AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-05-07, 10:51   Link #341
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
Except you forget he can use Material Burst on a person directly. All he's doing is converting matter into energy, and people are made up of matter. Just because he hasn't used his magic that way yet doesn't mean he cannot. It just isn't practical to blow someone up with Material Burst when Mist Dispersal is just as effective.
Using MB on a human is highly unpractical and damn right suicidal not to mention world ending. You have any idea what an explosion would result in such an act?
if 1 kg was 20 megatons then a 60 kg human will be 1200 megatons or 1.2 gigatons nuclear explosion.That's insane.

Besides if you read my first post i said MB doesn't "technically" kills people directly. Meaning he never uses the spell on the human body directly.
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-07, 11:03   Link #342
Zoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoboSobo View Post
Using MB on a human is highly unpractical and damn right suicidal not to mention world ending. You have any idea what an explosion would result in such an act?
if 1 kg was 20 megatons then a 60 kg human will be 1200 megatons or 1.2 gigatons nuclear explosion.That's insane.

Besides if you read my first post i said MB doesn't "technically" kills people directly. Meaning he never uses the spell on the human body directly.
He could use it on a much smaller scale you know. Like aiming for a hair follicle. Or a finger nail. Considering its range, if there is a situation in the future where Tatsuya wants to send a message to his opponents to another country, he can use a small-scaled Material Burst to kill someone. That is much more effective as a scare tactic than Mist Dispersal.
Zoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-07, 11:25   Link #343
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
He could use it on a much smaller scale you know. Like aiming for a hair follicle. Or a finger nail. Considering its range, if there is a situation in the future where Tatsuya wants to send a message to his opponents to another country, he can use a small-scaled Material Burst to kill someone. That is much more effective as a scare tactic than Mist Dispersal.
true , but remember he needs the satellite targeting system "third eye" for him to be able to target beyond his 20 km ES range(or how many was mentioned was his range). Getting visual confirmation from a satellite camera on a hair follicle or a finger nail seems a little to much of a stretch even for tatsuya
Old 2014-05-07, 11:30   Link #344
kazakiri
Nobody Knows

Spoiler for Volume 8 material Burst:

All that from a bullet... And you want him to use it on long range as opposed to Extremely Long Range?, while you could argue that it caused a chain reaction which was what actually damaged the ships, we don't know the actual yield per cm3 of MB...
kazakiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-07, 11:37   Link #345
Zoks

Quote:
true , but remember he needs the satellite targeting system "third eye" for him to be able to target beyond his 20 km ES range(or how many was mentioned was his range). Getting visual confirmation from a satellite camera on a hair follicle or a finger nail seems a little to much of a stretch even for tatsuya
He does exactly that with a single water drop. That said, he'd have to use a very small piece of a hair so people know he targeted the body.
Zoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-07, 11:43   Link #346
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
He does exactly that with a single water drop. That said, he'd have to use a very small piece of a hair so people know he targeted the body.
it is possible but highly unpractical. That's why when he used MB in yokohama he chose targets that were very visible, the water drop on the deck of the ship and the flag on top of the flag ship. He could've chosen many other targets of similar mass but he chose the most visible ones because was more practical and more efficient way to achieve the objective.
Old 2014-05-07, 14:49   Link #347
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Tatsuya has no range limit in his ES. What was limited was the bullet that could not reach more than 20 km the first time he used MB.

In Yokohama Tatsuya used MB and sunk a ship 80 Km away. The difference is that in the first time, he was using an actual sniper rifle to shot the already decomposed bullets. In Yokohama he was using a CAD and targeted a drop of water and decomposed it.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-07, 17:54   Link #348
hakazee

Quote:
well technically neither is tatsuya material burst. The energy released from the matter to energy conversion process does the killing, not the magic itself.
Yes, now after there's Flying magic her magic is even worse.
Deep Abyss ? ? ? Just fly away and they're safe.
hakazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-08, 00:18   Link #349
kazakiri
Nobody Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
Yes, now after there's Flying magic her magic is even worse.
Deep Abyss ? ? ? Just fly away and they're safe.
Yes, the Magicians would be safe, until they run out of psions and need to land... Unfortunately, magicians make up only a small portion of the world, and that's not even counting the possible damage to land/sea based vehicles and/or buildings/ports/harbors. Even airplanes can't stay in the air permanently.

Itsuwa Mio, will probably not be deployed anytime soon, as the current enemy is not a specific country but the remnants of Dahan
Old 2014-05-08, 00:21   Link #350
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
Tatsuya has no range limit in his ES. What was limited was the bullet that could not reach more than 20 km the first time he used MB.

In Yokohama Tatsuya used MB and sunk a ship 80 Km away. The difference is that in the first time, he was using an actual sniper rifle to shot the already decomposed bullets. In Yokohama he was using a CAD and targeted a drop of water and decomposed it.
the point i made was for long ranges he needs the "Third Eye" so he can target that far out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazakiri View Post
Spoiler for Volume 8 material Burst:

All that from a bullet... And you want him to use it on long range as opposed to Extremely Long Range?, while you could argue that it caused a chain reaction which was what actually damaged the ships, we don't know the actual yield per cm3 of MB...
Its not about the volume (cm3) its about the mass of the target(kg).
Since the energy release from MB is determined by E=mc2. Volume is irrelevant what matters is the targets mass.
Old 2014-05-08, 00:26   Link #351
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
the point i made was for long ranges he needs the "Third Eye" so he can target that far out.

Its not about the volume (cm3) its about the mass of the target(kg).
Since the energy release from MB is determined by E=mc2. Volume is irrelevant what matters is the targets mass.
Speaking of which is material burst fission type magic or fusion type magic bomb bit confuse
Old 2014-05-08, 00:38   Link #352
kazakiri
Nobody Knows

Quote:
tIts not about the volume (cm3) its about the mass of the target(kg).
oh right sorry
Old 2014-05-08, 00:39   Link #353
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
Speaking of which is material burst fission type magic or fusion type magic bomb bit confuse
neither.

Is matter to energy conversion process.

Matter is formed from atoms, that are formed from neutrons, protons and electrons, and they are formed from fundamental particles and so on down to energy.

Material burst, works by taking a piece of iron and then decompose that iron down to the energy that formed it. But when the process its down in an instant all that energy resulted from the process has to go somewhere causing an explosion that generates multiple types of energy, kinetic, thermal, chemical, electromagnetic etc.

Its the same as any other explosions, a grenade for example is a matter energy conversion process, it takes explosives (matter) and transforms that matter into kinetic and thermal energy.

Quote:
oh right sorry
don't sweat it man ,its no like we are all physicist here, i had to google this stuff my self to get a grasp on it lol
Old 2014-05-08, 00:49   Link #354
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
neither.

Is matter to energy conversion process.

Matter is formed from atoms, that are formed from neutrons, protons and electrons, and they are formed from fundamental particles and so on down to energy.

Material burst, works by taking a piece of iron and then decompose that iron down to the energy that formed it. But when the process its down in an instant all that energy resulted from the process has to go somewhere causing an explosion that generates multiple types of energy, kinetic, thermal, chemical, electromagnetic etc.

Its the same as any other explosions, a grenade for example is a matter energy conversion process, it takes explosives (matter) and transforms that matter into kinetic and thermal energy.

don't sweat it man ,its no like we are all physicist here, i had to google this stuff my self to get a grasp on it lol
So you can call tatsuya mb an ultimate bomb I wonder if he can convert the whole planet or moons to energy using mb
Old 2014-05-08, 01:15   Link #355
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
So you can call tatsuya mb an ultimate bomb I wonder if he can convert the whole planet or moons to energy using mb
I think something like that would be impossible to achieve even for Tatsuya and his impressive amount of psions that are contained within his body.

After all ... while there is no confirmation of that yet, since Tatsuya only used MB on small objects but I believe the psion usage of Tatsuya's MB increases when the weight of the object that Tatsuya tries to convert into energy is getting higher as well.

It's hard to say what is the largest object that Tatsuya can convert, since we still don't know how strong he is without any limits imposed on him (since I doubt that Miyuki's seal is the only limiter placed on Tatsuya), but I think that Tatsuya doesn't need to look for a planet / moon, if he wants to eradicate the whole world for some reason...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-08, 01:30   Link #356
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
I think something like that would be impossible to achieve even for Tatsuya and his impressive amount of psions that are contained within his body.

After all ... while there is no confirmation of that yet, since Tatsuya only used MB on small objects but I believe the psion usage of Tatsuya's MB increases when the weight of the object that Tatsuya tries to convert into energy is getting higher as well.

It's hard to say what is the largest object that Tatsuya can convert, since we still don't know how strong he is without any limits imposed on him (since I doubt that Miyuki's seal is the only limiter placed on Tatsuya), but I think that Tatsuya doesn't need to look for a planet / moon, if he wants to eradicate the whole world for some reason...
i doubt he can convert heavy masses to energy that easily to.
He is trying to make the world a better, peaceful place where magic isn't needed as a weapon so much, so i seriously doubt he will nuke the whole world.

When he will build that gravity type fusion reactor that will pretty much solve the energy problems around the globe and get rich and recognized at the same time

A separate topic if he will be revealed as Taurus Silver before the next 9SC competition do you guys think he will be allowed to be an engineer for the first high anymore? giving the difference of skill between taurus silver and a high school student
Old 2014-05-08, 01:32   Link #357
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
i doubt he can convert heavy masses to energy that easily to.
He is trying to make the world a better, peaceful place where magic isn't needed as a weapon so much, so i seriously doubt he will nuke the whole world.

When he will build that gravity type fusion reactor that will pretty much solve the energy problems around the globe and get rich and recognized at the same time

A separate topic if he will be revealed as Taurus Silver before the next 9SC competition do you guys think he will be allowed to be an engineer for the first high anymore? giving the difference of skill between taurus silver and a high school student
but there still a problem ^^ maybe in the few years time tatsuya might perfected it
Old 2014-05-08, 01:49   Link #358
hakazee

Quote:
Yes, the Magicians would be safe, until they run out of psions and need to land... Unfortunately, magicians make up only a small portion of the world, and that's not even counting the possible damage to land/sea based vehicles and/or buildings/ports/harbors. Even airplanes can't stay in the air permanently.

Itsuwa Mio, will probably not be deployed anytime soon, as the current enemy is not a specific country but the remnants of Dahan
i only say that she's weak, weak physically and her magic is also not good.
it can't kill anyone directly. you can compare her magic with Igor Andreivich Bezobrazov or Miguel Diaz magic.
even Liu Yunde's Thunderclap Tower is more dangerous.

the GAA is the Enemy, they're very pitiful and poor. their citizens live in poverty and hunger.

they can't continue to live like that, they must conquer japan as soon as possible to resque their citizen.
hakazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-08, 02:15   Link #359
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
the GAA is the Enemy, they're very pitiful and poor. their citizens live in poverty and hunger.

they can't continue to live like that, they must conquer japan as soon as possible to resque their citizen.
I doubt they can conquer japan, even without tatsuya strategic magic japan is still very powerful not to mention the GAA lost their entire navy to tatsuya Material Burst and after that i believe it was japan that went over and invaded them.

Anyway the GAA attack on japan was not their doing, the GAA is probably being manipulated from the shadows by the black sage and zhou and used in order to weaken japan military. If a military conflict would to start, the military will have no choice then to deploy the magicians from the 10mc including the yotsuba. A sustained conflict will lead to casualties on both side and as a result the japan and 10mc power will weaken and when that power will be weak enough the black sage and his goons will move in to finish the yotsuba and take their revenge for what happened t0 DaHan 30 years ago.

Its seems like a solid strategy, and kinda fits the MO for the dahan remnants. They tried that in okinawa and then 3 years later in yokohama, i assume by the name of the next volume, they will try again during the next thesis competition in Kyoto.
Old 2014-05-08, 03:02   Link #360
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

I predict...a Miya-centric chapter in the future. Maybe told from her PV or from the PV of someone close to her during that time.
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote