AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-03-28, 06:08   Link #101
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

It cant be help isnt it? If they continued, they have to bent the reality a bit.. Japan do have problem beating Korean in RL @ Go isnt it? At least thats what I've heard why HnG was discontinued ...
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-28, 06:10   Link #102
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto
It cant be help isnt it? If they continued, they have to bent the reality a bit.. Japan do have problem beating Korean in RL @ Go isnt it? At least thats what I've heard why HnG was discontinued ...
Really? I'd heard that the mangaka just got bored and wanted to do something new.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-28, 06:13   Link #103
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Never knew the truth.. thats what I've heard ... Heard that bored reason as well before... didnt really know which is which @_@
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2006-03-28, 06:42   Link #104
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hawq
Witch hunter robin- The ending just was so empty, it felt like it had nothing in it, by the time I was watching the show, I did not even notice that I was watching the last episode, but then again I was not keeping track on what episode I was on, still I did not feel anything out of the enidng.
Yeah, what happened there at the end? I never understood it, was there some sort of a time reset?

Anyways the worst ending for me was Berserk the anime, but I guess it was supposed to lead in to the manga? So, yeah whatever, I'm ok with it I guess. Doesn't change the fact that it's the worst, especially when the show came full circle to the beginning and there's no actual conclusion.

The best ending would have to be .hack/sign, though I wasn't too crazy about the main character being a girl. But I've guessed it along the way so I was prepared for it. I liked it so much I was able to tolerate the other .hack shows.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-29, 03:34   Link #105
Celes__

Quote:
[Kenshin TV (Should have ended after Shishio arc)
Agree with this.

I wouldn't mention Karekano here, because it just doesn't have an ending (which is a shame)

There are many animes that I wish would have ended another way, but that doesn't mean that their endings are bad.
As for bad endings, I'd say Full metal alchemist (Considering that I haven't watched the movie), but even with the movie, I just didn't like the things that happened in the last episodes, they were so weird.
Celes__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-29, 22:25   Link #106
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^I heard Kenshin got a new director or writer after the Shishio arc and it showed glaringly because the whole feel of the series totally changed...

I don't know i actually like FMA's final episode...it was a bit weird but kept the tragic, ominous feel of the entire series IMO...

Spoiler for ...:

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2006-03-30 at 00:19. Reason: syntax
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-29, 23:42   Link #107
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
I don't know i actually like FMA's final episode...it was a bit weird but keep the tragic, ominous feel of the entire series IMO...

Spoiler:
I liked the ending to FMA too. And if you want to know about the movie (basic overview)
Spoiler:
Old 2006-03-29, 23:44   Link #108
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Quote:
I don't know i actually like FMA's final episode
Yah the ending, for the full metal alchemist was pretty good,The best was riza hawkeye(I love that name), and Roy mustang, but the ending for the movie was baaaaad.
Mr.Hawq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-30, 00:18   Link #109
Morgri

Hmmm, good endings are actually really hard to find nowadays in anime. I don't know what happened to all the good ones. However, there were a few that were good.

1. Now and then, Here and There had a great great ending
2. Chrno Crusade's ending is nearly flawless
3. Erementer Gerad had a way above average ending.
Morgri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-30, 00:25   Link #110
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hawq
...but the ending for the movie was baaaaad.
Mm... I don't know. While the actual events that took place in the movie were about what one would expect in a movie sequeling an anime - and even cliche during certain scenes - the movie was able to remain true to the overall atmosphere and psychological pretenses set by the anime series. It was only appropriate for the movie to have end the way it did: The ever present reality is just one step beyond threshold of fantasy. One may desire to escape from the harsh truths of human society by venturing into the realm of fantastic apparitions, but the ties that connect every individual to reality cannot be severed so easily. That was what Edward realized by the end of the ordeal.
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-30, 01:05   Link #111
RedFrame
A talking white tiger :O
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to RedFrame
Quote:
Shuffle (I can't use my magic because my Mom's hamster will die )
:node:node: Totally agree
Im even wandering if the script writer take a second thought if the sript make sense

RedFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-30, 20:54   Link #112
evil-samurai

Quote:
^I heard Kenshin got a new director or writer after the Shishio arc and it showed glaringly because the whole feel of the series totally changed...
Well the Third kensihn (filler) Arc was enoyable for me overall, It had some really!! bad!! parts but I like a few of the small storys it had. The firefly story was told well even though it was just a recolection of a sob story for some guy kenshin meet, plus they had thay funny scene in the hotspring so for me it had its up and downs, To bad the last Arc from the manga didn't get animated

@ wingdarkness It wasn't really a new director, It was that the fact they had 30+ "fillers" ep.s just like Naruto is doing right now, the ep.s from 60-95 or so weren't based on the manga. Though naruto fillers are much! much! worst then kenshin (imo) the show ended because of the ratings.. they went down.. also I cant remember but I think it was also partly due to money issues as well.

Well the OVA Seisohen (aka reflections) is meant to be the so-called-follow-up-ending on the Tv series because people complained about the end and wanted more though it really! reallly! sucked that OVA just wasn't kenshin-like, and I hate is so much >.< I still to this day want to see the Proper ending to kenshin animated, (though its not going to happen ) not some piece of sh*t OVA with out of character roles, as a Cheap money grab >.>
Spoiler for kenishn Refeltions OVA:
Well a few Good endings.

->Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's
->Texhnolyze
->Samurai Champloo

Last edited by evil-samurai; 2006-04-04 at 01:56.
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-30, 23:32   Link #113
Mousuke

Good Endings:
-Cowboy Bebop-My all time favorite series with my all time favorite ending, so sudden and perfect how
Spoiler:

-FMP:TSR-The whole series was good, and I was worried that they wouldn't be able to wrap it all up in one episode but, by God, they did! And they did it brilliantly. The music was beautiful and the ending with Sousuke and Kaname felt unfinished but content...until the next season, anyway.
-Samurai Champloo-I was sad to see
Spoiler:
but it's just one of those endings that leaves you feeling good.

Okay Endings:
-Trigun-It wasn't horrible. It was rather predictable and sort of cheesy, but it wasn't bad.

Bad Endngs:
-Peacemaker Kurogane-Now this was bad. Why they added that final episode when they really didn't need it is beyond me. Not only did it not explain a LOT of plotholes (Souji's past? Huh?), but it explained things that we just really did not need to know.
-KGNE-Ugh. I HATE it when shows end on an ultimately happy note, especially when everybody's successful and in coupledom. This was just horrible. The last five minutes were unbearable when Haruka read her 'book', if you could call it that.
Mousuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-02, 16:49   Link #114
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

I'm gonna add Canvas to the list of bad endings

Spoiler:
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-02, 17:00   Link #115
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy
I'm gonna add Canvas to the list of bad endings

Spoiler:
Yes, strange, isn't it?
Depends on where you stand. Last time I checked, there isn't much of a problem with their kind of relation, and Elis' age in Japan is not a problem either.
Yes, that crossed my mind. I'm still trying to find reason
Old 2006-04-04, 00:40   Link #116
spike2068

i agree with Wsheit on the fact that people seemed ready to hate an ending just because it is an ending and they get all centimental. i will admit that it was how i felt when bebop or full metal and trigun ended but as time went on i realized espeacialy for bebop that it was how it had to end. in spikes case when he died i was almost brought to tears and anger came witht that but eventualy those tears of sadness to tears of happiness that spike was free at last and wasn't traped in this world. in vashes case he still believed in not taking life so he didn't and it left the series open for more so i enjoyed it and full metal led straight to a movie which we all knew it would the evangelion ending hoever i will agree on.
spike2068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 07:19   Link #117
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Worst/Most disappointing final episodes

Note: a spoiler galore is probably in order, so proceed at your own risk.

Have you ever watched an anime and truly enjoyed it, but the last episode did nothing short of dragging that experience down in to the dump ? Or was simply poorly executed and did not manage to tie up any loose ends and did not provide the closure you expected? Well, i have

Mahoromatic season 2

Spoiler:

The other one that comes to mind would have to be... Shuffle!
Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-24, 07:34   Link #118
monster

Well, the first anime that comes to mind is Berserk. I won't go into the details since I can't even register in my mind what happened at the end. Of course, later I found out about the manga, but still, at the time I was just dumbfounded. I almost felt cheated since it's one of the reasons I had to give up watching Bleach just because my friend was praising it and all that. Oh well, it's alright now that I think about it, since I fell in love with Naruto later on anyways.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 07:45   Link #119
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

I'll say that Ichigo 100% and Ai Yori Aoshi had a bad ending, because it didn't have an ending at all!!
please someone give us some closure or another season!!
omg
Areguzanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 07:47   Link #120
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Tenjou tenge >.<

Nothing better then having a full season going towards the tournament, then stopped before it began >.>

That, and of course shuffle
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa