AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 10 Rating
Perfect 10 44 33.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 58 44.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 12.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 5.34%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.05%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-05-19, 21:41   Link #3361
bakapervert
A pervert

Frustating to see Touma lost like that. Before he got subdued pretty quickly by some special forces, got chased and almost get killed by AC's army, and now he got beaten decisively. This string of curbstomp is starting to bring down my mood. But still, nice chapter what with Biribiri's preaching and more of TOuma's revelation.

Aside from that, more injury accumulated what with all the beatdown and electroshock. How the hell Touma is still walking there??

And also, two chapters in one day. What the hell Js06, are you god? Are you a Buddha? Whatever you are I'll start praying to you from today. Js06 bless you. Amen.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-19, 21:42   Link #3362
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Regarding next chapter...
Spoiler:
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-19, 21:46   Link #3363
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
At the start he was and was doing a terrific job. Then his resolve wavered and Misaka capitalized on that. I found it pretty acceptable in terms of how things went.
that's the problem, I think it did not need, I would like a really serious fight between them.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-19, 21:50   Link #3364
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Great thinking by Touma as expected! The way he used the Five_Overs was awesome
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-19, 21:54   Link #3365
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
that's the problem, I think it did not need, I would like a really serious fight between them.
But, then she wouldn't be a legitimate threat and the whole battle would be like this:
Quote:
“What is this nice feeling? I was risking my life with all those legitimate threats, so this is a nice change of pace. It’s so relaxing.”

“Stop! Don’t put me in the comedy battle category!!”

“Y’know what, Misaka? You feel a lot like a hot spring in a snowy mountain or an oden stand during winter.”

“Don’t treat me like some old woman!! You’re older than me!!”
Actually, that could be pretty fun seeing as the first two parts were the ones I enjoyed in this chapter.
Old 2014-05-19, 21:55   Link #3366
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
“I can’t. I may have easily beaten you ten minutes ago, but I doubt I could beat you now no matter what I did.”
of course, you are absolutely amazing.

Quote:
But, then she wouldn't be a legitimate threat and the whole battle would be like this:
what do you prefer?

a serious fight, even if it means Touma humiliating Mikoto? or a fight where Touma does not go with all out and loses?
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-19, 21:56   Link #3367
The One Above God
Kamijou

touma should have shouted at the FiveOvers and Mikoto: "FUS RO DAH!" (remembering that a dragon came out of touma's arm twice, i just randomly thought about it)

Regarding the Mikoto chapter, is it just me or that Mikoto's preach was unnecessary? I mean, what she was trying to say to Touma has been hammered to him last volume by Will. Anyway, it's a fairly average chapter for me, not bad but not really very good. Still good though.

I can actually see Touma possibly winning the fight if he hadn't wavered in the last minute. I feel like they could have used this chapter to give us a real fight between Imagine Breaker and The Railgun. Like the two of them fighting it out, Mikoto still angry at him and going all out against him, Touma could just beat her and promise to explain everything to her after everything is over, and when everything is over he explains to her, she preaches to him, and hugs him (without lightning). That way, she could have gained more points. Too bad that's not the point of this chapter. At least she was able to reinforce Touma's resolve in a way.

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-19, 22:00   Link #3368
The TouMAN

She didnt Got Punched by the TouMAN because of the divine protection of a certain editor...>_>

seriously miki-san that downgraded the fight a lot

if it was a serious one( as i think kamachi want it to be) it would have been a lot better

Note: what does misaka do with those tentacles of her free time o.O!?
The TouMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-19, 22:01   Link #3369
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by The TouMAN View Post
She didnt Got Punched by the TouMAN because of the divine protection of a certain editor...>_>

seriously miki-san that downgraded the fight a lot

if it was a serious one( as i think kamachi want it to be) it would have been a lot better

Note: what does misaka do with those tentacles of her free time o.O!?
Lets... not devolve into that stuff again.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-19, 22:01   Link #3370
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
"When I see that, I’ll attack my previous thoughts and admit I was wrong!! I’m not some stuffed animal on a conveyer belt!! If I know continuing on will drop me off a cliff, I’ll readily change my beliefs or ideals!!”
There it is
We already knew it but its nice to see it more clear into words

Old 2014-05-19, 22:02   Link #3371
The TouMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Lets... not devolve into that stuff again.

Hhehhehehehe!! like hell we would ( at least i wouldnt im more of a lurker than a poster)
Old 2014-05-19, 22:05   Link #3372
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Above God View Post
touma should have shouted at the FiveOvers and Mikoto: "FUS RO DAH!" (remembering that a dragon came out of touma's arm twice, i just randomly thought about it)

Regarding the Mikoto chapter, is it just me or that Mikoto's preach was unnecessary? I mean, what she was trying to say to Touma has been hammered to him last volume by Will. Anyway, it's a fairly average chapter for me, not bad but not really very good. Still good though.

I can actually see Touma possibly winning the fight if he hadn't wavered in the last minute. I feel like they could have used this chapter to give us a real fight between Imagine Breaker and The Railgun. Like the two of them fighting it out, Mikoto still angry at him and going all out against him, Touma could just beat her and promise to explain everything to her after everything is over, and when everything is over he explains to her, she preaches to him, and hugs him (without lightning). That way, she could have gained more points. Too bad that's not the point of this chapter. At least she was able to reinforce Touma's resolve in a way.
This, entirely. I feel like this entire chapter was a huge missed opportunity. A full-blown slugfest between the two of them would have be the best. But, instead, Mikoto just attempted to take Will-tan's place. No good, Miko-chin. No good.
Old 2014-05-19, 22:08   Link #3373
R.LocK
My turn

Now, now, no bashing Mikoto now.

Kamijou needed to know that his friend did approve of his decision. Not just the collective will of Sisters but an individual who suffered in the original timeline and was filled with guilt. Anything other than that was... comedic battle, alright.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-19, 22:09   Link #3374
Trung-t-rung

This chapter is kind of average to me.
While Mikoto is not so bad, she's too violent in this case. Thanks to a certain editor, she didn't get punched for all the attacks. I mean, come on, I don't mind Touma get beat down by SWAT, or special agents but what the hell happen to his precog with all her attack ? And if she zapped him at the end, wouldn't it be cancelled by IB ?
Can someone explain to me how the hell did Touma go angsting again ?I just skimmed through it.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-19, 22:11   Link #3375
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

mikoto is a violent version of will

though this fight would make more sense than both of them going all out (which i wanted to see)
Old 2014-05-19, 22:12   Link #3376
Verrueckter
Sarcastic Ass

Hmm, I really liked this chapter, I seem to be in the minority though.

About Misaka's speech, the Will motivated Touma to move, but in the end he still saw what he did as a sin or an evil that he was going to have to carry, once Misaka caught on to that she rejected that notion and hit him in the face while showing the contradiction in his behavior compared to how he resolved the Sister's arc.

Rather than rehashing the Will's speech it was more like she picked up where the Will left off by freeing him of the burden/sin that he had placed on his own shoulders. Allowing him to continue down his chosen path with a clear conscience.

It was an awesome role reversal imo, Misaka Touma'd Touma.
Verrueckter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-19, 22:15   Link #3377
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by NT10 Ch16 Pt4
In that infinite hell, the Will of the Sisters had saved him by saying he could pursue his own selfishness over the ideal of saving the world.
And now he had been taught that humans were not so simple that saving the world and recreating it into a convenient form was enough to make everyone unconditionally happy.
While the subject matter was similar, the Will and Misaka took 2 completely different roles. Misaka didn't take anyone else's place or anything of the sort.

Also, there's only so much one can blame on Miki. Making the spinoff with Misaka as a main character? Sure; it was a great decision regardless of what anyone thinks. But it's ridiculous to say that Miki's got a hand in it every time Misaka gets involved in the main story that makes her look good in some way.
Old 2014-05-19, 22:18   Link #3378
The TouMAN

this time it feel a little forced... no really.... forced agree or disagree with me i dont care i like misaka moments just like anybody else.. but this time it just feel forced.... with the TouMAN¨s will wavering out of nowhere when a few moments ago he was willing to throw the Five_OVERS at her.. :d that is why after the five overs it feels forced.. but anyway... i want NEXT CHAPTER NOW!!!
Old 2014-05-19, 22:18   Link #3379
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verrueckter View Post
Hmm, I really liked this chapter, I seem to be in the minority though.

About Misaka's speech, the Will motivated Touma to move, but in the end he still saw what he did as a sin or an evil that he was going to have to carry, once Misaka caught on to that she rejected that notion and hit him in the face while showing the contradiction in his behavior compared to how he resolved the Sister's arc.

Rather than rehashing the Will's speech it was more like she picked up where the Will left off by freeing him of the burden/sin that he had placed on his own shoulders. Allowing him to continue down his chosen path with a clear conscience.

It was an awesome role reversal imo, Misaka Touma'd Touma.
I gotta agree with this, there was nothing wrong with the fight, I'd say
Having things get too serious probably would have made their relationship a little messy
not to mention she got the chance to help him

Old 2014-05-19, 22:20   Link #3380
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
While the subject matter was similar, the Will and Misaka took 2 completely different roles. Misaka didn't take anyone else's place or anything of the sort.

Also, there's only so much one can blame on Miki. Making the spinoff with Misaka as a main character? Sure; it was a great decision regardless of what anyone thinks. But it's ridiculous to say that Miki's got a hand in it every time Misaka gets involved in the main story that makes her look good in some way.
Thanks to him, we will never have an all-out match between Touma and Mikoto. While I don't mind Mikoto winning, I'd need a good explanation instead of Touma goes "T'm too angst to fight seriously"
BTW, Can anyone say anything about how she can zapped his whole body without being cancelled by IB?
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boss rush, denmark