, it's like allowing someone to put an electric collar around your neck, of course it will be easy to afterwards control you.

Also I'm quite disappointed that there was no reaction from Kuroba dad/son when Tatsuya used Regrowth, those are the moments I usually enjoy
Old 2014-04-27, 18:37   Link #1231
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by guestuser View Post
Mitsugu said ''Originally, that thing should not even be allowed outside'' so could it be there is something about tatsuya birth that they were so afraid of
Now I don't understand why Tatsuya is tools ?
That's Maya's decision alone ? Looks like Mitsugu don't like it.
hakazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 18:41   Link #1232
Chimurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
Now I don't understand why Tatsuya is tools ?
That's Maya's decision alone ? Looks like Mitsugu don't like it.
Considering all vols to now: Is there a chance to go against Maya will without paid the price? and this comes first inside the Clan, I don't think Mitsugu will go off with just a spank.
Old 2014-04-27, 18:43   Link #1233
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimurry View Post
Considering all vols to now: Is there a chance to go against Maya will without paid the price? and this comes first inside the Clan, I don't think Mitsugu will go off with just a spank.
Hayama can get away with things. But then again, he's hayama, the head butler who served the yotsuba for 50 years now.
Old 2014-04-27, 19:01   Link #1234
hakazee

Another question.
What's the difference between being a ' Tool ' and being a ' Weapon '

Volume 09

The majority of those working for the Yotsuba Family were aware that Tatsuya was Maya’s nephew. At the same time, they also knew that Tatsuya served as nothing more than a tool. –Except, only a select minority had access to the information that he was being utilized as a weapon.

Mitsugu don't know Tatsuya is a ' Weapon ' ?
hakazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 19:06   Link #1235
Awrya
U mad?

^
He knows, that's why he freaked out when Maya sent Tatsuya and Fumiya over as reinforcement.
In his opinion, hunting down Zhou is not important/dangerous enough to have a monster like Tatsuya participate.
Old 2014-04-27, 19:09   Link #1236
Chimurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
Another question.
What's the difference between being a ' Tool ' and being a ' Weapon '

Volume 09

The majority of those working for the Yotsuba Family were aware that Tatsuya was Maya’s nephew. At the same time, they also knew that Tatsuya served as nothing more than a tool. –Except, only a select minority had access to the information that he was being utilized as a weapon.

Mitsugu don't know Tatsuya is a ' Weapon ' ?
Mitsugu is among the few could known all back story and that's Why he looks more terrify that pissed when Maya send Tats to assist them, I think His dialogue show something like: you play ouija never knowns you called the real deal, I often keep in mind Retsu sentence about Tats, don't remember exact quote, but give hints Tats is the successful experiment, maybe the same as his grandchild, but healthy, We ready know they have artificial conception technology.
BTW: I will like read better, but its give me the idea Maya wants Tats being recognize or feared as full rights member of the Yotsuba.

About Tool and Weapon: You could use a baseball bat as tool, but the feeling change you go with a M16 or AK 47, right?
Old 2014-04-27, 19:41   Link #1237
millie10468

Is anyone else getting goosebumps reading these spoilers?

But it might hit an iceberg...
millie10468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 19:58   Link #1238
nacer666

Why doesn't he just decompose the seal or whatever?
nacer666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 20:10   Link #1239
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacer666 View Post
Because that would lead him into direct conflict with the Yotsuba, eliminate his excuse for staying near Miyuki, and probably a bunch of other shit as well.

Also, I'm not sure he can. I mean, its a seal on his magic. One would assume it has precedence over his magic or it wouldn't be able to seal it in the first place.
Old 2014-04-27, 20:38   Link #1240
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacer666 View Post
I don't think he can decompose it. It seems like he can copy miyuki and temporarily release the seal though. Maybe it's mental interference magic.
Also, miyuki uses 50% of her magic power to seal Tatsuya, one can assume that he does not have enough magic power after being sealed by miyuki to decompose the seal even if it was possible otherwise that would be a very bad limiter...