Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-04-30, 20:03   Link #141
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
It definitely looks easier in BF4, theres been points where I've taken down choppers with 2 rockets fired in quick succession (both of which where clean hits that ignored flares).

I remember back in BF3 that it often took 2 people spamming AA together to take down some choppers.

Its something I often see discussed in game chat too.
Maybe I should go back to using AA more.

I lived off of the AA vehicle in BF3. As US on the Operation Firestorm map I was unstoppable. It took me a long time to get my SAM skills to the point where I could nail a chopper or plane with one missile and then try to down it quickly with AAA.

But, like I said, I've been using the IFVs like crazy in BF4. In BF4, very, very few maps had IFVs. In BF3, they're on almost every map and usually in pairs, so you can easily grab one. (Though, I still have more kills in MBTs than any other vehicle)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
I remember a lot of players complaining quite vocally about the flares not reloading fast enough to mount up a constant protection against the never-ending swarm of MANPADS missiles steadily fired at them (which is fair game...until it reaches the point of stinger- or igla-spamming). That's basically one of the reasons why I rarely use the choppers in BF4 nowadays, especially in maps where you can't use the terrain and local structures to hide yourself.

As for AAA, well, the consensus on the forums is that they were nerfed (I didn't notice, since the AAA is being camped out by other players who want to use it as bad as you do) compared to BF3. There are a few maps, though, wherein they can shine...like Caspian Border 2.0 where they usually make a killing...that is, when they're not being harassed by engineers and tanks.
I did notice the other night on Dawnbreaker with the Chinese AA unit that it seemed to be doing massive damage with the AAA on fighters. I downed a couple fighters and a couple choppers, but the choppers were being dumb and staying fairly still. Never even bothered with the SAMs because the buildings usually made it too difficult to get a lock.

I'll try out MANPADs when I get a chance to see how they handle in BF4. Honestly, I have no empathy for pilots after how overpowered air units were in BF3. If SAMs are much better now, good.

EDIT: Dang.

So, I used the Chinese AA on Paracel Storm tonight and I was having a blast. I can see where the SAMs are significantly more effective. I also like that the AAA tears light-skinned utility helicopters apart, like they should.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 14:04   Link #142
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

*SIGH*

It was originally only a rumor and then we received confirmation. EA is getting desperate enough in the wake of the BF4 fiasco to fork the franchise into a direction that only has a figurative tie to its very name.

Oh, and the original video has been deleted already. EA's lawyers were quick.

Edit:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Anyway, I shouldn't even care because there's a 90% chance I won't buy BF5 (if the franchise is spared Medal of Honor's fate and makes it to 5) or Bad Company 3 (if EA or DICE ever decide to make one), even a year or two after release when the prices are way down. BF4 was probably my last BF game.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2014-05-28 at 14:36.
Renegade334 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 15:01   Link #143
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Cops and robbers now ? EA is really scraping the barrel now.

There is already 2 payday games that have a similar premise and it even looks like they're just recycling assets from previous games weapon wise...

The sad part is people wont have learned any lessons from brokenfield 4 and likely buy it in droves.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 15:50   Link #144
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

The game DOES feel like a member of the BF family, but they could've used a different name rather than announce this IP as the newest BF installment.

Watch leaked trailer here.
Old 2014-05-28, 16:11   Link #145
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Is anyone else reminded of good old Counter strike?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 19:49   Link #146
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

This is being made by Visceral Games, so I'm pretty interested by that alone.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 20:44   Link #147
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
This is why I stick with vanilla BF3 and BF4.

I found a great server with a good map/game-mode rotation. I've been playing it a ton lately. Even better, they've got an active Ventrillo server, so I've actually been able to chat with other players during the game.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 21:14   Link #148
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

For once, I'm sighing as well at battlefield...that game looks terrible. Counterstrike meets Battlefield!

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-29, 11:03   Link #149
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
This is being made by Visceral Games, so I'm pretty interested by that alone.
From what I hear, the single-player campaign is by VG, but the MP is by DICE (just like they did for the Medal of Honor reboot), so odds are it'll still be plagued by bugs (kill trading, etc) and the insufficient ticket rate (10% for BF4 compared to 30% in BF3, though some servers in the recent Community Test Environment [CTE] post-release beta [please savor the irony] do have higher tick rates for research purposes), which combined together made the entire BF community cry tears of blood and vow financial revenge on EA.
Old 2014-05-30, 14:20   Link #150
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Thought it's better to post here than bumping up the old BF3 thread.

Battlefield 3 standard edition is now free on Origin for the next few days. The catch? The game is about 20GB now.

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 06:33   Link #151
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

I know that this new game needs its own thread, but I'll post this here anyway.

The Battlefield Hardline closed beta is now live on Origin. I have my own ticket, so I'll see in a couple minutes if it's just a reskin of BF4 (hopefully with the latest Netcode fixes) or if it has its own little spice.

EDIT: yep, does feel like a BF game (it even has the ammo and health pack drops!), though the unlock system is point money-based (you buy what you want rather than progress through a predetermined playlist, except for the weapon add-ons, which are made available for purchase depending on how many weapon stars you've received) this time. But it does feel like a BF4 reskin.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2014-06-13 at 02:36.
Renegade334 is online now   Reply With Quote