AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-05-25, 04:05   Link #521
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

^i think mitsugu was referring to tatsuya being the crystallization of the yotsuba sin as a metaphor rather then literal sense of the words.
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 04:52   Link #522
Chris38

Personally I think that we shouldn't deny any possibilities when it comes to the comment of Mitusgu saying that Tatsuya is the crystallization of the Yotsuba sin.

After all ... it's the Yotsuba we are talking about ... a clan that deals with many shady operations ... and keeps many things as a secret like ... the existence of artificial magicians like Tatsuya or augmented magicians like the Sakurari series.

Basically ... with a clan like that ... anything is possible, since I think that the Yotsuba are certainly capable of making some secret experiments that the other 10 master clans are unaware of ... and they are also definitely capable of keeping the results of those experiments hidden as well.

So at least , until the author provides more details about the reason why Tatsuya is mentioned of being the crystallization of the Yotsuba's sin ... I wouldn't try to provide reasons why Tatsuya can't be the result of some kind of artificial conception or a metaphor ... since the other clans and countries ... don't hesitate to make the extent of their research public (at least based on how they have been portrayed by the author so far) ... while the Yotsuba keep things that they do / achieve hidden ... so we can't honestly tell, if the things that the other clans or countries could / couldn't achieve, applies to them as well ...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 05:12   Link #523
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Personally I think that we shouldn't deny any possibilities when it comes to the comment of Mitusgu saying that Tatsuya is the crystallization of the Yotsuba sin.

After all ... it's the Yotsuba we are talking about ... a clan that deals with many shady operations ... and keeps many things as a secret like ... the existence of artificial magicians like Tatsuya or augmented magicians like the Sakurari series.

Basically ... with a clan like that ... anything is possible, since I think that the Yotsuba are certainly capable of making some secret experiments that the other 10 master clans are unaware of ... and they are also definitely capable of keeping the results of those experiments hidden as well.

So at least , until the author provides more details about the reason why Tatsuya is mentioned of being the crystallization of the Yotsuba's sin ... I wouldn't try to provide reasons why Tatsuya can't be the result of some kind of artificial conception or a metaphor ... since the other clans and countries ... don't hesitate to make the extent of their research public (at least based on how they have been portrayed by the author so far) ... while the Yotsuba keep things that they do / achieve hidden ... so we can't honestly tell, if the things that the other clans or countries could / couldn't achieve, applies to them as well ...
I said as a metaphor because the whole modern magic system is a eugenics experiment. the 9 institutes for magic research is where magicians were genetically modified, augmented, grown in artificial wombs etc.
So saying tats is an artificial mage is more metaphoric since if you look at the 10 mc they are all born from genetic modifications and alterations and god knows what else.

Also is not like tatsuya was born without magic, he wasn't. He had magics pretty damn powerful ones to. The operation din't give him magic from scratch just expanded his arsenal to include other magics.
Old 2014-05-25, 06:35   Link #524
Echizen777

There was only one lab who was somewhat open with his researches. It's the 3rd and not open enough to let them known to the public. It was mentioned in the discussion between Miyuki and Yakumo that the subjects of each labs are secrets. Yotsuba is a clan who is just not open with the others.

Tatsuya is the 1st son. And we know Tatsurou was paid to marry and give children to Miya. Unless you think one of them have been genetically modified(yes, Miya is from a lineage of modified magicians but it doesn't count) there is no reason to think Tatsuya's birth was abnormal. Miyuki is fine as well. For me the Yotsuba sin is clearly the fact to have used a direct descendant, the one who should have been the heir for an experiment leading to emotion loss. Tbey mistreated a family member to that extent despite what they did when Maya got raped.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 07:13   Link #525
My Zodiac Aries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
There was only one lab who was somewhat open with his researches. It's the 3rd and not open enough to let them known to the public. It was mentioned in the discussion between Miyuki and Yakumo that the subjects of each labs are secrets. Yotsuba is a clan who is just not open with the others.

