AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 10 Rating
Perfect 10 44 33.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 58 44.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 12.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 5.34%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.05%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-05-10, 04:49   Link #2121
Mr_Magikarp

Now if Aphrodite put the same curse on Touma as she did with Zeus...
Mr_Magikarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-10, 05:01   Link #2122
Tartare25
Bypolar Butterfly

Quote:
Yes, she freaking did it.
It isn't real destruction and more like reboot because core of universe is still here. Othinus can't impact pure world as we know and pure world is part of the universe in broad sense. Her destruction limited to filters and not complete.
Old 2014-05-10, 05:11   Link #2123
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ Still destruction nonetheless.
I think you people need to stop seeing the universe less as a concept and more as a physical object.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
I want touma fight abrahamic god...
Hey, this isn't South Park, okay?
Old 2014-05-10, 05:20   Link #2124
The One Above God
Kamijou

*sigh* I wonder when the summary will come out. hopefully it will be much better than the spoiler fragments we've already had

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-10, 05:34   Link #2125
LevelSeven

I think that if touma needs to fight a god than it will be a group of them, like the 12 greek gods.... of course he would gain help....
Zeus vs touma
Hades vs accel
Poseidon vs shiage (would be really interesting)
etc. etc. etc.
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-10, 05:35   Link #2126
Doc Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Yes, she freaking did it. The key concept is that the previous universe and the new one aren't two separate universe, but the same one.
What she did it was simply overriding the previous universe with something (her filters) to change it into a different one. No matter how hard you try to sugar-coat it, it still count as destroying what was there before even if the new one isn't that different.

That's just one aspect of it. The other aspect is that some of her skills are to make everything literally disappear.
Not really, this was something that Touma realized during their fight:

Quote:
Touma: “When it comes down to it, you are a person who creates. It may be filled with malice and it may be similar to representing ‘crushing a house’ as ‘creating a pile of rubble’, but it does not change what you are. You are a person who creates.”

Othinius: “Call me a god. And what I have done is simple. I have created new filters and placed them over the world so the world appears to have changed. That is why the world appeared changed to you. This is a lot easier than destroying everything and building it back up every time. And your right hand contains the power to level out any foreign elements in the world, so it has difficulty functioning when I change the world itself. …Still, results are everything in the world. In the end, history will record it like this: the Magic God repeatedly destroyed the world and created new ones to make a single boy suffer as much as possible.”
Point is, it only looks like she destroyed something, but actually the setting and the ensemble of the characters in itself wasn't change at all nor their core personalities. No matter the world, for example, there was always a magic side and Academy city or at least the potential for it and no matter the universe, all characters keep their ticks verbal tics for example.

Anyway, I just tried to imagine how some "real" gods could still have greater power than Othinius and the only possiblity is, that Othinius has still restricted in some way. In her case I don't think she can actually destroy the world in a sense of "ending the story". She can only change it or retell it.

Quote:
Correction, it's wasn't a 'duplicate' of Touma. It was a nobody with his identity, it didn't even have his face/voice/body or anything, it was just a nobody that people recognize as Touma. And considering Touma was still there as Touma (which means there are two Touma, one not being that Touma), he still counts as a 'new' character using your interpretation.
Not really, because for me a new character would be a original new character and not some mere concept of a reflection.
Doc Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-10, 05:35   Link #2127
The One Above God
Kamijou

they gon' be campiones.

Old 2014-05-10, 05:36   Link #2128
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tartare25 View Post
It isn't real destruction and more like reboot because core of universe is still here. Othinus can't impact pure world as we know and pure world is part of the universe in broad sense. Her destruction limited to filters and not complete.
she can, her original intent was " destroy the current world completely and build a new one from the scratch" you know.
Btw, where did everyone here get the spoilers??, the novel comes out today isn't it?
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-10, 05:47   Link #2129
The One Above God
Kamijou

what if these gods are just like will-tan? beyond the concept of life and death. it doesn't necessarily mean that they have the same capacity to do what othinus did and beyond. it's just that they're beyond othinus' control that's why they can observe her situation and take interest in it. that being said, they may or may not be able to do the same feats as othinus, but since they're beyond her control, in a straight-up fight, they'd wipe the floor with her.

Old 2014-05-10, 05:48   Link #2130
whitecloud

Touma + godou...to fight nephtys.....
Old 2014-05-10, 05:48   Link #2131
Ap1001
Shikigami of the sages

Final spoiler from the Chinese forum
Spoiler for Number 6:
Ap1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-10, 05:50   Link #2132
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

^
need moar context!!!!
Old 2014-05-10, 05:55   Link #2133
Sacredus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
I think that if touma needs to fight a god than it will be a group of them, like the 12 greek gods.... of course he would gain help....
Zeus vs touma
Hades vs accel
Poseidon vs shiage (would be really interesting)
etc. etc. etc.
touma = lost = dead (I really think Zeus would intelligent enough to not use any magic against touma)
Accel = won
Shiage = won (by a miracle)
Yep, that would be interesting.
Spoiler:
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-10, 06:01   Link #2134
The One Above God
Kamijou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ap1001 View Post
Spoiler for Number 6:
what?! i wonder why kamachi is still hiding no.6. the only reason i can think of is that he is someone we already know. god, please let him be aogami. but wait, if he tried to kill touma, then the odds of him being aogami lowers, but then again, i haven't read shit just yet so i'm gonna wait until full spoilers or the translation's finished

Old 2014-05-10, 06:02   Link #2135
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
touma = lost = dead (I really think Poseidon would intelligent enough to not use any magic against touma)
Accel = won
Shiage = won (by a miracle)
Yep, that would be interesting.
Spoiler:
?? Why would Touma lose when Shiage wins ?
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-10, 06:22   Link #2136
dragon1412

a more important question is : is the spoiler trustworthy ??? i mean while Kamachi goes with crazy idea all the time, he keep the story pretty consistent so this spoiler seem a little over the top for me, and i have been baited 2 times before regard to spoilers.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-10, 06:22   Link #2137
Sacredus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
?? Why would Touma lose when Shiage wins ?
Because I lost all my faith in his capabilities and hope that we will see any progress on both his strength and character.
Old 2014-05-10, 06:25   Link #2138
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ Has he deliberately pulled off sex jokes on a girl before?
No? Then, your point is invalid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ap1001 View Post
Spoiler for Number 6:
For real? Who are the two victims?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Astaroth View Post
Point is, ... retell it.
Who cares about how the world is changed? The point is she destroyed the previous one. Nothing more nothing less.
Spoiler for rest is too long and I hate long posts:
Old 2014-05-10, 06:32   Link #2139
Sacredus

Yeah... such a progress... So, he can say that jokes on further volumes? Oh, he failed, so that girl is now 12cm tall...

Spoiler:
Old 2014-05-10, 06:36   Link #2140
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
Because I lost all my faith in his capabilities and hope that we will see any progress on both his strength and character.
By the way, he did progress in strength. His enemies just also got stronger. The people he is fighting are mostly people that he beat and now is trying to beat again. Isn't that a pretty moot point? Also, I guess this volume is (slightly) helping him regain part of a winning streak lol. Also he is challenging the whole fucking world. Do you really want him to win? Then the entire world would be completely retarded and he would be a Mary Sue.

Also, I don't think anyone in will-chan's territory would be fine with
Spoiler:
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boss rush, denmark