AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-04-28, 10:04   Link #641
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post

To leave out information that makes some of the scenes that there watching hard to understand? Not sure how that would work. Im really curious how the sale figures would hit off though. One thing ive picked up from the forums etc though, theres been a decent amount of people still watching the anime because of the degree to which ln/manga fans have defended it. It's a good thing the Ln had a large fanbase.
I guess its not that easy;
Well I have an OCD so If there isnt something I dont understand; Id go to lengths just to understand something; even if I have to buy the novel/manga.

Sometimes I even hate my OCD especially if there is an event item that I want; I even gave up 300$ just to get it

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 11:18   Link #642
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
I guess its not that easy;
Well I have an OCD so If there isnt something I dont understand; Id go to lengths just to understand something; even if I have to buy the novel/manga.

Sometimes I even hate my OCD especially if there is an event item that I want; I even gave up 300$ just to get it
Ouch, I feel for you. That would suck.

Generally speaking though, something has to generate enough interest in the person before it gets somone to dig for the information. To relate this to the adaption, theres some aspects so far in the anime that might stimulate people to read the ln discounting the anime defence done by ln/manga readers (namely, the bloom/weed scenario).

Hard to think of it as a marketing technique though, that is to say leaving out clumps of information to stimulate people to buy the ln to find out what the source says for a more detailed explanation. I think there shipping Miyuki and Tatsuya hard as a marketing technique to increase interest (theres a big thing for siblingxsibling romance), likewise lingering on certain moments, making it into a fanservice moment (Again, big thing for this, Strike the Blood adaption is evident of this, sale well despite poor fight scenes and a bad mc).

To be honest, this actually annoys me, it cuts out the time that can be used on the worldbuilding, and its clearly needed since so far its leaving some confusion behind on some of the scenes. In the end though, the sales will show how well this worked.
Ultraviolet X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 11:25   Link #643
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
Ouch, I feel for you. That would suck.

Generally speaking though, something has to generate enough interest in the person before it gets somone to dig for the information. To relate this to the adaption, theres some aspects so far in the anime that might stimulate people to read the ln discounting the anime defence done by ln/manga readers (namely, the bloom/weed scenario).

Hard to think of it as a marketing technique though, that is to say leaving out clumps of information to stimulate people to buy the ln to find out what the source says for a more detailed explanation. I think there shipping Miyuki and Tatsuya hard as a marketing technique to increase interest (theres a big thing for siblingxsibling romance), likewise lingering on certain moments, making it into a fanservice moment.

To be honest, this actually annoys me, it cuts out the time that can be used on the worldbuilding, and its clearly needed since so far its leaving some confusion behind on some of the scenes. In the end though, the sales will show how well this worked.
Well well another thing we both agree...It annoys me that they have to put Miyuki everytime rahter than give sometime for more explanation

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 11:37   Link #644
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Well well another thing we both agree...It annoys me that they have to put Miyuki everytime rahter than give sometime for more explanation
You sound surprised..........The only thing we disagree on really is anything related to Erika. I forgot to add, I also think they will enphasis on Tatsuya's opness since that can hit it off pretty well as well (SAO as an example). I really don't think they will properly explain Tatsuya's flaws in the anime. Unlike the others, I dont actually find this a bad thing though, gives more time for worldbuilding. Its sorely needed. Besides, it might make some of the action scenes more enjoyable.
Old 2014-04-28, 13:39   Link #645
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
true true, but since miyuki is a main character as well they can`t just cut her off.
This could also be a plot for people to buy the LN, research i did. the LN sells are up since the anime started
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 14:04   Link #646
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoboSobo View Post
true true, but since miyuki is a main character as well they can`t just cut her off.
This could also be a plot for people to buy the LN, research i did. the LN sells are up since the anime started
That just comes down to a difference of opinion, some people will loath Miyuki, the way shes always shown in the anime and constantly rubbing our faces in TatsuyaXMiyuki scenes (im included here), some people will like it. Its not that there including her here, but rather there showing pretty much all scenes involving Miyuki, whereas everyone else suffered cuts, and giving special attention to these Miyuki scenes.

That being said, going by what I have seen, Miyuki is generally well liked anime wise...........or maybe its just ln fans going on a voting and shipping spree.
Old 2014-04-28, 15:41   Link #647
Stanelis

A special event seems to be scheduled in... yokohama on the 19h of october Madhouse sure seems to have a lot of fun.

Spoiler for Image:

No sure if that's relevant regarding what will be adapted.
Stanelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 15:45   Link #648
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
A special event seems to be scheduled in... yokohama on the 19h of october Madhouse sure seems to have a lot of fun.

Spoiler for Image:

pretty much says yokohama arc will be in the anime
Old 2014-04-28, 17:48   Link #649
guestuser

i wonder will they change the opening when this arc ends because this op does not fit that well with the 2nd and 3rd arc but they properly will change the pictures because who doesnt like lisa
guestuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 19:00   Link #650
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by guestuser View Post
i wonder will they change the opening when this arc ends because this op does not fit that well with the 2nd and 3rd arc but they properly will change the pictures because who doesnt like lisa
most likely, this current arc has hints of the 9SC arc at the end when masaki appears. Probably next op will be about the 9sc and have hints from yokohama arc.
Old 2014-04-28, 20:38   Link #651
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

I'm fine with Haruka as she is in that scene as long as the voice is "in-character", and she comes across completely different in, for example, the scene at Yakumo's temple. She is, in many ways, undercover at First High, and she was intentionally going for "distracting" in that particular scene, so a little "Crouching Moron Hidden Badass" is called for. I agree that her manga appearance is much more like how I imagined her in the LN.

Quote:
most likely, this current arc has hints of the 9SC arc at the end when masaki appears. Probably next op will be about the 9sc and have hints from yokohama arc.
I'm guessing new OP after 9SC, referencing Yokohama and hinting a bit more at Reminiscence. You might be right, though, as you'd think they'd want the new First High characters introduced in 9SC (Isori and Kanon, particularly) in the OP.
Old 2014-04-29, 01:12   Link #652
Tormenk

Quote:

Spoiler for Image:

No wonder Mayumi is so hung up about her height. She's the most petite from the main cast, even losing out to Shizuku.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 02:46   Link #653
niffum

19th of October? Do they usually advertise that kind of event this early? Heh, nice to see the character all lined up like that as yes, it really does bring out how tiny Mayumi really is

Ohno-sensei... More than her voice I was bothered by the way she was drawn. Those proportions, that face, ouch. But I kind of disagree with her coming off as a different character: in the novel, she never gets taken seriously after her introduction scene. Trolled by Tatsuya, trolled by Fujibayashi, called by her first name by all her students, has basically one magic ability with pretty much no practical applications in day-to-day life... What's so mature and adult-like about her again?

Loved the episode. It felt so much better tied together than the previous one and the backgrounds were gorgeous. It's a shame they cut out the bit about how most magicians aren't even all that highly paid and how their status isn't all that great, since that is kind of important both for Tatsuya's argument and the series as a whole.
niffum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 03:01   Link #654
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by niffum View Post
19th of October? Do they usually advertise that kind of event this early? Heh, nice to see the character all lined up like that as yes, it really does bring out how tiny Mayumi really is

Ohno-sensei... More than her voice I was bothered by the way she was drawn. Those proportions, that face, ouch. But I kind of disagree with her coming off as a different character: in the novel, she never gets taken seriously after her introduction scene. Trolled by Tatsuya, trolled by Fujibayashi, called by her first name by all her students, has basically one magic ability with pretty much no practical applications in day-to-day life... What's so mature and adult-like about her again?

Loved the episode. It felt so much better tied together than the previous one and the backgrounds were gorgeous. It's a shame they cut out the bit about how most magicians aren't even all that highly paid and how their status isn't all that great, since that is kind of important both for Tatsuya's argument and the series as a whole.
Man if you look at how the characters are drawn damn tats and mayumi fits very well together or with shizuku.
About haruka character, yeah her proportions are a little off she a little fat if you ask me and the hair is strange. But we also have to think that the author is also part of the anime process so he gave his consent for the character designs meaning he must've thought the way haruka was drawn was fitting her LN character.
The money thing is just the motivation behind the anti-magic guys. Like in any other society the money one makes based on valued are his talents in that society. Magic being used mostly for military, police, security etc isn't highly valued in their society not like doctors,engineers,teachers etc, i'm talking about magicians in general not about the select few that are in 10MC and hold a lot of influence and power.

Episode 4 was more coherent then the others and i loved it i`m looking forward to next episode the student forum and blanche attack , time for tats to kick some but.
Old 2014-04-29, 03:08   Link #655
IceHism

Quote:
Man if you look at how the characters are drawn damn tats and mayumi fits very well together or with shizuku.
About haruka character, yeah her proportions are a little off she a little fat if you ask me and the hair is strange. But we also have to think that the author is also part of the anime process so he gave his consent for the character designs meaning he must've thought the way haruka was drawn was fitting her LN character.
The money thing is just the motivation behind the anti-magic guys. Like in any other society the money one makes based on valued are his talents in that society. Magic being used mostly for military, police, security etc isn't highly valued in their society not like doctors,engineers,teachers etc, i'm talking about magicians in general not about the select few that are in 10MC and hold a lot of influence and power.

Episode 4 was more coherent then the others and i loved it i`m looking forward to next episode the student forum and blanche attack , time for tats to kick some but.
You are aware that the person who drew all the character designs for the anime is exactly the same person(Kana Ishida) that drew all the illustrations in the light novel right? If Tsutomu didn't approve her, it would be a huge slap in the face and all the work she had done. There's no need for him to approve, she made both the LN and anime designs.

It effectively means that none of these designs were errors to begin with.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 03:17   Link #656
niffum

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
You are aware that the person who drew all the character designs for the anime is exactly the same person(Kana Ishida) that drew all the illustrations in the light novel right? If Tsutomu didn't approve her, it would be a huge slap in the face and all the work she had done.

It effectively means that none of these designs were errors to begin with.
I don't think SoboSobo is talking about her design in itself though but about the way she was drawn in this episode specifically. It was... well, weird. Various parts of her body seemed out of proportion with the rest of her and some parts of her were completely inconsistent throughout the scene, changing every time the camera angle changed.
niffum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 03:23   Link #657
IceHism

Quote:
I don't think SoboSobo is talking about her design in itself though but about the way she was drawn in this episode specifically. It was... well, weird. Various parts of her body seemed out of proportion with the rest of her and some parts of her were completely inconsistent throughout the scene, changing every time the camera angle changed.

It may be either the animators fault or that it was drawn from different perspectives / depth. I didn't really notice anything wrong with the proportions.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 03:58   Link #658
Stanelis

Quote:
pretty much says yokohama arc will be in the anime
That or maybe they'll announce a S2 during this event.
Stanelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 04:03   Link #659
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
This is why I don't have much problem with her depiction so far in the anime (animation quality aside). She's supposed to come across as "trying too hard", and then you find out that that in itself is an act, and she's actually something of a "Badass Normal" (or at least as "normal" as anyone gets in this series). Ask me again after she shows up before the raid on the library (I think that was the first work we see of her in her "real" job).
Old 2014-04-29, 04:31   Link #660
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
you are right, i didn't meant the design of the character it self, but the way she was in the anime, the proportions,the details, the colors seems out of place with the how the rest of the characters are drawn in the anime.
Could it be the anime guys are trying to make her look that way because she is using some kind of magic to disguise herself or her trying to hard to blend in as a teacher? i guess we will see if there's any difference when she will appear in an official capacity as a public safety officer.

Quote:
That or maybe they'll announce a S2 during this event.
you could be right about season 2, we already knew from the 26 episodes they announced that 3 arcs will pretty much be animated.
The anime is certainly a hit in japan, and the LN sells are going up like crazy and a season 2 will be very likely if this trend keeps up, considering the action and story will only get a lot better in future arcs i don`t see why it will decline in popularity.
And they still have a ton of material left for a second season, reminiscence, visitors, double seven, steeplechase and another volume by the end of the first season, even more if they make a second season around this time next year.

we shall see, i`m a big ban of mahouka so a second season will be music to my ears