Tatsuya is the 1st son. And we know Tatsurou was paid to marry and give children to Miya. Unless you think one of them have been genetically modified(yes, Miya is from a lineage of modified magicians but it doesn't count) there is no reason to think Tatsuya's birth was abnormal. Miyuki is fine as well. For me the Yotsuba sin is clearly the fact to have used a direct descendant, the one who should have been the heir for an experiment leading to emotion loss. Tbey mistreated a family member to that extent despite what they did when Maya got raped.
And other interesting fact is Mitsugu say that " its not the time to use that THING "
Also " we should lock that Thing in basement "

I wonder why the Yotsuba don't kill him instead locking him in the basement ?
maybe Mitsugu still think that there's a right time to use Tatsuya ?
Or the Yotsuba can't kill him because Tatsuya is way too powerful.
My Zodiac Aries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 08:13   Link #526
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Zodiac Aries View Post
And other interesting fact is Mitsugu say that " its not the time to use that THING "
Also " we should lock that Thing in basement "

I wonder why the Yotsuba don't kill him instead locking him in the basement ?
maybe Mitsugu still think that there's a right time to use Tatsuya ?
Or the Yotsuba can't kill him because Tatsuya is way too powerful.
or maybe its because not all the yotsuba share the same feelings for tatsuya as mitsugu does.
This whole thing could still be just mitsugus personal opinion and nothing more.

As for the yotsuba to kill tatsuya they have no reason, just trying such a feat will cost them the next generation of magicians from the main house tatsuya and miyuki.
And i don't see a reason why maya will want to kill him, we never seen her express ill intent towards him in fact i think she actually cares about him as strange as that sounds
Maya definitely has something big planned for tatasuya so there is no reason to try and killl him.
Old 2014-05-25, 10:48   Link #527
Echizen777

The Yotsuba fear and hate Tatsuya but they don't want to kill him. Actually you can consider that they tried to help him by giving him an artificial MCA. But it was weak and he lost his emotions, they considered him worthless but at least gave him the role of Guardian.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 08:07   Link #528
Guest2

Quote:

Your exaggerating their shadiness. The Sakura series have never been mentioned as one of their secrets. They were stated to have been bought from some other unknown lab. They were bought as powerful throwaway defensive tools.

The reason Tatsuya's existence has been kept secret by the Yotsuba has nothing to do with him being an artificial mage, and has been stated to be related to Miyuki's protection. The military also wants to keep his existence secret for their own reasons. The real identity of the Shiba family, guardians and cousins are all hidden due to safety concerns.

The Yotsuba's are feared as powerful and influential magic assassins. Thats it. They are known to have been created from enhancements of their MCA using outer-systematic magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoboSobo View Post
I said as a metaphor because the whole modern magic system is a eugenics experiment. the 9 institutes for magic research is where magicians were genetically modified, augmented, grown in artificial wombs etc.
So saying tats is an artificial mage is more metaphoric since if you look at the 10 mc they are all born from genetic modifications and alterations and god knows what else.
You've wrongly mixed up a bunch of novel info there. The worldwide development of magic and superior magicians involved magic research, live human experimentation, genetic modification, augmentation, artificial wombs etc. The prominent Japanese families were more successful at producing superior magicians by paring suitable couples together, having them marry and give birth naturally. Not through actual genetic tampering or other artificial methodso since such methods were abandoned as they were found to produce unstable offspring per v12.

Japan's Ten Magician Development Laboratories were stated as magic institutions set up to study different areas of magic spells, and enhancing magicians using magic. There has been no mention yet of any genetic experimentation, magician breeding, or artificial conception/creation of magic babies to have occurred at the developmental labs 1, 3, 4, 7 & 10 so far mentioned. They just select suitable magicians for each area and used them to research, test and improve their magic killing techniques.

The 10 Master clans was a group set up by Kudo and others from the magician products of the Developmental Labs. They formed this group to help govern magicians in their country and is stated to have been created with an additional goal of providing magicians who are humanoid weapons. This includes preparing themselves and their offspring for possible conflict and breeding the next generation from their talented magic blood pool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
The Yotsuba fear and hate Tatsuya but they don't want to kill him.
I would have to say everybody who has seen Tatsuya's real power has shown fear, including his 101 buddies. But I don't believe the Yotsuba have actually shown much fear of him. His mother and Uncle displayed more shame than anything else. Maya talks about him like he's a disobedient and wayward son who also just happens to be a barely controlled monster.

The clan have not shown they hate him either except for Aoki. But this is because Tatsuya purposely always acts rudely to him and riles him up. He states Aoki is such a stickler for clan hierarchy rules he behaves foolishly stupidly when his buttons are pushed.

According to Hayama the others only dismiss him as a fake magician and think nothing much of him.
Guest2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 08:25   Link #529
My Zodiac Aries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest2 View Post

I would have to say everybody who has seen Tatsuya's real power has shown fear, including his 101 buddies. But I don't believe the Yotsuba have actually shown much fear of him. His mother and Uncle displayed more shame than anything else. Maya talks about him like he's a disobedient and wayward son who also just happens to be a barely controlled monster.

The clan have not shown they hate him either except for Aoki. But this is because Tatsuya purposely always acts rudely to him and riles him up. He states Aoki is such a stickler for clan hierarchy rules he behaves foolishly stupidly when his buttons are pushed.

According to Hayama the others only dismiss him as a fake magician and think nothing much of him.
i think Mitsugu hate him, he doesn't want Tatsuya to regrowth his arm.
also he want to lock tatsuya in the basement.
how that's not hate ?
if he's smart enough then he would take advantage from Tatsuya just like how Maya use him.
Old 2014-05-26, 09:57   Link #530
Guest2

Quote:
i think Mitsugu hate him, he doesn't want Tatsuya to regrowth his arm.
also he want to lock tatsuya in the basement.
how that's not hate ?
if he's smart enough then he would take advantage from Tatsuya just like how Maya use him.
How is it hate? All it means is that he doesn't want Tatsuya to walk around free. He initially refused treatment and said some silly things to his son, but accepted the treatment anyway and answered Tatsuya's questions straightway with no fuss. He complaints about him being the crystallization of Yotsuba sin. I see no hate in his words or actions, only shame of his clan's past. Whether he's smart or not is a separate matter.
Old 2014-05-26, 10:10   Link #531
My Zodiac Aries

Quote:
How is it hate? All it means is that he doesn't want Tatsuya to walk around free. He initially refused treatment and said some silly things to his son, but accepted the treatment anyway and answered Tatsuya's questions straightway with no fuss. He complaints about him being the crystallization of Yotsuba sin. I see no hate in his words or actions, only shame of his clan's past. Whether he's smart or not is a separate matter.
So now Mitsugu is a good guy that can't accept inhuman experiment on Tatsuya ?
There's something wrong with the Yotsuba's brain. Everybody looks like a Fool when they deal with Tatsuya. Except Maya and Hayama.
Old 2014-05-26, 19:09   Link #532
Guest2

Quote:
So now Mitsugu is a good guy that can't accept inhuman experiment on Tatsuya ?
There's something wrong with the Yotsuba's brain. Everybody looks like a Fool when they deal with Tatsuya. Except Maya and Hayama.
No, I personally believe he was referring to Tatsuya's extreme MCA specializations being related to the Yotsuba's past and how they were enhanced in the 4th lab, not about any inhuman experimentation on Tatsuya.
Old 2014-05-26, 20:47   Link #533
My Zodiac Aries

Quote:
No, I personally believe he was referring to Tatsuya's extreme MCA specializations being related to the Yotsuba's past and how they were enhanced in the 4th lab, not about any inhuman experimentation on Tatsuya.
wait why that became a sin ? Mitsugu himself is also the product from 4th lab. everybody from the Yotsuba is the product from 4th lab.
why Tatsuya be the only exception ?
Old 2014-05-26, 20:56   Link #534
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
wait why that became a sin ? Mitsugu himself is also the product from 4th lab. everybody from the Yotsuba is the product from 4th lab.
Well, that's because he is Tatsuya.
He is a butt-monkey in a sense.
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-

Last edited by bietchie11; 2014-05-27 at 04:18.
bietchie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 23:01   Link #535
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Guest2 night be right, it is because of his very large natural MCA(which is an yotsuba trait born from the 4th lab) he has such an extreme and powerful specialization such as direct interference into eidos.

He could call it the "sin" because he considers everything yotsuba did in the past in terms of magic/magicians research to have been responsible for giving birth to such powerful magics like decomposition and regrowth
Old 2014-05-27, 00:20   Link #536
Chris38

^ Maybe it could, but I think that just that would be a too extreme reason to lock someone up.

Not to mention, I think that that statement specifically meant Tatsuya ... who is pretty much an oddity within his clan ... that would make me pretty surprised if there aren't any portions of information that the author keeps us in the dark about.

Since it's not like Mitsugu's statement / attitude is the first one that could have a few different meanings:

- First there is Kunou Retsu's statement of being the first successful example ... which could refer to his artificial MCA, but it's vague enough that it could refer to something else.

- Second there is Maya's attitude of seeming to know something about Tatsuya that he is unaware of...

- Finally there is Mitsugu's statement...

Since the author also has a rough outline of the story - considering that he even has an estimate of how many volumes there could be, before the story would be completed ... I doubt that he would be making those vague statements, if there wouldn't be anything that he still hasn't revealed when it comes to Tatsuya's past / origins...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 02:11   Link #537
Guest2

Quote:
wait why that became a sin ? Mitsugu himself is also the product from 4th lab. everybody from the Yotsuba is the product from 4th lab. why Tatsuya be the only exception ?
Yes they are, but the labs aim was strengthening the MCA through outer-systematic magic to produce magicians with monstrous powers. With Tatsuya it went too far because his extreme specialization meant he was born with no regular magic ability, a disgrace of a 10 Clan heir in their eyes and failure of a magician.

Quote:
Maybe it could, but I think that just that would be a too extreme reason to lock someone up.
Unless Tatsuya is the one at fault because he did something wrong, I would also consider any other reason to be an extreme. But Mitsugu gets carried away like that, as seen in that same scene with his words to Fumiya.

Quote:
Not to mention, I think that that statement specifically meant Tatsuya ... who is pretty much an oddity within his clan ... that would make me pretty surprised if there aren't any portions of information that the author keeps us in the dark about.
Well the point was that it is Tatsuya's specialization and consequent monotonous power but also lack of any 'true magic' ability. Unless your suggesting Tatsuya himself did something wrong?

Quote:
First there is Kunou Retsu's statement of being the first successful example ... which could refer to his artificial MCA, but it's vague enough that it could refer to something else.
Its vague enough that we don't which ability he's referring to, but he was quite specific about it being an ability he saw used in the 9SC match. It takes several jumps outside the context given to reach the conclusion he was talking about the artificial MCA, and so is quite unlikely.

Quote:
Second there is Maya's attitude of seeming to know something about Tatsuya that he is unaware of...
Not sure what text you are you referring here.
Old 2014-05-27, 02:20   Link #538
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Yes they are, but the labs aim was strengthening the MCA through outer-systematic magic to produce magicians with monstrous powers. With Tatsuya it went too far because his extreme specialization meant he was born with no regular magic ability, a disgrace of a 10 Clan heir in their eyes and failure of a magician.

Unless Tatsuya is the one at fault because he did something wrong, I would also consider any other reason to be an extreme. But Mitsugu gets carried away like that, as seen in that same scene with his words to Fumiya.

Well the point was that it is Tatsuya's specialization and consequent monotonous power but also lack of any 'true magic' ability. Unless your suggesting Tatsuya himself did something wrong?

Its vague enough that we don't which ability he's referring to, but he was quite specific about it being an ability he saw used in the 9SC match. It takes several jumps outside the context given to reach the conclusion he was talking about the artificial MCA, and so is quite unlikely.

Not sure what text you are you referring here.
I guess Chris34 was refering to secret to tatsuya birth or before he was undergo to mca operation 0_0
Old 2014-05-27, 03:05   Link #539
My Zodiac Aries

Quote:

Maybe Mitsugu think Material Burst is Sin ?
That's why he said that " its not the place to use that thing. "

Of course, there's a place to use that thing like Da Han incident.
Old 2014-05-27, 09:10   Link #540
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Or the sin could be Tatsuya could be a result of some twisted genetic experiment that even the Yotsuba think went "too far".

As for Maya letting Tatsuya free to roam around as he pleases, well one, since he's a dragon he's not exactly the type you can just lock up and expect him to just stay there peacefully. He can't be bound by walls--he'll just destroy everything. And two, maybe she's had plans for him for a very long time...maybe it has something to do with Miyuki?

My wild guess? She's planning to pair-up her niece and nephew and is just going about the whole thing very carefully.
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote