AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-04-29, 05:40   Link #661
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoboSobo View Post
you could be right about season 2, we already knew from the 26 episodes they announced that 3 arcs will pretty much be animated.
The anime is certainly a hit in japan, and the LN sells are going up like crazy and a season 2 will be very likely if this trend keeps up, considering the action and story will only get a lot better in future arcs i don`t see why it will decline in popularity.
And they still have a ton of material left for a second season, reminiscence, visitors, double seven, steeplechase and another volume by the end of the first season, even more if they make a second season around this time next year.

we shall see, i`m a big ban of mahouka so a second season will be music to my ears
Since they're giving it 26 episodes, and it doesn't appear that the first arc will last beyond the 6th episode, 9SC Arc and Yokohama Arc are pretty much a given, if not Reminiscence as well. The series will end the last week of September (assuming 26 episodes with no breaks between now and then), so announcing a season 2, probably one cour to cover the Visitor Arc (and maybe Double Sevens), at an October event is a decent possibility. That gets us up to Volume 11 (maybe 12) and Volume 13 appears to be the start of a new arc, so I don’t think they'll be going any further any time soon...

Personally, I'd recommend a full cour for just Visitor, giving them plenty of room to adapt it faithfully, as long as it is, and a clean break if they want to later start adapting the second year.
Old 2014-04-29, 05:45   Link #662
Stanelis

Quote:
Since they're giving it 26 episodes, and it doesn't appear that the first arc will last beyond the 6th episode,
According to the preview (http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23430765) for next week it is very likely that the first arc will extend to the 7th episode at least (unless they plan to make all the action fit in ep 6, but I'd find it very surprising).
Stanelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 06:27   Link #663
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
According to the preview (http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23430765) for next week it is very likely that the first arc will extend to the 7th episode at least (unless they plan to make all the action fit in ep 6, but I'd find it very surprising).
even if its 7 episodes, i doubt since first volume was 3 second will most likely be 3 as well, it still leaves 19 episodes to go.
That's a lot of episodes for just 9sc arc. the 19 episodes should be split between 9sc arc and yokohama with some fanservice summer brake/election episodes in the middle.
That should give them enough room to adapt the LN pretty well.
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 06:55   Link #664
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
even if its 7 episodes, i doubt since first volume was 3 second will most likely be 3 as well, it still leaves 19 episodes to go.
That's a lot of episodes for just 9sc arc. the 19 episodes should be split between 9sc arc and yokohama with some fanservice summer brake/election episodes in the middle.
That should give them enough room to adapt the LN pretty well.
I agree. Only I think Reminiscence will be animated as well. Inserted in the middle of those side story episodes in the middle of 9 Schools and Yokohama. Elections and Beach Episode will be animated. I'm not too sure about the rest of the chapters though...which is a crying shame. (Maybe they'll be released as OVAs?)
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 07:01   Link #665
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Since they're giving it 26 episodes, and it doesn't appear that the first arc will last beyond the 6th episode, 9SC Arc and Yokohama Arc are pretty much a given, if not Reminiscence as well. The series will end the last week of September (assuming 26 episodes with no breaks between now and then), so announcing a season 2, probably one cour to cover the Visitor Arc (and maybe Double Sevens), at an October event is a decent possibility. That gets us up to Volume 11 (maybe 12) and Volume 13 appears to be the start of a new arc, so I don’t think they'll be going any further any time soon...

Personally, I'd recommend a full cour for just Visitor, giving them plenty of room to adapt it faithfully, as long as it is, and a clean break if they want to later start adapting the second year.

So....

First Season: 26 Episodes. Enrollment through Yokohama.

(OVA releases. Possible movie announcement.)

Second Season: 12-14 Episodes. Visitor Arc Only.

Third Season: Second Year Arcs.
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 08:25   Link #666
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
So....

First Season: 26 Episodes. Enrollment through Yokohama.

(OVA releases. Possible movie announcement.)

Second Season: 12-14 Episodes. Visitor Arc Only.

Third Season: Second Year Arcs.
it depends man, i assume volume 14 and 15 will be out this year as well, judging by past releases.
I would assume second season will start with reminiscent arc since is like a introduction to visitors arc, then visitors arc and maybe double seven arc if the anime will have same length as first season.

But i highly doubt the reminiscence arc would be animated this season, that will mean cutting a lot of episodes from the other arsc which will pretty much drop the quality of the story especially since 9sc arc and yokohama arc is where see tatsuya abilities and power being unveiled with the explanations for them as well.

If they have a second season in plan best will be to end this season with tatsuya and miyuki heading to the yotsuba main house at the beginning of the reminiscence arc.

But we shall see what the studio has in mind.
Old 2014-04-29, 14:47   Link #667
Kyuusaisha

Quote:
it depends man, i assume volume 14 and 15 will be out this year as well, judging by past releases.
I would assume second season will start with reminiscent arc since is like a introduction to visitors arc, then visitors arc and maybe double seven arc if the anime will have same length as first season.

But i highly doubt the reminiscence arc would be animated this season, that will mean cutting a lot of episodes from the other arsc which will pretty much drop the quality of the story especially since 9sc arc and yokohama arc is where see tatsuya abilities and power being unveiled with the explanations for them as well.

If they have a second season in plan best will be to end this season with tatsuya and miyuki heading to the yotsuba main house at the beginning of the reminiscence arc.

But we shall see what the studio has in mind.
I would LOVE to see Reminiscence arc in anime form right now. But I can't see it happening unless they want to massacre 9SC and Yokohama.

Like you say, either have it at the beginning of the next season or do it as a movie/OVA since it's one of those arcs that aren't silly long and would probably be easy to fit into an hour - an hour and a half.

9SC is (I think) very long compared to the other arcs besides Visitor which is 3 books instead of just the "normal" 2 books. 9SC is also where even more of the characterization happens and if they skip any more of that now I think it might even get as bad as the Tokyo Ravens adaptation.
Kyuusaisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 15:05   Link #668
millie10468

Is it weird that I've gotten to a very chilled and relaxed place about how the anime is being received? I barely get worked up nowadays when I see people bashing it. Of course, I'm happy when I see people liking it, especially when they say they've gotten into so-and-so volume of the novels as a direct result of the anime. I wonder if this lack of energy is a sign that I've lost interest in how well the anime turns out. I hope not, cos I really want the anime to make me want to read the novels again in excitement, and not as a way to remind myself that the novels were better. Am I the only one feeling this way? Maybe...

But it might hit an iceberg...
millie10468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 15:07   Link #669
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusaisha View Post
I would LOVE to see Reminiscence arc in anime form right now. But I can't see it happening unless they want to massacre 9SC and Yokohama.

Like you say, either have it at the beginning of the next season or do it as a movie/OVA since it's one of those arcs that aren't silly long and would probably be easy to fit into an hour - an hour and a half.

9SC is (I think) very long compared to the other arcs besides Visitor which is 3 books instead of just the "normal" 2 books. 9SC is also where even more of the characterization happens and if they skip any more of that now I think it might even get as bad as the Tokyo Ravens adaptation.
hehe, yeah 9sc is where he is established as an important part of first high, where people start respecting and recognizing him as more then a course 2 student but also as a fellow magician and yokohama arc is where a part of who he is, is revealed to his friends giving his friends a better understanding of him.

Cutting episodes from the other arcs just to animate a flash back arc will ruin the previous chapters by cutting time from them.They can insert some flash backs into the current format to give the anime watchers better understanding of the characters , but animating the whole arc will be to much of a streach for 26 episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by millie10468 View Post
Is it weird that I've gotten to a very chilled and relaxed place about how the anime is being received? I barely get worked up nowadays when I see people bashing it. Of course, I'm happy when I see people liking it, especially when they say they've gotten into so-and-so volume of the novels as a direct result of the anime. I wonder if this lack of energy is a sign that I've lost interest in how well the anime turns out. I hope not, cos I really want the anime to make me want to read the novels again in excitement, and not as a way to remind myself that the novels were better. Am I the only one feeling this way? Maybe...
I wouldn't say the LN were better, more detailed yes, but that is to be expected. Any adaptation from a text book to an anime/movie/tv show etc will not be better then its source material. because an adaptation is not just coping the text from the book to the anime it involves some imagination and creativity as well.
Old 2014-04-29, 15:56   Link #670
kazakiri
Nobody Knows

Quote:
I wouldn't say the LN were better, more detailed yes, but that is to be expected. Any adaptation from a text book to an anime/movie/tv show etc will not be better then its source material. because an adaptation is not just coping the text from the book to the anime it involves some imagination and creativity as well.
The imagination and creativity, you speak off is supposed to come into play through the animation and overall portrayal of the characters. "Show not tell" the problem is, they're not able to show some of the interactions between characters. The added sexual and incestous innuendo are not exactly what I would call creativity..
kazakiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 16:05   Link #671
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by millie10468 View Post
You've simply reached the enlightened stage of abandoning those who insist on jumping to conclusions.
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 16:12   Link #672
millie10468

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rava View Post
You've simply reached the enlightened stage of abandoning those who insist on jumping to conclusions.
It's an beautiful place to be. I wish more people would join up here

But it might hit an iceberg...
millie10468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 18:13   Link #673
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
No, I would flat out say the Ln is better. The Ln has so many good things about it that even if you don't like one thing, you may stay on for another thing that you like.

The anime on the other hand, is putting to the front scenes of brotherXsister scenes involving Miyuki to hold the attention, lingering on scenes for fan-service, and leaving general confusion on some of the scenes due to information cut-outs. Basically, following the typical way so many anime are done these days.

Keep in mind I'm comparing whats been seen so far compared to how it was in the Ln, I'm really hoping it changes somewhat once it hits the 9SC.
Ultraviolet X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 18:30   Link #674
Diocar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
No, I would flat out say the Ln is better. The Ln has so many good things about it that even if you don't like one thing, you may stay on for another thing that you like.

The anime on the other hand, is putting to the front scenes of brotherXsister scenes involving Miyuki to hold the attention, lingering on scenes for fan-service, and leaving general confusion on some of the scenes due to information cut-outs. Basically, following the typical way so many anime are done these days.
Your post makes me think that in mahouka anime they should do scenes for tats like death note when light or l are thinking and we have the scene became redish or blueish.
Anyway i agree that they are making mahouka a romantic comedy with ocasional batle scenes, just hope they don t become mindless batles.
Diocar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 18:34   Link #675
IceHism

We're 4 episodes in and we're at probably the least serious and least relevant arc in the whole series(heck, i would say volume 1-8 is just a really long introduction to the main plot of the series). Why don't we give it some slack until the anime is actually closer to being completed?
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 18:45   Link #676
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
We're 4 episodes in and we're at probably the least serious and least relevant arc in the whole series(heck, i would say volume 1-8 is just a really long introduction to the main plot of the series). Why don't we give it some slack until the anime is actually closer to being completed?
Would it help if I added I forgot to add so far to the post above? Because im talking about whats been seen so far, compared to the Ln at this stage, same as sobo.
Ultraviolet X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 18:55   Link #677
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
Would it help if I added I forgot to add so far to the post above? Because im talking about whats been seen so far, compared to the Ln at this stage, same as sobo.
Well, it is pretty obvious that madhouse aren't particularly happy about this arc either whether it be in novel or anime.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 20:33   Link #678
guestuser

i wonder how far will episode 5 cover i rather it cover 4-5 chapter of the manga oh i saw the preview but i hope it cover up to chapter 18 of the manga and finish it in the next episode because this arc really made a mess of this anime and made a lot of confusion and i dont blame how madhouse did it because limited time and alot of explaining about magic dont mix together well
guestuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 03:36   Link #679
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by guestuser View Post
i wonder how far will episode 5 cover i rather it cover 4-5 chapter of the manga oh i saw the preview but i hope it cover up to chapter 18 of the manga and finish it in the next episode because this arc really made a mess of this anime and made a lot of confusion and i dont blame how madhouse did it because limited time and alot of explaining about magic dont mix together well
this si a LN adaptation not a manga adaptation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Well, it is pretty obvious that madhouse aren't particularly happy about this arc either whether it be in novel or anime.
They aren't this arc is to condensed, we have how magic as a science works info dumb, we have some characters specific magic info dumps, we have the introduction of the anti-magic group info dumps, we have characters introduction info dumbs and very little action.
And its kinda hard to make an anime start when all you have to work with is 80% info dumps and 20% story development.So its kinda hard to keep people interested in the anime if all you have to animate is a science book.
In 9sc and yokohama arcs there are magic info dumps but the explanations come after or during actual magic use where in enrollment lots of magic info dumps but no actual magic being used.
I say the next arcs will be better. Hope Never Dies!!!!!
Old 2014-04-30, 14:18   Link #680
guestuser

Quote:
this si a LN adaptation not a manga adaptation.
yea i know but i am just using the chapter as length because the light novel is a bunch of words so it is hard to tell how far it will go
guestuser is offline   Reply With Quote