AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-03-12, 00:57   Link #101
kobun

its not a spoiler but is there going to be a new openning for ep 14 and on?
kobun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 05:50   Link #102
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Considering the way they ended Episode 13, yes, most likely there will be a new opening and ending starting from Episode 14.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 10:07   Link #103
kes

According to my information, the OP should be the same but the ED2 will be by THE LOOSE DOGS. Original names are 「しょぼい顔すんなよ ベイベー」 / ザ・ルーズドッグス. The CD is delayed to 19th Apr. (was 12th). The catalog no. is CTCR-80022 and is 1st Limited Edition CD.

Manga is still on-going, I wonder if Major is another long baseball anime series like Touch(101 eps). hmm..I still need to catch up the manga..the stage after Goro came back to Jap.
kes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 10:15   Link #104
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kes
According to my information, the OP should be the same but the ED2 will be by THE LOOSE DOGS. Original names are 「しょぼい顔すんなよ ベイベー」 / ザ・ルーズドッグス. The CD is delayed to 19th Apr. (was 12th). The catalog no. is CTCR-80022 and is 1st Limited Edition CD.

Manga is still on-going, I wonder if Major is another long baseball anime series like Touch(101 eps). hmm..I still need to catch up the manga..the stage after Goro came back to Jap.
Thank you for this information.
I SO hope major will be at least 1 more season
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 21:20   Link #105
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Spoiler:
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-13, 03:18   Link #106
Amuse
BECK

Thank you!! I <3 Major!!!
Amuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 02:23   Link #107
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangofe
Thank you for this information.
I SO hope major will be at least 1 more season
Hm...I wouldn't be surprised if it had another season. It would be cool to see Goro and Toshiya playing in the Majors and the title suggests.
Keitaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 15:23   Link #108
kobun

ep 14

They altared the intro a little. However the ending what the hell? there are no spoilers in the ending, but i thought the toshi goro ending was a little odd bathing, sleeping etc... odd....
Old 2006-03-18, 15:25   Link #109
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobun
ep 14

They altared the intro a little. However the ending what the hell? there are no spoilers in the ending, but i thought the toshi goro ending was a little odd bathing, sleeping etc... odd....

I loved the ending.
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 15:57   Link #110
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobun
there are no spoilers in the ending, but i thought the toshi goro ending was a little odd bathing, sleeping etc... odd....
Odd? They will be developing the partnership of Goro and Toshi in the coming episodes and the rekindling of their close friendship when they were still young kids.

Are people just getting a bit too touchy about certain matters and seeing certain things where there is none? *sigh*
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-26, 15:35   Link #111
kobun

ep 15.

i love this show to death, but why did animation take a nose dive these last few episode. its gotten awful.
Old 2006-03-28, 22:18   Link #112
apr
Pedestrian

Neener!
http://apr.lolikon.org/photos/upload/major_manga.jpg
:)
Old 2006-03-28, 23:39   Link #113
chamelean75

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr

Dang, is the Major manga still going full steam ahead or does it look like it's slowing down. How many chapters out so far?
chamelean75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-29, 10:21   Link #114
youknowme

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr

Wow, can you give some hints on where the story is going and where it is currently?
youknowme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-29, 11:26   Link #115
Chiaki

The anime is currently around volume 20.
Chiaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-29, 16:45   Link #116
apr
Pedestrian

I don't want to spoil it, but I can probably say it's the best sports manga I've ever read (and I've gone through Slam Dunk (all volumes), Yawara (all volumes) and Hajime no Ippo (73 volumes so far), plus 10 volumes of Captain Tsubasa). While being a dramatic sports manga the first part (anime season one), and a regular sports manga in the second (season two tournament stuff), it really explodes and gets completely fucking awesome when they start training for real. Well, you'll see what I mean.

I'd like to note that the anime removes parts of the manga (regarding his stepdad) and adds some stuff (Shimizu meeting Ryouko), so I'm afraid you're in for a second rate experience if you keep watching the anime.

Um, I don't really know where the manga is right now, since I only read published volumes, rather than the weekly chapter stuff. So far 57 volumes have been released, and it's still going strong. Volume 55 had a brilliant "FUCKING FINALLY" moment that had me crying of joy, but I won't spoil it. Mind you, while the current arc is rushing ahead happily, I do believe we're going to see the manga end before volume 70 or so. I just don't see how the author can continue to make it interesting for us after that, but who knows?

In all honesty, I should also mention that there's a bit of a slump (in my opinion) in the middle of the series, but it's still good stuff.
Old 2006-03-29, 17:28   Link #117
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr
I don't want to spoil it, but I can probably say it's the best sports manga I've ever read (and I've gone through Slam Dunk (all volumes), Yawara (all volumes) and Hajime no Ippo (73 volumes so far), plus 10 volumes of Captain Tsubasa). While being a dramatic sports manga the first part (anime season one), and a regular sports manga in the second (season two tournament stuff), it really explodes and gets completely fucking awesome when they start training for real. Well, you'll see what I mean.

I'd like to note that the anime removes parts of the manga (regarding his stepdad) and adds some stuff (Shimizu meeting Ryouko), so I'm afraid you're in for a second rate experience if you keep watching the anime.

Um, I don't really know where the manga is right now, since I only read published volumes, rather than the weekly chapter stuff. So far 57 volumes have been released, and it's still going strong. Volume 55 had a brilliant "FUCKING FINALLY" moment that had me crying of joy, but I won't spoil it. Mind you, while the current arc is rushing ahead happily, I do believe we're going to see the manga end before volume 70 or so. I just don't see how the author can continue to make it interesting for us after that, but who knows?

In all honesty, I should also mention that there's a bit of a slump (in my opinion) in the middle of the series, but it's still good stuff.
Since you seemed to have read the manga so far, I have a few questions.

Spoiler:
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-29, 18:22   Link #118
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt
Since you seemed to have read the manga so far, I have a few questions.

Spoiler:
Uh... I don't remember everything, but I'll try. These are huge spoilers, so hands off, people!
Spoiler:
How'd you know all that stuff anyway? I doubt the anime went through all of that in episode 15...?
Old 2006-03-29, 19:06   Link #119
youknowme

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr

Thanks for the info, that sucks that no one scanlates the manga, even the raws are hard to find.
youknowme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-29, 21:10   Link #120
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr
Uh... I don't remember everything, but I'll try. These are huge spoilers, so hands off, people!
Spoiler:
How'd you know all that stuff anyway? I doubt the anime went through all of that in episode 15...?
Thanks for the info. It tempts me to come up with more questions, but I'll save them for later.

I have the raws for most of the volumes, I have an idea on what is going on, but I cannot understand the small details that seem a lot important.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball, shounen, sports