Notices

Old 2014-05-14, 06:54   Link #21
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Yeah a plan to wonder if Sasuke cares or not
You forgot that this whole deal with Madara is just a sub plot. The real plot all along was romance!
Old 2014-05-14, 08:05   Link #22
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
You forgot that this whole deal with Madara is just a sub plot. The real plot all along was romance!
Haha, always is XD

I gotta ask though, as time goes on, does it get easier or harder to defend Sakura?
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-14, 08:31   Link #23
milan kyuubi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Haha, always is XD

I gotta ask though, as time goes on, does it get easier or harder to defend Sakura?
Lol! It actually gets easier. Because some people are so bent on putting her down, they come up with some very ridiculous arguments.

And to be honest Naruto fandom wasn't what used to be. Back when I joined I actually had to sit for a half hour at least to write some good counter argument.

Now almost all Naruto forums are full with trolling!
Old 2014-05-14, 08:32   Link #24
HasuMasu
*Artist

Isn't it easier now? She's temporarily almost Wolverine.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-14, 08:37   Link #25
Sinedd

Send a message via AIM to Sinedd Send a message via Yahoo to Sinedd
Chapter 676: The Infinite Dream
Black Zetsu took full control of Obito's body and Madara has now 2 Rinnegans, but I wonder if he can still come back to life. With this said, Obito is dead, or something like this...I don't even know if he's dead. That was all? No last word?
Sakura, always trying to protect Naruto and Sasuke, but that was useless, girl....don't you know that nobody can't stop Madara?
We see a new technique from Madara, Chibaku Tensei.
THE END IS CLOSE for everyone, Madara will kill everybody, nothing can't stop Infinite Tsukuyomi, nothing and nobody!!! It's impossible!! Third eye opened, the 2nd person to open the 3rd eye after Kaguya.
NEXT CHAPTER: INFINITE TSUKUYOMI
Sinedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-14, 09:05   Link #26
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Kubo and Mashima may only know two cup sizes but at least their (major)female characters can actually provide something significant other than "I finally caught up" tape on infinite rewind.
Wait, what? Since when did Kubo have a female character do something significant other than dying, nearly dying, or getting kidnapped?

Quote:
What is with this OP villain characters getting vagin...third-eye ? Aizen had it for no reason apparently. At least Madara's has precedence, I guess.
Pretty sure it's supposed to be based on the eye of enlightenment. You know, like Tien's third eye in DBZ.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-14, 09:12   Link #27
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

So will Sakura become an old woman after everything?
Old 2014-05-14, 09:18   Link #28
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Lol! It actually gets easier. Because some people are so bent on putting her down, they come up with some very ridiculous arguments.

And to be honest Naruto fandom wasn't what used to be. Back when I joined I actually had to sit for a half hour at least to write some good counter argument.

Now almost all Naruto forums are full with trolling!
You gotta admit, it's too easy

Sure you're not just given up on trying? XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Pretty sure it's supposed to be based on the eye of enlightenment. You know, like Tien's third eye in DBZ.
Well, it's a buddhist thing.
Old 2014-05-14, 09:20   Link #29
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
So will Sakura become an old woman after everything?
not gonna happen.
Old 2014-05-14, 09:22   Link #30
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Wait, what? Since when did Kubo have a female character do something significant other than dying, nearly dying, or getting kidnapped?

Er...Yoruichi, Soi Fon, Rukia (recent chapters), Harribel's Fracion were owning until Old man stepped in, Nel.
Old 2014-05-14, 09:33   Link #31
milan kyuubi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
You gotta admit, it's too easy

Sure you're not just given up on trying? XD
Could be!

The quality of discussions are just not up to standards!

Recently I dismantled a whole post (wall of post) on another forum just by posting one word as counter argument ("Scan?").

So disappointing!
Old 2014-05-14, 09:45   Link #32
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Next up: 8 chapters of the ideal world, followed by 8 chapters of people realizing they're in a dream
Old 2014-05-14, 10:29   Link #33
Divinegundam

Quote:
How to stop Madara now?

Well it's very easy...

love it

" Yes; I watched Naruto 15 years ago, it was called Dragon Ball Z"

MY AMV of Tieria/Virtue/Nadleeh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTKrCKoohjU
Divinegundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-14, 10:44   Link #34
GDB

Quote:
Er...Yoruichi, Soi Fon, Rukia (recent chapters), Harribel's Fracion were owning until Old man stepped in, Nel.
I feel that Sakura was more significantly useful recently than any of those. Rukia nearly died, and only managed to win via pep talk by big brother. The rest were years ago. And even then, I wouldn't call anything any of them did "significant". Not any moreso than Sakura or Tsunade or the Mizukage whose name I can't remember.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-14, 11:16   Link #35
Wandering Soul

Sakura's role was basically a big joke and Kakashi just stands there watching Naruto fight. For a team 7 reunion only Naruto and Sasuke can actually do anything. I realize that it is justified considering how powerful Madara is but that doesn't change how hilarious their roles end up being.
Old 2014-05-14, 11:27   Link #36
Typeblue

I think the word sexism is thrown around to loosely on this forum. I disagree that the Manga is sexist. For there to be sexism, 1 of 2 things needs to be present: discrimination or prejudice. Prejudice is an unjustified or incorrect attitude (usually negative) towards an individual based on a defining characteristic; in this case gender. Discrimination is the practice of unfairly treating a person or group of people differently from other people or groups of people.

Sakura (plus everyone else) are outclassed by Naruto and Sasuke..How is that sexist? No woman has yet to pass the Army Officer Infantry training …is that sexism? Is it sexism that only 14% of all U.S marines are women…

Portraying most female characters, as weaker than their male counterpart, in a physical combat scenario is not untrue or unfair…Men (on average) are physically stronger than women; that is a fact. If Madara is Osama Bin Laden…then Naruto and Sasuke will be Seal Team 6 (the elites of the elite). Please stop throwing sexism out there, unless you can prove that there is discrimation, prejudice or an unfair stereotype
Old 2014-05-14, 11:58   Link #37
The Green One

The problem most people have with how females are portrayed in this manga is they rarely if ever get to do or accomplish anything important in the story. Sakura has eternally fallen behind Naruto and Sasuke and can't catch up no matter how hard she tries. She's really only had one major high level fight that she's been in that she won, and even that was with the help of another character, albeit another female character.

Hinata's role has revolved around being a sacrifical lamb to motivate Naruto. Getting her brains beat in by Neji to provoke Naruto into trying to get strong to avenge her in the Chunnin exams. Then to almost die in a failed effort to save Naruto in a suicidal charge against deva path Pain. Then she tried to sacrifice herself to take the bullet for Naruto when Obito sicced the Jubbi on him and she would of died if Neji hadn't gone "NO ME!" and hijacked the sacrifice instead.

Ino has just been a satellite and never really involved in anything important beyond the forest of death. Her appearances have just been in mook level fights with her team and done little more than just show that "Hey, I still exist!"

Tsunade has lost almost every fight she's been in depending if you count her beating Naruto in part 1 as a win or not.

I could give more examples but you can see the trend with this. Ignoring the rabid shippers, I think the majority of people would just like to see the female characters being able to participate more actively and accomplish more alongside their male counterparts.

It seems to be a source of frustration throughout the manga.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-14, 13:16   Link #38
Typeblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
The problem most people have with how females are portrayed in this manga is they rarely if ever get to do or accomplish anything important in the story. Hinata's role has revolved around being a sacrifical lamb to motivate Naruto.
Tsunade has lost almost every fight she's been in depending if you count her beating Naruto in part 1 as a win or not.

I could give more examples but you can see the trend with this. Ignoring the rabid shippers, I think the majority of people would just like to see the female characters being able to participate more actively and accomplish more alongside their male counterparts.

It seems to be a source of frustration throughout the manga.
Naruto and Sasuke are the exception not the rule. Most male Characters in the manga fall into the same category as Sakura. Rock Lee despite all his hard work could not surpass Sasuke or Naruto. He never won a fight. Kakashi has lost almost every fight he's been in; the ones he won, he had help

There are strong and weak female characters in Naruto. Hinata is a weak character with a strong bloodline. Like Hinata, Obito was a weak character with a strong bloodline who became the sacrificial lamb to make Kakashi stronger

Naruto is a work of fiction that centers around 2 strong male leads. There is nothing wrong with that. Mai Hime centered around strong female leads, there was nothing wrong with that either. Seinfield was about 4 Jewish friends and hardly portrayed African American characters….dosen’t make the show racist

When all is said and done, give or take, I think people need to stop micro analyzing Naruto and enjoy it for what it is…a work of fiction
Old 2014-05-14, 16:32   Link #39
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I like one of the pages where Sakura is busy admiring Sasuke flying around chopping up meteors while Naruto looks like he's gone full retard fighting the air with Kakashi looking at him with the "....." trail lol
Old 2014-05-14, 17:03   Link #40
Alchemist007
*Author

Sounds about right.

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion