AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 10 Rating
Perfect 10 44 33.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 58 44.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 12.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 5.34%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.05%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-05-11, 17:16   Link #2421
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Form 1 and 2 borrowed elements from fictional beings classically associated with lightning.
Many called it.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 17:25   Link #2422
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Not really because those so called gods, mocks Aleister for sticking only on science. They even mock him with the "stain on the diary" thing which leads to Aleister summoning his blasting rod and begun blasting them.

Plus the realm those so called gods is the one Aleister tried hard to enter.

Othinus can't feel them but she can feel Aleister.

In that part you can say the Aleister and Othinus are still in the same realm but those so called gods are in higher realm.
On the other hand, these "magicians" has absolutely no idea on how science work. They are no less than a bunch of buffoons who just feel like to act cocky and in reality had no idea on how Aleister's power truly works.
If the entity in Sahara really turned out to be Choronzon that Aleister had summoned, I am pretty sure those "magicians" are going to regret what they say pretty soon.

BTW, Aleister is clearly a level higher than Othinus. He was be able to penetrate the "black phase" that Othinus can do nothing about.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 17:58   Link #2423
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
On the other hand, these "magicians" has absolutely no idea on how science work. They are no less than a bunch of buffoons who just feel like to act cocky and in reality had no idea on how Aleister's power truly works.
Which makes them no different to any enemy we saw before

Quote:
If the entity in Sahara really turned out to be Choronzon that Aleister had summoned, I am pretty sure those "magicians" are going to regret what they say pretty soon
Maybe. But if that was true, Babalon must be somewhere putting his bitch(Chrono) in check.

Quote:
, Aleister is clearly a level higher than Othinus. He was be able to penetrate the "black phase" that Othinus can do nothing about.
That was obvious since NT9.
Old 2014-05-11, 18:27   Link #2424
Ap1001
Shikigami of the sages

Actually this group known Aleister for a long time, since the first thing they said after seeing Aleister is "that's a face we haven't seen for a long time", in a kind of old friend tone (the narration confirmed it). So Aleister knows them and they know about him, I don't think they would have no idea how his power work. A lot of people in the Chinese forum also think they acted cocky and isn't strong, but I'm not sure if it really is ignorance and Aleister used his magic name so maybe these guys are really dangerous and at his level.
As for science, it really is unsure whether they don't know about the kihara kind of science (which is the robots and chemical), or the kind that Aleister is messing with. Then again I don't think what Aleister is doing actually qualify as pure "science", and kihara science is useless at this power level. So they not knowing that much about science don't really take off any mark in my book (even espers are questionably science).
Ap1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 18:31   Link #2425
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Not really because those so called gods, mocks Aleister for sticking only on science. They even mock him with the "stain on the diary" thing which leads to Aleister summoning his blasting rod and begun blasting them.

Plus the realm those so called gods is the one Aleister tried hard to enter.

Othinus can't feel them but she can feel Aleister.

In that part you can say the Aleister and Othinus are still in the same realm but those so called gods are in higher realm.
What "stain on the diary"? The Book of Law?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ap1001 View Post
Actually this group known Aleister for a long time, since the first thing they said after seeing Aleister is "that's a face we haven't seen for a long time", in a kind of old friend tone (the narration confirmed it). So Aleister knows them and they know about him, I don't think they would have no idea how his power work. A lot of people in the Chinese forum also think they acted cocky and isn't strong, but I'm not sure if it really is ignorance and Aleister used his magic name so maybe these guys are really dangerous and at his level.
Aleister is a little over 100 years old though. So at most its probably been around 50 years since they last saw each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Many called it.
I don't get what form 2 was supposed to look like. A harpie?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 19:02   Link #2426
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
As for science, it really is unsure whether they don't know about the kihara kind of science (which is the robots and chemical), or the kind that Aleister is messing with. Then again I don't think what Aleister is doing actually qualify as pure "science", and kihara science is useless at this power level. So they not knowing that much about science don't really take off any mark in my book (even espers are questionably science).
You are contradicting yourself. Since they have lost contact with Aleister for some time now, how are they going to suddenly to have perfect understanding over the power Aleister posses now.
Kihara science not working at Aleister's level? Your forget the Agitate Halation project? Density Computer is an ascension ticket to Aiwass' state of being if perfected.
These buffoons are just making a fun out of themselves in mocking Aleister when they don't even know what they are talking about.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 19:12   Link #2427
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
You are contradicting yourself. Since they have lost contact with Aleister for some time now, how are they going to suddenly to have perfect understanding over the power Aleister posses now.
Kihara science not working at Aleister's level? Your forget the Agitate Halation project? Density Computer is an ascension ticket to Aiwass' state of being if perfected.
These buffoons are just making a fun out of themselves in mocking Aleister when they don't even know what they are talking about.
I'm guessing the last time they met was the time Aiwass was summoned before vanishing his presence from the magic side. But this doesn't means they didn't see what he's been doing, at least not within Windowless Building, that thing has something else.
Old 2014-05-11, 19:26   Link #2428
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Pew... that was a lot of catching to do... and lol at accelerator wank and medaka box
Phibrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 19:40   Link #2429
Ap1001
Shikigami of the sages

I'm not saying they have perfect knowledge of all of Aleister's plan, but I also do not think they are total Buffon and ignorant of what Aleister is attempting to do. People seem to be butthurt that Aleister is not standing totally alone at the top anymore, but I would think it becomes more interesting. Also agitate was aimed at "heros" not "gods", what it was trying to accomplish was not the same. I'm not saying these new guys override Aleister's spot as the ultimate mastermind, but they certainly are not buffoons who have no idea what they are talking about. As for the science thing, let me just say that Aleister don't possess their level of ability to use magic as well, since he ditched the thing half way and was having problem accessing these beings plane. So I guess that even both side out, I really don't like having over confident characters (that's what number 2 was for), but so far these character don't give me the totally ignorant vibe. So unless Kamachi says otherwise, I would hold them to have some credibility and status.
Ap1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 19:43   Link #2430
bakato

Quote:
I'm not saying they have perfect knowledge of all of Aleister's plan, but I also do not think they are total Buffon and ignorant of what Aleister is attempting to do. People seem to be butthurt that Aleister is not standing totally alone at the top anymore, but I would think it becomes more interesting. Also agitate was aimed at "heros" not "gods", what it was trying to accomplish was not the same. I'm not saying these new guys override Aleister's spot as the ultimate mastermind, but they certainly are not buffoons who have no idea what they are talking about. As for the science thing, let me just say that Aleister don't possess their level of ability to use magic as well, since he ditched the thing half way and was having problem accessing these beings plane. So I guess that even both side out, I really don't like having over confident characters (that's what number 2 was for), but so far these character don't give me the totally ignorant vibe. So unless Kamachi says otherwise, I would hold them to have some credibility and status.
Aleister had trouble even talking to them? These guys must be no joke.
Old 2014-05-11, 19:45   Link #2431
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Aleister isn't untouchable
The guy whose plans are getting screwed up by Hamazura,
can't keep a leash on Touma,
was forced to come out to Russia
and has Laura on his trail now
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 19:57   Link #2432
Miraluka
Banned

I also doubt Kamachi is that dumb to make real gods to play the idiot ball.
Old 2014-05-11, 20:25   Link #2433
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

On another note, here are the translations of Haimura's notes on his site.

Spoiler for NT09 cover:

Spoiler for NT10 cover:

Spoiler for Birdy and Little Gungnir:

Spoiler for Worlds Beta & Omega:

Spoiler for Human vs God:

Spoiler for Touma and Othinus vs The World:

Spoiler for Touma vs Annihilatus:

Spoiler for NT09 Cover Rough:

Spoiler for NT10 Cover Rough:

Not sure if I was beaten to the punch, though....
Old 2014-05-11, 20:36   Link #2434
bakato

Now that you mention it. The President does look like Rider.
Old 2014-05-11, 20:36   Link #2435
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX View Post
honestly, I'm so angry that I do not have arguments to use against you, and looks that you are the most hated guy in the topic. All spoilers that came out of the volume was horrible, I hope that at least Touma save some scenes.
Lol. All these discussions are making me laugh. Look, just read the spoilers. It's always way better with Kamachi. And there has also been a marked trend since NT6 that the plot material has been getting worse every volume (or at least is easier to mess up and write badly) so the stuff that Kamachi somehow manages to pull off when you read his work completely sucks when anyone else summarizes it. So read it first before you drop. Please... I'm sure Kamachi is still Kamachi. he didn't suddenly become bad and write the worst book ever on the most important book in the franchise after a long time. Yes, the spoilers except the end also turn me off a bit, but I honestly know better by now. It will be amazing. The more controversial it is before you read it, the more you have to read it. It is a good strategy in the end:

Books that can be easily summarized can be skipped. Anything he writes can never be skipped, because if you read the summaries they pretty much always make no sense and leave out all of the good writing and intricate details. Maybe arguably he could make good summaries from his stuff, so it might be possible, or maybe he writes his stuff so even he can't make a good summary. That would actually be pretty hilarious. I kind of want to make a trope... Unsummarizable or something. It really is true though... In fact, I am going to make one. The trope where pretty much everyone hates any summary of a book or books in a book series, but loves the book when they actually read it, and this applies even to the hard core fan base. Maybe if it becomes a trope it'll finally sink in to readers.

Also, as far as whether or not the gods are weaker than Aleister, I do think they likely knew him from when he decided to quit magic and move to science and it has to do with his broken illusions. That I feel pretty confident about, so I expect the gods to be very powerful. On the other hand, I expect them to not know about at least some of his scientific advancements since he left their group. That they know about Aiwass is a bit... Bad for him I guess, but I'm guessing NT6 Accelerator thinking about Aiwass was foreshadowing this. Academy city has to do with the Gods somehow in all likelihood. This can mean that maybe they are big opponents.

I think though that of course Accelerator and Touma will be very important soon enough. God and the one above god will likely both be important soon enough. Aleister Crowley is part of Thelema and seems to have of course the name Beast666 which was the title the real Aleister Crowley also associated with himself.

While I agree that the gods likely don't know everything about Aleister since he seems to want to beat them badly and thus prepared a lot and waited a super long time to bring this complicated plan to fruition. They probably knew about him when he was the strongest magician on the magic side. Which means... That they will likely be very formidable foes. Also, if choronzon is in the Sahara, then what exactly is the invisible thing supposed to be?...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 20:49   Link #2436
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Quite honestly I have stop trying to make head of tails of summaries after NT 06, honestly the summary sounds horrible, terrible and was by far one of the coolest novels.
Phibrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 20:51   Link #2437
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Birdway's outfit and her new weapon look cool as hell

Old 2014-05-11, 21:41   Link #2438
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
Aleister isn't untouchable
The guy whose plans are getting screwed up by Hamazura,
can't keep a leash on Touma,
was forced to come out to Russia
and has Laura on his trail now
and speaking of laura i wonder what's her stand towards the situation. based on the summaries she wasn't even mentioned i think

EDIT; loving the illustrations. it really takes some effort. ANother award for this year perhaps?
Old 2014-05-11, 21:49   Link #2439
dragon1412

i got my copy right now and the only things i can say is : Kamachi strike again!!!

that aside, this is not my Othinus shipper hype but pretty much right now no girl can challenges Othinus position, in the last scene, compare with Mikoto and Index scene, show that Touma clearly have a different reaction towards normal girl and Othinus.
Overall, the volume is really good, arguably at NT9 level.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 21:51   Link #2440
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
i got my copy right now and the only things i can say is : Kamachi strike again!!!

that aside, this is not my Othinus shipper hype but pretty much right now no girl can challenges Othinus position, in the last scene, compare with Mikoto and Index scene, show that Touma clearly have a different reaction towards normal girl and Othinus.
Overall, the volume is really good, arguably at NT9 level.
wooo baby, i cant wait

Tags
boss rush, denmark